PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

... What a truly amazing game PES 2018 (regular ps4) is. I haven't even tinkered or thought too much about tactics etc, but purely on a gameplay, look and feel point of view, this game is absolutely stunning. It really looks and plays/feels like a dream..like football ought to be. Ive only played 3 games, SS, Full Manual, default speed, and its the perfect speed for me. Noticably slower on default than the demo. Ill try -1 as proposed by a few of you on this board, but I'm currently very happy with default. The passing (particularly ground), player movement, and shooting (thank heavens) have all increased in weight from the demo. Just to be clear, I liked the demo, but this feels and looks so much better. I think the shooting is amazing, and the variety in power and direction has vastly improved.

I played the fifa demo for 30mins last night (that's all I could take), and it just doesn't seem to look or feel right. The feeling I get is that PES is far smoother than Fifa in its gameplay, running at a better framerate (I'm talking about ps4 versions), and has a much smoother panning as the ball is passed from left to right. Fifa for me is kinda jerky if that makes sense, and together with the apple sized football, unique player physics and running animations, I cannot understand those who prefer this over this year's PES. Anyways, the point I'm making is that im glad to have briefly played the FIFA demo, as its heightened my enjoyment with the feeling of PES 2018. Although ive barely scratched the surface with only 3 games of play (and some time in training mode), I'm very damn impressed :) HAPPY DAYS!!!

Totally agree, PES 2018 is truly amazing! I play full manual, -1 speed and the pace is so life like that is really enjoyable. Also the brightness and contrast feature and can do amazing things to visuals.

Totally agree, PES 2018 is truly amazing! I play full manual, -1 speed and the pace is so life like that is really enjoyable. Also the brightness and contrast feature and can do amazing things to visuals.
yep.. forgot to mention that. Love pes's new option to tinker with contrast and brightness via the game, and not the tv... I do 50 contrast, and lower the brightness to 30. Looks amazing on my 65" plasma..
when I played fifa yesterday, the colours looked way too bright, and when I went to the calibration options, it meant that I actually had to tinker with my tv settings.... as macgregor says..."F#$k that S@$t!!!"

Surprised by the positive feedback here. The game is awesome. But need some adjustment on tactics, improve foul and reduce the effectiveness of through ball (high/ground) on the flanks as it abused a lot by the cpu

Great to read everyones enjoying it..mines due today after a 10 hr work training course ...has the day one patch been applied yet ? Wasn't sure how it worked as the US have had the game all week

I'm from melbourne, played 5 guys from South America all lag free, loved every game, no more cheap goals from crossing, get punished for over pressing, seriously awesome, Konami are very disapponting from a business point of view, they could've made a lot of money from people buying coins to open more balls, IF they had a lot of different modes, whoever is in charge is losing them a lot of money this year i reckon, cos modes they have currently will get boring very quickly and people will go back to FUT.

I went to JB Hi Fi and apparently the game isn't in store until 19 September. Where did you buy it?

Great to read everyones enjoying it..mines due today after a 10 hr work training course ...has the day one patch been applied yet ? Wasn't sure how it worked as the US have had the game all week
day one patch not again at least for me

In Australia its been delayed until 19th for all stores. Not sure who to blame for this, but a change in date, this late, is atrocious...
I always got physical copies in the past, but after EB told me they weren't getting it today, ie. 14th, I got my pre order money back and DLed from the psn store.. Dl'ed it last night for $15 cheaper than EB, and the DL completed early this morning... so yeah.. id just buy it online.. depending on your internet connection. Btw, for you Aussies who love online gaming (I'm more of an offline kinda guy), I'm getting NBN (quicker internet in Australia) very soon, and hanging to play some full manual online games ;)

Surprised by the positive feedback here. The game is awesome. But need some adjustment on tactics, improve foul and reduce the effectiveness of through ball (high/ground) on the flanks as it abused a lot by the cpu

yep agree with all of those points. good to hear adam Bhatti has mentioned 'lack of fouls' as something he'll pass onto team, or already working things out??? Tactics isn't something ive tinkered with yet, using default strategies for now, but I have also noticed the high through balls. Considering these are the only preliminary faults for now, I'm pretty impressed.. no real game breakers.. fingers crossed. Ok.. time to apply christiano92's OF and play some EPL ;)

I'm from melbourne, played 5 guys from South America all lag free, loved every game, no more cheap goals from crossing, get punished for over pressing, seriously awesome, Konami are very disapponting from a business point of view, they could've made a lot of money from people buying coins to open more balls, IF they had a lot of different modes, whoever is in charge is losing them a lot of money this year i reckon, cos modes they have currently will get boring very quickly and people will go back to FUT.
Mate this is unbelievably good news. Very happy, cant wait to play tonight

I
I created a US account and bought it online, couldn't wait another week lol
I preordered last week from PSN store AU for $85. Downloaded it on Tuesday. Easy. I don't buy physical copies anymore, it's very satisfying having all the games installed on the drive and not having to get up and change the disc! haha

In Australia its been delayed until 19th for all stores. Not sure who to blame for this, but a change in date, this late, is atrocious...
I always got physical copies in the past, but after EB told me they weren't getting it today, ie. 14th, I got my pre order money back and DLed from the psn store.. Dl'ed it last night for $15 cheaper than EB, and the DL completed early this morning... so yeah.. id just buy it online.. depending on your internet connection. Btw, for you Aussies who love online gaming (I'm more of an offline kinda guy), I'm getting NBN (quicker internet in Australia) very soon, and hanging to play some full manual online games ;)

Keen to play full manual. PS ID acer0237. Add me

... What a truly amazing game PES 2018 (regular ps4) is. I haven't even tinkered or thought too much about tactics etc, but purely on a gameplay, look and feel point of view, this game is absolutely stunning. It really looks and plays/feels like a dream..like football ought to be. Ive only played 3 games, SS, Full Manual, default speed, and its the perfect speed for me. Noticably slower on default than the demo. Ill try -1 as proposed by a few of you on this board, but I'm currently very happy with default. The passing (particularly ground), player movement, and shooting (thank heavens) have all increased in weight from the demo. Just to be clear, I liked the demo, but this feels and looks so much better. I think the shooting is amazing, and the variety in power and direction has vastly improved.

I played the fifa demo for 30mins last night (that's all I could take), and it just doesn't seem to look or feel right. The feeling I get is that PES is far smoother than Fifa in its gameplay, running at a better framerate (I'm talking about ps4 versions), and has a much smoother panning as the ball is passed from left to right. Fifa for me is kinda jerky if that makes sense, and together with the apple sized football, unique player physics and running animations, I cannot understand those who prefer this over this year's PES. Anyways, the point I'm making is that im glad to have briefly played the FIFA demo, as its heightened my enjoyment with the feeling of PES 2018. Although ive barely scratched the surface with only 3 games of play (and some time in training mode), I'm very damn impressed :) HAPPY DAYS!!!

Surprised you lasted 30 mins with the FIFA demo. I couldnt even complete one game before I turned it off. Rubbish compared to PES 2018

Same here,testing the two teams I've done.
But pleasantly surprised how good Roma played against me in my ML.
Not backing down, aggressive pressure.
Bit to passive on the wings when defending,but all in all they had a good setting out of the box.

exactly this!

Enjoying seeing everyone loving it after tweaking bits and bobs. Unfortunately I just can't sit there making edits to every team in the game after every patch just to make the AI playable :(

Got it yesterday on PS4 and was able to play 3 CL matches only.

The beta felt great...the demo took me a lot of time to let it click.
But the full game felt great, even in the first match!

The gameplay is amazing.
Played CL with MD White and had a look on my TV when Real was playing Apoel.

Like I said, this game gets so fucking close to a real TV broadcast!

What I also like a lot is the transition from scoring and cheering. When a player scores he cheers ion the same movement he makes.
In earlier releases he scored...looked stupid for half a second, was like "Huh? Oh...I scored...YEAH!" but here it looks so lifelike. (Hope I could describe it properly).

Didn´t notice any animation cuts compared to the demo or beta, by the way.

Animations are fucking great! Sitting here in my office, supposed to do some work but can´t wait getting home to play that thing.
At least, reading pages here is a little cheer up :)

Didn´t notice any animation cuts compared to the demo or beta, by the way.

Animations are fucking great! Sitting here in my office, supposed to do some work but can´t wait getting home to play that thing.
At least, reading pages here is a little cheer up :)

People think there are cuts, because it's not as frantic, you don't see as much happen per game as in the demo.

Also i unlocked Legend mode, played it this morning, a couple of games in i have a few findings:

• The AI is so much more aggressive on legend, they don't give you any space they close down all the time. Much more physical
  • I initially started playing with manual passing against Legend, it was very challenging, but i didn't feel cheated once. the AI dominated but only won 1-0 they missed shots and my keeper saved a lot and they mis passed a few times. Very enjoyable, very challenging.
  • I said let's see if it's easier on PA1, I tried it and i was a different game, it was much more robotic. I felt AI was impossibly too good, passing had no error at all, I couldn't see the ball.
  • Went back to manual and it was much more realistic and AI was not so impossible to beat, they lost the ball more, etc. Now more than ever i believe the AI error is dependent on the passing assistance level we play on.

i havent started playing -1 as the pace is pretty good this year at 0! one thing i want to do is play MC this year so playing 2 different speed settings (off and online) isnt my cup of tea. so ill stick with gs0 for now...
ill give -1 a try for sure but did not have the time yet.

after CL last night, i was watching german conference, i played 2 random selection matches against a buddy. my first 2 matches of PES2018! and i'm more than happy that this mode made it back to PES!! unbelievable fun to steal and protect players!!!!! :ROCK:
i just couldnt stop to grin all over my face when my friend tried to get lewandowski 2 times and i blocked him...!!! :PP :))

as i had to go to bed because of work today, i squeezed in my first ML match with RB Leipzig (prof. 15min, fm)... just to quick check on ML... this first match against the AI was pretty... decent... life like... awesome!

it ended 3:2 for me! and what a match that was. i felt challengend and satisfied! i got up 1:0, 1:1. i got up 2:1 again. 2:2. and then in the final minutes... i was patient... really patient... i tapped the ball in underneath the keeper. such a lovely tap in by the penalty area rushing Forsberg! man... what a relieve!

i just cant wait to get back on the controller. "sadly" i have to play a cup semi final tonight after work. i hope i can get PES out of my head at least for that match! ;) and then i want to go home and keep on playing ML!!! :...

btw: like the fact that advanced instr. are disabled by default! AND: 3 fouls (1 fk at goal) by the AI in my first match! none by myself!

Last edited:
Waiting for day patch plus OF to arrive to go and get my copy. But...

you guys saw Messi's first goal the other day, didn't you? A goal that would be called bullshit on PES 2018 :D

Back
Top Bottom