PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

hmmm not so sure on this one yet... I dont know if its manual passsing or who the player is but lots of the cool animations from the demo and beta are gone, like ozil smacking the ball with the outside of his foot. I hope its not manual vs assistance but im not seeing those awesome passing animations. I will say its a challenge and so far i like the dribbling but still not sure.

are you serious?

jwDJx_s-200x150.gif

BTW i just received this in the office, can't wait to get home!

they included a millennial spinny thing for whatever reason

mine has it !

Attachments

• IMG_0128.JPG
    IMG_0128.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0129.JPG
    IMG_0129.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
Alright - I've played a few games (had to stop to watch the Bake Off as well...) all on superstar difficulty, 13 minute games and a variety of camera angles.

Started with Chelsea vs. Spurs on superstar, I managed to win this one 1-0 and had a really decent first half before just being swamped in the second half, barely felt like I could get any decent flurries of attack together and a combination of Courtois and poor Harry Kane finishing kept me ahead. Enjoyable game though, scored from a corner with Matic after a decent save from Lloris too - I'll upload the entire game as it's always a nice one to look back on.

Played against AS Roma in the Champions League next, conceded a goal from Strootman after some nice work in the final third by the AI. They really are a lot more decisive in and around the box compared to last years game, felt like they had an idea of what they wanted to do and made it a lot more tricky to defend against. Grabbed an equaliser with a brilliant Hazard volley before the game petered out to a 1-1 draw, couldn't really force any amazing chances and felt like I was too reliant on going through Hazard to do anything.

Last game before Bake Off started and I went for Spain vs. Italy. Considering I had won a game and drawn one I should have been aware what was coming next. I got absolutely battered. 3-0 loss to Italy, they played around Belotti up front so well. Veratti man handled Isco & David Silva in midfield and Morata couldn't do a thing against Barzagli and Chiellini at the back, really tough game but a game that I definitely had chances. I dominated the first half and a pretty unfortunate bounce off Carvajal into Belotti's path meant I went in at 1-0 down rather than 0-0 but dominating. Then they switched tactics. I went from 4-3-3 to a 4-2-4, they swapped to a 4-5-1 and just loaded the midfield and swamped me, couldn't get anything out from Pique or Ramos and it was 3-0 pretty soon after. AI seemed to adopt quite well to my changes and I didn't feel hard done by the result either!

Jumped back on quickly for another game now before calling it a night (5am train to London is the bane of my Wednesdays) and decided to play as Chelsea vs. Arsenal. Scored early on with Costa after Kante slipped him through on the right side of the box, low shot towards the near post just squeezed in and then proceeded to get pretty much controlled by Arsenal for most of the game even though I had a lot of possession. Felt like I couldn't get past the back 3 at all, I was in control but only because they sort of let me be in control. Welbeck missed an open goal for them, I missed a 1 on 1 with Willian somehow putting it over the bar and then a last chance for Giroud hit the post and it ended 1-0 to me! Another really fun game! This was the first game trying the 8,3,4 pitchside camera that @CalcioCalabrese recommended and really felt fun.

Can't judge the game off one night of playing, 4 matches and a total of around 52 minutes of match time but it was a good basis. Enjoyed the games, definitely excited to play more - really looking forward to the patch tomorrow or Thursday with updated transfers etc. as well and then the option files for the kits from Thursday. I'll probably try and put a more detailed 'review' together rather than just day 1 experience after a few weeks of playing. Sorry for the huge wall of text.

More excited for this than 'other game'.

Played both demos a LOT now and this is better all over the pitch except shooting which I will have to learn to live with.

Hoping for some good Day 1 Option File on PS4. Is PES Universe good quality??

I've only played 5 games so far, but I enjoy it so far on Superstar. I went 4-0 up as Spurs against Derby, and thought I was going to cruise in to victory, but since I kept attacking, Derby kept counterattacking, spammed long balls out on the wings and kept hitting crosses into the box and got 4-3 back. Ridiculous game, but my own fault for keeping attacking. Still, not something I reckon we'd see in real life, but oh well, it's a game. I got 3 fouls my way in that game, and a few more in the other games, so there are definitely fouls to be had.

Speed feels a little slower than the demo. Shots are definitely toned down a bit, and defenses are way more packed. Playing Derby and Nottingham Forest as Spurs they put their entire team in defense, while I try to pick them apart with patient build up play. I need to learn how to defend though, as I keep getting hit with those long balls on the flanks. Only a win from unlocking 'legendary', so looking forward to that.

In general, one of the things I really like about it so far are the variety I see in attacking situations (for the player, that is). I've scored a wide variety of goals so far, and I haven't felt like I've played the same attack time and again yet. We'll see if this impression will change though. On the other side of the coin, the opposition have used the smack a pinpoint precision long pass out on the flanks and hit it into the box in every game I've played so far. Looks kind of stupid, but yeah well, I've never really bothered too much with how the CPU plays in attack, to be honest - as long as they can defend - and they seem quite decent at it here.

Still, a few negatives - crosses and corners are waaaaay too effective still, they seriously need to be toned down, far too easy to score or concede from a corner especially. I know it's on "Superstar", but Derby County just aren't going to be able to ping the ball around like Barcelona, yet they do. A bit silly, but oh well. Player switching is still quite poor, and I've already conceded a few goals from not getting the player I want when changing players. Running out with the goalkeeper still leaves a lot to be desired in certain situations - especially when making diagonal run outs, they just lie down and the opposing striker can basically roll the ball down the middle, so not really any point using it in those situations.

Anyways - there are good signs. Looking forward to trying it out more. :)

i just got my us copy and it has japanese commentary.
I didn't believe you at first until I checked mine and yes it's there!! I think this is the first time they added Japanese commentary to the Americas version? How about the EU version? You guys have it too?

Last edited:
Not to smart watching the Serie A show on the telly while craving for a ML on Pes 18.
The kits this year for Serie A,like every year Mama Mia!!
Decided to DL the game tomorrow digitally at exactly 00:00

Can anyone confirm if the attacking fullbacks option is fixed? One of your midfielder would always split the 2 Cb's even if you were close to your own box

By the way the animations for the full game is not the same as the demo. It's from the beta, and I just tested both versions. Apparently that was their quick solution for fixing things. They went back to beta code for full version. It's a shame I really liked the demo animations.

By the way the animations for the full game is not the same as the demo. It's from the beta, and I just tested both versions. Apparently that was their quick solution for fixing things. They went back to beta code for full version. It's a shame I really liked the demo animations.
Interesting, how and by who did you find this out from?
Personally i much prefer the retail to demo, so if it's a beta type code we're playing I'm more than happy.

Who cares what ONE random person thinks/experiences? Keeps getting posted in various threads like it's some kind of truth.

Interesting, how and by who did you find this out from?
Personally i much prefer the retail to demo, so if it's a beta type code were playing I'm more than happy.

Dribbling is less lethal in the full game. Tried with Coutinho and he's not as lethal as he was in the demo. But how I found out is mainly from passing. I tried playing Pass support 2 on the full game and it felt like the demo. So I tried the demo again to see and it was just like that. Passing now is like the beta and I know cuz I do remember how it felt in the beta. Also the goalkeeper animations when catching the ball is weirder and different than the demo. Shooting as well is similar to the beta, which I thought in the demo it improved.

For the first time ever for me, marking actually works properly especially when players have the marking card, very effective at taking out the skilled and fast players, especially on superstar, it really works, it's worthwhile looking for a player in the transfer market for that reason,
Good spotting,I've done the same with 17,looking for special ability's instead of overall rating.
Got a gem in 17 from Montpellier,a LB that is a monster defending,and an ace going fw, Roussillon.
Getting him first thing in my 18
Good that little,but important things like that works.

Good spotting,I've done the same with 17,looking for special ability's instead of overall rating.
Got a gem in 17 from Montpellier,a LB that is a monster defending,and an ace going fw, Roussillon.
Getting him first thing in my 18
Good that little,but important things like that works.
Yeah especially if you play it on superstar, tactics definately is needed if you want to succeed on that level cause the oppositions star players are actually lethal, they will play a 1 - 2 on you if u try to press hard and speedsters will combine acceleration and speed as well as skills to get around you especially on the wings, it's really an amazing game, I'm hanging for this OF to come out.

No fu*king team strenght filter in Online Divisions AGAIN! F*ck you Konami, thats a gamebreaker for me. Wont be playing with low teams against Barcelona and Real Madrid all the time again. See you in PES 2019 (if there is the filter):SICK::SICK::SICK:

Yeah especially if you play it on superstar, tactics definately is needed if you want to succeed on that level cause the oppositions star players are actually lethal, they will play a 1 - 2 on you if u try to press hard and speedsters will combine acceleration and speed as well as skills to get around you especially on the wings, it's really an amazing game, I'm hanging for this OF to come out.
Sounds like a real challenge Jimi,I'm on Xbox,or North Korea entertainment system if you will,so no option file for me:)

Back
Top Bottom