PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

The game feels like a beta. Players running through players (never saw that in PES 2017 and I have played 1500 matches in it), players not reacting to ball every minute... What the fuck was Konami doing all year long? No new menus, no new options (how its possible, that there is no team strenght filter in Divisions and full manual filter yet again???), even no new before match animations... Pathetic.
As I thought, the "take one player a run with him like crazy" playing style is totally overpowered (especially the first two or three meters with attacker are a complete superhuman nonsense), defense is totally broken and nonexistent, defenders are so much slower and stupid than attackers, body physics are also broken. All of that was so much better in pes 2017.
Still its an very good game, just going in the wrong direction compared to PES 2017. Ball physics are awesome.

Man of a few words.
Its an improvement over '17. Not the most incredible game ever made like the marketing team sold it to us a few weeks ago (back heels, AI lobbed through pass, scripting).

I'm having trouble defending, don't know if responsiveness, AI one touch passes, player switching, or simply just me... Also,

Still... I will enjoy it, longevity is still to be determined.

Man of a few words.
Its an improvement over '17. Not the most incredible game ever made like the marketing team sold it to us a few weeks ago (back heels, AI lobbed through pass, scripting).

I'm having trouble defending, don't know if responsiveness, AI one touch passes, player switching, or simply just me... Also,

Still... I will enjoy it, longevity is still to be determined.
Defending is tough as hell,I need to sort my player switching out

I wonder now that games get more and more complicated/advanced,isn't it time to have more options for us players?
Both on Pes and FIFA.
Setting your defence in your own box to mark a bit differently.
Having the choice to go zone or man,and letting your CPU players do so.
I know it's done by default if you control player far from the action,but it doesn't really work that well,letting the CPU do the work.
Might try again,with different settings (aggressive pressure) and let my CPU guys do a bit more work for me,as of now they just back down

So the game is nothing like Adam sold to us: a precious pearl that has been secretly under development for 3 years.

Im hearing a lot of complaints about the game having very basic mechanics issues like player switching. How this game is the end result of a 3 years development cycle is beyond me.

Whom they are trying to decieve ? Sometimes Konami think they are dealing with a bunch of clowns... come one.

Im holding off my purchase. I was thinking about getting the game on pstore today, but there are just too much complaints.

Ok, its expected to see people not very satisfied with certain products, but the thing is some of the issues are quite visable on the demo and gameplay videos, they are issues that might not be gamebreaking for some, but they significantly reduce the game lifespan. I cant imagine forcing myself to enjoy a game in wich the cpu makes the same atracking routine over and over and over again.

Absolutely loving this game at the minute.

Had a day off work today to look after my poorly 3 year old and when he was asleep started a master league with Newcastle on top player

Very hard to begin with. Couldn't buy anyone because of wages restrictions so bought 4 free agents. Two wingers, a cmd and a keeper.

Found it less responsive for the first few games, but now plays really well.

In my first five games I have 2 points and only scored twice, but then hit three against Tottenham away, but lost. Just been stoke 6-1 in the cup. The goals looked brilliant and more like life like football than I think I have ever seen. Balls across the box and players running in and sticking a foot out and it going in

I'm playing with a lwf cf ss and rwf with cdm and cm.

Top Player is the sweet spot for me. Again, thanks everyone who recommended it.

Superstar and Legend just make it unrealistic and unplayable in Master League. Top Player makes it fun, but still challenging!

Back in love with this. Let's hope I stay here!!

Glad to know that, so is something like the past years? Professional was the best settings on ML... so -2 from the top level is something to avoid wild scripting?

Yeah Superstar is just AI unrealistically abusing you. Although I sometimes enjoy it on Top player, I wish there was a bit more of the attacking AI on Superstar. Just a much balanced one. So far I have a mixed feelings on ML.

Just to know, but no one have experienced this crappy behavior of central defender that go backwards when the team advance?????????????

3 years???? No, No and no, thnks to the guy that have gifted this game to me (@incas36 again thnks) but if i had bought this game probably my review on steam would be bad

I wonder now that games get more and more complicated/advanced,isn't it time to have more options for us players?
Both on Pes and FIFA.
Setting your defence in your own box to mark a bit differently.
Having the choice to go zone or man,and letting your CPU players do so.
I know it's done by default if you control player far from the action,but it doesn't really work that well,letting the CPU do the work.
Might try again,with different settings (aggressive pressure) and let my CPU guys do a bit more work for me,as of now they just back down

There is this theory that your AI teammates don't defend at 100% because then you would just let them do all the dirty work, waiting to counter, thus making the game easier. Now that is a valid concern, problem is they're mostly handicapped and close to brain dead at times.

Personally I can't wait till both EA/Konami rethink their difficulty levels. It's a relic from the video game stone ages. Just random words that make you feel better ("wow I'm playing at legendary/top player, i'm that good"). Just develop the best offensive and defensive AI you can and let the user choose BOTH on a simple scale of 1-10 or 1-5 or whatever.

That would be awesome and more people could find their preferred balance. As someone who doesn't really enjoy high scoring games I would love to play with the AI defending at the highest possible level, and work from there...

(This is another great use of sliders btw. Top player too easy but SS too hard? Just by handicapping or boosting the CPUs offensive or defensive traits, you can create more in-between difficulty levels or otherwise balance things out. More options are always good, so I hope more people and Konami realise this sooner rather than later).

Fantastic post
I agree,it's time for more choices,not necessarily agreeing fully on sliders,but yes options,how you play,how that CPU plays,most importantly,skip the difficulty levels.
Like you say make the game as hard as possible ( or as simple as possible) then let us have the choice to have options between 1- 10 for some sort of scale of aid!
And back to sliders,not using the word,even though it's exactly what it is
But I don't wanna see the system FIFA uses, rather,as we said,a super tough CPU to play against,and having the opportunity to adjust our "help" accordingly

Not gonna go in to deep on why I think full slider set like FIFA has isn't the way to go.
But one reason is, it's not working in some areas.
Remeber 16' horrible pass % from the CPU, between 88-93,no matter how you did set up pass accuracy/first touch error/pass speed.
But @manmachine , fantastic post and I agree full on (nearly)

Yeah Superstar is just AI unrealistically abusing you. Although I sometimes enjoy it on Top player, I wish there was a bit more of the attacking AI on Superstar. Just a much balanced one. So far I have a mixed feelings on ML.
What do you play ML on? Top Player?

There is this theory that your AI teammates don't defend at 100% because then you would just let them do all the dirty work, waiting to counter, thus making the game easier. Now that is a valid concern, problem is they're mostly handicapped and close to brain dead at times.

Personally I can't wait till both EA/Konami rethink their difficulty levels. It's a relic from the video game stone ages. Just random words that make you feel better ("wow I'm playing at legendary/top player, i'm that good"). Just develop the best offensive and defensive AI you can and let the user choose BOTH on a simple scale of 1-10 or 1-5 or whatever.

That would be awesome and more people could find their preferred balance. As someone who doesn't really enjoy high scoring games I would love to play with the AI defending at the highest possible level, and work from there...

(This is another great use of sliders btw. Top player too easy but SS too hard? Just by handicapping or boosting the CPUs offensive or defensive traits, you can create more in-between difficulty levels or otherwise balance things out. More options are always good, so I hope more people and Konami realise this sooner rather than later).

I suggested this to adam (separate attack/defense difficulty sliders) it would make offline so much better

But one reason is, it's not working in some areas.
Remeber 16' horrible pass % from the CPU, between 88-93,no matter how you did set up pass accuracy/first touch error/pass speed.
But @manmachine , fantastic post and I agree full on (nearly)

Well the good thing about options is that even if some people don't like the idea, they can simply not use the option.
That means they trust konami in developing the game they really want, year after year, and you know what, most of the time that won't happen.

The problem is that konami, needs to make choices like this by themselves, they need to innovate, and you can't do that when all things are a popularity contest. What if they removed manual passing because their data shows that only 1% use it? I suspect there would be an outrage. Would you trust konami in getting PA0/1 passing just right/the way you want it, year after year? Options, my friend. They need to add features, not based on popular opinion, but rather because it would benefit their product.

Well the good thing about options is that even if some people don't like the idea, they can simply not use the option.
That means they trust konami in developing the game they really want, year after year, and you know what, most of the time that won't happen.

The problem is that konami, needs to make choices like this by themselves, they need to innovate, and you can't do that when all things are a popularity contest. What if they removed manual passing because their data shows that only 1% use it? I suspect there would be an outrage. Would you trust konami in getting PA0/1 passing just right/the way you want it, year after year? Options, my friend. They need to add features, not based on popular opinion, but rather because it would benefit their product.
There's good ideas in what you say,if options really would work, absolutely,I'm all for it.
Think we can agree on a different outlook and approach tw the games in question
Bit since screaming youtubers and FUT/HUT online crap runs the outcome of future games...
Not so sure it'll happen

Just played my derby Vs Juventus,not enough aggressive defending etc etc by the CPU?
Got smashed 5-1
Horrible game,no chance a step behind the whole game.
I fkn hate this right now

There's good ideas in what you say,if options really would work, absolutely,I'm all for it.
Think we can agree on a different outlook and approach tw the games in question
Bit since screaming youtubers and FUT/HUT online crap runs the outcome of future games...
Not so sure it'll happen

I agree man. This year they appease the screaming youtubers, next year they will appease some other group and piss off others. And that's why they really need something like this. But the "whatever is currently popular" approach leads to "one size fits all", when their problem is how to expand their market. Maybe it will happen, but for the long run... I don't know. But "one size fits all" is certainly limiting.

Last edited:
They really need to sort out those perfect backheels from impossible angles, really starting to annoy me, feels very very arcadey that part, I hate it. Yeah also what people have posted previously those long high balls by AI as well as those perfect angled long through grounded balls needs to get sorted out, if Konami are serious about there game, but at the same time Konami are targeting the casual crowd as well very obvious, FIFA 18 demo blind passes and backheels are much much better. After this years version Iv lost complete trust from adam and co, cos the game they promote at E3 is fake.
3 yrs in the making yeah right probably worked on it for 2 months each years. Sorry for the rant had it to get it out of my system.

So the game is nothing like Adam sold to us: a precious pearl that has been secretly under development for 3 years.

Im hearing a lot of complaints about the game having very basic mechanics issues like player switching. How this game is the end result of a 3 years development cycle is beyond me.

Whom they are trying to decieve ? Sometimes Konami think they are dealing with a bunch of clowns... come one.

Im holding off my purchase. I was thinking about getting the game on pstore today, but there are just too much complaints.

Ok, its expected to see people not very satisfied with certain products, but the thing is some of the issues are quite visable on the demo and gameplay videos, they are issues that might not be gamebreaking for some, but they significantly reduce the game lifespan. I cant imagine forcing myself to enjoy a game in wich the cpu makes the same atracking routine over and over and over again.

I thought this was the first year of a three year development cycle, not the other way around.

Back
Top Bottom