PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

DJgFw4iW0AEyBu_.jpg

Milan AC partnership ?

http://www.uccrow.com/index.php/component/k2/549-hakan-calganoglu

im also one who hated the demo alot and still did cos it felt to me like pes 17.5, a mate of mine downloaded the game form the US store and i was glad to see it felt more like the BETA, i played a few games against the AI on manual and the passing and shooting felt great like the beta, playing on superstar i honestly struggled to get a clear shot on goal, AI defensively is even better than 17, alot smarter to close you down, one thing i enjoyed to see, playing as liverpool is playing a long pass between players i could only do it with coutinho consistently, shooting also felt better having a long range shot with coutinho whereas henderson always skied the ball when opportunities arose, im gonna purchase this game now from the US store cos this is what i wanted to see, still not 100% but a significant enough improvement for me to purchase, one other thing what the fuck is Konami doing, they bring out a beta looked promising then dont know what feedback they got back but the demo was fkn crap, then come full release, they patched the game to be like the BETA, i have no idea who they are listening too but iv realized now the DEMO is not the final game and i wont be bothered downloading it anymore cos it not only did it piss me off but it messed with everyones head here and this place became a mess. See how it goes after i play 30 games +

Another 5-10 posts like this by various different people who have played the game solidly for a few days, please. Then I'll pay up.

im also one who hated the demo alot and still did cos it felt to me like pes 17.5, a mate of mine downloaded the game form the US store and i was glad to see it felt more like the BETA, i played a few games against the AI on manual and the passing and shooting felt great like the beta, playing on superstar i honestly struggled to get a clear shot on goal, AI defensively is even better than 17, alot smarter to close you down, one thing i enjoyed to see, playing as liverpool is playing a long pass between players i could only do it with coutinho consistently, shooting also felt better having a long range shot with coutinho whereas henderson always skied the ball when opportunities arose, im gonna purchase this game now from the US store cos this is what i wanted to see, still not 100% but a significant enough improvement for me to purchase, one other thing what the fuck is Konami doing, they bring out a beta looked promising then dont know what feedback they got back but the demo was fkn crap, then come full release, they patched the game to be like the BETA, i have no idea who they are listening too but iv realized now the DEMO is not the final game and i wont be bothered downloading it anymore cos it not only did it piss me off but it messed with everyones head here and this place became a mess. See how it goes after i play 30 games +
Shooting felt great like the BETA!!? The shooting was just as bad in the BETA as it was in the Demo!

Some new legends from the commentary
https://twitter.com/leothug20

- Gerrard
- Van Der Sar
- Eto'o
- Bebeto
- Hierro
- Del Piero
- Djorkaeff
- Guardiola
- Dugarry
- Bastituta
- Overmars
- Redondo
- Van Basten
- Van Nistelrooy
- Eusebio
- Ronaldo
- Ronaldinho
- Romario
- Roberto Baggio
- Laudrup
- Bergkamp
- Stankovic
- Shevchenko
- Zidane
- Taffarel
- Seedorf
- Saviola
- Djalminha
- Ademir da Guia
- Henry
- De La Pena
- Owen
- Reiziger
- Van Bommel
- Berger
- Bergomi
- Shearer
- Savicevic
- Scholes
- Schuster
- Deco
- Adriano
- Zambrotta
- Zamorano
- Zola
- Zorc
- Zubizarreta

Thx Leothug
is that Bernd Schuster, the blonde angel!? some nice legends if true...!

maybe tonight, maybe tmw night i'll get my version... :APPLAUD:

btw: i'm glad the thread is open again....! :)

Last edited:
Shooting felt great like the BETA!!? The shooting was just as bad in the BETA as it was in the Demo!
I shoot on manual and don't get me wrong we all want hardcore variations of the shot, that's not there but to me it's a significant improvemen from 17 in that department, shooting on basic variation felt limited but on manual much much better but not to the levels your expecting

When is available digital in the UK?

I'd guess that if you pre-order, it would unlock at midnight tomorrow night.
You can see when it unlocks if you go into the psn store and read the info on the game.

Edit: I just checked and there is no download unlock time specified. But I'm still guessing it's at that time.

Last edited:
My Simply Games order was despatched yesterday with Royal Mail, so it SHOULD be here today.
Ordered it from Simply Games too but it's getting posted to the house and I'm in the office all day today - reckon you can give me a shout if your copy arrives?

Hi guys!

Haven't been logged onto this site for ages and I'm not sure if I ever actually posted. I have however been reading the forums on and off during the run-up to each game for like the last... I don't know, many years.

First of all, I'd like to thank all the moderators and frequent contributors to this forum - your efforts I'm sure are appreciated by more people then you realize. I bet there are a lot of people out there just like me, just lurking around this site during lunch hour at work, but not really feeling up to contributing ourselves. I thought that it was appropriate to communicate this after the veritable shit storm that's been going on post-demo.

Second of all, I really enjoy this year's iteration. I've been mostly a FIFA-player since after PES 6, the exception being PES 2013 (the year before Fox Engine right?). I loved the potential in 2014 but was disappointed with '15 and '16. In the demo there were obvious flaws: too much space, attackers and wingers not falling back to defend etc, but overall I think it feels great to control the players and the passing is mostly sublime although I do agree with people arguing that PA1 is a bit too assisted. Hopefully this is, as reported, fixed via the day one patch! I know you've all debated the pros and cons to death, so I'm going to leave it at that at least for the moment.

Now, I also have a question: "Are there any drawbacks to buying the game from US PSN if you live in Europe? Are online servers locked to the Americas, and are there any limitations when it comes to option files and the like?

Anyhow, keep up the good work!

Hi guys!

Haven't been logged onto this site for ages and I'm not sure if I ever actually posted. I have however been reading the forums on and off during the run-up to each game for like the last... I don't know, many years.

First of all, I'd like to thank all the moderators and frequent contributors to this forum - your efforts I'm sure are appreciated by more people then you realize. I bet there are a lot of people out there just like me, just lurking around this site during lunch hour at work, but not really feeling up to contributing ourselves. I thought that it was appropriate to communicate this after the veritable shit storm that's been going on post-demo.

Second of all, I really enjoy this year's iteration. I've been mostly a FIFA-player since after PES 6, the exception being PES 2013 (the year before Fox Engine right?). I loved the potential in 2014 but was disappointed with '15 and '16. In the demo there were obvious flaws: too much space, attackers and wingers not falling back to defend etc, but overall I think it feels great to control the players and the passing is mostly sublime although I do agree with people arguing that PA1 is a bit too assisted. Hopefully this is, as reported, fixed via the day one patch! I know you've all debated the pros and cons to death, so I'm going to leave it at that at least for the moment.

Now, I also have a question: "Are there any drawbacks to buying the game from US PSN if you live in Europe? Are online servers locked to the Americas, and are there any limitations when it comes to option files and the like?

This!!!

Hi guys!

Historically pes us region locked for online play. Don't do it. Lol

Ordered it from Simply Games too but it's getting posted to the house and I'm in the office all day today - reckon you can give me a shout if your copy arrives?

I'm in the same situation I'm afraid my friend! It's first class Royal Mail so we should be okay - have been wrong in the past however.

Where can i find a good option file (apart from PES Universe, i paid them last year, but never got the option file. I don't think they meant harm or do a scam, but i'm not stupid, will not order from them again).

Where can i find a good option file (apart from PES Universe, i paid them last year, but never got the option file. I don't think they meant harm or do a scam, but i'm not stupid, will not order from them again).

If you give it a week or two, go to pesgaming and look for the DFL or WEHK option files, they've already created threads about what they hope to include

yep. i second that. if the past is anything to go by... dont do it! :)

anyone here thinking about playing ML with huddersfield town? i guess thats a challenge... i might pick them this year as my EPL team for ML.

Not a chance, no prizes for guessing my perpetual ML team though,but Yeah the challenge of getting Leeds up to EPL is really good.

yep. i second that. if the past is anything to go by... dont do it! :)

anyone here thinking about playing ML with huddersfield town? i guess thats a challenge... i might pick them this year as my EPL team for ML.

Real Betis from La Liga will be :)

Can´t wait for this.

Yesterday I had time for another couple of games on the demo.

Really fell in love when playing with Germany. TEAM and player ID is really great in this game!
Gomez totally feels and acts like he would in real life, same for Götze, Sane and all the others.
I defo need Kroos in my myclub team! Exactly the type of midfielder I need.

Can´t wait for the full game since I´ve been reading it feels better than the demo...which I expected...tbh.

First off... OMFG BERGER in the new legends list!!! What a player!

Secondly, tonight i will upload a video of me playing the DEMO. I am Liverpool and playing against Inter. Icardi broke through my defence and with one of my defenders i double tapped X and took him down, I GOT THE FREE KICK! the weirdest part was that Icardi wasnt booked so it wasnt a dive!

So for all you referee defenders out there i call bull. I have proof and the fact that in about 40 games minimum i have recieved 4 free kicks and no penalties despite being murdered in and around the box. On the halfway line tho i have won about 6 in total.

Downloaded the full North America version on the PS Store. It's out today.

I started disliking the demo. But I eventually fell in love with it. So that should be a prelude to what I'm about to say.

Played about 10 games and my finding are as follows:

1. Game speed is near identical to the demo, thankfully
2. It's about time the official football game is better than the demo. As it's more polished, the space is less open, shooting is toned down.
3. AI is great. Every team is different. Each player seems and feels different. ML will be lovely.
4. superstar is well balanced. I concede when I'm sloppy. Score when I play well. Never feel cheated.
5. Edited kits look 10x better this year. Due to player model improvements and LOD improvements.
6 Random Select mode is simply wonderful. It's like MyClub and Ubtilamte team for the old school offline gamers like myself.
Is the shooting still shit?

The pes universe files are free, you only pay if you want to get it a day early

Adam has posted that a patch is probably going to be released to help increase the amount of fouls - I don't think we need to worry about "referee defenders" now...!

To be honest chris, Iv got the full game played 3 games in ML and have been fouled by the AI 1-3 times so far, I never had any complaints with fouls in pes 17, seems like it's similar this year but I guess quite a few people want Derby matches in every game to get 10-15 fouls per half in a 10 minute match.

Back
Top Bottom