PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I don't know if he has seen it and honestly, after the support he's given to the community (he approached me to arrange review code more than I approached him), I sort of hope he doesn't...

But trust me, he doesn't get bombarded with "the king is back" and nothing else. He has a ton of shitty comments to deal with, to the point where you can entirely understand that honest criticism could be lost in the noise. I'd hope he'd treat that video as honest criticism, but who knows.

I did send him a message a couple of days ago with some feedback, though. Like I say, he's a genuine guy and he takes far too much hate from people who are just looking for a punching bag.
fair enough thanks Chris

I'm doing 15 mins. It's what I've always played. I don't think I can do 20 mins. It feels too long.

Understandable. I was doing 20min matches in pes2017, my thinking is that if defences are hard to break down, then playing just an extra 2.5 minutes per half is not so bad, and even helps with the pace of the game, not worrying that you only have X minutes of real time to come up with a goal.

So if the AI could just chill out for a few moments when playing for longer, it could improve the game. Of course if the game is constantly end to end and balls are bombed down the wings all the time, 15 minutes would feel like an eternity, yeah.

Last edited:
I don't know if he has seen it and honestly, after the support he's given to the community (he approached me to arrange review code more than I approached him), I sort of hope he doesn't...

But trust me, he doesn't get bombarded with "the king is back" and nothing else. He has a ton of shitty comments to deal with, to the point where you can entirely understand that honest criticism could be lost in the noise. I'd hope he'd treat that video as honest criticism, but who knows.

I did send him a message a couple of days ago with some feedback, though. Like I say, he's a genuine guy and he takes far too much hate from people who are just looking for a punching bag.
I've had a few convos with him on social media,and yes,agree totally, approach a person with genuine question ,and he'll respond accordingly.
He took time to answer a few questions I had in the middle of a hectic Gamescon.

"Removed animations"....hard to buy that.

I hope not :(
so i did some experimenting, seems like on PA1 the animations are there. Also maybe they are skill based but not sure. About to go back to manual. The thru ball animations are sweet, but PA1 is way to easy, maybe i need to change difficultuy level. I will say night games look fantastic. No need to even care about night vs day now.

I have and odd and silly question. If i edit a PES UNITED kit with the EDIT tools (directly from the game) and use it on my club, what kit will show to my opponent online?

so i did some experimenting, seems like on PA1 the animations are there. Also maybe they are skill based but not sure. About to go back to manual. The thru ball animations are sweet, but PA1 is way to easy, maybe i need to change difficultuy level. I will say night games look fantastic. No need to even care about night vs day now.
You can choose now?
Night or day I mean

Honestly fellas I'm loving this game, decided to play it on -1 speedand to me it has taken the game to another level, the individuality in all areas stand out even more, I strongly believe this is the speed they had originally at E3. I was hesitant at the start cos with pes17 when u dropped it to -1 the CPU AI was abit delayed and they used to overrun the ball and disposess them easily, but not with pes 18, I really wanna hear back from someone who has played at that speed and there thoughts.

Honestly fellas I'm loving this game, decided to play it on -1 speedand to me it has taken the game to another level, the individuality in all areas stand out even more, I strongly believe this is the speed they had originally at E3. I was hesitant at the start cos with pes17 when u dropped it to -1 the CPU AI was abit delayed and they used to overrun the ball and disposess them easily, but not with pes 18, I really wanna hear back from someone who has played at that speed and there thoughts.
Yeah i play on -1 also & it's fantastic. The game feels much more balanced and weighty. The dribbling and animations appear smoother & that tiny little bit of delay you get with everything brings a sense of timing to each movement which i personally think is realistic. Love the slower ball pace that comes with -1 as well. Individuality definitely feels more pronounced.

I've really enjoyed what i've played so far. Only a few games in but plenty of variation. Games have been 0-0, 1-1 and 3-1. Shooting definitely better but by no means perfect. Definitely more variation adn weight. I've also noticed stamina is far better represented, anyone else agree?

Also, had this effort with Kane which made me jump out of my seat.

Sweet,making my own opinion up on this game,but having that option is good,would like to be able to set home/away support aswell,like the old games.
Thanx pal
I'm uploading a video of my first half I just played after changing a few options. Upload speed isn't the best here so hopefully should be ready in an hour half.

I've also noticed stamina is far better represented, anyone else agree?
I do agree - didn't test it scientifically or anything so didn't mention it in the video review, but I felt it was improved.

However, I've got an ML going where I'm 6-7 games in, and they're all 90%-100% fit. It's very rare I have to make a change pre-game (ML just becomes "Press 'Next' Simulator"), and it's such a shame given that it seems a little better during matches.

Good news since I want to play minus one on 17,but players get sluggish in movement.
Will try minus one on 18 once it's DL
Cheers Jimi

I'm uploading a video of my first half I just played after changing a few options. Upload speed isn't the best here so hopefully should be ready in an hour half.
Great Laminate,on my way out to buy xb1 voucher's for the game (credit card fraud a few times,so no card for me online)
Please do and I'll watch it later on
Thanx bro

I've really enjoyed what i've played so far. Only a few games in but plenty of variation. Games have been 0-0, 1-1 and 3-1. Shooting definitely better but by no means perfect. Definitely more variation adn weight. I've also noticed stamina is far better represented, anyone else agree?

Also, had this effort with Kane which made me jump out of my seat.

That's sweet.

Balls to it..I am buying this. I NEED a football game and FIFA 18 is hideous so may as well get this, even if it's for multiplayer only!

Back
Top Bottom