PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I did the same thing last year ....... but some guys still think there is individuality in game ;) 22 clones .

Champions League Game.
Dortmund had the ball on the midfield with one of their CB, Dembele (Barcelona, me) stole the ball and ran from the midfield to Dortmund's box, nobody was able to catch up with him and he scored.

I recorded the video. If you want I will upload it.

This was IMPOSSIBLE in PES 2016, 2015, 2014. Literally impossible.

Im not that good in video capture/edit.
Test for youself please.
Exactly 22 clones!
I loved pes 2018 i bought it, and now i discovered this.

Sorry, I won't do it.
I haven't experienced this myself.
Messi feels unbelievably realistic. As I've never felt before in any other football game.
And so does Iniesta. But I couldn't feel that way with Casemiro. He felt heavy.

So if you don't want to present some sort of evidence, that's alright. I won't call you a lier.
But I can keep thinking the way I think, because I haven't been proven wrong.
And you certainly can't go to Konami with such claims without any fundamental evidence to back it up or else they will just laugh at you.

I did the same thing last year ....... but some guys still think there is individuality in game ;) 22 clones .

TBF on both games there is individuality in the top players because they were done on purpose, For example Coutinho, Neymar, Messi feel good. But the others are just clones as you said.

As for the test mentioned this has been present in the last 2 versions as well, Looks very silly.

Heading is pathetic as well, I've been challenged to show a strong header but I'm still unable to do it!

TBF on both games there is individuality in the top players because they were done on purpose, For example Coutinho, Neymar, Messi feel good. But the others are just clones as you said.

As for the test mentioned this has been present in the last 2 versions as well, Looks very silly.

Heading is pathetic as well, I've been challenged to show a strong header but I'm still unable to do it!
I really like heading in PES, it excels in this department for me.

Think the main thing in this game that's annoying me is the constant one touch passes and back heels, makes you feel like your constantly just chasing shadows all over the pitch. Probably just me getting used to a new game but I pretty much just spent 70 minutes chasing Liverpool round the pitch as Man Utd as they passed it amongst themselves in my own half.

Think the main thing in this game that's annoying me is the constant one touch passes and back heels, makes you feel like your constantly just chasing shadows all over the pitch. Probably just me getting used to a new game but I pretty much just spent 70 minutes chasing Liverpool round the pitch as Man Utd as they passed it amongst themselves in my own half.
One thing,and it might be placebo,but I've played both Inter and Milan my last two ML games,daytime and shitty weather,both these have been very good,not chasing them
I think in the 80th minute Milan had 79% and me 77 in passing.
My games always play better in shitty weather

Yup.
Back heels are annoying as fuck.

I want to quickly pass it from Busquets to Pique because I'm under heavy pressure.
In real life, Busquets would either turn around and pass it, or use the outside of the foot and kind of push the ball backwards, and slightly towards his right, which is where Pique would be, to make the ball get to him.

In PES, he simply back-heels it. Like there's no risk in the world doing that all the time.
It's kind of strange because most of the animations in PES 2018 are so brilliant. It actually amazed me how many new animations they managed to implement this year. I don't even know if I've seen them all already.

But this back heel passing is ridiculous. I hope they can patch it.
I mean if they really play their own game, like they manifest, I'm sure it must be bothering them too.

I think that stats are relative to whom your playing against, probably only activates on one in one situations. The overal best player will win most of those situations. Just my theory. Running side by side is not such a situation where stats will show their influence on the game.

I have said a couple of times now that strong headers are in the game , No I am not going to make a video to satisfy anyone but do suggest again that practice makes perfect.Timing has to be spot on for a powerful header.The player heading needs to have the right attributes in that department too.

I know what I have done & seen.

Could you please record two videos and put them one on top of the other show what you just said about players speed?

Would love to send it to Adam and Konami. And of course, I would love to see it myself first.

It's easy to try it yourself, I just did it in training mode. Ran with the ball with Ronaldo from one end to another, then did the same thing with Navas the Goalkeeper. Both players took around 15 seconds on gamespeed zero.
Not sure if it is different during a match but you'd think it would be the same.

The game like last years will play out the way that you approach it. ..look at it like a blank canvas. .you are the one who is painting the picture. ...it's up to you to curl a ball. . . put power into a shot or header. .pass long or short . ..crowd the midfield and play tika taka. . go wide raid the wings. . it's your choice . . yes there is scripting to stop you .. fight it don't rely on an assisted button to do it for you . .create your own play (robbing new orders lyrics there) . . imagination can translate into great gameplay. . watch videos of other people playing and pick up tips. . I do that a lot .. try make the game look and feel like a real match. A lot of the guys on here do it.

So many conflicting posts in here...

Its really confusing. I want to get it but aint sure wether to or not.

It is still a fun game, I keep finding niggling issues the more I play it yet I still keep playing it. Have you tried the demo?
I've found it more enjoyable picking an average team and playing on Top Player, finding Superstar a bit too frustrating at the moment though I'm sure others on here are better then me and probably find Superstar too easy.

The game like last years will play out the way that you approach it. ..look at it like a blank canvas. .you are the one who is painting the picture. ...it's up to you to curl a ball. . . put power into a shot or header. .pass long or short . ..crowd the midfield and play tika taka. . go wide raid the wings. . it's your choice . . yes there is scripting to stop you .. fight it don't rely on an assisted button to do it for you . .create your own play (robbing new orders lyrics there) . . imagination can translate into great gameplay. . watch videos of other people playing and pick up tips. . I do that a lot .. try make the game look and feel like a real match. A lot of the guys on here do it.

Which version are you playing now?

I have the pc and ps4 but I heard the xbox is different

Which version are you playing now?

I have the pc and ps4 but I heard the xbox is different

I played it on a mates ps4 in his gaff the other day and enjoyed it .. it is a difficult game to master but I experienced the potential that the game has. . I should have it at the end of the week and will join the rest of the guys on here. .I know nothing of pc or xbox play sorry.

I played it on a mates ps4 in his gaff the other day and enjoyed it .. it is a difficult game to master but I experienced the potential that the game has. . I should have it at the end of the week and will join the rest of the guys on here. .I know nothing of pc or xbox play sorry.
My first question today was actually just that one.
Since players who had both PS4 and Xbox said the Xbox version was so much better.
Shouldn't be the case in a full release

It is still a fun game, I keep finding niggling issues the more I play it yet I still keep playing it. Have you tried the demo?
I've found it more enjoyable picking an average team and playing on Top Player, finding Superstar a bit too frustrating at the moment though I'm sure others on here are better then me and probably find Superstar too easy.

Play whichever level that you are comfortable with there's no pressure on anybody to play superstar or the higher one.

Cristiano's option file and premier league teams playing against each other in the Estadio Campeones at day time looks amazing

I played Tottenham v West ham with Tottenham in their away shirt on ps4 pro and the game looked better any football game I have seen

It's a pity more of the stadiums don't have darker green turfs like the one in this stadium.

Warning! listen up if you have ears to hear:

It's easy to try it yourself, I just did it in training mode. Ran with the ball with Ronaldo from one end to another, then did the same thing with Navas the Goalkeeper. Both players took around 15 seconds on gamespeed zero.
Not sure if it is different during a match but you'd think it would be the same.

I edited Cristiano Ronaldo. Set high shot power to 99, then set the shot speed to 99, then set the passing power to 99.
Then went into training mode and kicked the ball with Ronaldo really high a couple of times. Until one time, I kicked the ball and it never went back down! It never touched the pitch again. ULTIMATE DISAPPOINTMENT!
It probably landed on the moon.
I should have used GeForce Ansel to try to take a screenshot of the moon with the ball on it. But I don't know how to do that.

It's easy to try it yourself.

Cristiano's option file and premier league teams playing against each other in the Estadio Campeones at day time looks amazing

I played Tottenham v West ham with Tottenham in their away shirt on ps4 pro and the game looked better any football game I have seen

It's a pity more of the stadiums don't have darker green turfs like the one in this stadium.

Cristiano's files are great I've used them before .. .I also used the Italian Pes site for Serie B before and their detail was fab even included young players not in other option files.

I have currently too many things on my personal financial agenda going on, so buying the game has to wait some time... yet, I´m having so much fun on PES 2017 that I still don´t feel the urgency in buying the 2018 one... though I really loved the demo. But yeah, these forums help a little on my confusion... sometimes I think "f#$k it, I´m gonna buy this" and other times I change my mind.

Fix the damn servers Konami! I bought a football game, don't want to be playing hockey! Why is this a problem year after year for the first few weeks???

Back
Top Bottom