PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Oi, my Newcastle side are doing alright at the minute:

8cVLlWd.png

Hang on, that's the real Premier League table... Wouldn't happen in real life... Even though it IS happening in real life... Who do I speak to? Etc...
Ha ha,I get it bro
Nice to see them up there,have a nothing but love for the northern teams.
A foggy rainy game up north beats any glitzy "event" at the Emirates in my book,unless Fc Köln is in town

Ok, ML is impossible with a 'lesser' team. Will give this one last chance as a 'big' club.
Poor teams tend to have low team spirit, and with that being the case you've got to accept that the game is going to rough you up for a long time. (I experience suddenly terrible response times and I end up keeping possession to stop all my passes being intercepted - and I'd love that for realism, if I didn't end up having two shots a game if I'm lucky.)

It has a huge impact but I've got to confess that I'd rather it was like that, than imperceptible (because I love taking a smaller teams onto bigger things). If you can stick with it for long enough to get the TS around 70+, it becomes a lot nicer, same as last year. Though once it gets to 90+ then you have the opposite problem!

Poor teams tend to have low team spirit, and with that being the case you've got to accept that the game is going to rough you up for a long time. (I experience suddenly terrible response times and I end up keeping possession to stop all my passes being intercepted - and I'd love that for realism, if I didn't end up having two shots a game if I'm lucky.)

It has a huge impact but I've got to confess that I'd rather it was like that, than imperceptible (because I love taking a smaller teams onto bigger things). If you can stick with it for long enough to get the TS around 70+, it becomes a lot nicer, same as last year. Though once it gets to 90+ then you have the opposite problem!
Cheers Chris. Hmm decisions. Do I stick with my Premier League save OR start a Serie A save with Inter?!!

Do you all play challenge or Classic ML? I am in Challenge and nervous about getting sacked. Played 3 matches, lost two, drawn 1. Scored 0 :lol:

Cheers Chris. Hmm decisions. Do I stick with my Premier League save OR start a Serie A save with Inter?!!

Do you all play challenge or Classic ML? I am in Challenge and nervous about getting sacked. Played 3 matches, lost two, drawn 1. Scored 0 :lol:
You can change challenge/classic when ever you want,so on a shit run, maybe change to classic,it doesn't apply to players wanting buy out clause though
Playing with inter you'll have an easy task,I'm playing as Torino,TS 61 when I started,now I'm up to 75,had to change to a tactic that suit the team,not me.
That's a cool feature

Pretty pissed off with the game and regret spending 50quid on it.

Was 1-0 up in a game yesterday and decided to try and keep the ball to run the clock down. Quickly realised that if I just passed the ball between my back four, the CPU wouldn't send any players to close me down....not even after 30 game minutes of me doing this.

Played a game today where I had a goal kick and somehow ended up (don't ask how, my dog jumped up at my controller and caught the analogue just as I pressed pass) putting the ball in my own net. Was gutted until I noticed the goal didn't count and the computer just awarded themselves a corner.

Ridiculous issues aside, the game does have some lovely moments, but is just totally broken by the same lazy programming that's held Konami back for the last decade. Here's the main issues....

Keepers. They're improved no end. Some of the saving animations are brilliant. However, I'm routinely seeing my keeper dive and catch 30 yarder top corner thunderbolts, yet parry the tamest of tame headers....usually straight to the opposition striker. It's pathetic and totally game breaking.

The second major issues comes with how the CPU build play up and how the AI manipulates your player in order to create a chance. Typically the CPU will play 4 forward passes (one will be a back heel). Once the ball reaches their forward, he will play the ball back in to midfield before sprinting towards your goal to receive a ridiculously accurate through ball. Unfortunately, at this point, the AI automatically pulls your defender further out of position (he gets pulled forward) in order to create a big enough gap between your last defender and the striker. For what it's worth I also feel the CPU does this to itself when I play a through ball.

The third major issue is that attacking player movement is just utter crap. The amount of times I've had the opportunity to play someone in on goal but he's decided to just run the other way or inexplicably decline to run is just insane.

And finally, the overall game just lacks 'oomph' and crispness. Everything feels slightly floaty and sleepy and a little bit dopey. I can't quite put my finger on it but the game just feels like it's a big laggy or like it's being played under water. It's very bizarre.

Like I said earlier, it has some marvellous moments but the game breaking issues are all to frequent....once again.

The second major issues comes with how the CPU build play up and how the AI manipulates your player in order to create a chance. Typically the CPU will play 4 forward passes (one will be a back heel). Once the ball reaches their forward, he will play the ball back in to midfield before sprinting towards your goal to receive a ridiculously accurate through ball. Unfortunately, at this point, the AI automatically pulls your defender further out of position (he gets pulled forward) in order to create a big enough gap between your last defender and the striker. For what it's worth I also feel the CPU does this to itself when I play a through ball.

Yep, that issue was pretty apparent from the beta too. It's like there's some magnetic force you're trying to battle against in order to mark properly. I took full advantage of it because 1-2's were exceptionally overpowered but I felt exactly the same trouble when my opponent tried to do the same to me (obviously despite knowing it'd happen). You can't do much about it. The freedom isn't enough.

I have a question if someone could kindly help? How do I delete an option file and import a new one (PS4)? Or is this not possible??

Pretty pissed off with the game and regret spending 50quid on it.

Was 1-0 up in a game yesterday and decided to try and keep the ball to run the clock down. Quickly realised that if I just passed the ball between my back four, the CPU wouldn't send any players to close me down....not even after 30 game minutes of me doing this.

Played a game today where I had a goal kick and somehow ended up (don't ask how, my dog jumped up at my controller and caught the analogue just as I pressed pass) putting the ball in my own net. Was gutted until I noticed the goal didn't count and the computer just awarded themselves a corner.

Ridiculous issues aside, the game does have some lovely moments, but is just totally broken by the same lazy programming that's held Konami back for the last decade. Here's the main issues....

Keepers. They're improved no end. Some of the saving animations are brilliant. However, I'm routinely seeing my keeper dive and catch 30 yarder top corner thunderbolts, yet parry the tamest of tame headers....usually straight to the opposition striker. It's pathetic and totally game breaking.

The third major issue is that attacking player movement is just utter crap. The amount of times I've had the opportunity to play someone in on goal but he's decided to just run the other way or inexplicably decline to run is just insane.

And finally, the overall game just lacks 'oomph' and crispness. Everything feels slightly floaty and sleepy and a little bit dopey. I can't quite put my finger on it but the game just feels like it's a big laggy or like it's being played under water. It's very bizarre.

Like I said earlier, it has some marvellous moments but the game breaking issues are all to frequent....once again.

The AI knew that your dog jumped up and put you off and decided that a goal wouldn't have been fair. .fantastic awareness and fair play from AI. Konami are renowned for releasing secret patches during the year even though some people don't believe it but the gameplay suddenly inexplicably improves . . don't give up on early impressions.

Is it worth it?

I know it's asking to much but could someone post here the links to the existent option files? If possible the link to the description of the content.

Go over to the Pesgaming site and have a look at Christianos file he gives a description of how to install it and the content.

I have a question if someone could kindly help? How do I delete an option file and import a new one (PS4)? Or is this not possible??
Delete all images in game then go into saved data on PS4 settings and delete only the edit data for PES 2018 and nothing else. Game should be clean for a fresh install.
You can leave an old file on and install a new one but they stack i believe and take up valuable image slots.

Delete all images in game then go into saved data on PS4 settings and delete only the edit data for PES 2018 and nothing else. Game should be clean fir a fresh install.
You can leave an old file on and install a new one but they stack i believe ad take up valuable image slots.

You just beat me to it. ..silver medal for me.

The AI knew that your dog jumped up and put you off and decided that a goal wouldn't have been fair. .fantastic awareness and fair play from AI. Konami are renowned for releasing secret patches during the year even though some people don't believe it but the gameplay suddenly inexplicably improves . . don't give up on early impressions.

Hope they do patch the gameplay, the main problem is the AI and player selection. If they improve that the game will be so much better, we'll see what Konami do.

To be fair to konami it is not just them. It seems to be a widespread industry issue in modern games, release it with issues and patch it later.

this game feels a little bland when using English teams. But when using Serie A side at official stadium? Feels great!!

A season or two with Inter for me. Wish me luck!

Guys... prepare for the ULTIMATE DISAPPOINTMENT
I made 2 custom players. One with all attributes 99 and one with all attributes 40.
I tested them on free training in certain things.
Running speed
Tested running from one corner flag to the opossite. They did EXACTLY the same time! 14.5 secs!
Shooting
Tested different kinds of shooting, long, near, strong weak. NO DIFFERENCE in speed, trajectory.
Dribbling
Tested in turning, changing directions, stoping the ball, when dribbling or running. AGAIN NO DIFFERENCE.

Test for yourselves...
This destroys the whole point of MLO and everything, when messi is exactly the same as the worst asian player.
Stats are just placeholders!

I made 2 custom players. One with all attributes 99 and one with all attributes 40.
Running speed
Tested running from one corner flag to the opossite. They did EXACTLY the same time! 14.5 secs!
Shooting
Tested different kinds of shooting, long, near, strong weak. NO DIFFERENCE in speed, trajectory.
Dribbling
Tested in turning, changing directions, stoping the ball, when dribbling or running. AGAIN NO DIFFERENCE.

Test for yourselves...
This destroys the whole point of MLO and everything, when messi is exactly the same as the worst asian player.

I'll say nothing.

Running speed
Shooting
Dribbling

Test for yourselves...

Yeah well that's completely unsurprising.

Incidentally, on PES 1 back on the PS2 I made a player with really good stats for everything except shooting. He was fucking awful at it and I still remember the elation when after about 20 games he actually managed to score.

Stuff like that was fun.

Running speed
Shooting
Dribbling

Test for yourselves...

I did the same thing last year ....... but some guys still think there is individuality in game ;) 22 clones .

Before you laughing at me, try in free training to run with terstegen and messi, try to dribble with each of them, and then shoot. And tell me what you see.
Could you please record two videos and put them one on top of the other show what you just said about players speed?

Would love to send it to Adam and Konami. And of course, I would love to see it myself first.

Im not that good in video capture/edit.
Test for youself please.
Exactly 22 clones!
I loved pes 2018 i bought it, and now i discovered this.

Back
Top Bottom