PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Any possibility to select the Japanese commentary (Jon Kabira) or it is only available for Japanese version Winning eleven? If only we can get the language packs additionally.

Oh mann, i'd love to have the Japanese commentary
why wouldn't Kinami give it to all regions as a gift? or even as a purchasable , for sure i'd pay extra 5-10 usd to get that

1st game out of the way - Chelsea (1P) 1 V 1 Bournemouth (CPU). Superstar, Manual settings. Comments below:

- AI play much better than the demo with more action in midfield and more variation in build up. Much like the sort of AI we come to expect from PES 2017. Very happy! What we were seeing in the demo was almost certainly down to tactical setup.

- Gameplay feels very similar to demo, but I would describe everything as a little 'tighter' (dare I say it feels more like the Beta). I wouldn't surprised if this was just a result of the way the Bournemouth tactics influenced the game. Will try two demo teams eventually to see the difference.

- 0 fouls :(

1st game Played 15 min match. superstar difficulty. didnt touch anything in game plan. I dont know why but the AI was very hard here:

2nd game tweaked some game plan for a tighter game and applied 5sec fix by matt. 15 min. superstar:

Last edited:
5 games in now.

As a solo player i'm close to saying this is the best football game i've played. Unfortunately, the lack fouls almost wants me to call the game broken instead (0 in 5 games). It won't stop me playing it, or even enjoying it, but it is such a shame.

5 games in now.

As a solo player i'm close to saying this is the best football game i've played. Unfortunately, the lack fouls almost wants me to call the game broken instead (0 in 5 games). It won't stop me playing it, or even enjoying it, but it is such a shame.
didn't Adam say that the team is working on this issue and he expects to have a fix in a few weeks?

@Sovereign Hope good to see you struggling to get to grips with it as much as I did (still do).

I wasn't getting anywhere with Bordeaux's 4-3-3 so I change to a more 4-2-4 with Wingers playing more inside and I am having more luck just because I have an extra forward to occupy a defender.

Love seeing the shooting now since the speed has been reduced, looked odd when the game speed had been reduced but the shooting was just as fast

@Sovereign Hope good to see you struggling to get to grips with it as much as I did (still do).

I wasn't getting anywhere with Bordeaux's 4-3-3 so I change to a more 4-2-4 with Wingers playing more inside and I am having more luck just because I have an extra forward to occupy a defender.

Love seeing the shooting now since the speed has been reduced, looked odd when the game speed had been reduced but the shooting was just as fast
Yeah the game speed is similar to beta

I think he said months, at least Konami are aware & if its worth having its worth waiting for.
What bugs me is that we have been screaming about this for ages. I spammed them with the issue on 2017. What made them now take note after the demo only hit.

I suspect they needed more people to complain

I have to state I have a few free kicks on 2017 and 2018 demo. It's the penalties and the inconsistency of the ref online and offline that's a real problem.

On the derby games it was even less of a problem because you got lots of aggression from the AI and subsequent free kicks and bookings. I don't understand why it's such a difficult thing to fix.

That's not what i mean. Can you buy MyClub-points on your european account with the US-version? That is the important question!
If it helps.. last year I purchased the US version of PES 2017. I tried to purchase coins from my Australian PSN store but it didn't work. You have to purchase the coins from the store that the game is from

i just got my us copy and it has japanese commentary.

are you serious?

jwDJx_s-200x150.gif

BTW i just received this in the office, can't wait to get home!
laXXzRv.jpg

they included a millennial spinny thing for whatever reason

Last edited:
Just seen a few passing stats at half time of the CL games, the last PES game I had, had lower pass completion stats than most of those from the CPU.

I genuinely don't have an issue with their passing this year. Could it be a little more varied? Sure, but it's nowhere near as bad as made out imo. Especially compared to the last couple of FIFA's on higher difficulties.

I took a screenshot of the last stats just in case I get called out haha.

Really looking forward to a full day of playing tomorrow. Game has been despatched so as long as royal mail do their jobs, I'll be golden.

Shame editing sites didn't get an early copy this year, think I'll play a CL with a licensed team straight away or potentially serie a. Am I right in saying the league isn't licensed but all teams are?
Except Juve

Home from gigging with the band,SO YOU HAVE TO SPEAK UP !!!
Seriously, looks like good news about the game I was actually gonna wait a while with this game,due to a lot of negativity in here.
But ,man I want this now!!
Appreciated that you guys who have posts stuff in here.
Keep it coming,and thanks

On the derby games it was even less of a problem because you got lots of aggression from the AI and subsequent free kicks and bookings. I don't understand why it's such a difficult thing to fix.

That's why Adam not only said "in a few months" but he also said "MAYBE". ;)
Thing is, the AI is much more passive defensively. The AI has to actually do some sliding tackles and not retreat as much as it does, fouls can't come out of thin air.
(From what I'm seeing pressing is also nerfed a bit when it happens, but not sure).

I started off quite disliking the demo and it's grown on me. I wouldn't say I love it but definitely keen to check out the game for real. Camera angle for me plays a big part and I used Pitchside the other night, modified to 8, 3, 4 and really enjoyed the gameplay - moreso than the angle before I posted which was 7, 2, 2.

One thing that's annoying though is that FIFA will come out at a price of $69 here and PES will be $89 (and never drop by more than $10 which doesn't happen til later in the year).
You're a hero, that 8,3,4 camera on pitchside is so fun. It really does have a classical PES feel too it when you're closer into the pitch/action.

Back
Top Bottom