PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

its always the same old way of trying to hide the imperfections in the game by ignoring or giving any kind of excuse for the community who sees that things need to be adjusted if i may say and not fixed because the base game is great it really is and ahead of its competitor.

All what the Konami shills/PR puppets do is prevent real feedback from getting across and try to mislead the community with whatever line they are fed. They have wasted around 3 years of good community feedback and here we are in 2018 with no fouls and usain bolt (with a 75 rating lol).

Last week when the demo was out and the response was awful, They disappeared then came back with surveys for the community to fill as if they will have time to fix stuff. All of a sudden everyone was friends with Adam and Asim and would communicate the same stuff that they kept dismissing all summer. Oh and by the way, Adam is just a PR guy he just forwards stuff to japan and only using his personal twitter account to tell us about patches!

The bottomline is tha Fifa was there for the taking and is still is, I'm happy that our voice is finally out, We have submitted proof,ideas,feedback all summer.

Konami it's time for sliders!

i'll just say this much, scoring goals in PES 5, 3, WE9LE is more rewarding than 2018. I just played last week and shouted "yah" when i got my goal. Notice i said one goal.

I say that with a lot of goals that I score in Pes 2017. . .with a bit of 'get in there' thrown in.

BondJamesBond does make some good points...

where is the sense is mindlessly praising the demo when the glaring issues are obvious

We are all here because of one love we share right? Pes.

BondJamesBond did you join evo web because you were an avid pes player back in the day?

Zeemeister you obviously love pes too and want it to be at its best.....Posting FIFA videos is pointless we are all talking about pes here and want THAT game to be at its best again. ...it's what most of us grew up on, no??

the last few years konami and their PR guff have got really stale and the way they treat their loyal customer base is wrong

The problem we have with pes still is that there are still a small group of people who blindly follow the series without acknowledging it's faults...Curdstar was a great example of this

If konami still get people telling them and Adam that 'this is best football game ever' then the series won't have to improve because it has the impression that it's perfect

It's been happening for years now...pes has had automated, straight predictable robotic shooting mechanics and a serious lack of getting awarded fouls and penalties

These are two core fundamentals when making a football game surely??

I am frustrated....bond James Bond is probably frustrated too. We all want the same thing we ALL WANT PES to be at its best again.

We don't want nonsense like usain bolt and million capacity fantasy stadiums. WE WANT the gameplay to be right!

where is the sense is mindlessly praising the demo when the glaring issues are obvious

BondJamesBond did you join evo web because you were an avid pes player back in the day?

Zeemeister you obviously love pes too and want it to be at its best.....Posting FIFA videos is pointless we are all talking about pes here and want THAT game to be at its best again. ...it's what most of us grew up on, no??

the last few years konami and their PR guff have got really stale and the way they treat their loyal customer base is wrong

The problem we have with pes still is that there are still a small group of people who blindly follow the series without acknowledging it's faults...Curdstar was a great example of this

If konami still get people telling them and Adam that 'this is best football game ever' then the series won't have to improve because it has the impression that it's perfect

It's been happening for years now...pes has had automated, straight predictable robotic shooting mechanics and a serious lack of getting awarded fouls and penalties

I am frustrated....bond James Bond is probably frustrated too. We all want the same thing we ALL WANT PES to be at its best again.

We don't want nonsense like usain bolt and million capacity fantasy stadiums. WE WANT the gameplay to be right!
The only reason I posted a Fifa video was to show how full of bullshit bond is.

Nobody here is saying pes is perfect. Never has been never will be so let's not start making things up.

I hate the Usain bolt bit, I hate that pes had ostrich heads, I hate limited stadia, I hate the go awful commentary that's as good as the mobile game I might add, I hate a neglected offline single player experience, I hate lack of licenses, I hate a bugged fouling system but with hate most is people who clearly don't like something and hang around to wind people who do enjoy it up.

you have just said what i have been saying for a couple of years, but still moderators here will call me troll or whatever reasoning they have to ignore the fact of the negatives in the game...stop hiding behind your finger guys we are not trying to make u hate the game or whatever its just that facts are facts and many people like bondjamesbond shez and guru83 and others share the same comments as i do.

i'll just say this much, scoring goals in PES 5, 3, WE9LE is more rewarding than 2018. I just played last week and shouted "yah" when i got my goal. Notice i said one goal.
u share the same feelings as me , because it simply is more rewarding scoring in the older games, thats a fact

So where we all purchasing the PC version from? Just seen on Steam it's £54.99!

That's more than i was expecting. Gotta be a more reasonable price around somewhere?

Then go play the fucking thing rather than piss about here
Not being funny or anything zeemeister you seem like a nice guy but can't you simply put the people on 'ignore' who you feel are trolling?

BondJamesBond and ramganer seem like good posters to me

Look..coming in here to troll is sad and if anyone is doing that then they should be banned

The moderators here seem to do a very good job..people can have opinion as long as they don't try to argue or flame others

Anyway I have said my thoughts on matter..the game is a hugely flawed masterpiece if there is ever a thing

I will camp out in the 'other thread' praying that we get ag least one good football game this year

Oh dear the insults are back again

Remember it's just a game eh?

Full game impression from another forum (LONG POST ALERT)

-----------
I bought the game yesterday and played 20 matches offline and here is my impression.

Pros:

1. Better day/night lighting compared to last year "still not perfect but much improved".
2. Animation has been upgraded compared last year except for few annoying ones "GK slow-motion diving"
3. Goalkeepers are hugely improved overall and can be reliable most of the time "read cons section" with some nice animation and great reflex and reaction time
4. ball physics is improved compared to last year
5. Crossing is not OP anymore and has been fixed
6. offside rule has been finally corrected. It is not relevant to the centre of the body of the last defender anymore.
7. Sliding is not as effective as last year but still needs more tweaking.
8. Super star AI does not feel to cheat as much as last year, most of their goals feel more genuine "human like"
9. Challenge mode has been added to master league where the owner of the club will be giving you objective that you have to fulfill
10. New "legend" CPU difficulty has been added which unfortunately I have not had the chance to test out yet.
11. Faces have more details now "better textures" and much better skin tone "color". Also, fake faces have more details to them and look less cartoonish compared to last year, I wish fake players' hair was given more attention

Cons:

1. The game is DEFINITELY FASTER than the beta, I understand that i am comparing online to offline BUT passing speed is almost the same as 2017, this was not the case in the beta. Latency problem affects OVERALL speed and flow of the game but not the speed of the pass. If you play the game on -1 speed, then that would be near the beta speed "passing wise"

2. Shooting is like a rocket most of the time. Adam once tweeted than there will be CONTEXTUAL shooting which i honestly have not noticed at all in the build of the game.

3. goalkeepers are POOR/BAD blocking thunder-bullet shots from the likes of ronaldo. I played against superstar barcelona, I had five shots with ronaldo, all went in.

4. The game will be goal festival, thanks to super accurate threaded through balls, through balls to the flanks are really accurate and will definitely be abused online this year along with lobbed through balls.

5. It is hard to defend the flanks. adam claimed that this issue existed in the demo because we couldn't change tactics, so far i have tried everything i could do, and through balls would still go to wingers 9 out 10 times.

6. Super star AI is not consistent, one minute they are easy to break and score against, next minute they are impossible to break.

7. Pass assist 1 is DEFINITELY more assisted now compared to the beta. It is as assisted as 2017. I played all my offline games against super star CPU and on an average i had 90% passing accuracy, the lowest passing accuracy percentage i had was 82%, but for most of the time 88% and above. one match i won 5-0 with 96% passing accuracy.

8. Auto shielding is a nice addition BUT the problem is you dont know when will your player execute it. It rarely happens, out of all the 20 games i played, i probably saw my players do it only 10 times or so. It should have been manual shielding like in fifa.

9. chip shots = instant goal 9 out of 10 times.

10. Ping Pong is back at its best. It wasn't easy to ping pong in the beta, but offline you definitely can be ping pong the ball the whole match.

11. Fouls are none existence. I only had 8 fouls in the whole 20 games.

12. Fake shot is very effective against superstar CPU defenders. Run on the flank, fake shot the defender, boom you are facing the goalie already.

13. Konami said they have new transfer system? lol it is similar to last year with few minor additions. The main problem is that you still weak teams sending you offers to buy you super star teams for stupid prices. I tried selling messi and all the offers i received were around 30 million dollars!. Teams were offering me to buy neymar for 32 million dollars. What is funny is that I had leganes offering me 40 million dollars for stegen! where did they get the money from? I really couldn't see the "new" transfer system.

14. Commentary is still stale like last year, yes they have added few lines and there but still they sound fake and jim still talk over peter.

15. Adam once said on his twitter that player real faces "in game plan" would be for all teams and players, that is not true unfortunately. It looks very lazy on konami's side that some teams have a mix of both real-life faces images mixed with game faces.

I do have a lot of respect for Adam Bhatti and I appreciate the effort he puts and passion he has, he claimed that he fought a lot to ask the producers to keep the game speed as slow as the beta and that he succeeded. I believe that the game speed has been modified to a point where the game feels exactly like 2017 with new animations and little more fluid game.

Then go play the fucking thing rather than piss about here

Don't worry,there bored and trying to get there kicks.

Allow them there ignorance and what there failing to see.

I've had there curd remarks,Adam remarks,I'm konami pr..blah,blah,blah..

Lol..It's just a sheep like mentality and it doesn't matter how much things improve they will always find something or a sound bite from someone else to cling onto.

Its this fixation with cosmetics really and the superficial.

Most people will see this game is the bomb in time.Im not going anywhere and I will be here when the haters are eating there words.

Childish behaviour..It really has brought the tone down and looking from it from the outside makes the site look bad.

Lots of great posters and post but also a lot of nonsense and hate sometimes.As someone who works in the industry(not for konami I might add).It is disappointing to see this level of immaturity especially after a week of balance and intelligent discussion.

Me I'm going to sign out for a few weeks.Things are becoming to heated and emotions are starting to boil.

Speak soon zee and don't get yourself banned!

Peace.

Edit...I don't follow pes blindly,my standards are higher then most.

Last edited:

You are so wrong with this sentence. The same curdstar you are talking about was asking me and others our opinions about what could be done with fouls, because he was going to talk with Adam about that issue.

There is a difference between saying: "same old shit referees, some old awful shot variation, shots are ALWAYS rocket" and trying to be more reasonable.

Nobody is telling you to to stop talking about the game faults, you just don't have to exaggerate, because overreacting is always bad.

Not being funny or anything zeemeister you seem like a nice guy but can't you simply put the people on 'ignore' who you feel are trolling?

BondJamesBond and ramganer seem like good posters to me

Look..coming in here to troll is sad and if anyone is doing that then they should be banned

The moderators here seem to do a very good job..people can have opinion as long as they don't try to argue or flame others

Anyway I have said my thoughts on matter..the game is a hugely flawed masterpiece if there is ever a thing

I will camp out in the 'other thread' praying that we get ag least one good football game this year
I can't see past bullshit and I wont

I have been an Evo web member a long time and I won't see this place over run by trolls like so many other pes sites. Look at shez another classic example he agrees with anything negative.

Look at the garbage he pushed up top
Because the cons outweighs the positives it's perfect to share it here

I would love to know what the agenda is as well, honestly I would but your feelings so far and the fact that you would rather go hang out in the fifa thread is indicative imo of what these trolls want.... I honestly believe that there are people here who ensure that the negatives are highlighted on every page so that people who may be interested in PES are deterred by their bullshit. It's the only reason you would make sure you say the same thing over and over again page after page.

BTW who the came out with "the other game" say Fifa.

You are so wrong with this sentence. The same curdstar you are talking about was asking me and others our opinions about what could be done with fouls, because he was going to talk with Adam about that issue.

There is a difference between saying: "same old shit referees, some old awful shot variation, shots are ALWAYS rocket" and trying to be more reasonable.

Nobody is telling you to to stop talking about the game faults, you just don't have to exaggerate, because overreacting is always bad.

Sorry but you're wrong. He deliberately trolled many users on here that had genuine complaints but, because he didn't like what he was hearing, he shrugged them off and essentially told them their opinions didn't matter. All the while basking in the fake attention he tried to bring about himself by proudly declaring he had some sort of inside influence on the game. In summary, he was called out for it and then banned.

Back on topic, I tried the demo again last night on PA0 but level 1 shooting. It reminded me why I don't do manual passing - way too twitchy and frustrating for me. The AI still played ping-pong around me and the usual problems arose, so I switched off. What's interesting is I play full manual on Fifa 16 and I get on really well with it. There is a little more assistance on that compared to PA0 PES 2017; I think it would help to have the same here. I can string passes together but if I'm slightly off target with the left stick, it forgives that and meets me half way. This would improve PES so much in my opinion. Perhaps a system whereby the direction is assisted but the power and swerve of the pass/shot is manual. Therefore, if you're pass is too weak or strong, the receiving player either fails to reach it (maybe drawing more fouls) or it ricochets off them and spills loose.

No doubt I'll get called a troll again for all this.

Is Anyone tired from the same posts complaining about the same things every day ? The game is not perfect , we get it , some of us like it this way .

This is a discussion forum. There is an ignore button you know.

By extension, some are bored of the same posts every day declaring how amazing and near-perfect the game is. Until the game is released, what exactly are you hoping to read on here that you don't already know?

Sorry but you're wrong. He deliberately trolled many users on here that had genuine complaints but, because he didn't like what he was hearing, he shrugged them off and essentially told them their opinions didn't matter. All the while basking in the fake attention he tried to bring about himself by proudly declaring he had some sort of inside influence on the game. In summary, he was called out for it and then banned.

Back on topic, I tried the demo again last night on PA0 but level 1 shooting. It reminded me why I don't do manual passing - way too twitchy and frustrating for me. The AI still played ping-pong around me and the usual problems arose, so I switched off. What's interesting is I play full manual on Fifa 16 and I get on really well with it. There is a little more assistance on that compared to PA0 PES 2017; I think it would help to have the same here. I can string passes together but if I'm slightly off target with the left stick, it forgives that and meets me half way. This would improve PES so much in my opinion. Perhaps a system whereby the direction is assisted but the power and swerve of the pass/shot is manual. Therefore, if you're pass is too weak or strong, the receiving player either fails to reach it (maybe drawing more fouls) or it ricochets off them and spills loose.

Your Chris Davies under a different user name and you have a few others..

Us testers discuss it at work and how you use it to get people with a strong voice banned.

Pretty transparent really!..It's because your really a fan of another product and pretend to be all things pes.So many people know this,however well you try to convince otherwise with your writing.

Rumbled mate!..didn't you do the same to banksy and a few others.You couldn't win the argument with banksy and he showed the other product to be the one trick pony it really is on the pitch despite all it's technical gubbings.

You even manipulated and lied to everyone on here,which your still doing..He never told you to F off..You made it all up!

All goes back to something between you and Adam in the WENB days..And how you've always wanted your game to be better,despite claiming you love pes..Your a FIFA man admit it.

You can ban me I'm done here anyway..It's pathetic,and a lot of it is orchestrated by you.

So many can see it on the outside.

Last edited:
The solution to passing assistance IMHO is to have something called dynamic assistance....An Idea I 've been mulling over lately.

The concept is that if you're controlling Messi then you'll get some assistance based on stats,player level, skill cards whatever. But if you're controlling a poor player then it'll be looser, not necessarily full manual but will need more care.

This way individuality will shine,Creative football will be linked to more creative players and they'll get more vision or shooting range instead of threading hollywood balls with John Terry or scoring 30 yard screamers with Vidic.

The same with fouls, Instead of having a global failure of a foul system, you can link it to individual stats or player size, speed or even intelligence ....that some of them tend to give or draw more fouls.

This way we can solve so many issues in one...just a thought!

n summary, he was called out for it and then banned.

Even if he was banned he was asking for opinions about the fouls issue, right?

Listen, nobody here is denying there are issues with the game.

Personally i asked Adam to remove PA2 and 3 and make PA1 less assisted on twitter (he told me that won't happen because most people use those settings)
asked Adam about the low number of fouls, told him that a game with a 1 CPU foul per match average is wrong and should be fixed, talked on here and to Adam about shots being too straightforward with no swerve and too powerful most of the times.

Keep being reasonable, don't exaggerate things and nobody will call you a troll.

Us testers discuss it at work and how you use it to get people with a strong voice banned.

Pretty transparent really!..It's because your really a fan of another product and pretend to be all things pes.So many people know this,however well you try to convince otherwise with your writing.

Rumbled mate!..didn't you do the same to banksy and a few others.

Whaaaa?

Rumbled mate!..didn't you do the same to banksy and a few others.You couldn't win the argument with banksy and he showed the other product to be the one trick pony it really is on the pitch despite all it's technical gubbings.

You even manipulated and lied to everyone on here,which your still doing..He never told you to F off..You made it all up!

All goes back to something between you and Adam in the WENB days.
bluewomble is Chris Davies??

damn i am very confused now.

I can't see past bullshit and I wont

I have been an Evo web member a long time and I won't see this place over run by trolls like so many other pes sites. Look at shez another classic example he agrees with anything negative.

Look at the garbage he pushed up top
Because the cons outweighs the positives it's perfect to share it here

I would love to know what the agenda is as well, honestly I would but your feelings so far and the fact that you would rather go hang out in the fifa thread is indicative imo of what these trolls want.... I honestly believe that there are people here who ensure that the negatives are highlighted on every page so that people who may be interested in PES are deterred by their bullshit. It's the only reason you would make sure you say the same thing over and over again page after page.

BTW who the came out with "the other game" say Fifa.
i see your points Zeemeister i really do

I cant see that shez is deliberately trolling though BUT i am still quite new here and dont know post history between you two

cant we all just get along?? if someone doesnt like PES 2018 demo, its their right to opinion. if you do like it, then great.

I keep saying the same thing but we were ALL brought here because of our love for PES yes? Surely people like Bond James and shez havent come straight from FIFA forums to just annoy us PES fanatics?

if anything, its clear that Curdstar has come back here to troll and get annoyed with anyone who criticise PES. thats bad as well, no?

anyway I dont mean any conflict like I say you seem like a cool guy

peace, enjoy your Saturday everyone club football is back! Man City vs. Liverpool at 12.30 Great Britain time!

All goes back to something between you and Adam in the WENB days..And how you've always wanted your game to be better,despite claiming you love pes..Your a FIFA man admit it.

You can ban me I'm done here anyway..It's pathetic,and a lot of it is orchestrated by you.

So many can see it on the outside.

Literally no idea where to start with this. WTF are you talking about? I wasn't even quoting you. Amazing how you tell everyone not to come at you directly during discussion but then wade in like this uninvited.

Back
Top Bottom