PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Thanks Chris Davies for vindicating what so many here already mentioned so many times. As I stated before, the game in its current state is a mess for people seeking a nice single player experience against the AI. Something that was the strength of the game in its heyday. Playing another person is probably the only way to have a semblance of normal behavior on the pitch. With FIFA 18 demo being a massive disappointment too, it seems that these companies have moved away from authentic football to fantasy football, from footballing fundamentals to quick satisfaction and most importantly from the adage of "Easy to pick up, hard to master" to "Easy to pick up, easy to master".

Patches may still redeem what still has the potential to be a great game, but with how Konami operate (Both their development teams and PR machine) this seems unlikely as long people keep buying it in droves.

.. Hey Aussie Pes fans, holy shit I'm bumbed.. went to Eb today to confirm picking up the game tomorrow (which I had on pre order), only for them to tell me its been delayed until 19th in Australia. Was so looking fwd to having the next 2 days off and playing this game. Now it looks like ill be dl it from the psn store, and without a quick internet connection it could take an entire day to dl. I'm pissed to put it mildly. Where are the rest of you Aussies getting the game from???
Well that sucks. If only big W and target sold pes. They always have the best prices.

Some ppl say the game is a mess , some say it is fantastic , different opinions different ppl . That is whybI do not watch reviews of games , shows etc . Instead I am giving it a try to see if I will like it , cuz at the end of the day it does not matter what the reviewer said if I am having fun with end product .

.. Hey Aussie Pes fans, holy shit I'm bumbed.. went to Eb today to confirm picking up the game tomorrow (which I had on pre order), only for them to tell me its been delayed until 19th in Australia. Was so looking fwd to having the next 2 days off and playing this game. Now it looks like ill be dl it from the psn store, and without a quick internet connection it could take an entire day to dl. I'm pissed to put it mildly. Where are the rest of you Aussies getting the game from???

I got mine from the PSN store last night and it downloaded by the next morning. $85

Thanks Chris Davis for vindicating what so many here already mentioned so many times. As I stated before, the game in its current state is a mess for people seeking a nice single player experience against the AI. Something that was the strength of the game in its heyday. Playing another person is probably the only way to have a semblance of normal behavior on the pitch. With FIFA 18 demo being a massive disappointment too, it seems that these companies have moved away from authentic football to fantasy football, from footballing fundamentals to quick satisfaction and most importantly from the adage of "Easy to pick up, hard to master" to "Easy to pick up, easy to master".

Patches may still redeem what still has the potential to be a great game, but with how Konami operate (Both their development teams and PR machine) this seems unlikely as long people keep buying it in droves.
agree 100% bro. but against AI i think PES is better than EA's game.

I got mine from the PSN store last night and it downloaded by the next morning. $85
Ta for info..yeh just bought it now n its dling. When can u actually play it?12am 14th...or earlier? Surely a dled game cannot be delayed in terms of when u can actually play it?

Thanks Chris Davis for vindicating what so many here already mentioned so many times. As I stated before, the game in its current state is a mess for people seeking a nice single player experience against the AI. Something that was the strength of the game in its heyday. Playing another person is probably the only way to have a semblance of normal behavior on the pitch. With FIFA 18 demo being a massive disappointment too, it seems that these companies have moved away from authentic football to fantasy football, from footballing fundamentals to quick satisfaction and most importantly from the adage of "Easy to pick up, hard to master" to "Easy to pick up, easy to master".

agree 100% bro. but against AI i think PES is better than EA's game.

Not played yet PES 2018, but played yesterday FIFA demo (after 17 years since the last FIFA :NO: ) and i definitively don't like that... first match played (i think was on def settings) i won 4 a 0 (psg juventus) buffon loks like an octogenarian , i'm unable to defend but the opposite never bite (loosing a lot of chances), so after a bit i've tried at legendary versus real and i loose (3-0 ). Nice to se a lot of sliders on games plan but changing that doesn't seems to change much. Btw i really liked the cutscene and the immersion is good out the field, but over the pitch i don't like the game (probably i'm too much used with PES), faces are for sure better in pes. Anyway i think is also a good game, but is not for me
For sure both game could give more than that.. Konami superficiality is a big trouble, tons of little things are really easy to fix but they forgot them every years, maybe are they scared to have nothing to improve in the future? I don't know how many people works on PES every year, but to fix the most of trouble a couple of guys are enough and for sure that doesn't require 3 years of work... but fix the Konami illogic is pretty impossible, until they lock stadium for continent
like that https://twitter.com/Adam_Bhatti/status/904808400109932544 without a reason every hopes to comunicate something is useless.
Pes have a lot of lacks due license, but they should exploit the few things that they have not limit that for unknow reasons (like stadiums)

Just order it through Simply Games for £35.

Does anyone know if there is import limits this year? It would be great if there was no limit and a 'create extra team or league' feature. Some of last years classic teams people made were great, but you were limited to the spaces in the game.

Also, being able to select teams from previous installations to upgrade would be good so that people didn't need to start again with creating classic teams.

As an Xbox One player I wasn't going to buy due to lack of decent editing options but... can somebody please confirm whether Japanese commentary is available on the EU / UK version ? If that's there then suddenly all the stuff that annoys me about lack of authenticity on Xbox would go out of the window !

For sure both game could give more than that.. Konami superficiality is a big trouble, tons of little things are really easy to fix but they forgot them every years, maybe are they scared to have nothing to improve in the future? I don't know how many people works on PES every year, but to fix the most of trouble a couple of guys are enough and for sure that doesn't require 3 years of work...
funny, but true. Just small stuff fixed would make it much better.

Guys, trust me. As for the AI, you have nothing to worry about. Don't let regular exhibition mode fool you. The AI plays Mr. Nice guy there. Play only versus mode and then take it to another level after you unlock 'legend' difficulty. I promise you, you will lose all your games (unless you're some god at this game, you might get away with a draw) it is sooo HARD. I only got to dribble past the defense like once or twice - that Neymar goal I shared) the AI will stick to you like white on rice and is VERY aggressive. Some games they fouled more than I did! Also, wait till you set up rivals in edit mode and play that difficulty.

Also, top players like Messi, Bale, Ronaldo, Suarez etc don't F around. Give them a sniff of the goal and you will be punished.

Guys, trust me. As for the AI, you have nothing to worry about. Don't let regular exhibition mode fool you. The AI plays Mr. Nice guy there. Play only versus mode and then take it to another level after you unlock 'legend' difficulty. I promise you, you will lose all your games (unless you're some god at this game, you might get away with a draw) it is sooo HARD. I only got to dribble past the defense like once or twice - that Neymar goal I shared) the AI will stick to you like white on rice and is VERY aggressive. Some games they fouled more than I did! Also, wait till you set up rivals in edit mode and play that difficulty.

thnks, but could you proof that with some screens about fouls (match statistic) ?

Thats why i always get it on PSN, mine has downloaded and ready to play in 4 hours, i used to go through what happened to you mate, hopefully it finishes downloading for you overnight, i can feel your pain.

must be that crap shipping over waters excuse, to increase prices. :TD:
i forgot it's digital download. shit i wonder what others in world pay? like Russian or Mexico with bad economy. They must really over pay.

i was in serbia last year and new release current generation games there are not cheap! about the same price as us in australia, i dont know who can afford such luxury over there because of the low standard of living...

As an Xbox One player I wasn't going to buy due to lack of decent editing options but... can somebody please confirm whether Japanese commentary is available on the EU / UK version ? If that's there then suddenly all the stuff that annoys me about lack of authenticity on Xbox would go out of the window !

the south americans got preferential treatment and got the japanese commentary included in their region's version of pes for the first time with 2018. while the rest of us who have been screaming for it for years, nothing

I should put a disclaimer on there, as I have a 42 inch TV and don't sit that close so if I was closer I'd be ok with a less zoomed in view. But I also like the dynamic cam view on FIFA and prefer to have something similar. Give it a go and see what you think!
Yeah I play with the broadcast cam on fiffa,gets some getting used to,gonna give it a go on 18
Think it's the pace,0 on 17 that makes it a bit to fast

Back
Top Bottom