PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Could you elaborate please? Interested to know what the problem is online. Did you use it in the beta?

To be honest, if the online is like the beta and the offline is like the demo then I'd buy the game. I really want to know how the game settles down though, once more people get used to online - will they all end up playing like the CPU and exploit 1 touch passing / freedom on the wings, or will the game not be so exploitable owing to the slight button lag & lack of CPU's absurd ability to know that a pass will come off...

If you're looking for an exploit, you will find an exploit.
Every game in the world has one. Some are harder to find though.

That's why we all have some sort of a love-hate relationship with online. Because even if you play against your friends or people who you like to play with, there are some situations in which fingers just act automatically on their own, they already know what will work on a certain situation from having played the game so much, and they trigger it. Specially when losing.

The left stick dribbling the @PRO_TOO mentioned is a thing of beauty with certain players.

Just played as spurs and Eriksen was such a joy to control. I gave the ball away a lot trying to master it but also made some amazing little moves.

Has anyone got to grips with auto shielding? Players like lukaku and Pogba aren't as effective as they should be with their weight :(

If you're looking for an exploit, you will find an exploit.
Every game in the world has one. Some are harder to find though.

That's why we all have some sort of a love-hate relationship with online. Because even if you play against your friends or people who you like to play with, there are some situations in which fingers just act automatically on their own, they already know what will work on a certain situation from having played the game so much, and they trigger it. Specially when losing.

Every exploit in every game has varying degrees of success. That's the key. Not whether it has exploits / sweet spots, but the extent to which they are successful, and the extent to which they can be countered. I'm not interested in PES 2018 if it's as absurdly imbalanced as 2017 for funnelling everybody into one or two ways of playing. The demo points to an experience like that, except I had no means to counter it with tactical changes. But I'd utterly hate if it was as easy to exploit the wings online as in the demo / 2017.

Conversely with the beta it felt like nobody had found a way of playing that I had no answer to. Granted it was a couple of weeks of play and not nearly as many players online, but it was poles apart from what the demo indicated and what Chris' review points to.

Every exploit in every game has varying degrees of success. That's the key. Not whether it has exploits / sweet spots, but the extent to which they are successful, and the extent to which they can be countered. I'm not interested in PES 2018 if it's as absurdly imbalanced as 2017 for funnelling everybody into one or two ways of playing. The demo points to an experience like that, except I had no means to counter it with tactical changes. But I'd utterly hate if it was as easy to exploit the wings online as in the demo / 2017.

Conversely with the beta it felt like nobody had found a way of playing that I had no answer to. Granted it was a couple of weeks of play and not nearly as many players online, but it was poles apart from what the demo indicated and what Chris' review points to.

You are absolutely right.

Played myclub and some online divisions.

It's definitely slowed down and especially the slowdown of passes is great. Plenty of passes go short of the intended target, yet at the same time through balls deceptively run away from your intended target.

Speedy players now do get away from you without the 'ketchup' script, but whether its my imagination, strong defenders can still muscle off the player from the ball, unless it's a tricky player like neymar twisting and turning.
I mention it because from recollection, the beta demo wasn't quite as much in favour of the defender.

Overall its great to see lack of laser pinpoint passing (even with assistance) and power of passes feeling much more manual.

At this stage, I feel advanced shooting is broken (as in, its unuseable in an online match).

Midfield really do play a far greater role and despite my concern when they mentioned about making the pitch bigger, I feel its actually more compact and makes for a more 'battle' like feel to matches.

Also thank f##k overpowered crossing and header is out. The times I seen players spam me with crosses to no avail as I punish them with passing around to find space to shoot is a great feeling.

Another thing is the goalies. My god, the amount of times i find myself in an one vs one situation and think, 'yep goal' and gets saved! Not complaining, its great to see! Shooting is a lot less accurate as well, which i think is good.

Hmm, what is wrong with Advance shooting online? In what way is it "broken"?

Hmm, what is wrong with Advance shooting online? In what way is it "broken"?
I'm wondering if he means broken as in a bit difficult rather than too easy. I've found that they definitely changed the advanced shooting mechanic for aiming, you have to be really precise to hit the corners now otherwise it's a little more towards the centre than right in the corner. Might need to turn the reticule on for a little bit to see exactly how it works.

I'm wondering if he means broken as in a bit difficult rather than too easy. I've found that they definitely changed the advanced shooting mechanic for aiming, you have to be really precise to hit the corners now otherwise it's a little more towards the centre than right in the corner. Might need to turn the reticule on for a little bit to see exactly how it works.

Hmm, I see. Yeah I had difficulties with it as it where so I guess I'm gonna struggle. :D

Hell, I reaaaaaaaallly want to play the game, but I'll wait a bit... I just moved cities and I'm buying stuff so a little short of money and those 70 Euros right now :TTTH:
That's expensive.
My game was purchased in Swedish kronor on Xbox live for 569,in euro that's €56 ish

Could you elaborate please? Interested to know what the problem is online. Did you use it in the beta?

To be honest, if the online is like the beta and the offline is like the demo then I'd buy the game. I really want to know how the game settles down though, once more people get used to online - will they all end up playing like the CPU and exploit 1 touch passing / freedom on the wings, or will the game not be so exploitable owing to the slight button lag & lack of CPU's absurd ability to know that a pass will come off...

When i played around with advanced shooting in training it was fine, trying online kept missing a lot but could be due to pressure from the defenders, or its done so it wasnt so overpowered shooting like in pes 2017.
Id have to test it more, but no problem with the basic at least.

Yea I'm trying. Check this out:

Wellbeck even beat me running like he's racing me. Probably forgot he's supposed to get the ball off me :/

This is used to be in the game years ago and increasing aggression of the players got rid of it. Then in future releases it was gone.

One thing I have seen is that on the first two difficulties - default and pro, defenders do not attack the player or ball as much as they should and it leads to rubbish looking, easy goals. I think Top Player is at least the difficulty you have to play at

This is used to be in the game years ago and increasing aggression of the players got rid of it. Then in future releases it was gone.

One thing I have seen is that on the first two difficulties - default and pro, defenders do not attack the player or ball as much as they should and it leads to rubbish looking, easy goals. I think Top Player is at least the difficulty you have to play at
This happens in Top Player and Superstar. That clip is in Top Player difficulty. You can try it yourself in both these difficulties and see it doesn't matter. So unless they patch it we're going to have to live with it all year.

That's expensive.
My game was purchased in Swedish kronor on Xbox live for 569,in euro that's €56 ish

I really don't know where to buy it or what is the actual price here in Italy. I went to the closest game shop, a couple of blocks away from my place, and saw two prices: 29€ if I exchange two games (No matter the console, can be even Wii!) and 70€ just the game. Is that right?

Was really thinking about buying two old Wii games to exchange them for the PES2018 :THINK:

I really don't know where to buy it or what is the actual price here in Italy. I went to the closest game shop, a couple of blocks away from my place, and saw two prices: 29€ if I exchange two games (No matter the console, can be even Wii!) and 70€ just the game. Is that right?

Was really thinking about buying two old Wii games to exchange them for the PES2018 :THINK:
Ha ha,smart move!
How much does it cost on Xbox live/PSN cause for the first time it was cheaper for me on Xbox live that a game store

This happens in Top Player and Superstar. That clip is in Top Player difficulty. You can try it yourself in both these difficulties and see it doesn't matter. So unless they patch it we're going to have to live with it all year.
Sorry if already asked..
Are you Lami on PC or consolle?
The issue is still there after patch D1?
Thanks

Is it happening with all defenders or just some?

I have noticed a few times that I passed to a player inside the box ahead of a defender and they didn't chase him to get the ball

Lads, I'm struggling a bit with this game. I'm probably trying to play it too quickly...

That said, so far so good. You just feel you're playing a football match. A professional football match that you see on tele. So good, and still gives you moments. Left stick dribbling is fantastic (Ozil is OP though, Jesus).

Edit: By struggling I mean I'm used to destroying the AI on Superstar but haven't done so yet... it'll click though, I'm sure.

Lads, I'm struggling a bit with this game. I'm probably trying to play it too quickly...

That said, so far so good. You just feel you're playing a football match. A professional football match that you see on tele. So good, and still gives you moments. Left stick dribbling is fantastic (Ozil is OP though, Jesus).

Edit: By struggling I mean I'm used to destroying the AI on Superstar but haven't done so yet... it'll click though, I'm sure.

lol wait till you unlock legend. That is the toughest thing ever. Only won once in like 11 games. Athletico Madrid are impossible to beat.

Forgot that my TV has Europa League night all night,so I guess editing Pes has to wait a few hours.
Played one game earlier on TP manual,with a good setup defensively and offensively on the CPU team.
It's gonna be a long/hard/fun ML

Back
Top Bottom