PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Has anyone else noticed that goals are often omitted from the full time highlights reel? I just won 4-0, and only one of the goals was featured on the highlight reel. Odd. Surely a bug.

I don't own the game and I haven't played it (only the beta and demo) but don't you guys think half the issue with the sideline bug is because the ball basically sticks to players feet when you're dribbling? I remember in the old games you could run fast but to actually get away from your man you had to push the ball much further. By doing so, you gave ample room for interceptions. It was high risk, high reward. I'm referring to the video Lami posted where Ryan Fraser skins Welbeck.

Inter for me!
Good side as well,might have second thoughts on Milan,they have a very strong side this year.
Will probably make a push with Inter/Roma tw Juventus this season
Watching them right now,3-0 up Vs Austria Wien after 19 Min.
Interesting tactic though.
3-5-2,strong wingbacks

Something really awesome is that players miss control the ball alot. Especially if they get tired.

Many times I've played a pass into a player with poor dribbling or I try and do a turn too quickly and the player just leaves it behind. It's amazing.

Well done konami

Managed to squeeze in a myclub game against the com after getting all my free agent players.

I won a free kick within in minutes if kickoff and saved the video thinking the guys need to see this :D

Middle of the pitch just trying a, 1-2 pass and the AI decided to go through the back of me.

Inter for me!

Me too. I have played about 20 different games today and the game feels good with them.

I think there is a lot about how quick players are that sets how the game plays and with inter they are not too fast, but are responsive. This makes it look and feel real with decent games.

Also, the San siro has one of the best coloured turfs in the game. Inter v torino looks great because of the kits

Dark blue looks great against the turf. Bordeaux look great too. Bright red strips like Liverpool, makes the game look odd.

The darker green, the better the game looks and feels. Some pitches are way too bright

Is there any way to find out,without starting 10-20 ML,which teams,for example in Serie A,who plays EL and CL the first season.
Previous year and tables never counts in konamis logic

Asking cause I want a first season free of European football,without picking a small team.
Thinking Torino.
Could it just be as simple as the top 8 ranked team are the ones playing in Europe first season?
Any input guys?

Picked it up this afternoon played around 15 matches on superstar jus a few thoughts

First off this is how i imagined PES to look in the future when i was a teenager watching the intro videos for pes 3 4 and 5 finally its here the game looks stunning and moves beautifully at the right pace

Shootings a lot better thankfully toned them cannonballs down my only gripe is the AI is not impressing me too much they seem to switch on and off and are not aggressive enough combined with limited attacking patterns if they fix that then it will be football gaming heaven for me

Picked it up this afternoon played around 15 matches on superstar jus a few thoughts

First off this is how i imagined PES to look in the future when i was a teenager watching the intro videos for pes 3 4 and 5 finally its here the game looks stunning and moves beautifully at the right pace

Shootings a lot better thankfully toned them cannonballs down my only gripe is the AI is not impressing me too much they seem to switch on and off and are not aggressive enough combined with limited attacking patterns if they fix that then it will be football gaming heaven for me

Aggression definitely needs upped. That is what's causing the bug on the wing where the defenders don't tackle

Ive noticed that first time passes dont work half the time,its like I havent even pressed the X button.

im confused with the real player photos business. eg boca juniors is licensed but none of their players have real pics in the gameplan or prematch formation graphic layout...

I really need to learn how to defend all over again.
Getting killed the 15-16-17 way
Need to send out player on the ball carrier,and then control a player in the middle to cover runs.
Otherwise I'm done
Very tough

I really need to learn how to defend all over again.
Getting killed the 15-16-17 way
Need to send out player on the ball carrier,and then control a player in the middle to cover runs.
Otherwise I'm done
Very tough

Exactly.

I think Adam and the rest of the guys talked about that in the Podcast a while ago.
They said something like, if you are trying to anticipate the moves from your opponent and be constantly pressuring, you will get ripped apart. You need to think smart, hold back and then try to make a move at the right time.

The way I see itm it's like attacking: If you are constantly holding down the Sprint button and try to dribble past through the entire defense, you become predictable. You need to make the right moves at the right time.

Exactly.

I think Adam and the rest of the guys talked about that in the Podcast a while ago.
They said something like, if you are trying to anticipate the moves from your opponent and be constantly pressuring, you will get ripped apart. You need to think smart, hold back and then try to make a move at the right time.

The way I see itm it's like attacking: If you are constantly holding down the Sprint button and try to dribble past through the entire defense, you become predictable. You need to make the right moves at the right time.
Very true and good spotted mate,need to be very very patience in defending,plus having split vision,not staring blindly at the ball carrier,cause it's the guys making the runs on the flank an centrally that will be a threat.
Good post mate

I've found that just having two central strikers is a good strategy for getting offensive players to be more creative with how they move. I've used Kane as a lone striker for many games, but the support players around him tended to just move quite statically in the same lanes again and again, but when I put a second striker next to him, that seems to tie up the opposition just a bit more to make some more room for the other offensive players to move in, and they seem to move less statically, and be a bit more clever about where they're going, opening up for some really interesting attacking play and far more variety in the offensive play.

Probably goes without saying to many of you, but thought I'd mention it, in case you're struggling with finding space with a lone striker. :p

Back
Top Bottom