PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I also went from -1 and PA1, to 0 and no passing assistance. To my surprise, having manual passing seems to slow the game down. So when going from -1 to 0, which did make the game faster in a bad way, I got to balance it up a little bit by turning off the PA.
Manual passing is a lot harder than I was used to in PES 2017, so you really need to take one more second before you go happy-trigger with the button.

And by the by... I do also feel what some of you guys were saying weeks ago that manual passing seems to also add some more accuracy error to the AI, not just human controlled players.
It sure does add errors to the CPU,ball dynamic is looser,it's quite the change.
Manual is much tougher on this game than 16-17, 15 had about the same.
I think after a few games on zero, that you have more responsive players, and having them tackling and pressing the CPU at zero works better,I feel that on -1 CPU has an advantage,always a step to slow,which adds to their passing %,also I saw an increase in fouls.

Funny thing,and in no way proven,but a funny thing nevertheless.
When I played my last 5-6 games on 17,just before getting 18, I changed camera angle,closer to the pitch,acctually pitch side 4-4-3 I think,anyway,suddenly I didn't draw any fouls.
Think I had 1-2 per game in a 20 min game.
Before when playing with my camera setting higher up,4-10 a game.
Strange,
Might acctually try +1 and a higher setting on 18 and see if it makes a difference.
But,yeah Chuny,stick with manual and 0 game speed and the game will play better,it has for me

Looking at that video from external cam gives the looks of real match.. until the player try to turn their running path.. that transition looks odd lol.. yeah i know probably the pes production team still can not manage to make the transitition more natural like fifa.
It does,FIFA got that nailed.
Remember last years FIFA and their leg movement when running though....absolutely ridiculous,looked like a Benny Hill clip,legs moving super fast.
But you're right with your comparison to FIFA pal

Had the game since Tuesday. Will say, it gets better and better and feels more enjoyable. The niggles seem to fade away due to the enjoyment of the good stuff. Not swell up and eclipse the good stuff.

This is the best compliment I can pay to the game. It's good old PES, sort of like a growing investment. Option file help, sure.

Doing a CL with Man Utd, won 3-0 home against Benfica on TopPlayer. Lukaku missed about 4 clear cut chances and a few 1 on 1's

Next game away at Basel, Matic took a long shot. It was parried by the keeper and Lukaku scored the rebound, but it deflect in off the keeper. Was quite lucky; I felt vindicated for playing him, it looked like a goal a striker would score under pressure, I just felt like that he knew he messed up in the previous game.

This is the old PES feeling, I love ❤️

My amazon order has been ready since yesterday..stiĺl not shipped..holding it back bar stewards
Mine was ready since Monday, too... Got shipped Wednesday night (like at 11 PM) and delivered yesterday in the afternoon. I was really hoping to have it early so I could start downloading it yesterday while I was at work, I'll have to do it today unfortunately.

I would love to play the game this weekend...but seems like Aussie release is the 19th, unless I can find it somewhere already. Quick question though - since I'm on Xbox I believe there are no option files but I'm happy to go through and edit team names based on the real names thread, but will those changes get erased whenever game updates are applied going forward? Or does that only affect option files installed through whatever process that uses. I don't want to spend some time fixing things then have it all undone basically.

Also - it would be good to have the kit formula's somewhere for us Xbox'ers.

Yeah mine came yesterday..it was here after work. Ok 2 proper games in doing and international cup as Brazil. Beat Korea 1 nil and lost to Norway 3-1 thanks to my poor defending ..things I've noticed it's slower , they have really tightened up manual controls I've not had one silly loose pass , shooting seems times down. Regarding fouls I had none against Korea but 3 against norway all gained by doing a jink just before the defender..should of been 5 fouls one sliding tackle and advantage played and another right stick jink in the box with outinho...contact made he stumbled but didn't go down and I lost the ball ..still a peno all day long for me ...anyone know how to dive?

Here you go guys. Sideline bug in Legend difficulty, so I won't be accused or told anything. Also chose a smaller/slower team vs a bigger/faster team, so no one says I've used faster players.

Highest difficulty possible and still happens. I could do it much easier with a faster team as well.

This needs to be patched ASAP.

And no, I'm not looking for this bug. It's literally there almost every time I want to cross I'm allowed a free pass.

Here you go guys. Sideline bug in Legend difficulty, so I won't be accused or told anything. Also chose a smaller/slower team vs a bigger/faster team, so no one says I've used faster players.

Highest difficulty possible and still happens. I could do it much easier with a faster team as well.

And no, I'm not looking for this bug. It's literally there almost every time I want to cross I'm allowed a free pass.

I hope it gets patched next update. However, it might be a little to late for that now.

Ok, so went online last night for Online Divisions with PA 1 for the first time since PES 2015 (I think). I enjoyed it actually, there isn't that much ping pong since it's slightly less assisted now. But the downside is of course that people just pick Real/PSG etc, that doesn't happen that much when playing manual settings (and set to "similar settings"). But it makes it sweeter on the other hand when you beat someone with Feyenoord or something like that. :)

Anyway, scored a nice goal with the Spain NT (I don't just pick lesser teams...;)) ). I had a free-kick in between the corner flag and the box. So I curled it in towards the first post with Isco and Busquets ran in front of the defender just flicking it backwards with his head (hard to explain) making the ball sail over the keeper and in under the bar on the far side of the goal. Looked incredibly life like and felt very rewarding.

It's a shame Lami .. it's obviously deliberate to allow kids who play to get their wingers to the byline and cross for more penalty area action . .if they sort that and fouls out we'd have a great year.

Is it possible to install a new option file over a previous one? Or...do I need to format current kits and install from new?

Wow just wow. What a game!

Old Pes feeling!

Keepers animations looks SUPERB! better than "other game" i didnt thougt that it possible! Stadia looks awesome!Ejjj guys atmosphere is not bad!its good.Game looks very nice. Ball physics lovely.

What a game! For me its PES 6/5 in new gen. This game is exactly looking what i sent massage to Adam and KONAMI 8 years ago. I wrote: If you want beat FIFA make old PES from PS2 days in new engine. Pes 2018 its exactly what i expected.

did anyone notice that there are always maximum 1-2mins stoppage time?
I played like 10 exhibition matches and never had more than 2mins stoppage time
some matches had 3-4 goals with a few free kicks and numbers of corners but still 1-2mins stoppage time?

Last edited:
Only played 2 games on the full game but so far enjoyed them both. Live update worked so squads are now up to date.

Some minor things will always be there, sometimes i do not understand.
For instance : when playing a home game you always have the kick off and always start from the same side.
Why not some variation? Or the good old coin toss.
These are very simple things that are somehow not in the game.

Now awaiting a good option file, untill then i'm only playing exhibition games or my dutch league.

Only played 2 games on the full game but so far enjoyed them both. Live update worked so squads are now up to date.

Some minor things will always be there, sometimes i do not understand.
For instance : when playing a home game you always have the kick off and always start from the same side.
Why not some variation? Or the good old coin toss.
These are very simple things that are somehow not in the game.

Now awaiting a good option file, untill then i'm only playing exhibition games or my dutch league.
are you sure. i couldnt find Kolasinac at Arsenal nor at Schalke.

are you sure. i couldnt find Kolasinac at Arsenal nor at Schalke.

Well i must admit that i have only checked Ajax, and all transferred players are now gone so I just assumed that it was ok. Perhaps it is not then, or at least not complete.

@elfie theres already option file, is it not good ?

Didn't check that one out yet so can't judge. I just want to wait a bit more to see what is coming out. Can only apply 1 option file so willing to wait and see which i like the most.

Yeah, he's definitely there, he's just scored against me playing for Arsenal... Name is down as S.Kolasinac (with the accent on the S)
alright then. i must have missed it late last night when i was browsing the edit mode...! ;)

so all transfers are done and perfect!? any mistakes or something odd or all good?!

last night i was visiting the training mode for the first time. tmw, when i'm off work, ill use this mode to get used to the new dribbling and set pieces. pratice makes perfection, right!?

Christinos OF will be updated sunday/monday. just in case someone miss the BETA file, i reuploaded the file again: http://www.fastshare.org/download/DFL_OF_2017_V2.zip

like the new Village Park Stadium, suits teams like Everton really well.

A question if someone could help? if I start Master League now and say YES to PEU, PLA League etc, when I add Bundesliga etc later will it feature in my master league or will it mess everything up?

like the new Village Park Stadium, suits teams like Everton really well.

A question if someone could help? if I start Master League now and say YES to PEU, PLA League etc, when I add Bundesliga etc later will it feature in my master league or will it mess everything up?
afaik, yes! you can continue your ML and the PEU and PLA league will just be replaced by what the OF is replacing.
but i'm not sure!

Im not happy right now so excuse the rant but im convinced they have purposely broken offline to push ppl in to myclub I find it pretty disgraceful the AI all play the same regardless of tactics i have tweaked them over and over theres no difference

But the coup de gras is the ML transfers in the first season...Are they taking the piss? If you haven't seen them take a look and tell me how has that been allowed through testing? I don't want to be overly negative and ruin others enjoyment but I can't believe for a second they have broken every positive thing about the AI from 2017 by accident I can only imagine the office in japan is not real and it is in fact located in the Chimpanzee enclosure at London zoo

Back
Top Bottom