PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Not sure if its been spoken about, but Adam made a comment regarding the silly ML transfers
Is it me or is he being way more direct in answers to this kind of stuff now? First the fouls thing (acknowledging it as a common complaint that might get patched) and now this. Whether you like the responses or not, it's great to see.

But how can that not be patched though?
There are knock-on implications - if all the player values are too closely related at the moment, then quickly tweaking something so that you need to bid £200m to get Neymar will mean you have to bid £150m to get Jonjo Shelvey.

I'm GUESSING they'd need to implement something that ties OVR or the growth-chart more closely to their "accepted transfer value". That's not a patch job, that's a Master League overhaul job.

It was like this last year too - I just think people are a lot more sensitive/unforgiving about it now because of the fees we've seen this window.

Is it me or is he being way more direct in answers to this kind of stuff now? First the fouls thing (acknowledging it as a common complaint that might get patched) and now this. Whether you like the responses or not, it's great to see.

There are knock-on implications - if all the player values are too closely related at the moment, then quickly tweaking something so that you need to bid £200m to get Neymar will mean you have to bid £150m to get Jonjo Shelvey.

I'm GUESSING they'd need to implement something that ties OVR or the growth-chart more closely to their "accepted transfer value". That's not a patch job, that's a Master League overhaul job.

It was like this last year too - I just think people are a lot more sensitive/unforgiving about it now because of the fees we've seen this window.
In that case I guess they could at least lower the transfer frequency so we see a lot less of this madness.

Konami are mentioning these problematic topics and acknowledging them,This is very encouraging indeed and I'm sure they will be aware that not addressing this stuff at least in the next two years will hurt them because people will pick up on their tweets.

Last edited:
Funny thing about ML . . I honestly never encountered a regen in an opposing side or are they only there for the user?

I have, when i got sacked by Bari, they brought in 16 year old 78 rated Totti to lead their front line!

I think the new minimum fee release clause feature might be affecting it. if the clause is relatively low, any team with a half decent budget can afford the best players.

For me there are several things they could do to prevent this sort of thing without even fixing it directly. one could be by disabling transfers in the opening window (or providing an option to do that like in FM) or again, by having options like the old days to adjust the transfer frequency and difficulty before starting a ML.

if they wanted to fix it and enhance the mode they could always have a 'team reputation' stat in the database, let's say a scale of 1-10, and a player that is a first team player at a reputation 10 team would never leave to join a reputation 6-7 team etc. but a player that is not playing may well do this. (they already have chances of signing for the user in ML so why should this not affect the CPU controlled teams?)

man next time I am between jobs I am going to create a massive ML dossier and send it off to Konami

https://twitter.com/adam_bhatti/status/889931308792762368
I remember this and I thought that meant a much better transfer mechanics this year(eg good players or players with potential will not be easy to buy/leave)
Remembered this as well. He says it's harder to sign as the players not for the COM though I am guessing. Surely surely surely he would have picked up the crazy stuff when he had the early access. Tbh I haven't even tried the mode yet so I am going on what is being said here.

This game's soundtrack is somehow even worse than last years. There's only 13 songs and they're already unbelievably repetitive and the game hasn't even been out for a week. I know we can just use Spotify on PS4 or edit the music on PC but it's honestly such a minor thing that if you address it alleviates a frustration that people are already pretty vocal about on Twitter / Reddit.

FIFA 18 has 41 songs - either don't try and sign the license for a big name song / artist and instead use slightly smaller artists that also have brilliant songs or go back to the old PS2 era of music and the electronic rock from Konami's own employees!

I'm enjoying the game, I like what happens on the pitch (obviously some flaws) but the rest of the game just feels lazy. Presentation, leagues, fixtures etc. No trophies in celebrations, managers by the pitch looking nothing like the one you created in ML mode.

They didn't change the fixture order for teams for the fourth game in a row. I have started every season against Stoke when I play as Chelsea since PES15. Man Utd always start against Arsenal. Something as simple as just changing up the running order for fixtures would be such a blessing.
The soundtrack in games are always horrible,or is it me who has horrible taste in music?
But I'm glad that they don't go down Ea's way,especially on NHL,where they've censored good songs
Remember "The boys are back" with Dropkick Murphy's,and "broken bones" by Anti Flag.
One American guy explained it to me that they had to do it because of some PG 13 thing,nevermind the fights in the game do.

It's funny, because I started a ML with Newcastle on challenge mode yesterday and managed to sign Dembele from Barcelona.

At the same time I struggled to take players like Zaha. The logic behind how it all works just doesn't make sense in relation to the real world (which is ultimately all we want from the transfer system).

One other thing I noticed is that making an offer for a player seemingly automatically generates interest from other clubs. So if I failed to sign a player (which would usually happen because of challenge mode), you will find that they end up at another club within a matter of weeks.

One other thing I noticed is that making an offer for a player seemingly automatically generates interest from other clubs. So if I failed to sign a player (which would usually happen because of challenge mode), you will find that they end up at another club within a matter of weeks.
Ooh this is genius, maybe doing this will convince Liverpool to buy some defenders.

Probably not though.

One of those "other clubs interested" you see on the transfer offers screen, right? I don't really see the purpose of them - they never win the player first, or outbid you, or drive the price up. It is just a list of clubs. who they'll end up going to instead of you when you trigger them into it by placing a bid (as you say).

Speaking of which... You can bid on a player, receive a counter-offer and then leave the negotiation "open" for as long as you like, during which time the player won't move elsewhere. They're "locked" until you respond. Or at least, that's been my experience from the last few games.

In my current ML season, I placed bids on five free agents, and they all came back ready to sign - but I couldn't afford all their wages. So I spent weeks trying to offload my players, and during that time, they just sat there waiting for me to press the accept/reject button.

One of those "other clubs interested" you see on the transfer offers screen, right? I don't really see the purpose of them - they never win the player first, or outbid you, or drive the price up. It is just a list of clubs. who they'll end up going to instead of you when you trigger them into it by placing a bid (as you say).

Speaking of which... You can bid on a player, receive a counter-offer and then leave the negotiation "open" for as long as you like, during which time the player won't move elsewhere. They're "locked" until you respond. Or at least, that's been my experience from the last few games.

In my current ML season, I placed bids on five free agents, and they all came back ready to sign - but I couldn't afford all their wages. So I spent weeks trying to offload my players, and during that time, they just sat there waiting for me to press the accept/reject button.
so you "lock" all the players you dont want to go to another club!? :LMAO:
read some ML impressions and it seems it needs some work! :Y1

So as usual i've bought the game, like i do every year regardless, so here's my opinion after a solid few days play.

Pros:
Love the fluidity of the passing and the midfield, lovely transitions
Graphics vastly improved, looks nice
Like the camera options and the player models, much better
Goalkeepers are slightly improved
Pitch grass is fixed

So on booting it up, the first thing that i'm taken with is that finally grass is green and not the washed out dull affair last year. I spent most of my matches last year playing with Stadium Orion at night as it looked normal. The player models are more athletic and the kits look much better. They've added a few new stadiums which is nice including a South American one that has a sunset look which is cool. The passing and movement in midfield and in general is lovely. Really fluid. I love passing it around it's so satisfying. That coupled with the camera options and you can get a lovely broadcast view. keepers are slightly improved over last year but not by much. They do spill the ball sometimes but for me a lot of the palming away animations make the ball physics to hard and straight. Compared to say Fifa demo where you get a lot more bobbles and spin from keeper saves.

Cons
The cpu plays like barcelona, too much one time passing and far too accurate
Too many back heel flicks, very annoying
Shooting still not varied enough for my tastes
Headers seem weak, or is it just me?
Whereas midfield feels transitional and organic, around the box feels a bit rigid
Crossing is still a tad overpowered
Lots of missing licences
Replay camera is still shocking!! For the last 4 years!
Commentary is worse than last year

But annoyances continue. I don't know what it is, but the CPU forces you to play in a particular way. I only like offline and i mainly play exhibition, but around the box on 0 assist passing its very hard to try something new as the CPU seems to anticipate these moves. I can get over that but what i'm finding hard to accept, and it wasnt as bad as last years, is the ping pong accurate one touch passing from the A.I, its ridiculous. They pull the same moves constantly, with backheels and flicks galore, even if you are playing very average sides. Shooting is still a bit overpowered and the variation isnt quite there. You get a feeling theres plenty of 'hidden' animations that you ardly ever see because the variation isnt enough. i saw a video of a keeper kicking the ball away in a goal scramble but ive never seen that.

Another annoyance is heading. You fire in a cross and you do powderpuff headers. Why? This results in strange action sequences where your powderpuff header makes the keeper flop and parry the ball. the header is so slow and soft the keeper should catch it. but it must be because they've underpowered the header and it really should be faster which makes the keeper look odd.

And lastly the patterns of play from the cpu. Everything is a lofted ball to the wing or a pass backheel flick, rinse, repeat. It wasnt like that last year as much but is this year. I hope they fix this as it spoils the immersion.

Does the game still record the way you play and adapt the A.I because that might be a problem.

I tried to negotiate with an already signed player, extending his contract,and after getting the years wanted and salary negotiation,he promted on a buy out clause,which was non negotiable,what he could accept were a span between 25-45 millions,not any higher,I pushed,and I can't resign him now.
Refused 10 + contract negotiations
So all isn't completely bonkers.
Bellotti a 83 ovr

I tried to negotiate with an already signed player, extending his contract,and after getting the years wanted and salary negotiation,he promted on a buy out clause,which was non negotiable,what he could accept were a span between 25-45 millions,not any higher,I pushed,and I can't resign him now.
Refused 10 + contract negotiations
So all isn't completely bonkers.
Bellotti a 83 ovr
They are stubborn once they say no, the bastards... I had Morata lined up for Newcastle but when trying to get his wage down, that was it. Then, trying again, the price doubles. (I learnt quickly that anything less than 83% on that overall chance-of-signing line at the top of the offer and you're taking a risk...)

I think the new minimum fee release clause feature might be affecting it. if the clause is relatively low, any team with a half decent budget can afford the best players.

For me there are several things they could do to prevent this sort of thing without even fixing it directly. one could be by disabling transfers in the opening window (or providing an option to do that like in FM) or again, by having options like the old days to adjust the transfer frequency and difficulty before starting a ML.

if they wanted to fix it and enhance the mode they could always have a 'team reputation' stat in the database, let's say a scale of 1-10, and a player that is a first team player at a reputation 10 team would never leave to join a reputation 6-7 team etc. but a player that is not playing may well do this. (they already have chances of signing for the user in ML so why should this not affect the CPU controlled teams?)

man next time I am between jobs I am going to create a massive ML dossier and send it off to Konami

Fully agree.. if it is not the case now pes production team should notice this..

why is it that every year when the new games come out the servers are jacked up and the players feel like they're ice skating and in some cases non responsive or slow to respond? Then after a few weeks something happens and the game flows well? Right now, OFFLINE plays way smoother and more responsive than online. Online feels sluggish, and the players feel like they're running in mud or sand.

The fact that Burnley, Crystal Palace, Sunderland, etc plays like Barcelona/Real Madrid is a game breaker for me. Can't get into the game.

i played one star teams from french league 2 vs man city or psg and believe me , one star team plays like Barcelona in pes 2018. Tiki taka all of the time. Perfect passes ,perfect timing . It wasn't very different in pes 17. Passing stats doesnt matter . Reviews are very possitive(WTF?) at the moment and i don't think Konami will change anything next year.

Last edited:
They are stubborn once they say no, the bastards... I had Morata lined up for Newcastle but when trying to get his wage down, that was it. Then, trying again, the price doubles.

I learnt quickly that anything less than 83% on that overall chance-of-signing line at the top of the offer and you're taking a risk...
I think that's the right number,never go under 85 either
But if you'd got Morata to Newcastle,then the game would actually have been officially broken mate :)
Love Rafa,but....you know.
Ruomor has it that Morata watched "Geordie Shore" and went running for the train back to London

But if you'd got Morata to Newcastle,then the game would actually have been officially broken mate :)
Love Rafa,but....you know.
Oi, my Newcastle side are doing alright at the minute:

8cVLlWd.png

Hang on, that's the real Premier League table... Wouldn't happen in real life... Even though it IS happening in real life... Who do I speak to? Etc...

Back
Top Bottom