PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I've found that just having two central strikers is a good strategy for getting offensive players to be more creative with how they move. I've used Kane as a lone striker for many games, but the support players around him tended to just move quite statically in the same lanes again and again, but when I put a second striker next to him, that seems to tie up the opposition just a bit more to make some more room for the other offensive players to move in, and they seem to move less statically, and be a bit more clever about where they're going, opening up for some really interesting attacking play and far more variety in the offensive play.

Probably goes without saying to many of you, but thought I'd mention it, in case you're struggling with finding space with a lone striker. :p
Also a good observation,try to play with,let's say a SS as your second striker (what it means actually) and having him as a hole player/dummy runner,any speciality,and he will create space with runs and/or run into space for passes

Anyone played international matches?

Just playing a world cup now. All games seem much more arcade like.

Also, not sure whether it's the thing that people are talking about, with getting the hang of defending, but opponents seem to score something like 4 out of 5 chances they have

When the game is slower and in midfield, it's great. When it gets arcade like, you could be watching a ps2 game

Haven't played the full game due to an ear infection keeping me bed bound but am excited by reading the posts over the last few days Will pick it up this weekend

Seems the subtle changes and tweaks have made for a more free entertaining game of football. Variety seems more evident than it has in a long long time. I tried FM passing in the demo and thought it was a joy.
Happy to hear shooting has been improved from the demo also.

Than benzene goal above was niiice

Unlocked legend difficulty wasnt too hard to achieve 5 wins on superstar using mid level teams except a battering 5 nil loss to inter

Played as lazio vs roma on legend i scored first in the 15th minute i thought this isnt difficult well.. that goal was akin to hitting a wasps nest with a cricket bat the AI went insane ended up losing 4-1 with 38% possession

At the risk of repeating myself i hope the ai using the chip ball in the last third is toned down in future patches

Whats the commentary bro. Does the UK version have Japanese please

nope, europeans are treated like second class citizens. bhatti confirmed that in a tweet a while ago that the uk/euro version doesnt have the much beloved jp commentary. while south america has it included in their version for the first time this year because they "requested" it

Is it happening with all defenders or just some?

I have noticed a few times that I passed to a player inside the box ahead of a defender and they didn't chase him to get the ball
Happening with whatever team I play against. Sometimes their players come so close all they have to do is throw a leg out, instead they just, pull away. They're so passive.

I'm from melbourne, played 5 guys from South America all lag free, loved every game, no more cheap goals from crossing, get punished for over pressing, seriously awesome, Konami are very disapponting from a business point of view, they could've made a lot of money from people buying coins to open more balls, IF they had a lot of different modes, whoever is in charge is losing them a lot of money this year i reckon, cos modes they have currently will get boring very quickly and people will go back to FUT.

im contemplating of buying the us version. can you confirm that it has the south american commentaries from brazil, mexico, chile and argentina? how about the japanese commentary? lastly, are you able to play someone in aus because pes is frustratingly region locked in previous years

Keeping the ball seems much harder than on the demo. I'm playing a Master League game and I don't know if it's because the first game is a derby (Roma vs Lazio) but they have the gengenpress on steroids. That coupled with what I can only describe as a button delay is making it impossible to build any form of attack. Any ideas?

Played FIFA demo, the shooting is much better than PES in terms of speed, and tractojory of the ball. Variations as well is noticeable. Although on FIFA shooting is so OP and easy to score. Even then at least it feels right when you shoot. On PES it's like arcade shooting, the speed and physics is so shitty, rockets, and it bounces so weirdly. FIFA got the feeling but not the realistic side of it as of yet. PES needs to work on both, ps2 era shooting will always be the best until they wake up and realize it and make it happen for next year. We need those ps2 shooting stats back Konami plz.

im contemplating of buying the us version. can you confirm that it has the south american commentaries from brazil, mexico, chile and argentina? how about the japanese commentary? lastly, are you able to play someone in aus because pes is frustratingly region locked in previous years
Yes those commentators are there, Iv got it permanently set on the japs, have no idea what there saying but brings back old memories with winning eleven

Just smashed Sevilla away 0-4 with RB Leipzig. I just started to use a counter-attacking style and oh well, is doable in this game. Amazing :3.

BTW, I'm the only one that thinks the new free-kick system is kinda like the old PS2 games? I really love it.

Got killed properly in my 2nd ML game,Vs Crotone
4-1 (me Torino)
I had to go back to 0 game speed,then it started to play better,way more responsive when defending.
Had a double yellow card,so played my last 5 minutes a man short.
It's so hard on manual

Played FIFA demo, the shooting is much better than PES in terms of speed, and tractojory of the ball. Variations as well is noticeable. Although on FIFA shooting is so OP and easy to score. Even then at least it feels right when you shoot. On PES it's like arcade shooting, the speed and physics is so shitty, rockets, and it bounces so weirdly. FIFA got the feeling but not the realistic side of it as of yet. PES needs to work on both, ps2 era shooting will always be the best until they wake up and realize it and make it happen for next year. We need those ps2 shooting stats back Konami plz.

First shoot of mine in fifa demo was finess.. ball flyes slowly and look unrealistic.. the other attempt it feels and look nice.. inconsistence to my liking.. PES feels and look better. the trajectory variation that it lacks.. fifa's very good but sometimes makes decent player look stupid because of shooting going wide or slow (can also because i am suck at fifa' shooting)

And @Chuny the attacking is beautiful,being able to go one on one with a defender, feinting,pass him and off you go
Beautiful

I haven't had the chance to get used to one-on-ones yet. I don't get the hang of it just yet.
Looks like a lot of damage can be done but I'm just still on "PES 2017" mode.

I haven't had the chance to get used to one-on-ones yet. I don't get the hang of it just yet.
Looks like a lot of damage can be done but I'm just still on "PES 2017" mode.
Little dings with the right stick, beautiful
You'll get the hang of it,my defending went from horrible to good when upping the speed to 0 from -1
Much more responsive

Sorry for the bad video,my Xbox upload studio is acting up
Anyway,ML game 3,Sassuolo at home,and they were very aggressive, especially when being scored on,toughest game I had in a long time.
Changed game speed, to 0,and suddenly everything feels an plays better.
6 freekicks in this one,and a sending off
Brilliant stuff

Co op is fucking awesome

yeah it is.. but there is a couple annoying things they should fix... the one thing annoying me about this mode is why do they let you matchup with just one human player playing with 2 com's... when you select 3 v 3 in the options? i'm not sure if people are actually trying to play by themselves on purpose or not.. but if you are that is dumb. Konami should have matchmaking option that says you can't matchup with just 1human... with that said my current team of friends I'm playing with we are not as good at PES yet so playing against the 1 human player and 2 coms is actually easier imo to play against than 3 solid human players. but I am playing co op to play against humans not COMS.... Konami should not allow a 1 human controlled player playing with his myclub team with 2 coms vs 3 human players. that's just dumb and annoying to me

over half our clan matches have been 3 humans on my teams vs 1 human and 2 coms on the other. I seriously can't comprehend that people are actually intend to play co-op mode by themselves with 2 com players on their team. I rather play my cop team vs all com than 1 human with 2 COMS on his team.

the other annoying thing about this mode is I have 4 members in my clan but I'm the only who can start a clan match. they can't and it looks like there is no way for me to give them the access to start match without me if I'm not on. so basically they make a clan and then I go on theirs.. it just seems silly they did it like that. hopefully they correct or adjust a few of these things bc when it's 2 v 2 or 3 v 2 or 3 v 3.. it's pretty epic in this game.

Last edited:
Anyway,ML game 3,Sassuolo at home,and they were very aggressive, especially when being scored on,toughest game I had in a long time.
Brilliant stuff

I also went from -1 and PA1, to 0 and no passing assistance. To my surprise, having manual passing seems to slow the game down. So when going from -1 to 0, which did make the game faster in a bad way, I got to balance it up a little bit by turning off the PA.
Manual passing is a lot harder than I was used to in PES 2017, so you really need to take one more second before you go happy-trigger with the button.

And by the by... I do also feel what some of you guys were saying weeks ago that manual passing seems to also add some more accuracy error to the AI, not just human controlled players.

Brilliant stuff

Looking at that video from external cam gives the looks of real match.. until the player try to turn their running path.. that transition looks odd lol.. yeah i know probably the pes production team still can not manage to make the transitition more natural like fifa.

Back
Top Bottom