PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I was just playing man.

But since you've said all that, I've started with ISS on SNES and FIFA IS on Megadrive. And been rolling with both since.

Which is a great thing.
I'm all for playing both, if both deserve it.
Actually 2012-2013 was the best season for me. PES 2013 was great with all the tools, mods, patches that the community developed. It really made it an awesome and complete game on PC. While FIFA was amazing on the NG consoles of that time. I enjoyed both games so much throughout the whole season, going back and forth every other month. I wish it could be like that every year. Two absolute football games.

Which is a great thing.
I'm all for playing both, if both deserve it.
Actually 2012-2013 was the best season for me. PES 2013 was great with all the tools, mods, patches that the community developed. It really made it an awesome and complete game on PC. While FIFA was amazing on the NG consoles of that time. I enjoyed both games so much throughout the whole season, going back and forth every other month. I wish it could be like that every year. Two absolute football games.
I wish so too, and wish we'd have more than just 2.

This is my first ever football game.

I look at this now and don't know how anyone complains.

Does anyone play with second player icon on?
I've babble about that before,perhaps being useful when defending,gonna try it again,if anyone plays with it let me know

I can´t do it... it becomes too distracting to me. I wish they changed a bit the programing behind the player switching. I pretty much feel that it only swiches to players behind the ball, even if you have another player chasing right behind the oponent. Sometimes it´s a pain getting the wright defender to close the gap.

I can´t do it... it becomes too distracting to me. I wish they changed a bit the programing behind the player switching. I pretty much feel that it only swiches to players behind the ball, even if you have another player chasing right behind the oponent. Sometimes it´s a pain getting the wright defender to close the gap.
Same here mate,but, guessing of course,it's there for a reason,since player switching (normal) is really bad as me and you both know.
I'm playing with semi setting on player switching,might go full manual switch and try secondary
Think it's there for a reason

there is a rare occasion in which i cannot change to the closest player to the ball, other than those events i find it to work really fine & responsive.
I love the "next player" icon, i think i couldnt ever go back to the times before this

Same here mate,but, guessing of course,it's there for a reason,since player switching (normal) is really bad as me and you both know.
I'm playing with semi setting on player switching,might go full manual switch and try secondary
Think it's there for a reason

Well, I thought so too, the idea is to know sooner, wich player we are going to control next. The thing is, now, I have to look at the controled player, at the player I want to control, and at the player with the sign 2 on the head... It´s too much for me, maybe I´m lazy ahah. I´m so used to the normal semi switch that I can´t play with manual switch. Also, I doubt that it helps any better.

Well, I thought so too, the idea is to know sooner, wich player we are going to control next. The thing is, now, I have to look at the controled player, at the player I want to control, and at the player with the sign 2 on the head... It´s too much for me, maybe I´m lazy ahah. I´m so used to the normal semi switch that I can´t play with manual switch. Also, I doubt that it helps any better.
Played the demo on manual switch a few games (no secondary) and it worked just great,might try that first,scored a few goals that I'd never would have on semi,since my CPU guys banged them in

So are you all playing with Challenge mode turned on or Classic?

Would love to know if there USB a big difference before I start ML with Brighton

Does anyone play with second player icon on?
I've babble about that before,perhaps being useful when defending,gonna try it again,if anyone plays with it let me know
i'm afraid to try again.. first time i tried it created chaos in my head! :D think is has to do with the player switching itself needing some tweaking!

Haha, nice. That reminded me, this was the first one I played. I remember me and my brother actually taking time and playing this bloody game. Hahaha, so ridiculously shit.

Then it was Kick Off and Sensible Soccer on the Amiga, which were really great, in their own weird early 90's kind of way.

there is a rare occasion in which i cannot change to the closest player to the ball, other than those events i find it to work really fine & responsive.
I love the "next player" icon, i think i couldnt ever go back to the times before this
Just found this, yeah I'm gonna give some more love
I'm sure if,getting used to it,it's brilliant

Haha, nice. That reminded me, this was the first one I played. I remember me and my brother actually taking time and playing this bloody game. Hahaha, so ridiculously shit.

Then it was Kick Off and Sensible Soccer on the Amiga, which were really great, in their own weird early 90's kind of way.
Started playing football games in my 20's
Old enough to have a childhood with Lego and sticks as my Xbox
First football game FIFA 95, horrible,second one Iss on PS1,loved that one.
Back then I worked with kids at a after-school project,so i played a lot

Last edited:

Down the nostalgia route eh? I'm a little younger probably. My first Football game was in the Snes. GOAL! by Jaleco

Down the nostalgia route eh? I'm a little younger probably. My first Football game was in the Snes. GOAL! by Jaleco

Haha, nice. I seem to remember having played that on an arcade machine back in the day. We can complain all we want of this year's PES, but if we look only a few years back, it's clear to see how far the games have really moved afterall. :)

i prefer professional. sometimes i set it to TP to have more of challenge. but im good with professional and full manual.

@Matt10 : i was testing you tactics from the latest video last night. and it kinda worked. robben and ribery went back the sideline to protect the sides. thing is: they move even more hectic when switching from offense to defense. hm...

i set your tactics (not 5 sec fix but the latest where you just move the player back/maintaining their main positions) to defensive instructions (fluid formations on). on offense i set it more "offensive"! ;) is that correct or do i have to set it the same for all (at kick off, offense and defense)?!

The most recent video used the method earlier of moving player roles to their limits, but I also included the following:

Advanced Instruction > Attack > "Defensive" and assigned it to the CF or SS

This is working quite well, but I have to find a work-around when there is a 3 FW system.

I would not have been able to enjoy this back in the day, not with those net physics

Jokes aside, it's amazing how far we have come in our own lifetimes, from moving white dots on the screen to a player pretending to play golf at the corner flag.

God I hate that celebration.

Hi everyone, I am viper182, from Italy. I have a question (sorry if someone already answered). I am looking for a way to let PES2018 can import my PES2017 era teams (I created 125, both clubs and nationals).

From PS4 PES2017 (exported teams: nameXXX.bin) to PES2018 (team to import: nameXXX.ted)

Can anyone help me ?

The most recent video used the method earlier of moving player roles to their limits, but I also included the following:

Advanced Instruction > Attack > "Defensive" and assigned it to the CF or SS

This is working quite well, but I have to find a work-around when there is a 3 FW system.
alright, i'll have a look at the videos again and try to set it this way in game.

lets get this beast tamed! ;)

Hi everyone, I am viper182, from Italy. I have a question (sorry if someone already answered). I am looking for a way to let PES2018 can import my PES2017 era teams (I created 125, both clubs and nationals).

From PS4 PES2017 (exported teams: nameXXX.bin) to PES2018 (team to import: nameXXX.ted)

Can anyone help me ?

You can't use PES 2017 OF for 2018. It's different.

You can't use PES 2017 OF for 2018. It's different.
... so there is 0 chances, at the moment, to let PES2018 import PES2017 exported teams ?

Damn ... but @zlac and all other very skilled guys all around world PES modding community, no one can encrypt .bin PES2017 exported teams, making them .ted (maybe passing trought PC conversion/editing, then re-encrypt) ?

Files (.bin and .ted) seems identical, with same size (8 kb) from outside (except encryption code, of course) ...
:(

I thought i had figured it out. Looked up advanced instructions and put it on all out defense. So as soon as we lose the ball everyone runs back like hell.
It did work against the through balls, but now i have no offence!!!

Damn, i need to find me some balance here. Went down 1-0 so had to go more on attack.....and immediately the cpu started spamming the through ball.

Really hoping for a patch or some help in the tactics.

Back
Top Bottom