PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I have never seen this forum this bad and full on drama. PES 2018 is potentially a good game with few flaws. I would expect so much negativity in a game like PES 2008 or even PES 2014 which is just awful.

Exactly my words, it's like the end of the world is near if PES isnt as perfect as some wants it to be.

They forget there is another option at hand: DONT BUY THE GAME if it's so dissapointing. Life goes on even without PES - some should be aware of.

It's been a nightmare the past pages in here
A few guys turns up and it goes down the shitter.
I might actually wait a while with Pes 18,still enjoying other releases of Pes
But I'm hyped for this game,should be the highlight of the year for all of us.
Wonder if Lego has fouls? Or being non scripted?
Or is Duplo having licences?
Might go down that road...

giphy.gif

Wow. I log off for the weekend (which I do every weekend - I only visit Evo-Web during office hours, because I don't want to risk doing any actual work) - and then...

Okay, so I'd like to respond to some things.

First off, I rarely ban people, and hate deleting posts. In-fact, I think I'm probably a shit mod (many will agree, but for different reasons) - because I hate silencing someone, and genuinely try to "talk it out" first. This includes the trolls (the fanboys and the haters in equal measure), because to sign up here and post regularly, you love PES, and there's genuine feedback in there somewhere.

But it turns out that "Goodvibe Stranger" was a re-registered "Banksy", who I banned last year. The final straw was when I received the following message from "Banksy" (which - as "Goodvibe Stranger" - he said I faked).

b6f38vj.png

I was genuinely upset to receive this. To be serious, I mod because I love the PES series and I love to read the debates about different things. So it honestly feels shit to think that anyone thinks I mod to be an arsehole to people.

But. In the world of fake news, I could provide any amount of evidence that the above happened, that I'm not "bluewomble88" (which was another accusation), that I "hate Adam" (who I've spoken to about the game in the past few days), and that I hate PES.

My response to that last one - that I hate PES, and that the "sight" is biased - is this.

See my signature? There's a link there for a patch that I put together for PES 2017 on PS4. It took months of my life to refine, and I updated it every time a new patch was released that screwed up the data. There's a thread over on PESGaming.com, nearly 30 pages long, for the last update to it that I did.

If that isn't enough evidence for you, if the work I poured into that isn't enough, then I honestly don't know what else I can do to convince you. I'm sorry.

But this constant oneupmanship, trolling, paranoia and hate is getting out of control, and just reading this forum - let alone modding it - is becoming fucking depressing.

I don't know what's going on but the release of the game is days away now, and I really hope we can get back to some kind of decency, soon.

Thanks.

Finally,and yeah,behave.
So anyone got the game and post some thoughts on it.
Would be nice to post what your settings are
Difficulty,game length,assisted/non assisted passing/shooting.

Glad to hear PA 1 seem to be a bit less assisted after the patch.

More annoying to hear that the crowd and the overall atmosphere around the matches seems to still be dull and lifeless. That's one area that could use much improvement overall in sport gaming but especially in PES. Rival matches, when the home team scores late (eruption in the stands), dirty tackles etc etc, there is so much of this that could add to the game.

Last edited:
i missed you guys!:CRY:
i love that forum because i read opinions with people who share the same passion for pes series!
today you can found in every store in greece pes 2018!

Anybody know if the comically awful transfer deadline day system from 2017 is still in 2018?

Imagine if this is how transfer deadline day worked in real life -
PSG "We want to complete the signing of M'bappe."
Fifa\Uefa "That's superb but you will now not be able to sign or sell any player for two hours!"

or

There's two hours left in the transfer deadline windows you can sign that player you really need but you have full squad.... Luckily another team want to buy one of your bench warmers, perfect.
Oh wait! If you sell the player time advances two hours and the window closes. I'll just release him, same thing it'll take two hours for him to get in his car and officially leave the club. Window shut!.

What a ridiculous system!

My Simply Games order was despatched yesterday with Royal Mail, so it SHOULD be here today.

I've played the demo to death despite initial disappointment, so i'm massively excited.

Downloaded the full North America version on the PS Store. It's out today.

I started disliking the demo. But I eventually fell in love with it. So that should be a prelude to what I'm about to say.

Played about 10 games and my finding are as follows:

1. Game speed is near identical to the demo, thankfully
2. It's about time the official football game is better than the demo. As it's more polished, the space is less open, shooting is toned down.
3. AI is great. Every team is different. Each player seems and feels different. ML will be lovely.
4. superstar is well balanced. I concede when I'm sloppy. Score when I play well. Never feel cheated.
5. Edited kits look 10x better this year. Due to player model improvements and LOD improvements.
6 Random Select mode is simply wonderful. It's like MyClub and Ubtilamte team for the old school offline gamers like myself.

Downloaded the full North America version on the PS Store. It's out today.

I started disliking the demo. But I eventually fell in love with it. So that should be a prelude to what I'm about to say.

Played about 10 games and my finding are as follows:

1. Game speed is near identical to the demo, thankfully
2. It's about time the official football game is better than the demo. As it's more polished, the space is less open, shooting is toned down.
3. AI is great. Every team is different. Each player seems and feels different. ML will be lovely.
4. superstar is well balanced. I concede when I'm sloppy. Score when I play well. Never feel cheated.
5. Edited kits look 10x better this year. Due to player model improvements and LOD improvements.
6 Random Select mode is simply wonderful. It's like MyClub and Ubtilamte team for the old school offline gamers like myself.
Thanks rocky it sounds great

I have also warned to demo more after playing lots of it

I started disliking the demo. But I eventually fell in love with it.

I started off quite disliking the demo and it's grown on me. I wouldn't say I love it but definitely keen to check out the game for real. Camera angle for me plays a big part and I used Pitchside the other night, modified to 8, 3, 4 and really enjoyed the gameplay - moreso than the angle before I posted which was 7, 2, 2.

One thing that's annoying though is that FIFA will come out at a price of $69 here and PES will be $89 (and never drop by more than $10 which doesn't happen til later in the year).

Still waiting for more opinions on the AI. I respect those who have come out and say it's great but usually these things start to grate after a week or two. The demo showed that they can be very one dimensional in their attacking depending on the tactical setup (long balls out to wings, something that hampered PES2017) and i'm still not convinced they are going to be aggressive enough in the defence.

Made a decision that I won't be buying it for a few weeks anyway waiting for a more complete Option File so the opinions are welcome in the meantime. I mean, i know i'll end up buying it anyway because I wouldn't want to let deco and the ML stories gang down ;) but let's face it, I always buy it but for once I'm actually going to be pragmatic about it

Still waiting for more opinions on the AI. I respect those who have come out and say it's great but usually these things start to grate after a week or two. The demo showed that they can be very one dimensional in their attacking depending on the tactical setup (long balls out to wings, something that hampered PES2017) and i'm still not convinced they are going to be aggressive enough in the defence.

Made a decision that I won't be buying it for a few weeks anyway waiting for a more complete Option File so the opinions are welcome in the meantime. I mean, i know i'll end up buying it anyway because I wouldn't want to let deco and the ML stories gang down ;) but let's face it, I always buy it but for once I'm actually going to be pragmatic about it

I'm waiting for a couple of weeks before buying as well Robbie .. .fully expect you as Millwall in ML.

First off, unconditional support here for Chris Davies. He's an absolute gem of a human being who has a purely constructive passion for football games. I had a bloody great time hanging out with him in Vancouver at EA Sports, and he's done a hell of a lot for PES since as Adam and countless others will attest. There's a real malevolence to the internet at times - which isn't in any way news, but is perfectly demonstrated by someone like Chris Davies being called an arsehole. Who knows, maybe Banksy's a decent person in real life and the spirit of the internet is too evil and powerful for him. But the only way Chris is in any way close to being an arsehole is in the amount of shit he has to deal with in the football game community. For shame.

Back to PES - I'm really hoping the news is positive. Part of the reason this place caught fire is because confidence is so fragile at the moment, and the demo was a real knock for a lot of us. It's not an excuse whatsoever, but it's one of a few reasons.

I'm going to wait it out a bit because I just don't think PES can be read in a day or two. I might cave by Friday if enough people pick it up early for a consensus to emerge, but I can hold out if needs be.

Some new legends from the commentary
https://twitter.com/leothug20

- Gerrard
- Van Der Sar
- Eto'o
- Bebeto
- Hierro
- Del Piero
- Djorkaeff
- Guardiola
- Dugarry
- Bastituta
- Overmars
- Redondo
- Van Basten
- Van Nistelrooy
- Eusebio
- Ronaldo
- Ronaldinho
- Romario
- Roberto Baggio
- Laudrup
- Bergkamp
- Stankovic
- Shevchenko
- Zidane
- Taffarel
- Seedorf
- Saviola
- Djalminha
- Ademir da Guia
- Henry
- De La Pena
- Owen
- Reiziger
- Van Bommel
- Berger
- Bergomi
- Shearer
- Savicevic
- Scholes
- Schuster
- Deco
- Adriano
- Zambrotta
- Zamorano
- Zola
- Zorc
- Zubizarreta

Thx Leothug

im also one who hated the demo alot and still did cos it felt to me like pes 17.5, a mate of mine downloaded the game form the US store and i was glad to see it felt more like the BETA, i played a few games against the AI on manual and the passing and shooting felt great like the beta, playing on superstar i honestly struggled to get a clear shot on goal, AI defensively is even better than 17, alot smarter to close you down, one thing i enjoyed to see, playing as liverpool is playing a long pass between players i could only do it with coutinho consistently, shooting also felt better having a long range shot with coutinho whereas henderson always skied the ball when opportunities arose, im gonna purchase this game now from the US store cos this is what i wanted to see, still not 100% but a significant enough improvement for me to purchase, one other thing what the fuck is Konami doing, they bring out a beta looked promising then dont know what feedback they got back but the demo was fkn crap, then come full release, they patched the game to be like the BETA, i have no idea who they are listening too but iv realized now the DEMO is not the final game and i wont be bothered downloading it anymore cos it not only did it piss me off but it messed with everyones head here and this place became a mess. See how it goes after i play 30 games +

Back
Top Bottom