PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I found it's scripted heavily for the first two seasons and the a.i will try and relegate you. . .things change in season 3 and by season 4 you're flying and getting results.

How many seasons of ML have you played on pes 2018?

I'm on my fifth and I agree with you. Too bad all the big teams have sold their stars due to release clauses and are fielding poor teams!

By the way who are the teams winning trophies? Man utd have dominated on mine

I'm on my fifth and I agree with you. Too bad all the big teams have sold their stars due to release clauses and are fielding poor teams!

How tf are you on your fifth season of PES 2018 ML already?!

I don't know if I could play 2 or 3 seasons of getting my bum kicked. Top Player is a little too easy so Superstar is perfect for me BUT I will get sacked as Inter boss in challenge mode.

I may start a new ML in Classic mode, this way I can build a side without the stress of having to meet owner's demands in first few seasons.

Has anyone been fired yet? Does it actually happen?

And what does Challenge mode actually add, I can't tell the difference apart from having a target of finishing in knock out round of Europa League.

Whoa...
My Internet cut out yesterday. Couldn't even play PES!
I hate that Steam has control over the product I genuinely bought through the internet connection I genuinely pay for. Are we too dumb to let them do this to us or what?. My fucking internet went off and so I can't play the game I bought? What a fucking joke.

Anyways... back to the matter at hand. I'm sorry I missed all of this. I'm getting up to speed just now and it feels useless to be commenting on all of this just now.
I just want to thank Lami for taking so much time to test all this. Bravo mate.
And I also want to thank everyone else who took time out of their days to make such tests. I believe in each of you.

Unfortunately, be that as it may, it feels very differently when actually playing the game.
I've been complaining about the lack of difference between players speed since PES 2014. Those who read my posts know it. It's been my worst nightmare in Konami's games since they moved to Fox Engine. However, this year I actually feel that having a fast player matters (OUTSIDE of Master League, of course, which is a trap).

Like I told you guys yesterday, I stole the ball with Dembele (Barcelona) from one of Dortmund's defenders in the midfield and ran all the way through, outpacing everyone, and scored. Impossible to do that in past versions.

I was happy.
Not because I could outran everyone, but because it felt they've finally made catch-up bug gone.
It's not as noticeable as in PRE-PES 2014 versions, unfortunately. But at least, it's something.

Hopefully, one day, we'll get to a point in which every player sees his attributes very well represented and each of them have an actual impact on the game, without making the game unbalanced towards attacking nor defending, at least not in a cheap kind of way.

But until then... I'm happy with PES 2018 (outside of ML).

It's strange. In a game you definitely notice speed differences and having the ability to break away with such players.
Yet in training mode everyone runs the same pace on the ball.
I do not get it.
I know in past games similar speed tests were done and the outcome was the same as it was now.

It takes longer. When you first buy players in the ML they never seem to play at their best the first season, the second season you see their true skill and response. I think this happens to all of the team when you start the ML

I haven't bought any player!
Default ManCity squad. Team Spirit is very high. Yet the gameplay doesn't feel quite as what I experienced when playing 20+ exhibition matches or a full Champions League Mode. I've said this many times, I love this PES. It's got that something. But Master League make this PES feel like previous PES. I would describe that sensation as "it's a good game BUT...".

Worked on this last night. Decided I'm going to just set up the team as if they have more numbers back, and the ball is in the midfield. That's how most tactics board are set up, with the majority of players behind their halfway line. I think PES starts with way too much space from the get go. So I reduced it to the "limits" of their player roles. Basically Edit the lineup/position to the point the player role changes, but still maintaining the base positioning.

Let me know your thoughts. And yes, the spam long ball still happens, not sure that can be fixed without a patch.

I've tried that over the weekend, I don't really think it changes much.
But no matter what do we, tactically, we can't reduce the lofted through balls, the A.I. is always trying to exploit them, it sucks and combine this with how accurate their passing and shooting is... and there is the problem.

So far my biggest issues with the game are:
1. The A.I. needs to be more aggressive in defense, they are leaving too much space for the attackers to pass the ball around and run into space, because their is plenty of it.
2. The passing and shooting accuracy of the A.I. must reduced, or at least, its shouldn't be so instant(ping pong).
3. Because of how reluctant the A.I. is to tackle, there are less fouls in the game, the A.I. has to be more aggressive.
4. The referee's aren't properly detecting the collision system in the game, they have no idea what a clean/bad tackle's are.
5. The A.I. MUST STOP spamming lofted through balls, this FAKE SPACE that is being given to us, by the really inactive defensive A.I., really bugs me. The A.I. is constantly trying to exploit it, no matter what.

I haven't bought any player!
Default ManCity squad. Team Spirit is very high. Yet the gameplay doesn't feel quite as what I experienced when playing 20+ exhibition matches or a full Champions League Mode. I've said this many times, I love this PES. It's got that something. But Master League make this PES feel like previous PES. I would describe that sensation as "it's a good game BUT...".

I don't think it matters if you have bought anyone, you need to play for a season at least and then it starts to become more like the exhibition mode.

When I used to edit all of the players in the game to change the game play, it used to drive me mad that after perfecting it in exhibition, the game changes in ML. Stick with it, it will become more responsive

Just have to wonder who (if anyone) thoroughly tests the game prior to launch.

That´s what I asked myself for years. Even I really love that game and enjoy it, I can´t avoid being critic to the devs, because some stuff just looks way too sloppy and not being tested thoroughly or not at all.

Or the issue can also be the "training mode" which make every players the same stats for the purpose of training... I seriously don't know wtf is going on, but i seriously doubt about the stats having any impact in-game, i personnally sense them

I sense them too. Respect to Lami and floki...that´s really interesting - not to say disgusting - but the strange thing is, that I feel differences ingame. I never touched the training mode.
I love how Kroos feels on the ball, I love how Messi feels, how Modric feels and Bellerin and many more.

They all feel different. Oh and I have Ibrahimovic on myclub on loan. What a beast! This guy is frigging awesome to control!

Now if stats don´t matter and that is all placebo or my imagination...then be it!

I´m just happy I feel that way and I hope I won´t ever lose it.

Though I also asked myself many times: do all these stats really matter?

So no real issue for me, at least in Exhibition mode... That's physics.

Another thing about small players: they're much more versatile because of their stature/model, but they're made smaller steps. And the exact opposite for a tall player. A 185cm will be faster on a straight line than a small player, but when it cames to change direction or acceleration...
It's exactly the same in athletics sports, you'll rarely or never see 100m sprinter with 170cm.
Some player's looks "faster" but they're not that much in reality, only because they're making faster steps... But they're small.

This! Since I play myclub only I pulled Modric out of a black ball. With speed of 78 he´s not one of the fastest players but he feels very agile and fast. The fact that his height of 174 cm and explosive power of 82 might have an affect to it.
I really wish KONAMI did the math here with - what you mentioned - calculating stature, body measures.
But well....we all know KONAMI :P

Oh come one Lami. I didn't say speed. I don't know what to make of your amazing findings or what it means in the greater scheme of things. The findings don't seem right at all especially because you can feel the speed difference between the players when you play and according to your findings it's been this way all along. It sure as hell hasn't felt like every player has the same speed.

I have to second that. Faster players feel faster and I can get away with them off slower defenders by double tapping R1 (by the way...the timing of double tapping is important too).
I can only speak of ingame experiences though - as above said - I never touched training mode yet.

Strange...really.

Currently doing great in ML. Looks like I'm on my way to League One :FAIL:

Guess I'm lucky there isn't one.
:LOL:

What club you using Lami or do you use default ML players? I am too scared to use them. Always used to the old days (IIRC we had to use them?)

:LOL:

What club you using Lami or do you use default ML players? I am too scared to use them. Always used to the old days (IIRC we had to use them?)
Yea we had to use them until PES 6 or whatever version can't remember.

I'm in the championship playing as Reading sitting in 20th place with 1 glorious point ;)

Don't keep trying be a smartass Shez I told you twice that I don't have the game yet. . I was speaking in general about ML from my experience of past editions.

What club you using Lami or do you use default ML players? I am too scared to use them. Always used to the old days (IIRC we had to use them?)[/QUOTE]

This struck a chord with me, I use default ML players.
Why? Because I always play Leeds and if I have actual squad in, sentimentality gets in the way when some are continuously playing crap and I have to release or transfer them.I have a habit of trying to persevere with a player too long.

Sorry guys but ill continue the topic :P

@Lami you put too much work into this. Holy hell!

Btw im sure there are lot of difference between ball control, how certain players can turn, recover more quickly than others who need essentialy "longer" animations to perform such things. But even then if whats in the video is true that reduces the chances of one on ones, especially because i assume players are more faster without the ball. So Mertesacker can out run in theory Bolt whos with the ball?

Anyone find it very hard to score through the middle? It seems the ai defence turn super human when you approach their box, most shots blocked or my forward being dispossessed. And that's only on professional difficulty

Sorry guys but ill continue the topic :P

@Lami you put too much work into this. Holy hell!

Btw im sure there are lot of difference between ball control, how certain players can turn, recover more quickly than others who need essentialy "longer" animations to perform such things. But even then if whats in the video is true that reduces the chances of one on ones, especially because i assume players are more faster without the ball. So Mertesacker can out run in theory Bolt whos with the ball?

Please, take my post as serious as it gets. I´ve test it this morning, and in a match, stats do make a diference. Thing is, between most teams, stats are similar, so the diference is barely visible, but I´m sure we can all feel it when controling, passing or running with a better player, specially on those tight situations.

Keepers make worldies, but can't deal with a ball that's rolling towards them at 4mph without spilling it right to an attacker. It happened time and time again in the beta, and then the demo, now finally in the full retail version.

I mean Jesus, what is this? Flacid penis for fingers?

When it comes time to make a difficult save, the keepers are vastly improved, but they just can't handle the simple stuff. And no, he wasn't on a down arrow.

Anyone find it very hard to score through the middle? It seems the ai defence turn super human when you approach their box, most shots blocked or my forward being dispossessed. And that's only on professional difficulty

Me, that's why I cross a lot and cut in from the flanks with a winger a lot.Chances centrally outside the box are very infrequent.You can guarantee two centre backs are going to get into your feet pretty sharpish.

Me, that's why I cross a lot and cut in from the flanks with a winger a lot.Chances centrally outside the box are very infrequent.You can guarantee two centre backs are going to get into your feet pretty sharpish.
I'm having a strong fw posting up just outside the box,either trying himself,or playing it to a open space when the mf arrives.
Think it's refreshing that the middle is hard to score from,as it should be

Scoring tons of scrappers in this one though,which also feels great compared to the last games

I'm having a strong fw posting up just outside the box,either trying himself,or playing it to a open space when the mf arrives.
Think it's refreshing that the middle is hard to score from,as it should be

Scoring tons of scrappers in this one though,which also feels great compared to the last games

Your right Rock it should more difficult to score through the middle. . thats one thing they got right.

Your right Rock it should more difficult to score through the middle. . thats one thing they got right.
In 17 it was almost to tough,in this one still tough,but you wait for your Def to make a move then make your and create a yard or so.
Think it's really good,tough but doable,unless all players are axactly the same.....

Back
Top Bottom