PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

So highlighting a couple of problems with the game and saying it's unplayable or broken is fine is it? I must go over to the Fifa thread and throw up a bit of evidence of why it's unplayable for me. .I'd say I would be welcomed with open arms and thanked for my brilliant observations and invited back anytime I feel like contributing in such a helpful and constructive manner. . .do you see now how it looks sometimes? Nobody is against a balanced forum just be fuckin honest in what your motives are . .. that includes everybody.

I agree, of course. Comments like "PES is horse bollocks this year lolololoool" or whatever that last one was (and similar posts) clearly doesn't serve any purpose. But they're easy to spot and equally easy to ignore, in my opinion.

I agree, of course. Comments like "PES is horse bollocks this year lolololoool" or whatever that last one was (and similar posts) clearly doesn't serve any purpose. But they're easy to spot and equally easy to ignore, in my opinion.
Nor are they encouraged, and nor do PES's critics think they're somehow valuable posts. They're universally ignored. I'd hope people would realise this from how childish those posts are.

A bit offtopic, why couldn't they score a goal? And when was this?
Crystal Palace tried to change their entire style of football after appointing Frank de Boer as manager over the summer. It didn't go well, they didn't score in his 4 games in charge, lost all 4 and he was sacked. This was pretty much a week ago!

I'm really afraid that we'll end up throwing the baby with the bathwater this time. What I mean is that this game surely has problems, but they are more on the tactic side than anything.. even the lack of foul things can be fixed since last year the game was just fine in this aspect.

But the "structure", the "heart" of the game to me is wonderful, and if Konami will just COMPLETELY change direction of the whole game, as they are NOT unknown to do like in the past, basing herself on this army of people saying this game is the worst and unplayable thing ever.. well, I feel I'd be so disappointed. I already love the game despite his flaws, but what I also think is that in a couple of editions with this game base and the right tweaks, Pes could really become something incredible..

Crystal Palace tried to change their entire style of football after appointing Frank de Boer as manager over the summer. It didn't go well, they didn't score in his 4 games in charge, lost all 4 and he was sacked. This was pretty much a week ago!
It's a good thing that Swansea had faith in that system,what 5-7 years ago,and decided to start playing short passes,and had better stats than Barca for a few seasons
They're shit now,but bold move then.

I made a tool which picks the difficulty of a match in ML based on the team overall rating difference, team spirit difference and league position difference. And honestly, I am interested and immersed into ML again. Got hammered by Man Utd and Chelsea 5-0 and 6-0 on Legend difficulty but ended up snatching a win against Burnley and Newcastle 2-1 and 3-1 where the difficulty was Top Player. I am using Bournemouth and loving the game. The passing completion is perfect. Man Utd and Chelsea had 85-90% passing completion whereas Burnley and Newcastle had 70-75 completion. I am tweaking the tool to have a bit more randomized effect. Also, it's based on cheat engine adjustment so you don't see what the difficulty the tool chose so it has a surprise element. If you guys want, I can share it but I think it just bugs me.

Edit: Also if someone have the cheat engine address/pointers for the team rating overall and team spirit, that would be great. So you don't have to manually type it and the tool gets the info real time and adjust the difficulty per match.

ML game 7
Me Torino,vs Milan
Check the ref,this is between the 76-80th minute
Pressure and free kicks
I actually think that one of the key reasons for the lack of fouls on the stat screen at the end of a game is largely down to the amount of advantages played in PES. I played Newcastle yesterday and there was a passage of play where I had 3 advantages which would have all been fouls.

I'm really afraid that we'll end up throwing the baby with the bathwater this time. What I mean is that this game surely has problems, but they are more on the tactic side than anything.. even the lack of foul things can be fixed since last year the game was just fine in this aspect.

But the "structure", the "heart" of the game to me is wonderful, and if Konami will just COMPLETELY change direction of the whole game, as they are NOT unknown to do like in the past, basing herself on this army of people saying this game is the worst and unplayable thing ever.. well, I feel I'd be so disappointed. I already love the game despite his flaws, but what I also think is that in a couple of editions with this game base and the right tweaks, Pes could really become something incredible..
Very good point/post.

Also, it's based on cheat engine adjustment so you don't see what the difficulty the tool chose so it has a surprise element. If you guys want, I can share it but I think it just bugs me.
Please do!

It's a good thing that Swansea had faith in that system,what 5-7 years ago,and decided to start playing short passes,and had better stats than Barca for a few seasons
They're shit now,but bold move then.
Brendan Rodgers gets a lot of stick for his last season at Liverpool but he did an incredible job at Swansea - played some great football and had really good results against sides a lot better than them. They were promoted and pretty quickly became an established Premier League side, fallen away more now but yeah, they really did stick it out when it wasn't working initially.

I actually think that one of the key reasons for the lack of fouls on the stat screen at the end of a game is largely down to the amount of advantages played in PES. I played Newcastle yesterday and there was a passage of play where I had 3 advantages which would have all been fouls.
Agree mate,one thing needed fixing is also the length of the advantage
But I get how easy it is to produce a stat screen,and say "no fouls look...lololololo"
Easiest trick in the book

I made a tool which picks the difficulty of a match in ML based on the team overall rating difference, team spirit difference and league position difference. And honestly, I am interested and immersed into ML again. Got hammered by Man Utd and Chelsea 5-0 and 6-0 on Legend difficulty but ended up snatching a win against Burnley and Newcastle 2-1 and 3-1 where the difficulty was Top Player. I am using Bournemouth and loving the game. The passing completion is perfect. Man Utd and Chelsea had 85-90% passing completion whereas Burnley and Newcastle had 70-75 completion. I am tweaking the tool to have a bit more randomized effect. Also, it's based on cheat engine adjustment so you don't see what the difficulty the tool chose so it has a surprise element. If you guys want, I can share it but I think it just bugs me.

Edit: Also if someone have the cheat engine address/pointers for the team rating overall and team spirit, that would be great. So you don't have to manually type it and the tool gets the info real time and adjust the difficulty per match.
I'd definitely be keen to see that! I do something similar with adjusting difficulty settings depending on who I play against.

Deco, man. It's the same over there. (But with less people posting - because this is a PES site first and foremost - and with a few "disenchanted" people slipping over there almost as a protest vote to PES - it doesn't fill up with criticism quite so quickly. But it's the same.)

In short - we all hate every football game ever. :D
Chris I went into it the other day and some guy made a slight against the Fifa demo and they ganged up on him and made it clear that they won't tolerate it. . ..Imagine the scenario that I painted there of me going in there with videos finding faults. ..I'd be banned immediately .. . .everybody can criticise in here if they want but expect to be challenged when it's bordering on trolling.

Brendan Rodgers gets a lot of stick for his last season at Liverpool but he did an incredible job at Swansea - played some great football and had really good results against sides a lot better than them. They were promoted and pretty quickly became an established Premier League side, fallen away more now but yeah, they really did stick it out when it wasn't working initially.
Yeah I think they actually had no choice,being on the edge of the football league,no cash etc.
Admire them for it,think Southampton went the same way

Agree mate,one thing needed fixing is also the length of the advantage
But I get how easy it is to produce a stat screen,and say "no fouls look...lololololo"
Easiest trick in the book
Yup, should have mentioned that it was your video that made me think of it seeing 3 fouls back to back and all advantages played. But yeah, the default is to assume there's been no fouls all game but there's been 4 or 5 advantages played on both sides and to then go 'lololol no foul game again, well done Konami'.

I'd definitely be keen to see that! I do something similar with adjusting difficulty settings depending on who I play against.

Alright, let me figure out how to get info such as team standing position, team overall rating and team spirit automatically so that it's more user friendly and you can keep the tool running on the background.

Sounds awesome! Would love for you to share it!

Alright, let me figure out how to get info such as team standing position, team overall rating and team spirit automatically so that it's more user friendly and you can keep the tool running on the background.
Yeah, that'd be really useful and I'm sure others here would probably love to use it too. For now I have an excel sheet which I just update and generates the difficulty based off the formula. (i.e team position = [ .. ] then difficulty = )

Yup, should have mentioned that it was your video that made me think of it seeing 3 fouls back to back and all advantages played. But yeah, the default is to assume there's been no fouls all game but there's been 4 or 5 advantages played on both sides and to then go 'lololol no foul game again, well done Konami'.
Exactly pal
And when you play the game,and see it in almost every game,you start to wonder if you've lost it going in here reading the usual shit poster.
Imagine doing that over at the cult forum (FIFA)

This seems fair, I was thinking about all the little niggly issues that irk me gameplay-wise and I think it would be fair to say that all of them are because of the tactical settings overriding any independent thought or player individuality. I do wonder if the whole tactical system needs a complete revamp to fix these things or if Konami are happy just attempting to make tweaks in fear of destroying the good gameplay they've got going on in general.

Yeah, that'd be really useful and I'm sure others here would probably love to use it too. For now I have an excel sheet which I just update and generates the difficulty based off the formula. (i.e team position = [ .. ] then difficulty = )

Which one do you think should have the biggest weight on difficulty? For now, I am using team overall rating first(which I think is based on player playing on correct position and ability) then league position and finally team spirit. I get good result but it feels like every bad teams was easy to beat. So I gave a 10% RNG chance for one of the bad/lower rated team to show up(have higher difficulty).

Very good post!

You know, I totally loved the base of PES 2014 even it had too many flaws which made it unplayable for most of the users.
That´s been very sad but after like 6 months of fixes and patches it was a good game.

Then I got hyped with PES 2015 and expected a better 2014...with all those negatives ironed out.

But then it felt like totally different game to me which I skipped, along with 2016 as I was so disappointed that KONAMI didn´t keep the base.

Would be a shame if that happened again...

Which one do you think should have the biggest weight on difficulty? For now, I am using team overall rating first(which I think is based on player playing on correct position and ability) then league position and finally team spirit. I get good result but it feels like every bad teams was easy to beat. So I gave a 10% RNG chance for one of the bad/lower rated team to show up(have higher difficulty).
Yeah, I think the overall rating has to be based on players in correct position and their ability in those. I tend to update team ratings every 6 months in the season (so start of the season and then after January transfer window) and then have the league position added after that (could be a good team just going through a rough patch). I don't actually take team spirit into account currently but definitely worth considering.

The RNG modifier seems like a good addition too, I haven't got something like that currently but could actually be a nice thing to throw into the mix. I assigned numerical values to all the difficulties and then based off the formula for team rating & position it would generate a number that sat between a value and gave me the suggested difficulty. Having a randomly harder difficulty thrown in would be great though - do you set an absolute minimum? I have it currently that nothing can go below Professional.

Chris I went into it the other day and some guy made a slight against the Fifa demo and they ganged up on him and made it clear that they won't tolerate it. . ..Imagine the scenario that I painted there of me going in there with videos finding faults. ..I'd be banned immediately .. . .everybody can criticise in here if they want but expect to be challenged when it's bordering on trolling.
Why on earth would be ban someone for posting a video critique of FIFA? I really can't understand where that's coming from. Do you think we're being funded by EA or something? Help me out here! (I'm not being sarcastic, I just don't get it!)

The post you're referring to (as far as I can tell) is Shez saying that "all players are the same" (I quoted it to you earlier). Yes, people responded to that. But I'd expect the same in here, and if it wasn't expressed or responded to in a childish, trollish, insulting manner, then it's part of an open discussion. It wasn't deleted, it wasn't buried. It was challenged, and opinions are challenged here too!

Imagine doing that over at the cult forum (FIFA)
:BLINK: I really don't get this! Again, if there are specific posts you think we're missing that deserve our attention, please use the report button!

Last edited:
Please use the report button!
Am I doing this right?
JeuQbZ3.png

I've hd some wonderful deep, intense, rewarding matches against the AI. Shooting on manual is vareid and lovely. I find this a gem of a game. The only, only issue i see is lack of fouls.

setting compactness to 2 bars, sorts out the wide through ball issue for me.

One thing I'd like to have answered @Topaz is this
I'm playing a ML right now,a test run
1 I'm having a created player in it
2 I have done some editing to 1 player
The question is,they are taken so much harder than anyone else,as son as you get the ball around the box,they double you direct.
Tackled much harder than ayonone else

Is it because they are created/edited,or is it because they have an ovr above a certain point?
83 for the created 82 for the edited one.
None being tackled in my previous video posting though,correction once.

Back
Top Bottom