PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Another thing that i found amazing. In PES 2018 anything can happen. I was playing a random select match and this happened. I tacked Rafinha with Kompany it was good tackle, but in the follow through. I had knocked Rafinha in the face with my hand, and the red gave a foul.

I complained because i thought it was a good tackle and he dove, then i looked at the replay and i saw caught with a hand. Was such a lovely moment

Just to clarify for a lot of people in regards to manual, it's NOT full manual, still has assistance, fkn getting tired of hearing manual is full manual and stats don't play a part that's BS.

You are right, there still is some assistance.. you can't say to me, tho, that the passing and the shooting of the last years are using stats the same decisive way it was years ago.

One can only admire the effort you put into this. You are true PES fan, as we all are. this is part of the problem.
The biggest fans are always the biggest critics.

Another verdict I have come to Pre and post post PES 6 is that, those days we used to look at the positives about PES and not the negatives, now we ignore the positives and only focus on the negatives. (trust me, pre PS3 days there were plenty negatives, despite how much we like to fable the past).

I went on a hike once with my dad, from the start i was complaining; about the steepness, the rocks, the sun, the heat, my shoes.
He said to me, why don't you just stop complaining, accept and enjoy the what you are doing, you'll be a happier person. I did and I was happier.

In life if we look for something we'll always find it, if you look for negatives you'll always find it in anything. Same goes for positives.

This is a forum, i have no right to tell people what to say and think, so I won't. But I will make a suggestion.

I see so much frustration on here and it makes me sad. If you accept the game for its fault and enjoy the good stuff, you'll all be happy. And that's what i want for all the people on this forum, people that i've been married to longer than my wife :-)

Ahah now this is a post Rocky! nailed it

One can only admire the effort you put into this. You are true PES fan, as we all are. this is part of the problem.

Another verdict I have come to Pre and post post PES 6 is that, those days we used to look at the positives about PES and not the negatives, now we ignore the positives and only focus on the negatives. (trust me, pre PS3 days there were plenty negatives, despite how much we like to fable the past).

I went on a hike once with my dad, from the start i was complaining; about the steepness, the rocks, the sun, the heat, my shoes.
He said to me, why don't you just stop complaining, accept and enjoy the what you are doing, you'll be a happier person. I did and I was happier.

In life if we look for something we'll always find it, if you look for negatives you'll always find it in anything. Same goes for positives.

This is a forum, i have no right to tell people what to say and think, so I won't. But I will make a suggestion.

I see so much frustration on here and it makes me sad. If you accept the game for its fault and enjoy the good stuff, you'll all be happy. And that's what i want for all the people on this forum, people that i've been married to longer than my wife :-)
Thanks for the post Rocky.

My effort wasn't really done to look for the negatives, just to put to bed all the back and forth hearsay. If my post can somehow help make PES better too, why not.

Lovely post and so true.

So after 3 hrs of testing dribble speed, from PES 5 all the way to PES 2018, here are the results. All on beginner difficulty, in exhibition mode, real teams and players. Running full length of the pitch.

PES 5 (Xbox)
C.Ronaldo - 13s~
G.Neville - 14s~

PES 6 (Xbox 360)
Saha - 14s~
G.Neville - 15s~

PES 2008 (Xbox 360)
C.Ronaldo - 14s~
Bardsley - 15s~

Winning Eleven 2009 (PS3)
From halfway line because the CPU wouldn't leave me alone, on beginner!
C.Ronaldo - 7s~
G.Neville - 8s~

PES 2010 (PS3)
Nani - 13s~
G.Neville - 14s~

PES 2011 (PS3)
Nani - 15s~
Dudgeon - 16s~

PES 2012 (PS3)
Nani - 14s~
Scholes - 15s~

PES 2013 (Xbox 360)
From the half way line again..
Nani - 8s~
Cleverly - 9s~

PES 2014 (Xbox 360)
Valencia (dribble speed 92) - 16s~
Varela (dribble speed 78) - 16s~
Vidic (dribble speed 72) - 16s~

Double tap run
Valencia - 15s~
Varela - 15s~
Vidic - 15s~

PES 2015 (PS4)
Switched to Chelsea because no more speedy United players.
M.Salah (drib speed 92) - 15s~
Fabregas (drib speed 74) - 15s~
Blackman (drib speed 58) - 15s~

Double tap run
M.Salah - 15s~
Fabregas - 15s~
Blackman - 15s~

PES 2016 (PS4)
Hazard - 14s~
Terry - 14s~

Double tap run
Hazard - 14s~
Terry - 14s~

PES 2017 (PS4)
Hazard - 15s~
Terry - 15s~
(15.3 vs 15.6, very minimal)

Double tap run
Hazard - 16s
Terry -17s

PES 2018 (PS4)
Back to United!
Rashford - 14s~
Fellaini - 14s~
(14.4 vs 14.9, minimal)

Double tap run
Rashford - 14.8s
Fellaini - 15.1
(Very minimal again)

So there you have it.

Conclusion
We have 2 periods to look at; pre 2014 and post 2014. Pre 2014 the difference in speeds between a very quick player (90s drib speed) and a slow one (70s drib speed) is between 1s - 1.5s. From PES 2014 onwards, hardly any difference. In fact, PES 14, 15 and 16 there were no differences. 2017 and 2018 have very minimal differences.

Verdict
Yes, pre PES 2014 stats mattered more than 2014 onwards. The difference in speeds has been reduced to how far the ball travels from the foot. So the quicker the player, the closer the ball would travel from the player, and the slower he is, obviously, the further away it goes.

And that, as they say, is that.

I hope we put this to rest now. Pass it on to @officialpes if you like.

So we figured out passing stat doesn't matter. And now dribble speed doesn't matter as well. The main question is, what stats truly matters? I am not talking about placebo. I am talking about factually.

Well that's the individuality discussion put to bed, the thing is why have stats in the first place? maybe they matter more in modes like master league so they can be manipulated aggressively. Just thinking out loud.

So stats are irrelevant but the player cards are whats driving the individuality?
Take Kante for instance, there's no better player in the game for winning/nicking the ball back and intercepting. He's just a beast, is this just an illusion, surely not?

Last year the first DLC came around one and a half month after the full release. Really hoping for it to be earlier this time around, the italians teams are hopelessly outdated kit- wise, other teams to I guess but I haven't looked around that much.

So stats are irrelevant but the player cards are whats driving the individuality?
Take Kante for instance, there's no better player in the game for winning/nicking the ball back and intercepting. He's just a beast, is this just an illusion, surely not?

I don't know whatever are cards effect or not. But I have your same impression, Kante for example is a beast, and when I have the ball in the feet of players like Dybala let's say, the feel is completely different than a random striker.

At this point I don't think we are getting out of this discussion with anything constructive tho, because while I don't believe this is the disaster some are making from it, some stats are indeed ineffective or really really not much noticeable (like passing and shoot precision), and individuality, while of course NOT absent to me, is indeed less marked than older games.

That said, to push the concept to the point that if you go to My Club with a bunch of 60 overall players, you'll have the same chances and opportunities of a guy who plays with Di Maria, Pogba and Dembele.. man I'll have to see it to believe it.. because that would be the scenario suggested when somebody says that "all players play the same".

Not all stats are irrelevant hopefully. Right now it's apparently dribbling speed and passing. Need a lot of testing to confirm what other stats does not work.

So after 3 hrs of testing dribble speed, from PES 5 all the way to PES 2018, here are the results. All on beginner difficulty, in exhibition mode, real teams and players. Running full length of the pitch.

PES 5 (Xbox)
C.Ronaldo - 13s~
G.Neville - 14s~

PES 6 (Xbox 360)
Saha - 14s~
G.Neville - 15s~

PES 2008 (Xbox 360)
C.Ronaldo - 14s~
Bardsley - 15s~

Winning Eleven 2009 (PS3)
From halfway line because the CPU wouldn't leave me alone, on beginner!
C.Ronaldo - 7s~
G.Neville - 8s~

PES 2010 (PS3)
Nani - 13s~
G.Neville - 14s~

PES 2011 (PS3)
Nani - 15s~
Dudgeon - 16s~

PES 2012 (PS3)
Nani - 14s~
Scholes - 15s~

PES 2013 (Xbox 360)
From the half way line again..
Nani - 8s~
Cleverly - 9s~

PES 2014 (Xbox 360)
Valencia (dribble speed 92) - 16s~
Varela (dribble speed 78) - 16s~
Vidic (dribble speed 72) - 16s~

Double tap run
Valencia - 15s~
Varela - 15s~
Vidic - 15s~

PES 2015 (PS4)
Switched to Chelsea because no more speedy United players.
M.Salah (drib speed 92) - 15s~
Fabregas (drib speed 74) - 15s~
Blackman (drib speed 58) - 15s~

Double tap run
M.Salah - 15s~
Fabregas - 15s~
Blackman - 15s~

PES 2016 (PS4)
Hazard - 14s~
Terry - 14s~

Double tap run
Hazard - 14s~
Terry - 14s~

PES 2017 (PS4)
Hazard - 15s~
Terry - 15s~
(15.3 vs 15.6, very minimal)

Double tap run
Hazard - 16s
Terry -17s

PES 2018 (PS4)
Back to United!
Rashford - 14s~
Fellaini - 14s~
(14.4 vs 14.9, minimal)

Double tap run
Rashford - 14.8s
Fellaini - 15.1
(Very minimal again)

So there you have it.

Conclusion
We have 2 periods to look at; pre 2014 and post 2014. Pre 2014 the difference in speeds between a very quick player (90s drib speed) and a slow one (70s drib speed) is between 1s - 1.5s. From PES 2014 onwards, hardly any difference. In fact, PES 14, 15 and 16 there were no differences. 2017 and 2018 have very minimal differences.

Verdict
Yes, pre PES 2014 stats mattered more than 2014 onwards. The difference in speeds has been reduced to how far the ball travels from the foot. So the quicker the player, the closer the ball would travel from the player, and the slower he is, obviously, the further away it goes.

And that, as they say, is that.

I hope we put this to rest now. Pass it on to @officialpes if you like.
for me you didn't have to show this, i play WE9LE and PES 5 and i see the statistics watered down today.

Passing stats impact.. we have at least 4 parameters..
1. The stats its self
2. Our analogue for direction
3. Pass button
4. Passing assistance setup

How do you want to make output if... and.. or.. and.. or.. then... lol

This game is absolutely superb UNTIL you play master league mode.

Not putting myself through this pain and misery any longer. It's painful. Team Spirit ruins it.

Going to try myclub.

Read on twitter that on challenge mode, the default chairman goal is 9th regardless of what club you use or whether you use ML default players or not

https://twitter.com/PESFX/status/910029368633806848

I can't bring myself to go over to the darkside and play MyClub!

Do you do the live update for the first time, at the point you load the teams when you select them in versus mode or in the edit section? Can you turn off doing live updates every time you go to play in settings?

Live update is activated in edit mode and would ruin your files if you turn it on after putting on option files. . .if you try play exhibition mode it will come on but when you press R3 it cancels it but it was only going to affect exhibition teams anyway I'm not sure about versus mode I'd say it's the same press R3 to cancel it.

Live update is activated in edit mode and would ruin your files if you turn it on after putting on option files. . .if you try play exhibition mode it will come on but when you press R3 it cancels it but it was only going to affect exhibition teams anyway I'm not sure about versus mode I'd say it's the same press R3 to cancel it.

Yeah, I did the R3 thing with last years updates. I haven't applied the live update in edit mode before importing the bundesliga. I think if I do and import them again and then hit r3 each time it will work

Cheers

Not sure why I expected Liverpool to be in the CL when I started a league this morning, they wouldn't have secured their place by the time this game was made ready for release. And then, even if by some miracle they had got that right by release, it would have been bullshit random CL groups anyway.
I am not even sure why I am posting this, it has always been this way for PES. But it seems like such a simple thing to get right, with minimal work needed, and they just never bother.

You are right, there still is some assistance.. you can't say to me, tho, that the passing and the shooting of the last years are using stats the same decisive way it was years ago.
To be honest, I'm noticing more of a difference this year than last year, especially first touch football, but then again I'm playing the Brasilian league haven't gone deep with other clubs yet apart from Liverpool, passing error is very obvious in Brazil league so far, shooting I honestly love cos long range screamers are very rare, and even when u do have a shot with Ibra or hulk, you don't always hit the sweet spot and they hit average but as u may have seen in lamis video when u do hit well, it looks great, but I'm still playing and starting to use other sides to see if it's consistent but so far I cant say anything really bad for passing and shooting.

Ok guys, update on the stats thing. I´m sorry for all the disbelievers and happy for all the others. Stats DO matter ok?
I just picked up PES team, put all the players with minimum pass stats, same as speed, finishing and kicking power. Then started a CL in SS dificulty. Now I understand the konami Logic and I must say, I actually like it. Stats have more impact on certain situations, such as pressure or harder situations if I make myself clear. I mean, let´s be honest, even the worse team can string passes all around if you let them.

My match was against Schalke and I totally felt the diference. My passing was acurate in my own half, but WAYYY slower and heavier. My players were way slower too, much worse reactions, and as soon as I got near the box, a little pressure from Schalke and I couldn´t make a simple pass on goal.

Then, to prove it once and for all, I edited all players, same stats, but this time 99 for everyone. I didn´t even finished the match because the diference was so obvious. Passes are way faster as and accurate, my players reacted way faster and Schalke couldn´t do anything. Shots were very powerfull and dangerous, I was streaming ping pong passes all over the place and started winning after 2 minutes of gameplay. Stoped right there. Try it yourselves. I don´t have the gear or the patience to record this to show you.
Stop the nonsence once and for all with lame tests that only prove that konami has a specific code behind all this. It makes things in a odd way, but they work in match.

To be honest, I'm noticing more of a difference this year than last year, especially first touch football, but then again I'm playing the Brasilian league haven't gone deep with other clubs yet apart from Liverpool, passing error is very obvious in Brazil league so far, shooting I honestly love cos long range screamers are very rare, and even when u do have a shot with Ibra or hulk, you don't always hit the sweet spot and they hit average but as u may have seen in lamis video when u do hit well, it looks great, but I'm still playing and starting to use other sides to see if it's consistent but so far I cant say anything really bad for passing and shooting.

Long distance shooting definitely needs a lot of things to go right before you hit goal from outside the box. You need the player to have the skills and be in the right position for the ball and no defenders in front of you or pressuring you. This is how PES used to be. You score less brilliant goals, but when you do, you enjoy them far more

I have noticed this year that you can pull off some amazing passes though, not all of the time, but some have never existed before in PES. Things like diagonal through balls or ones out to the wing that just make it past the defender and curve into the path of your player.

Last edited:
Long distance shooting definitely needs a lot of things to go right before you hit goal from outside the box. You need the player to have the skills and be in the right position for the ball no defenders in front of you or pressuring you. This is how PES used to be. You score less brilliant goals, but when you do, you enjoy them far more

I have noticed this year that you can pull off some amazing passes though, not all of the time, but some have never existed before in PES. Things like diagonal through balls or ones out to the wing that just make it past the defender and curve into the path of your player.

Totally agree with this. I haven't hit a single screamer in ML yet. I've hit the post/bar and seen some amazing fingertip saves but not a single long range goal.

Shooting still needs to be better but it's certainly not OP.

Ok guys, update on the stats thing. I´m sorry for all the disbelievers and happy for all the others. Stats DO matter ok?
I just picked up PES team, put all the players with minimum pass stats, same as speed, finishing and kicking power. Then started a CL in SS dificulty. Now I understand the konami Logic and I must say, I actually like it. Stats have more impact on certain situations, such as pressure or harder situations if I make myself clear. I mean, let´s be honest, even the worse team can string passes all around if you let them.

My match was against Schalke and I totally felt the diference. My passing was acurate in my own half, but WAYYY slower and heavier. My players were way slower too, much worse reactions, and as soon as I got near the box, a little pressure from Schalke and I couldn´t make a simple pass on goal.

Then, to prove it once and for all, I edited all players, same stats, but this time 99 for everyone. I didn´t even finished the match because the diference was so obvious. Passes are way faster as and accurate, my players reacted way faster and Schalke couldn´t do anything. Shots were very powerfull and dangerous, I was streaming ping pong passes all over the place and started winning after 2 minutes of gameplay. Stoped right there. Try it yourselves. I don´t have the gear or the patience to record this to show you.
Stop the nonsence once and for all with lame tests that only prove that konami has a specific code behind all this. It makes things in a odd way, but they work in match.

Thank God, some sense.

Fair enough. I'll try it more myself. If that's really how you say it is I can only be happier :). By the way, I've played more friendlies than anything until now, could be a factor as well.

So I went through 3 hours of testing to be told this?

Thanks man. At least I did my part.
Oh come one Lami. I didn't say speed. I don't know what to make of your amazing findings or what it means in the greater scheme of things. The findings don't seem right at all especially because you can feel the speed difference between the players when you play and according to your findings it's been this way all along. It sure as hell hasn't felt like every player has the same speed.

I am referring to the breaking news comment by flokiman who I honestly have never seen here before.

Stats only matter in determining the level of scripting for or against you. That's why it's easy to beat a team with 40 rated players when you use a team with 99 rated players. The point is that the gameplay is exactly the same whether you play with a 1 star team against a 1 star team or with a 5 star team against a 5 star team. There are only relative differences, no absolute ones.

Star players may indeed feel different to other players, but that's only due to them having been given special Player ID treatment. It's not due to the stats. Create a new player with the same stats as Messi and he won't feel like him at all.

Back
Top Bottom