PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Glad you picked up on this too. The CPU ping pong, 100% accurate passing in superstar and Legend is so arcade like and unrealistic.

Cagliari played like Pep's Barcelona against my Inter side yesterday!! That's when I was like "OK, this really isn't much fun anymore."

I can take getting beat, it's why I play on high difficulty setting. But for the love of god, how is that realistic?!!!
Agreed. If my players were on bad form and I also didn't play well and fitness / energy levels came into it I would be fine with losing. Even losing the odd game here and there when my Team is in tip top shape.

What I don't like is for example I chose Real Madrid (boring I know).... Eibar played like they had the same front 3 as me!! Its crazy!

gerd, my issue was frustration with the game, not Adam's or Asim's "rejection" (if you mean that on a personal level). Adam doesn't reject me, he considers me a friend. He's asked me to help out throughout the years, and I happily obliged. But I'm frustrated after the many years of bugs not ironed out, good elements gone missing, new bugs creeping in, plus their new direction going after that arcade crowd, etc, while ignoring their older crowd that carried them through that PS360 era, in addition to being there from the start.

Yes, I kinda felt betrayed there. Probably a good number feel that way after sticking with them for so long, because the game always had the core done right, the fundamentals, even though graphics and presentation were't always the best. Also because after my past efforts to try make the game better were ignored, not because Adam wants to ignore, but because it was seen as my personal suggestions and opinions, when they clearly weren't and were backed up by the community (stuff like the feedback I collated from evo-web back then etc). I believe the devs in Japan wanted proof. They wanted to see numbers, maybe that's why they use surveys as proof of what the customers want. And that is also why Adam responded with something like we're just a drop in the ocean (paraphrased). The devs see the masses (survey) want faces and boots and whatever, and they think that's it. That frustrates me even more.

I always thought if they could pick a few people from each PES community to represent their communities, give ideas and test their games. But it looks like in this day and age, it's the youtube community that counts. Social media with kids having massive amounts of followers. Those are the ones they're after. Can't blame them when they're solely after the money. I just wish they weren't so one dimensional and also included us in that mix. Go after them all you want, but also keep something in there that satisfies your older gen. Keep the stats intact like they used to before. Give us more options and tools to shape the game how we want offline. I know we'll still complain because we have to do their work, but we'd rather have the tools than not, and possibly complain less ;)

Asim, on the other hand, is someone who I'll have a very hard time respecting after labeling a big and respectful PES community, in fact a pioneer in this community, as retards.

I hope this answers your post.

(I'm playing PES 2018 btw and enjoying my rubbish ML campaign as Reading in 17th place ;) And yes, I finally went from just having 1 point from many games to 4 points!)

Good post Lami and thanks for answering me, hope you understand that my first post was not a dig to you or to Chris Davies.
I sort of agree with you, but i also understand if evo-web would be ignored, even understand why Asim calls us "retards". Just read this thread at times and do you really don't understand why evo-web are considered as 'retards'?

Year after year this thread is a mess, a real mess...year after year people come here to troll and every year there are people who only repeat the same arguments over and over...

Of course there are lots of people with very interesting posts (on both sides, but if i'm honest perhaps even more on the side of the people who don't like PES). The problem is that those very well argumented opinions are drowning in a sea of vinegar and shit...

And even if you only read the good posts, what are Konami supposed to conclude?

There are not enough fouls.
transfer frequency in ML is wrong
There are not enough injuries.

These are perhaps the only complaints that everybody agrees about.

who is actually trolling in here though @gerd ?

All I notice is a lot of very fed up PES diehards who are annoyed that Konami keep serving up half baked, uncooked games year after year.

We gave Konami a lot of money and time over the years. We don't care about player faces, yellow boots or Messi's tattoo being correct. We want fouls, and penalty kicks. Is that too much to ask?

I fear that the series is done for us old PES heads. Its about myClub now. Its about classic players like Maradona and David Beckham. It's about Usain Bolt now. It's all guff.

@Moderator are we going to g
Good post Lami and thanks for answering me, hope you understand that my first post was not a dig to you or to Chris Davies.
I sort of agree with you, but i also understand if evo-web would be ignored, even understand why Asim calls us "retards". Just read this thread at times and do you really don't understand why evo-web are considered as 'retards'?

Year after year this thread is a mess, a real mess...year after year people come here to troll and every year there are people who only repeat the same arguments over and over...

Of course there are lots of people with very interesting posts (on both sides, but if i'm honest perhaps even more on the side of the people who don't like PES). The problem is that those very well argumented opinions are drowning in a sea of vinegar and shit...

+ Frequent backheel pass that is too accurate and powerful :D

who is actually trolling in here though @gerd ?

All I notice is a lot of very fed up PES diehards who are annoyed that Konami keep serving up half baked, uncooked games year after year.

We gave Konami a lot of money and time over the years. We don't care about player faces, yellow boots or Messi's tattoo being correct. We want fouls, and penalty kicks. Is that too much to ask?

I fear that the series is done for us old PES heads. Its about myClub now. Its about classic players like Maradona and David Beckham. It's about Usain Bolt now. It's all guff.

Your taking the piss,right.

Who was it who said in several posts, "Until then, it's the dark side for me". or "Think I am now done with PES 2018. So so near, but yet so far".

And here You are asking who the trolls are.

Your done with PES thread for the moment right,I would step back if I were You.

That's it close the thread and the site
generate.php

The worst thing is that they're really close (Konami)
At Times,this game plays like no other,then a game later it's back to not being able to strip the CPU of the ball,knowing that if you score 1-0,moments later it's 1-1.
Very confusing,and frustrating
But like I've stated (perhaps way to many times) I can't go back to 17-16-15 again
That's my biggest issue,being so close to having a perfect game,but yet,not being able to enjoy it fully

At Times,this game plays like no other,then a game later it's back to not being able to strip the CPU of the ball,knowing that if you score 1-0,moments later it's 1-1.
But like I've stated (perhaps way to many times) I can't go back to 17-16-15 again
That's my biggest issue,being so close to having a perfect game,but yet,not being able to enjoy it fully

Yep, pretty much the story of our lives. But we´re still here. I think we are way too much critic nowadays. Before, I woudn´t care about most issues. Now, I´m always noticing them. Like someone said here, we slhould learn to enjoy the good things.

I think the faults are now well defined.Pretty much widely across the net.
Konami already looking at fouls,though timescale is months.Hope they can at least make some tweaks for the better.
Rockstrongo, Your right that at times it plays like no other game,but that has been very true in previous versions,those amazing true PES moments where You just think WOW,usually a scramble in the penalty area,or a Yeboah type goal.

Your taking the piss,right.

Who was it who said in several posts, "Until then, it's the dark side for me". or "Think I am now done with PES 2018. So so near, but yet so far".

And here You are asking who the trolls are.

Your done with PES thread for the moment right,I would step back if I were You.
thats not fair Super Leeds. I love the game I just wish that the issues were fixed.

I am just angry right now mate, apologies if you think I'm spamming I am really not.

I think the best thing for me is to play Master League (only mode I love), superstar difficulty BUT on Classic Mode so I don't have the fear of getting sacked. Plus playing as a 'small' team like Brighton, so its realistic if I am losing a lot at beginning.

Again, sorry mate not here to troll.

Yep, pretty much the story of our lives. But we´re still here. I think we are way too much critic nowadays. Before, I woudn´t care about most issues. Now, I´m always noticing them. Like someone said here, we slhould learn to enjoy the good things.
Yes you're absolutely right.
I haven't really dug into my ML hard enough, remember being very frustrated with last year's pes,then I found the right balance and enjoyed it so much.
And the thing that bugs me right now is that I should get going with my ML much more,but still waiting for a DLC to have the correct kits, silly really
I know I will enjoy this game

You know what I am really loving is the goalmouth scrambles. I am seeing amazing panic clearances by the AI I have nerve seem before

Also lastnight my keeper got a low slow shot and slapped at it to just about palm it and had to do a second dive to smother from a barreling in Higuain.

It was magnificent and something I have never seen before. There is so much to be excites about if this was a damn demo!

Hopefully we a patch or 2 away from perfection

You know what I am really loving is the goalmouth scrambles. I am seeing amazing panic clearances by the AI I have nerve seem before

Also lastnight my keeper got a low slow shot and slapped at it to just about palm it and had to do a second dive to smother from a barreling in Higuain.

It was magnificent and something I have never seen before. There is so much to be excites about if this was a damn demo!

yeah the goal scrambles are so realistic.

I just played the 'other game' and I just can't get past how fast the damn thing plays. Ball pings around all the over the place.

Everytime I play it, I can't stop thinking about PES. So there's definitely something here which keeps me coming back.

I think I have football gaming OCD!!

agree with you 100% the game has serious potential to be a classic but the AI is too terrible to enjoy playing against the only hope is a gameplay patch thats been like never before from konami

problem is though the ML transfers according to Adam cannot be fixed its difficult to play a master league when you see teams like arsenal sell 9 players in the first window and start the season with only 3 defenders in the squad its broken and we are told sorry cant fix it well why not test it then before you release it? I find it amazing no one in their team tested ML looked at the transfers being made by the AI and went hold on a minute this is broken to fuck!

I think the faults are now well defined.Pretty much widely across the net.
Konami already looking at fouls,though timescale is months.Hope they can at least make some tweaks for the better.
Rockstrongo, Your right that at times it plays like no other game,but that has been very true in previous versions,those amazing true PES moments where You just think WOW,usually a scramble in the penalty area,or a Yeboah type goal.
The magic is still there Super,I mean my game Vs Udinese, midfield battle for 90 minute's,rainy pitch,won it on a shitty goal in the 80th minute.
Probably the best I've had for years
Tony only scored stunning goals,what a player.
Almost as classy as Brolin right:)

agree with you 100% the game has serious potential to be a classic but the AI is too terrible to enjoy playing against the only hope is a gameplay patch thats been like never before from konami

problem is though the ML transfers according to Adam cannot be fixed its difficult to play a master league when you see teams like arsenal sell 9 players in the first window and start the season with only 3 defenders in the squad its broken and we are told sorry cant fix it well why not test it then before you release it? I find it amazing no one in their team tested ML looked at the transfers being made by the AI and went hold on a minute this is broken to fuck!
Yupp,Ml transfers are very strange,I haven't really though of it before,cause I pretty much only care about my own transfers.
One thing I liked about 17 ML were the manager sackings in other clubs,that should still be on.
At the end of the day,I think I still play this game.
Having a hard time going back

lol,

on evenings I play like 2 or three matches and enjoy it and at daytime in the office I come in here and see quite a lot of negativity, which I don´t disagree with. At least not with most of it.

I haven´t started a ML yet, but reading that CPU plays kinda ugly in that mode is a bit scary.
If only it was the same as PES ML 2017, because that one I really enjoyed, even Watford played like Barca.

But signing a player...expecting him to fit in the team and after weeks you realize, he just doesn´t suit and you wanna get rid of him...and at the same time a player which you have in the team just to be a place/bench-holder, but everytime you let him play, he shines and playes successful, which you never expected...
...Or your fav players are injured for weeks and you kind of forgot to sign someone as backup and have important games in front of you....

This was in PES 2017 and if this is in PES 2018 ML as well, I´m really fine with it.

Though, like most of you, I also think this mode needs a strong revamp...we had so many features a few years ago, which had been taken for - I don´t know what reason.

That strange transfers, like star players to lower teams etc...has this been there in earlier releases or did you notice that in PES 2018 only? Sure, this is sloppy programmed and really bad...but it wouldn´t kill the whole game for me, I guess.

About Superstar: didn´t we realize that this difficulty is kind of "broken"?

I mostly start a ML with a 2nd division team on professional, playing full manual. Turning it up to Top player maximum when my team gets stronger.
That´s probably my sweet spot, so I never really feel the ugliness of Superstar...

Scoring scrappers,GK making fantastic plays,the things going on in the opponents box is beautiful.
I think I need to sit down and actually start setting my team up right before each game,haven't done that,use marking,look at the opponents game plan etc.
I've been way to casual,and I for one, as well,hope for a patch

lol,

on evenings I play like 2 or three matches and enjoy it and at daytime in the office I come in here and see quite a lot of negativity, which I don´t disagree with. At least not with most of it.

I haven´t started a ML yet, but reading that CPU plays kinda ugly in that mode is a bit scary.
If only it was the same as PES ML 2017, because that one I really enjoyed, even Watford played like Barca.

But signing a player...expecting him to fit in the team and after weeks you realize, he just doesn´t suit and you wanna get rid of him...and at the same time a player which you have in the team just to be a place/bench-holder, but everytime you let him play, he shines and playes successful, which you never expected...
...Or your fav players are injured for weeks and you kind of forgot to sign someone as backup and have important games in front of you....

This was in PES 2017 and if this is in PES 2018 ML as well, I´m really fine with it.

Though, like most of you, I also think this mode needs a strong revamp...we had so many features a few years ago, which had been taken for - I don´t know what reason.

That strange transfers, like star players to lower teams etc...has this been there in earlier releases or did you notice that in PES 2018 only? Sure, this is sloppy programmed and really bad...but it wouldn´t kill the whole game for me, I guess.

I mostly start a ML with a 2nd division team on professional, playing full manual. Turning it up to Top player maximum when my team gets stronger.
That´s probably my sweet spot, so I never really feel the ugliness of Superstar...

So you recommend Top Player? Anyone else here use that?

I will try it!

lol,

I never go past TP either,even if I had my first 5 seasons on 17 on that difficulty.
It's actually funny that (in my mind) that no matter which of the two football games you choose,it always,to me,plays best in a lower league.
No player id's, just solid and tough players to play against.
To go off topic real quick,had a three amazing seasons with FIFA 16 in L1 and the championship,as soon as I moved up to the PL,pretty unplayable,or at least not being able to enjoy it
Sorry for the off topic/comparisons
But I think the same applies here

I never go past TP either,even if I had my first 5 seasons on 17 on that difficulty.
It's actually funny that (in my mind) that no matter which of the two football games you choose,it always,to me,plays best in a lower league.
No player id's, just solid and tough players to play against.
To go off topic real quick,had a three amazing seasons with FIFA 16 in L1 and the championship,as soon as I moved up to the PL,pretty unplayable,or at least not being able to enjoy it
Sorry for the off topic/comparisons
But I think the same applies here
thanks Rocks, interesting. I remember I LOVED PES 2013 ML in Top Player.

I am going to start a Master League with Brighton, Top Player, Challenge Mode. Wish me luck.

thanks Rocks, interesting. I remember I LOVED PES 2013 ML in Top Player.

I am going to start a Master League with Brighton, Top Player, Challenge Mode. Wish me luck.
You're brave son,it's going to be tough;)
I'm looking at starting a new one in Serie B,or keep my Torino one going,tough one that,in 11th place after 12 games.
Good luck mate

I use professional, manual game speed -1. Im sucking. Last year the CPU would never score on this mode, lots of 0-0 games. Now they punish me. Im lyon and Im good in the euro cup and french cup but shit in the league. IM having fun and its addicting. I dont get all the hate in here. The bug chris davies showed is definitely not there in every game, against some teams it is there but at the end of the day, you cant really exploit it other then to waste time, or do the cut back, so maybe the dreaded cut back is back. The one thing i am going back to and I wish someone could explain to me, some of the really slick outside of the foot animations that were happening in the demo, NEVER happen. Is it skill based?
team spirit? If skill based then Im over the moon cause i think that is cool, if they removed it then, oh shit that sucks. Maybe someone who is playing ML with barca can tell me if this is in

So you recommend Top Player? Anyone else here use that?

I will try it!

I only can speak for myself. I like to play myclub challenges against COM. And there you have to beat the AI in kind of many difficulty levels.
One game was superstar and it felt so damn ugly....CPU was ping pong passing around and no matter what I did or how I defended, AI came through everything/everybody.
With a lot of luck I made it to a penalty shootout and won.

On ML I never pick superstar. Professional with a low team is totally right for me and really...It´s not that I win every game. Like I said, if I bought players and team strength and spirit is quite high and I realize I kind of dominate every match on professional, I switch to top player.

Just give it a go. I´d be interested in your thoughts.

I didn't take it as a dig :)

As for Asim, this is someone who holds the position of a community manager. It's his job to tolerate all kinds of people, young and old, from many different backgrounds. He should know what he's getting himself into. If he cannot tolerate that and labels an entire community as retards, then he isn't suitable for the job. That's completely unprofessional of him. Imagine if anyone of us says that at our jobs. We wouldn't last a second. Yet he's still there, and still going with his personal rants. They need someone who can respond properly to everyone and know when to ignore. If he somehow learns to become more tolerant, then I'd be ok.

Anyway though. Sorry for the off-topic. And back to my failure of a ML campaign I go.

Back
Top Bottom