PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Getting games that just unbelievable,same time getting games that are strange,but the games that are unbelievable,are just unbelievable.
A rainy grey day,low pace.
I'm loving it.
Prefer the cloudy/rain games in daylight,never lets you down.
Up and down
When it's good it's none better for me,when it's bad,it's bad,but I rather play this than go backwards

Scored these 2 beauties thanks to Ibra :D

I know shots can be overpowered, but this one felt so right and perfectly placed. Right how and where I wanted it.

Veeery noooice mate!. You liking the game, makes me like it even more.
Love how the turf look. Can you remember which Stadium was that?
Oh and your Brightness/Contrast settings?.

Veeery noooice mate!. You liking the game, makes me like it even more.
Love how the turf look. Can you remember which Stadium was that?
Oh and your Brightness/Contrast settings?.
Lol. Don't really remember the Stadium. But I play all my EPL games in cloudy with rain weather.

For my TV I had to change Contrast to 53. Brightness stayed on 50.

Getting games that just unbelievable,same time getting games that are strange,but the games that are unbelievable,are just unbelievable.
I'm loving it.
Up and down
When it's good it's none better for me,when it's bad,it's bad,but I rather play this than go backwards

Me too!
I fired the game up around 8PM yesterday. When I got home from work.
Updated the game. Live update and all. Then decided to start a Champions League with Barcelona (up until that point I had been only playing friendlies trying different teams, for the past days since the game came out).

Disclaimer: I chose Barcelona because I just love how playing with Messi feels. I know it sounds like a teenager who's looks up to CR7 because of his haircuts and celebrations. But really I've never felt controlling Messi so realistic in any other game. It really feels like it's hime on the ball. I've wanted that since Messi started being Messi for the world and no game has ever come close.

20 minutes matches. Top Player. PA1. Basic Shooting. Speed on default.
Like I said, I started playing at 8pm. Only stopped to eat some food one hour after that.

Went to bed at 3am. And you know what? I went to bed because I fucking had to get up for work 5 hours later! Otherwise I would have stayed up all night, because I was fucking enjoying the hell out of it. I'm completely in love with PES 2018. It's the football game I ever wanted. It's like fucking Adam Bhatti got into my mind last year and knew exactly what I wanted to be improved from PES 2017.

Like I said in previous posts - Of course I would pay extra to get more fouls (many more), and better cameras (specially that Live Broadcast without Close-Cuts). And I obviously would want to get better player positioninght. But damn, only 3 little points for me. I can overlook these points when I'm having so much fun.
Plus I know we weill get a Camera mod for PC sooner rather than later. And more fouls are probably being fixed on a later patch. So.... what more can I ask for ON the pitch?. Nothing. I fucking love PES 2018-

Excuse the cuss words.

Last edited:
Lol. Don't really remember the Stadium. But I play all my EPL games in cloudy with rain weather.

For my TV I had to change Contrast to 53. Brightness stayed on 50.

Don't you have that option within PES 2018 menu, on consoles, like we do on PC?.

Me too!
I fired the game up around 8PM yesterday. When I got home from work.
Updated the game. Live update and all. Then decided to start a Champions League with Barcelona (up until that point I had been only playing friendlies trying different times, for the past days since the game came out).

20 minuts matches. Top Player. PA1. Basic Shooting. Speed on default.
Like I said, I started playing at 8pm. Only stopped to eat some foot one hour after that.

Went to bed at 3am. And you know what? I went to bed because I fucking had to get up for work 5 hours later! Otherwise I would have stayed up all night, because I was fucking enjoying the hell out of it. I'm completely in love with PES 2018. It's the football game I ever wanted. It's like fucking Adam Bhatti got into my mind last year and knew exactly what I wanted to be improved from PES 2017.

Like I said in previous posts - Of course I would pay extra to get more fouls (many more), and better cameras (specially that Live Broadcast without Close-Cuts). And I obviously would want to get better player positioninght. But damn, only 3 little points for me. I can overlook these points when I'm having so much fun.
Plus I know we weill get a Camera mod for PC sooner rather than later. And more fouls are probably being fixed on a later patch. So.... what more can I ask for ON the pitch?. Nothing. I fucking love PES 2018-

Excuse the cuss words.
Same here,had a few dodgy games yesterday,but 90 percent of the games have been the best,most enjoyable since back to God knows when.
More fouls,a little less pass percent on the CPU,and it's solid gold.

Same here,had a few dodgy games yesterday,but 90 percent of the games have been the best,most enjoyable since back to God knows when.
More fouls,a little less pass percent on the CPU,and it's solid gold.

I've seen the CPU misplace many passes. I remember thinking "what the hell where the guys on Evo-Web talking about?". Since I never got to try the Beta nor the Demo because I'm on PC (had to wait for the full game release to actually play it). All I could do was read all of you.

And one of the constant complaints was the passing accuracy. Which is something that I'm yet to experience. Might be the way I play. I don't know. But I will take a few screenshots when I play it again.

And yeah we do
I've seen the CPU misplace many passes. I remember thinking "what the hell where the guys on Evo-Web talking about?". Since I never got to try the Beta nor the Demo because I'm on PC (had to wait for the full game release to actually play it). All I could do was read all of you.

And one of the constant complaints was the passing accuracy. Which is something that I'm yet to experience. Might be the way I play. I don't know. But I will take a few screenshots when I play it again.
Some teams are tough,having a high pass %,last game I had,Vs a Serie B side,they had 78%
And yes,they miss place passes,the toughest part of this game is defending,but that's up to you as a player to sort out,I'm getting the hang of it,and it's really rewarding,you have to be a step ahead,put pressure,switch player,cover run

Can we trade our game?

For those who had issues with FB's not tracking back properly. Here's a workaround:

Result:

Thanks Matt just wanted to ask is there any chance of you discovering a way of getting the AI to be more creative in attack and not spamming chip balls?

so switching team and help them to set up an advanced instruction work?
since I have tried, before I switched, the ai didn't use any advanced instruction(no blue or red color)
then I switched and set them with one attack and one defense advanced instruction
after that I switched back my team and continued playing against ai
however I still found that ai didn't use any advanced instruction(no blue or red color)

I'm sure its right in front of me but where do you go to change commentary language?

I'm loving it.
Up and down

Right now the downer games for me a fairly few and far between and almost feel like a result needs to be ground out. I don't mind that tbh. If they start becoming more frequent I may begin to want to smash my controller.

Finally finished football now an evening of PES ahead.

Thanks Matt just wanted to ask is there any chance of you discovering a way of getting the AI to be more creative in attack and not spamming chip balls?

Working on it, the importance is getting more resistance, and this workaround allows that. I think raising defensive line height helps as well. Using "defensive" as an advanced instruction instead of DMF as well. It's getting there. The FB > SMF is a good start.

It's great to see everyone upping their approach to this game . .it makes you think instead of rushing down the old avenues. . . a few tweaks and this will defo be the best we've had .. . embrace it lads.. .if we all sit back and pick out bad points we will never enjoy it.

Right, i've had a long binge with Master League now and I still insist that the game is beautiful. So much fun to play and couldn't put it down.

The problem is though, i'm tired of Master League already. The lack of a realistic career is just killing it for me. I'll still get pulled back in (actually, I don't think i'm out yet), probably by starting a ML with a much lesser team.

In the meantime, here are some treats from today.

Any idea how to use pace to actually beat a man? I keep isolating Martial against a full back rated in the 60s for speed but for some reason can't beat him in a simple foot race.

I'm ok generally beating a man by manipulating the left stick but surely there is a way where you can also rely on pace. I'm all for creating a more technically challenging game but it's ridiculous if John Terry can keep up with Theo Walcott

Right, i've had a long binge with Master League now and I still insist that the game is beautiful. So much fun to play and couldn't put it down.

The problem is though, i'm tired of Master League already. The lack of a realistic career is just killing it for me. I'll still get pulled back in (actually, I don't think i'm out yet), probably by starting a ML with a much lesser team.

In the meantime, here are some treats from today.

Beautiful goals Woodzy.. . .the whole idea of Ml is to build an ordinary team up to a decent level over a few seasons. . .winning everything in a season or two defeats the purpose.

alright then. i must have missed it late last night when i was browsing the edit mode...! ;)

so all transfers are done and perfect!? any mistakes or something odd or all good?!

last night i was visiting the training mode for the first time. tmw, when i'm off work, ill use this mode to get used to the new dribbling and set pieces. pratice makes perfection, right!?

Christinos OF will be updated sunday/monday. just in case someone miss the BETA file, i reuploaded the file again: http://www.fastshare.org/download/DFL_OF_2017_V2.zip

Has anyone tried to install this and got a message that 'no team data is available'

Right now the downer games for me a fairly few and far between and almost feel like a result needs to be ground out. I don't mind that tbh. If they start becoming more frequent I may begin to want to smash my controller.

Finally finished football now an evening of PES ahead.
When my TS went from 63 to 71,my game became amazing again

You are way way more critic towards the game than it deserves, talking about gameplay.

There are issues in every game, but the most complained things are not so game breaking as you make it sound.

Well, there is one element that is really flawed, fouls, but they are going to fix those.

Free runs on the flanks are there, but that doesn't mean the game is broken because of it, simply because playing at reasonable difficulty levels (Top player,Superstar and Legend) it's very difficult to score with an unrealistic frequency. I would call it gamebreaking when you just had to go to the flanks, cross, header, goal. Thankfully crosses are not so OP anymore.

CPU players doing backheels: i have seen them, but they are nowhere near as frequent as some of you say. I would say the CPU in Pes 2018 is more human even at highest levels.

I also read that stats don't matter. Well, that's just not true. In Pes 2018 you can feel if a player is faster or a slower dribbler, if he has a great header scorer, if he has a good kicking power or not. Especially, the kicking power is the most obvious improvement. In Pes 2017 whenever i made a shot that seemed like a rocket with a player that had like 70 or so rating i felt depressed. In Pes 2018, while shots variety is still not there, power is much better represented, and feels realistic. Besides, not every shot now is a rocket straight to the goal. There are shots with more dipping, shots that are very powerful and some shots that are just not poweful enough. Again, not so much variety as in Fifa, but it's an improvement.

This game is a great evolution to Pes 2017, a big evolution, and with few tweaks coming from fouls being actually called for me it will be the best it has ever been in gameplay department.

Talking about Master League, that's a whole different matter, offline modes are not good, mainly Master League didn't receive the attention it deserves. Adam said that some issues like Liverpool playing in Europa League will be fixed soon, but that doesn't fix the fact that the entire mode feels old, stale, and nothing like a Career mode should be in 2017.

I keep playing Pes because of the gameplay and i really feel they improved a lot this year, so much that i will try to play ML a little more trying to enjoy the matches and not being bothered too much by other unrealistic elements in ML.
Even in its current state ML is the only offline mode than can give me a sense of achievement, can't really feel that with BAL or League or Cup.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom