PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Switched to full manual now and due to that I've dropped difficulty to regular. Need to get used to this first. So far stats look good and the games neither easy nor hectic. Just good enough.

DJ1SbxgVAAA9rcp

Going to start ML now with these settings. Time to witness the transfer madness!

Last edited:
One thing I didn't see mentioned in the team spirit discussion is that once it all clicks and your team has a high TS score, all of a sudden your team becomes ultra responsive and it feels like the game speed goes up. I'm just about happy playing with a 0 game speed but I had to reduce to -1 as soon as my TS gets up to about 85-90

Switched to full manual now and due to that I've dropped difficulty to regular. Need to get used to this first. So far stats look good and the games neither easy nor hectic. Just good enough.

DJ1SbxgVAAA9rcp

Going to start ML now with these settings. Time to witness the transfer madness!

Try ML as classic see if that changes the frequency of crazy transfers.

I love this game will post a full review in about a months time but

There is some things I just can't look past anymore.
Presentation, is revolting
The sound, commentary, crowds, sound effects, and general presentation is simply shocking om the current gen

Again gameplay and Co op I love but of there is one thing that is going to make me jump ship its konamis presentation and the general care of their product. It annoys me because it isn't a complete rewrite of the script. Just take a month or 2 to polish the shit up. Stop trying to beat ea out the gate because you never will win the race.

Exactly how I feel the game needs a polish up as best they can over the next couple of months the early release wasnt a great idea

In regards to barcelona being easier to beat than swansea maybe a work around in master league would be to play swansea on superstar and barca on legend?

In regards to barcelona being easier to beat than swansea maybe a work around in master league would be to play swansea on superstar and barca on legend?

Yeah that's what I had been doing. I play Professional difficulty with every team near the bottom half/worse than me. Superstar for teams that are of equal strength as I am or near the mid-table and Legend for teams that are above me/top 4. Works pretty well although a bit predictable.

Edit: Is there a way to disable team spirit?

Yeah that's what I had been doing. I play Professional difficulty with every team near the bottom half/worse than me. Superstar for teams that are of equal strength as I am or near the mid-table and Legend for teams that are above me/top 4. Works pretty well although a bit predictable.

Edit: Is there a way to disable team spirit?

No way to disable it on console maybe on pc? I tweeted adam about the AI having no team ID offline I dont expect a reply

Someone asked about getting around the shared content thing with 2 player the other day.nit sure if it was answered but Adam tweeted to say the other person just needs to log in with a PSN account.

Watching the match by this one guy. He was Chelsea and he lost to Swancerlona(Swansea) by 4-1 and Swansea playing like world class and in the next match, he(Chelsea) end up beating Barcelona 6-0 with the same team that lost 4-1 against Swansea. In this game, you will be happy to play against world class teams because it's so easy to beat them. F.A CUP is a harder competition than UCL. Just look at these gifs Chelsea vs Swansea:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I am not picky about my footie game like most other hardcore fans but the one thing I expect is for world class teams to be harder to beat than skybet league which is not the case in PES 2018. According to PES 2018 logic Swansea > Real Madrid and Barca.

Conclusion: Every player can pass the same way.
I see constant rushing by the user. Then what is the opponent supposed to do?
Custom 5-8-10.
thank you.
Im not so much into 10is angle setting but I'll give it a try.

I see constant rushing by the user. Then what is the opponent supposed to do?
thank you.
Im not so much into 10is angle setting but I'll give it a try.
Yea I've been playing at angle 9 (the max) since forever then switched to 10 when added custom cameras again :)

I am playing it at Classic and saw stupid transfers so I don't think that has any bearing on the flawed Transfer Logic....
Same. I started a new ML with Southampton..Classic instead of challenge.

Liverpool sell Firmino to Newcastle!!! NEWCASTLE who were in championship last season.

Also, Liverpool play in Europa League.

What the actual hell??

Forget ML for anothe year. It's extremely bad.

Is Master League that bad, I mean its never been amazing and you have to use your own imagination and self restraint to maximise what is there.... but all these transfers? Good/Bad team swap in performance? I was looking forward to getting it today, but now as this is the mode I will play the most im unsure again.

so to not get screwed or waste time when creating my local club... whats important when i install new DP and/or OF!?
i can take any team in the game, edit it, than export it to usb, right!? am i able to import it any time later even if i installed a newer version patch, DP or OF!?

Have we ever been graced with a truly intelligent and realistic AI, where every team plays their own distincitive brand of football and the game is a challenge no matter what style they play. NO. So I don't understand what people expect. Fifa AI is just as bad (although the sliders help).

People complain they can't win because smaller teams play like Barcelona. Lower the difficulty pal. Same guys play on regular and can't win a game.

Some people want a challenge, and if the AI has to play like Barcelona then so be it. I would rather that than the last 10 years of PES, because there was no challenge at all, it was too easy.

Liverpool sell Firmino to Newcastle!!! NEWCASTLE who were in championship last season.

What the actual hell??

This is killing the quality for me. On the pitch bar a couple of niggles its top drawer. But this shit is just awful

and how cool is that! when deactivating the live update to get access to (for example) the Bundesliga from the OF, you don't have to go back that one step in the menus, like in 2017. it changes it directly when deactivating live update via R3! :D

This is killing the quality for me. On the pitch bar a couple of niggles its top drawer. But this shit is just awful
I only buy pes for ML and I am really tired of how they ignore so many important things which are important.

The severe lack of stadia, ridiculous transfers, the wing exploit and CPU playing ridiculous football even if it's a 'small' team, are killing it for me. Not sure I can go on with this.

Konami why, WHY don't you just listen to your loyal fanbase just once?? Why keep ignoring ML??

All about myclub now. No one live streams a ML on YouTube for example, it's all about opening balls on myclub.

So what's the best OF for PS4? All EPL, EFL, CL teams?

Need the same lads, cheers.
Picking the game up today.
Bar all the criticism I've read im excited.

Remembering the good old days picking up PES 5, loading it up and thinking this is pure shit, 10 Milan derby games in and a magical Pirlo free kick goal and the initial thoughts turn 180 into pure elation

Actually I don't have an issue with powerful shots. I expect these grown muscular and athletic pro athletes to be more than able to hammer them. But what I don't expect is every player hammering these shots on target. It's the accuracy part that should be toned down, or just let the accuracy stat work like it should. It's more about the foot connecting with the ball perfectly at the right time, right angle, right body position, right mind, etc.

Shooting is an art, especially in a match under various circumstances. Some players have that cool mind and already know where the goal is without looking, can kick with technique even when pressured and at near impossible angles. This part is missing from PES imo. I wish it makes a comeback. There were stats like response and shot technique that were removed that made a big difference with players like Inzaghi. The guy had no strength but was always positioned in the right place at the right time.

Edit: And I just realised I typed a wall of text. Apologies. Fixed it a bit, I guess.
cristiano has one out atm, its just the main leagues, still alot of fake teams, might be a while till the proper ones come out with the bundasliga

cristiano has one out atm, its just the main leagues, still alot of fake teams, might be a while till the proper ones come out with the bundasliga
There's one here in our edit section for Bundesliga. Looks like I'll have to install both that and wehk for now.

I'm surprised the guy/s did it so quick yet it takes Konami yonks to do anything. The guys in the edit section deserve huge respect.

Put together a mix. EPL, laliga and serieA by PESworld, Bundesliga by Christiano and the rest is wehk! Works well! All done in 3 copying steps. Each one flawless in one instance. Like that batch import is working well now.

Been playing the whole day. Need to take a break now and watch some Bundesliga live. Tonight I'll go on with my ML!

What the actual hell??

There are bigger glitches in real life
Shaqiri to stoke
Oscar, hulk, Ramires to some Chinese sides as well as texieira, mind you oscar Ramires left chelsea who were playing CL as well.

Finally started an ML with Burton Albion. Top player, manual passing. I'm not a seasoned full manual pro, so it's difficult - but very rewarding when you score! It's that old ML feeling back again. I've played 6 matches so far, have only won one, and have scored 3 goals. Still having the most fun I've had with a PES game for a good while. It definitely looks like the opponents react to how I play, and since I'm playing with manual passing and aren't able to string a million lazer like passes around, they're trying to exploit this, and push me further up the field, as well as send more men forward when they attack, which again leaves me with some great counter attacking chances now and then. In general I'm quite surprised at how much more balanced the opponent seems to be playing now (as opposed to when I was playing with Spurs) - they attack in a multitude of ways, and don't always defend in two blocks of 4 (as they don't need to to contain me, hah).

Anyway, I've had a blast for the past three hours. Really enjoyed it. Some blatant annoying shit here and there, but nothing too big. I still can't believe you have to play your cup matches at neutral grounds or whatever it is though. Another one of Konami's mystery decisions that has, for some reason, just stuck with the game for ages. Oh, well, not a biggie. I'm playing in normal ML mode, and seeing some pretty weird transfers, but nothing ridiculously stupid yet (although, Walcott just went to Spurs, I doubt that would ever happen, haha).

Put together a mix. EPL, laliga and serieA by PESworld, Bundesliga by Christiano and the rest is wehk! Works well! All done in 3 copying steps. Each one flawless in one instance. Like that batch import is working well now.

Been playing the whole day. Need to take a break now and watch some Bundesliga live. Tonight I'll go on with my ML!

How you finding it bro?

Back
Top Bottom