PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Neymar scores against Barca! Lost the previous match 3-1 and this one ended 3-3. This is on legend difficulty. STILL haven't beaten the CPU. I had to work for this goal lol

If any of you has started a ML,how's the schedule?
Is it still that insane setup,2 away games then one at home followed by two away again?
Even worse when you play European games,you could have 1 home game the first 6-7 games

BTW i just received this in the office, can't wait to get home!
laXXzRv.jpg

they included a millennial spinny thing for whatever reason
Because they know you'll be fidgeting around a lot ;)

What bugs me is that we have been screaming about this for ages. I spammed them with the issue on 2017. What made them now take note after the demo only hit.

I suspect they needed more people to complain

Years man. YEARS. For years I've been doing it (in addition to mentioning other obvious faults too). And all I get in response from the UK office is "It's your opinion". Sigh. This response happened a good number of times, and it's so off-putting every time. You show them the obvious with videos and it's the same response. You show them a group complaining and it's the same response accompanied with "you're but a tiny drop in the ocean" or something along them lines.

Fouls in football games is NOT an opinion. It's a real thing. It is fundamental. You hardly ever see a football match without fouls. That's almost impossible. Even random alley 1 v 1 matches with slippers as goal posts have fouls. Even the most friendliest of international 40+ yr old celebrity and friends games have fouls. Even my 6 yr old daughter resorts to pulling my shorts and shoving me off the ball when I'm doing Zidane roulettes and Cruyff turns around her. It's just in our nature. We can't help it. Adrenaline rush and excitement and impulsive anger and all that. And some of you wonder why I'm frustrated. It's like talking to a brick wall that office. Gah.

So at least, FINALLY, something's being done about it.

Alright - I've played a few games (had to stop to watch the Bake Off as well...) all on superstar difficulty, 13 minute games and a variety of camera angles.

...Another really fun game! This was the first game trying the 8,3,4 pitchside camera that @CalcioCalabrese recommended and really felt fun.
Great volley! Thanks for trying the camera angle. I quite enjoyed it. When I pick up a copy of the game I'll try it as well.

Alright - I've played a few games (had to stop to watch the Bake Off as well...) all on superstar difficulty, 13 minute games and a variety of camera angles.

Started with Chelsea vs. Spurs on superstar, I managed to win this one 1-0 and had a really decent first half before just being swamped in the second half, barely felt like I could get any decent flurries of attack together and a combination of Courtois and poor Harry Kane finishing kept me ahead. Enjoyable game though, scored from a corner with Matic after a decent save from Lloris too - I'll upload the entire game as it's always a nice one to look back on.

Played against AS Roma in the Champions League next, conceded a goal from Strootman after some nice work in the final third by the AI. They really are a lot more decisive in and around the box compared to last years game, felt like they had an idea of what they wanted to do and made it a lot more tricky to defend against. Grabbed an equaliser with a brilliant Hazard volley before the game petered out to a 1-1 draw, couldn't really force any amazing chances and felt like I was too reliant on going through Hazard to do anything.

Last game before Bake Off started and I went for Spain vs. Italy. Considering I had won a game and drawn one I should have been aware what was coming next. I got absolutely battered. 3-0 loss to Italy, they played around Belotti up front so well. Veratti man handled Isco & David Silva in midfield and Morata couldn't do a thing against Barzagli and Chiellini at the back, really tough game but a game that I definitely had chances. I dominated the first half and a pretty unfortunate bounce off Carvajal into Belotti's path meant I went in at 1-0 down rather than 0-0 but dominating. Then they switched tactics. I went from 4-3-3 to a 4-2-4, they swapped to a 4-5-1 and just loaded the midfield and swamped me, couldn't get anything out from Pique or Ramos and it was 3-0 pretty soon after. AI seemed to adopt quite well to my changes and I didn't feel hard done by the result either!

Jumped back on quickly for another game now before calling it a night (5am train to London is the bane of my Wednesdays) and decided to play as Chelsea vs. Arsenal. Scored early on with Costa after Kante slipped him through on the right side of the box, low shot towards the near post just squeezed in and then proceeded to get pretty much controlled by Arsenal for most of the game even though I had a lot of possession. Felt like I couldn't get past the back 3 at all, I was in control but only because they sort of let me be in control. Welbeck missed an open goal for them, I missed a 1 on 1 with Willian somehow putting it over the bar and then a last chance for Giroud hit the post and it ended 1-0 to me! Another really fun game! This was the first game trying the 8,3,4 pitchside camera that @CalcioCalabrese recommended and really felt fun.

Can't judge the game off one night of playing, 4 matches and a total of around 52 minutes of match time but it was a good basis. Enjoyed the games, definitely excited to play more - really looking forward to the patch tomorrow or Thursday with updated transfers etc. as well and then the option files for the kits from Thursday. I'll probably try and put a more detailed 'review' together rather than just day 1 experience after a few weeks of playing. Sorry for the huge wall of text.
Great volley mate.
Bake off....wut..? :)

Demo has been great these last few weeks. Every time i play i discover something new. Just played fifa 18 demo, its night and day compared to pes. Pes on manual feels like real football, or damn close to it. Cant wait for midnight tonight

I played 4-3-3,or was it 4-4-3 on my 17,amazing,a bit hectic being on manual and 0 game speed,but for 18,I'll probably go for it 8-4-3 angle
I should put a disclaimer on there, as I have a 42 inch TV and don't sit that close so if I was closer I'd be ok with a less zoomed in view. But I also like the dynamic cam view on FIFA and prefer to have something similar. Give it a go and see what you think!

I know this isn't the FIFA forum but I think it's fair to compare the games. Tried the FIFA demo yesterday, still a lack of individuality and awful player models puts me off but the shooting, WOW, great feeling, I even got stuck in the training mode that pops up when you wait for the game to start, so much different animations and you can really "feel" the weight of the ball when it hits the foot etc.
i totally agree about shooting,if PES has FIFA shooting it will be easy the best footy game ever!
but the ingame player models and every player feels the same in FIFA and the pace is awful!
PES for me this year!

well, after playing just 1 game of Fifa 18 demo, iv'e come to appreciate PES 18 more. This game is more exciting because the control is better. More balanced game too. Fox engine definitely looks better. Better animations, shooting and looser touch in 2019 and PES will easily be superior game. Just look back 3 years on both games and it's clear who has evolved.

How many more partnerships have to be announced yet?

well, after playing just 1 game of Fifa 18 demo, iv'e come to appreciate PES 18 more. This game is more exciting because the control is better. More balanced game too. Fox engine definitely looks better. Better animations, shooting and looser touch in 2019 and PES will easily be superior game. Just look back 3 years on both games and it's clear who has evolved.

I agree I am glad I played FIFA demo because it makes me appreciate this a lot more.

One game. You gave it a fair chance then!
Both games are nowhere near the level they should be.

To be fair he is right. I have played a lot of the FIFA demo now and it just highlights how amazing this pes demo really is..think I am done with FIFA as a series it's too frantic and seriously lacks player individuality.

I can't wait for pes 2018 release isn't it tomorrow in UK?

Another question: do you all turn off 'second player' cursor or whatever it's called (the new addition). I have been turning it off but wonder if I am missing out on something?

Both games are nowhere near the level they should be.
that's not fair, i just said what i felt after 1 game and can't see it improving with 100 more games. After 1 game of PES 5/6 i knew it was gold. You can tell a lot from 1 game. Response, AI, graphics, animations, player likeness, game speed, and presentation. Your right about both games are nowhere near the level they should be though. But hopefully this changes now sense Konami finally woke up.

Tbh FIFA is better at the atmosphere , presentation , replays , shooting , commentary . I do not like the player movement , nets , ball physics , I do not even like how the camera is moving when u pass the ball . Oh yea , FIFA is also better at fouls . Night matches are terrible , too dark .

Only first impressions, played a quick 5 ML games on Superstar. For me a lot of the issues from 17 are still there. Rubber banding is worse for me, my full backs were slower in either final 2 thirds (you see the accelerate in the middle 3rd). The number of times I broke the defensive line only to have the CB catch up and yank back my player. On the flip side of this a I couldn't catch up with a 74 pace player in a one on one chase from half way. Player switching is really slow and the sometimes makes the player run in the wrong direction. Defenders running through my players when trying to hold the ball up. All teams no matter how weak passing like Brazil. Also the plughole effect is still there, where a no matter what you do in your 18yard box all your clearances go to the opposition and you get an instant perfect long ball back at you. Tackling was very dubious, bookings for tackles that looked fine. Was awarded my first foul in game 5.

They are good points but its mainly polish on last years game. negotiations are better I like the new system. Only issue there is release clauses are way too low. You can pick training for youth players.

Final point, No updated transfers for me yesterday, hope they come today.

Are the toothless defensively like in the demo? this is my main worry and nobody seems to have said anything :D

edit: just read Chris' review :(

Some new legends from the commentary
https://twitter.com/leothug20

- Gerrard
- Van Der Sar
- Eto'o
- Bebeto
- Hierro
- Del Piero
- Djorkaeff
- Guardiola
- Dugarry
- Bastituta
- Overmars
- Redondo
- Van Basten
- Van Nistelrooy
- Eusebio
- Ronaldo
- Ronaldinho
- Romario
- Roberto Baggio
- Laudrup
- Bergkamp
- Stankovic
- Shevchenko
- Zidane
- Taffarel
- Seedorf
- Saviola
- Djalminha
- Ademir da Guia
- Henry
- De La Pena
- Owen
- Reiziger
- Van Bommel
- Berger
- Bergomi
- Shearer
- Savicevic
- Scholes
- Schuster
- Deco
- Adriano
- Zambrotta
- Zamorano
- Zola
- Zorc
- Zubizarreta

Thx Leothug
Some new

- Desailly
- Rui Costa
- Makélélé
- Maldini

Some new about the Data pack ?

.. Hey Aussie Pes fans, holy shit I'm bumbed.. went to Eb today to confirm picking up the game tomorrow (which I had on pre order), only for them to tell me its been delayed until 19th in Australia. Was so looking fwd to having the next 2 days off and playing this game. Now it looks like ill be dl it from the psn store, and without a quick internet connection it could take an entire day to dl. I'm pissed to put it mildly. Where are the rest of you Aussies getting the game from???

Back
Top Bottom