PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I have currently too many things on my personal financial agenda going on, so buying the game has to wait some time... yet, I´m having so much fun on PES 2017 that I still don´t feel the urgency in buying the 2018 one... though I really loved the demo. But yeah, these forums help a little on my confusion... sometimes I think "f#$k it, I´m gonna buy this" and other times I change my mind.

My advice is to always buy it and find out for yourself, even if late after release because Konami need our support anyways.

Surprisingly you'll find out that I bought it despite being super negative, and Deco doesn't have it yet although he's been lecturing everyone in the last 3 pages. :)

I have currently too many things on my personal financial agenda going on, so buying the game has to wait some time... yet, I´m having so much fun on PES 2017 that I still don´t feel the urgency in buying the 2018 one... though I really loved the demo. But yeah, these forums help a little on my confusion... sometimes I think "f#$k it, I´m gonna buy this" and other times I change my mind.

The full game is better than the demo. ..I'm sure that you're intelligent enough to make up your own mind . .I would never rely on others opinions to sway me in my choice .. depress me probably but not sway me.

My advice is to always buy it and find out for yourself, even if late after release because Konami need our support anyways.

Surprisingly you'll find out that I bought it despite being super negative, and Deco doesn't have it yet although he's been lecturing everyone in the last 3 pages. :)

But I have played it and I don't lecture people . .where did I tell people to buy the game? I spoke about how to approach the game to get the most enjoyment.

Even if that stuff about dribbling on the ball is true - it's only one aspect of speed. I've suspected that dribbling speed is unaffected by the speed stat for a while, if you're just holding R1. Otherwise if you were controlling a fast player it would be harder to dribble in certain situations, where timing is more important than speed.

I've also suspected that people saying 'Bolt can't beat Terry for pace lolol' aren't using double tap R1, or aren't chasing through balls, or are expecting a standing start to beat somebody already running. Context is always the first thing out of the window in these situations.

If you actually want to test something, then test how fast you run when you ACTUALLY want to run as fast as you can - repeatedly tapping R1 on the ball, or running off the ball. If you're just holding R1 then you're not trying to get away from a defender. You're just bringing the ball forward at pace.

Last edited:
In 30 minutes, i will upload the video proof.
Then you can mock me.
Just to clarify: I like pes 2018, i bought it! But i noticed no difference between teams (regarding players) and so i tested.

Then you can mock me.
Just to clarify: I like pes 2018, i bought it! But i noticed no difference between teams (regarding players) and so i tested.

If you are right, why would we mock you man?.
On the contrary, I will support you and send the video to OfficialPES, Adam, Asim, Hosoda and everyone at Konami I can think of. The last thing I want is all players to have the same speed.

But still, I don't feel that when I play so it would be very odd to see.

Then you can mock me.
You can't prove to me that Messi feels the same as Gary Cahill?

It's important to adjudge it for yourself, easier said than done however.
It can get very easy to get bogged down reading endless debate of the semantics and technicalities of what is wrong with the game which overshadow the amount of good progression that has been made.
For most its a fun game of football whose gameplay is unrivaled, much better than last years and that's what I am happy about.
Keep the faith bro

The full game is better than the demo. ..I'm sure that you're intelligent enough to make up your own mind . .I would never rely on others opinions to sway me in my choice .. depress me probably but not sway me.

It's important to adjudge it for yourself, easier said than done however.
It can get very easy to get bogged down reading endless debate of the semantics and technicalities of what is wrong with the game which overshadow the amount of good progression that has been made.
For most its a fun game of football whose gameplay is unrivaled, much better than last years and that's what I am happy about.
Keep the faith bro

Well, tbh, my mind is set to buy it no matter what. It´s just a matter of time. I bought PES 2017 early and I regreat it after a while, and now I find it very adictive again. I loved this year´s demo, way more than last year´s. I know I won´t regreat it as much... I´m glad that I´m enjoying PES 2017 this much, it helps me ignore the fact that I can´t buy 2018 yet eheh.

Well, tbh, my mind is set to buy it no matter what. It´s just a matter of time. I bought PES 2017 early and I regreat it after a while, and now I find it very adictive again. I loved this year´s demo, way more than last year´s. I know I won´t regreat it as much... I´m glad that I´m enjoying PES 2017 this much, it helps me ignore the fact that I can´t buy 2018 yet eheh.

Aha you admit that you were a non believer of Pes 2017 but eventually liked it. . .honesty is the best policy xicpanad .. .where are you from buddy if you don't mind me asking?

Aha you admit that you were a non believer of Pes 2017 but eventually liked it. . .honesty is the best policy xicpanad .. .where are you from buddy if you don't mind me asking?

Ahah indeed. PES has always made part of my gamer life. I probably skiped 2014 and 2015 too much. I got them on PC and the experience was very frustrating.
Then came 2016, played a bit more, but 2017 was a big improvement imo. Then I saw the flaws, but I was also a bit tired of konami and all, so I was more inclined to the other game. Eventually I got tired, it became stall, so here I am, back to PES 2017 and boy, I´m I having fun!

By the way, I´m from Portugal, so you might see some wrong spelling here and there, if not worse lol.

Ahah indeed. PES has always made part of my gamer life. I probably skiped 2014 and 2015 too much. I got them on PC and the experience was very frustrating.
Then came 2016, played a bit more, but 2017 was a big improvement imo. Then I saw the flaws, but I was also a bit tired of konami and all, so I was more inclined to the other game. Eventually I got tired, it became stall, so here I am, back to PES 2017 and boy, I´m I having fun!

By the way, I´m from Portugal, so you might see some wrong spelling here and there, if not worse lol.

I've never met any Portugese people before. . you have good views on the game . .some of your posts are great.

Well thank you sir!!

Despite not playing much, I´ve followed your (and Rock´s) ML series whenever I can. Never get tired of those! Wish I could only have more time to play and edit to make my own series, but that´s asking too much already.

About that video flokiman, I´m more and more convinced that stats are cirscunstancial, they only help the match engine decide what´s going to happen in certain situations, like one on one´s, 50/50 balls, etc... That would be a weird way to program the game, but at the same time, clever. It helps to avoid the game getting too easy... then again, just a theory.

HERE IS THE VIDEO

finnaly someone posted video , this is what Konami have done with pes in last few years . I played pes5 today . Brazil vs soudi arabia. It was amazing to control players like Adriano or Ronaldinho. In pes 18 your GK can easliy replace Ibrahimovic or Lukaku and you will not see any difference .

Last edited:
True. Individuality is good this year, exept for shooting. Shooting is pretty much the same for every player. :TD:
I thought this at first but it's not true. The difference for me between Icardi striking the ball and my right back is huge. Shooting isn't perfect but it's much better than the demo.

H

ERE IS THE VIDEO
SLES-03321-B-ALL.jpg

1192725-pes_5_psp_cover.jpg

xbox_381.jpg

max1222775553-frontback-cover.jpg
tenor.gif

Probably i will come across as a jackass but I will post this in the data collection group/ community to Klaus and Thomas. I mean if the game is advertised as a stat based game and I spend hours to adjust stats too then...?

Probably everyone hates my gutts there by now :D
First posting about the wrongly set up attacking/defensive awerness for all the teams and now this.

Last edited:
I think since pes 2014, (new engine) stats had little impact on players. But this year...all players are the same.
And thats A SHAME.
I tried to compare players with 99 ovrl and 1 ovrl in PES 2011 and the difference is HUUGE!
Just for spinting the fast player is 5 seconds faster!
Konami HAS to short it out, at least next year.
If all players are the same, then myclub etc has no point of existence.

Back
Top Bottom