PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Im not happy right now so excuse the rant but im convinced they have purposely broken offline to push ppl in to myclub I find it pretty disgraceful the AI all play the same regardless of tactics i have tweaked them over and over theres no difference

But the coup de gras is the ML transfers in the first season...Are they taking the piss? If you haven't seen them take a look and tell me how has that been allowed through testing? I don't want to be overly negative and ruin others enjoyment but I can believe for a second they have broken every positive thing about the AI from 2017 by accident I can only imagine the office in japan is not real and it is in fact located in the Chimpanzee enclosure at London zoo

Really Saintric? That bad? I haven't bought it yet . .feel like waiting for patches now. .could take months.

Im not happy right now so excuse the rant but im convinced they have purposely broken offline to push ppl in to myclub I find it pretty disgraceful the AI all play the same regardless of tactics i have tweaked them over and over theres no difference

But the coup de gras is the ML transfers in the first season...Are they taking the piss? If you haven't seen them take a look and tell me how has that been allowed through testing? I don't want to be overly negative and ruin others enjoyment but I can't believe for a second they have broken every positive thing about the AI from 2017 by accident I can only imagine the office in japan is not real and it is in fact located in the Chimpanzee enclosure at London zoo

Can you give some examples of bad transfers. This is really disappointing :(

Really Saintric? That bad? I haven't bought it yet . .feel like waiting for patches now. .could take months.

honestly mate its bad its a damn shame because the game has so much potential its like someone has taken the perfect football game and tried to break it in various ways thats whats so frustrating underneath all the mess is a good game trying to get out anyway heres a little preview

DJw_GYq_YXk_AAal_R4.jpg

you could say hm thats not bad i can live with that then you scroll down and see
kolasinac has joined Bournemouth Harry Kane has gone to Porto Lukaku has decided 5 minutes at Man utd is enough and joined Arsenal the list goes on as i went further through august i just turned it off i captured that shot to show my mate on psn

honestly mate its bad its a damn shame because the game has so much potential its like someone has taken the perfect football game and tried to break it in various ways thats whats so frustrating underneath all the mess is a good game trying to get out anyway heres a little preview

DJw_GYq_YXk_AAal_R4.jpg

you could say hm thats not bad i can live with that then you scroll down and see
kolasinac has joined Bournemouth Harry Kane has gone to Porto Lukaku has decided 5 minutes at Man utd is enough and joined Arsenal the list goes on

whats your transfer frequency?

Here you go guys. Sideline bug in Legend difficulty, so I won't be accused or told anything. Also chose a smaller/slower team vs a bigger/faster team, so no one says I've used faster players.

Highest difficulty possible and still happens. I could do it much easier with a faster team as well.

This needs to be patched ASAP.

And no, I'm not looking for this bug. It's literally there almost every time I want to cross I'm allowed a free pass.

Deja vu

I know it shouldn't be the case in 2017, but you really shouldn't look at Master League and expect a realistic career aspect.

I'd love it if there was more realism, or even something close to it. Unfortunately this is not the direction Konkani choose to go in (or they are deluded into thinking they are close).

Master League will always be an unrealistic, arcade-like career experience. We probably have to accept it will always be this way and work with what we have.

So the "green zone" bug was in 2011. Couldn't remember which one it was. They did end up patching that, but it was considerably worse than this. We are going to have to make so real noise on this for it to get fixed, I think.

Here you go guys. Sideline bug in Legend difficulty, so I won't be accused or told anything. Also chose a smaller/slower team vs a bigger/faster team, so no one says I've used faster players.

Highest difficulty possible and still happens. I could do it much easier with a faster team as well.

This needs to be patched ASAP.

And no, I'm not looking for this bug. It's literally there almost every time I want to cross I'm allowed a free pass.

Currently a gamebreaker for me :(

Yep, still waiting here Deco. just a couple of things that need to be patched in terms of gameplay and ML before I can even consider it. genuinely gutted because it looks like such a great game but i know these things will ruin the enjoyment for me, i can't unsee them

I tweeted about this to Adam and Asim last night

did you get any reply?

I know it shouldn't be the case in 2017, but you really shouldn't look at Master League and expect a realistic career aspect.

I'd love it if there was more realism, or even something close to it. Unfortunately this is not the direction Konkani choose to go in (or they are deluded into thinking they are close).

Master League will always be an unrealistic, arcade-like career experience. We probably have to accept it will always be this way and work with what we have.

err no. we can constantly feed it back and hope that it gets changed, why do we just need to accept it. absolute nonsense

Next year PES should try and partner with BT sport for the UK game. Yes, their Comms team could be better but they can use all of the presentation etc and Ian darke isn't bad, neither is Darren Fletcher. But even if not perfect it would at least be more true to life
yes, work off the pitch next year. Make this game exciting when scoring from crowd screaming and commentary yelling Gooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaal. Give it some emotion!

I just started a quick ML and I don't see a transfer frequency option, then I went into ML on Pes 2017 and I don't see it there either... The transfer frequency was no where near as bad then as the above sample though

Konami: how freaking hard is it to add an option to play actual CL groups without spending 15-20 minutes to set them up manually? You think maybe that the Liverpool fans that finally have some actual CL to watch would maybe want to play that same group in the game? I imagine fans of other teams in CL might feel the same. Just one button when you pick teams: Use CL groups 17/18. There, sorted. Now excuse my while I play Liverpool's first match in the group against Barcelona.

Well that sucks.. I thought the ai were good last year generally only buying players in positions they were short in

yep although it wasnt perfect the AI would buy correct positions i remember barcelona losing 2 gks at the end off the season and they signed 2 more 1 world class and a youth

no i agree the master league is all about creating your own story i have no issue with the fantasy side of it but waiting for the 17/18 season teams to start a ML only for them to sell all their new signings before they kick a ball is a pretty crappy situation

Konami: how freaking hard is it to add an option to play actual CL groups without spending 15-20 minutes to set them up manually? You think maybe that the Liverpool fans that finally have some actual CL to watch would maybe want to play that same group in the game? I imagine fans of other teams in CL might feel the same. Just one button when you pick teams: Use CL groups 17/18. There, sorted. Now excuse my while I play Liverpool's first match in the group against Barcelona.

I feel you! Yet, having been a fan of this game for so long, you just know what to expect at some point. Konami will never give two shits about stuff like this, or it's just above their head or something. It's the same with the bullshit transfer market of the ML (like ManU buying an overall 57 rated guy and selling Lukaku to FC Klabbenbabb from Turkmenistan and stuff like that) - shouldn't be too hard to fix, but it's been like that since forever, and it's just not likely to change anytime soon.

I think if I wrote down a list of all the annoying things with this game, I'd be going on for quite some time. I'm enjoying a game occasionally, but it seems to me like the game needs a lot of fixing. As it has needed for the past few years. Usually, around January you can start to play because some community geniuses have developed a way to play the game properly by fixing tactics and making gameplay patches or whatever (on PC, that is). I remember the extremely lackluster PES 2012 becoming one of the best in the series, due to some heavy heavy editing by the lovely Evo-Web community (yair, if I recall correctly). :)

To the ones who are enjoying the game on a game to game basis - I'd love to hear what kind of settings you're using, because I swear, for me it's like I'm playing the same game over and over and over, regardless of who I'm playing.

I love this game will post a full review in about a months time but

There is some things I just can't look past anymore.
Presentation, is revolting
The sound, commentary, crowds, sound effects, and general presentation is simply shocking om the current gen

I get they are less staffed than ea are but when your brand manager is bragging about game of thrones first thing in the morning at the office when there is so much that could be done I get annoyed

The online experience is marred by the same interface I have been staring at for I don't know how long. I don't know if these guys play pes but any pes player will tell you the worst possible screen to stare at is the establishing communication screen.

Again gameplay and Co op I love but of there is one thing that is going to make me jump ship its konamis presentation and the general care of their product. It annoys me because it isn't a complete rewrite of the script. Just take a month or 2 to polish the shit up. Stop trying to beat ea out the gate because you never will win the race.

I cant take a review seriously that rates pes higher than 7/10 if this aspect is taken into consideration

From a gameplay perspective it is like driving a Ferrari but from a presentation aspect it's like riding on a stubborn donkey that won't move on.

I love this game will post a full review in about a months time but

There is some things I just can't look past anymore.
Presentation, is revolting
The sound, commentary, crowds, sound effects, and general presentation is simply shocking om the current gen

I get they are less staffed than ea are but when your brand manager is bragging about game of thrones first thing in the morning at the office when there is so much that could be done I get annoyed

The online experience is marred by the same interface I have been staring at for I don't know how long. I don't know if these guys play pes but any pes player will tell you the worst possible screen to stare at is the establishing communication screen.

Again gameplay and Co op I love but of there is one thing that is going to make me jump ship its konamis presentation and the general care of their product. It annoys me because it isn't a complete rewrite of the script. Just take a month or 2 to polish the shit up. Stop trying to beat ea out the gate because you never will win the race.

I cant take a review seriously that rates pes higher than 7/10 if this aspect is taken into consideration

From a gameplay perspective it is like driving a Ferrari but from a presentation aspect it's like riding on a stubborn donkey that won't move on.

On one hand, I'm OK with them not spending time on unimportant stuff like menus, but on the other, I have to look at the top left corner of the top menu every time to make sure I didn't accidentally start up PES 2017

Back
Top Bottom