PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I'm having a strong fw posting up just outside the box,either trying himself,or playing it to a open space when the mf arrives.
Think it's refreshing that the middle is hard to score from,as it should be

Scoring tons of scrappers in this one though,which also feels great compared to the last games

I agree rockstrongo,higher difficulty is better,there would be no challenge otherwise.

noticed how Bologna in my ML don't spam the high ball had them in the league and twice in the cup and they actually play the best of any CPU team so far

Atalanta were annoying they would be 12 yards from goal and try chip it up for each other looked weird and stupid frankly but otherwise been enjoying the challenge from the AI

noticed how Bologna in my ML don't spam the high ball had them in the league and twice in the cup and they actually play the best of any CPU team so far

Atalanta were annoying they would be 12 yards from goal and try chip it up for each other looked weird and stupid frankly but otherwise been enjoying the challenge from the AI

Will an option file with edited tactics help fix the situation?

I'm stil enjoying this game. Currently doing a world cup with the Netherlands (hey, it's the only way they are ever going to get there). Won the 1st game 4-1 against Ireland, was fairly easy. Currently playing on professional level and was thinking about moving up. Just 1 more game on professional and i lost 3-1 against Cameroun. Was down 3-0 after 20 mins already.

Managed to win 4-2 against Venezuela so made it to the knockout stage.

Only downside so far : games are starting to feel similar, and ALL the goals I conceded have come from through balls either over the wings or through the middle.

Really hope this can be changed by tactics or a patch.
Such a shame as at it's core it's a great game.

2 nights I have been going to bed late and hating myself in the morning lol

Enlighten me. What's "late" for you?.
I'm going to bed at 2am in the morning (wake up at 7.30 to be at work a 8 sharp). Are you going to sleep later than me?.

Please tell me I'm not alone. I feel such a guilt eversince PES 2018 came out.

no. nearly the same performance as offline (having "the online factor" on mind)!

If I choose level 4 or 5 on network connection restrictions. Than it's enjoyable to play online. But I had some games on myClub PES League(where you can't choose this option). And the experience was just horrible. I cant understand how they release a competitive mode like PES League and let me play against player where I can't even turn my player because of the horrendous connection.

Anyone find it very hard to score through the middle? It seems the ai defence turn super human when you approach their box, most shots blocked or my forward being dispossessed. And that's only on professional difficulty
I like that they block shots.
What helped me with 2018, and I think this is related: I try to press the shot button a little earlier than I was used to. I tend to forget about it and fall back into old pattern but I try. ^^
So first I start that burst move to get beside the opponent. To find that little gap next to him, where I can hammer the ball through. My player starts the sprint move and right after that I press shot. It's like a faster combo... R1 (dash) followed by Circle (shot).
I just try to be quicker. The result is more fluid transition from burst to shot wich is looking better too. PLUS I get a shot on target.

Keepers make worldies, but can't deal with a ball that's rolling towards them at 4mph without spilling it right to an attacker. It happened time and time again in the beta, and then the demo, now finally in the full retail version.

I mean Jesus, what is this? Flacid penis for fingers?

When it comes time to make a difficult save, the keepers are vastly improved, but they just can't handle the simple stuff. And no, he wasn't on a down arrow.
Lucky me I never had that.
What I did saw were keeper punching a slow ground ball to the side after a diving save. Looks ridiculous. I do such "audience pleasing" moves occasionally in one of Germany's low level amateur teams! :LMAO:

Last edited:
^ how do you perform at work with that little sleep
Quotes-By-Charles-Bukowski-%E2%80%94-9.jpg

I like that they block shots.
What helped me with 2018, and I think this is related: I try to press the shot button a little earlier than I was used to. I tend to forget about it and fall back into old pattern but I try. ^^
So first I start that burst move to get beside the opponent. To find that little gal next to him, where I can hammer the ball through. My player starts the sprint move and right after that I press shot. It's like a faster combo... R1 (dash) followed by Circle (shot).
I just try to be quicker. The result is more fluid transition from burst to shot wich is looking better too. PLUS I get a shot on target.

Lucky me I never had that.
What I did saw were keeper punching a slow ground ball to the side after a diving save. Looks ridiculous. I do such "audience pleasing" moves occasionally in one of Germany's low level amateur teams! :LMAO:

Yeh Pro too i was just thinking that earlier .. instead of sprinting and waiting to steady yourself for an obvious shot an early press of shoot as the sprint is happening could be effective and catch the keeper out.

Yeh Pro too i was just thinking that earlier .. instead of sprinting and waiting to steady yourself for an obvious shot an early press of shoot as the sprint is happening could be effective and catch the keeper out.
In the past, I used to sprint next to him and just when I arrived beside him I pressed shot. Now I try to initiate the shot when he's still doing the burst move. You got it. Please try it and give some feedback.

Enlighten me. What's "late" for you?.
I'm going to bed at 2am in the morning (wake up at 7.30 to be at work a 8 sharp). Are you going to sleep later than me?.

Please tell me I'm not alone. I feel such a guilt eversince PES 2018 came out.
Been going to bed 00h30 up at 05h30. No siestas for me either has made me a grumpy man by lunchtime :D

Back
Top Bottom