PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Very nice move,don't wanna play @Lami online,seems like a beast.
Liked the gameplay
Will try it out in an hour and a half myself
Lol, I'm anything but. Just trying to get my realistic approach intact :)

2nd half here

Didn't catch how you did set up your defending,or did I miss it?
In your two vids @Lami
It played very well

Do you mean Defensive instructions? If so, All-out defense, middle, aggressive, max defensive line and compactness. You can change all out defense to frontline pressure see if you prefer that. Also maybe loosen up the compactness a point or 2 see how that works.

I've also used the wing back option from advanced instructions. Also sometimes used the "Defensive" option under advanced instructions, under "Attack1" to anchor a DMF at the back. Testing things out.

Lol, I'm anything but. Just trying to get my realistic approach intact :)

2nd half here

Do you mean Defensive instructions? If so, All-out defense, middle, aggressive, max defensive line and compactness. You can change all out defense to frontline pressure see if you prefer that. Also maybe loosen up the compactness a point or 2 see how that works.
Cheers mate,yeah I changed to frontline pressure the last 20 min of my game,worked well
Deffo looks good in your vids
Ps don't play SS and manual,you'll get murdered.
True story,just got served properly on my game

Play on superstar,it'll be fun they say!
Got killed big time
20 min,manual,superstar, -1 game speed
Nothing special in this clip,just showing how the game flows,and how stunning it looks
And from my previous post,secondary player icon,it's needed I think,cpu will destroy you otherwise
Konami,if they fix the fouls,got a beast here,so innovative compared to other game,and also their own older games

Cheers mate,yeah I changed to frontline pressure the last 20 min of my game,worked well
Deffo looks good in your vids
Ps don't play SS and manual,you'll get murdered.
True story,just got served properly on my game
I'm never touching SS. Tried it once and it's not my cup of tea, at all. CPU's too perfect and precise all the time. Dropped it to TP and felt challenging enough with a "human" feel to it.

I'm never touching SS. Tried it once and it's not my cup of tea, at all. CPU's too perfect and precise all the time. Dropped it to TP and felt challenging enough with a "human" feel to it.
Played my second ML on 17,three seasons on TP,and it was the right balance
First career,5 seasons on SS,when super-cpu kicked in,you were a goner.
So I might drop down to TP here as well
Honestly,the best difficulty,bit to easy though,is Professional,hardly any scripting at all

Played my second ML on 17,three seasons on TP,and it was the right balance
First career,5 seasons on SS,when super-cpu kicked in,you were a goner.
So I might drop down to TP here as well
Honestly,the best difficulty,bit to easy though,is Professional,hardly any scripting at all
Professional used to be my preference every year but it's not cutting it for me in 2018.

I might change my mind after starting a competition and heavy scripting kicks in ;)

We need a tactics fix to act like the sliders for fifa and hopefully better as we can give teams individuality ourselves.

Main issues so far playing the CPU:

-very deep defensive line that falls all the way to the six yard box instead of stepping up

-toothless AI, every game ends 0-0 on 12 minutes on Legndary, Top player is slightly better. I played some BAL and the AI vs AI is better than 2017 but needs tweaking.

- Too easy to cross and too much space

- Repetitive rebounded goals, very scripted and tedious

And of course the well documented lack of fouls and penalties which makes every match repetitive because the goals are coming from the same sources, no set pieces no red cards nothing.

Still needs work but I think the community can make some progress!

We need a tactics fix to act like the sliders for fifa and hopefully better as we can give teams individuality ourselves.

-very deep defensive line that falls all the way to the six yard box instead of stepping up

-toothless AI, every game ends 0-0 on 12 minutes on Legndary, Top player is slightly better. I played some BAL and the AI vs AI is better than 2017 but needs tweaking.

And of course the well documented lack of fouls and penalties which makes every match repetitive because the goals are coming from the same sources, no set pieces no red cards nothing.

Very easy to fix,making the game much more enjoyable.
Scroll through the tactics thread,fast and easy tweaks
I had absolutely great games,loads of build up play by cpu and got my ass kicked on SS manual,by a aggressive cpu

Very easy to fix,making the game much more enjoyable.
Scroll through the tactics thread,fast and easy tweaks
I had absolutely great games,loads of build up play by cpu and got my ass kicked on SS manual,by a aggressive cpu

Oh there's a thread already? Great I'll have a look!

The PC version could be a winner IMHO

Try these settings shez:

And/Or venture into the tactics thread :)

Hi guys - just wanted to know if there is the ability to get custom kits for the XBOX one version. Been playing this game non-stop but it would be really nice to have the full teams. BTW, are most of you playing on -1 game speed. Seems to be the most fluid setting so far.

Started a ML.
Top player 20 min manual passing,-1
Roma hammered me 2-0 (Milan)
Tough game this.
Only downside,and that's the only for me,is fouls.
Otherwise,it's a stunning game,the movement,and surprisingly,the shooting,great.
Thanx to the community for tactics and editing tips
It's kip time,5:19 am here so...

For now I'm just testing it on 2 teams. One weaker and one stronger to see how both deal with the same tactics applied. So far I've won against the smaller team but lost to Arsenal. Will do more testing.
just be careful about doing alot of work on the sides, knowing konami when they bring a patch out, can wipe out all the hard work, shits me when that happens

Guys. Any news on online play? How is the lag? Especially from those players in Oz, I'd be interested to hear if they finally got rid of the lag...

I just fixed the opponent having frontline pressure,short passing,maintain positioning,high defensive line,set advanced tactics to wing backs,and aggressive pressuring.
A whole new game mate

That's what I'm afraid of.

just be careful about doing alot of work on the sides, knowing konami when they bring a patch out, can wipe out all the hard work, shits me when that happens

thats true, guys wait at least the first day one update before starting your kind of edited gaming

Guys. Any news on online play? How is the lag? Especially from those players in Oz, I'd be interested to hear if they finally got rid of the lag...
I'm from melbourne, played 5 guys from South America all lag free, loved every game, no more cheap goals from crossing, get punished for over pressing, seriously awesome, Konami are very disapponting from a business point of view, they could've made a lot of money from people buying coins to open more balls, IF they had a lot of different modes, whoever is in charge is losing them a lot of money this year i reckon, cos modes they have currently will get boring very quickly and people will go back to FUT.

... What a truly amazing game PES 2018 (regular ps4) is. I haven't even tinkered or thought too much about tactics etc, but purely on a gameplay, look and feel point of view, this game is absolutely stunning. It really looks and plays/feels like a dream..like football ought to be. Ive only played 3 games, SS, Full Manual, default speed, and its the perfect speed for me. Noticably slower on default than the demo. Ill try -1 as proposed by a few of you on this board, but I'm currently very happy with default. The passing (particularly ground), player movement, and shooting (thank heavens) have all increased in weight from the demo. Just to be clear, I liked the demo, but this feels and looks so much better. I think the shooting is amazing, and the variety in power and direction has vastly improved.

I played the fifa demo for 30mins last night (that's all I could take), and it just doesn't seem to look or feel right. The feeling I get is that PES is far smoother than Fifa in its gameplay, running at a better framerate (I'm talking about ps4 versions), and has a much smoother panning as the ball is passed from left to right. Fifa for me is kinda jerky if that makes sense, and together with the apple sized football, unique player physics and running animations, I cannot understand those who prefer this over this year's PES. Anyways, the point I'm making is that im glad to have briefly played the FIFA demo, as its heightened my enjoyment with the feeling of PES 2018. Although ive barely scratched the surface with only 3 games of play (and some time in training mode), I'm very damn impressed :) HAPPY DAYS!!!

Back
Top Bottom