PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

after seeing this video, seems that the stupid switch to red slider (all on attack) in knockout match is again here... i really hated that in 2017, is horrible during a match see bonucci or hummels in Uefa CL Final or WC Final stay for 30 min parked near the opposite box (and that happen also on a draw so with extra time you can reach 55 minutes of all on attack) ... this video is from the UEFA SC final and at 65' man red (CPU) switch to red slider... that's totally unrealistic
PLEASE FIX ALSO THAT IN FEW MONTHS

after seeing this video, seems that the stupid switch to red slider (all on attack) in knockout match is again here... i really hated that in 2017, is horrible during a match see bonucci or hummels in Uefa CL Final or WC Final stay for 30 min parked near the opposite box (and that happen also on a draw so with extra time you can reach 55 minutes of all on attack) ... this video is from the UEFA SC final and at 65' man red (CPU) switch to red slider... that's totally unrealistic

I was playing a knockout cup match yesterday in my ML, it was a draw and the other team got a red card. Then they went all out attack till the end of the match. With the game at 1-1 and with 10 players. I won on extra time, but it was ridiculous. It's all this tactical scripting nonsense that was the real problem last year. Half the time it throws the game balance off, the other half it doesn't even make any logical sense. And it will continue to be a huge issue until it's treated the same as other issues....

a4e5c583fc58d3e6eb38b4d6e24064f6.png

"Potential", "few month",... hm...

new for pes 2019 "Evo Ref 1.0"

I was playing a knockout cup match yesterday in my ML, it was a draw and the other team got a red card. Then they went all out attack till the end of the match. With the game at 1-1 and with 10 players. I won on extra time, but it was ridiculous. It's all this tactical scripting nonsense that was the real problem last year. Half the time it throws the game balance off, the other half it doesn't even make any logical sense. And it will continue to be a huge issue until it's treated the same as other issues....
totally agree
IMO red behavior and purple (ultra def) should be rare, or at least readuced to the last 10 min if is a knock out match and the average overall of the two teams have a bigger gap, but i can't see any match versus a lover OVR team where they sistematically switch to ultra def after 65' (in league during a ML ) or a great match like real vs manchester where this thing happen. A neutral behavior in the last min of a big match is often the common choice in the real football, they should fix that to increase a bit the realism

totally agree
IMO red behavior and purple (ultra def) should be rare, or at least readuced to the last 10 min if is a knock out match and the average overall of the two teams have a bigger gap, but i can't see any match versus a lover OVR team where they sistematically switch to ultra def after 65' (in league during a ML ) or a great match like real vs manchester where this thing happen. A neutral behavior in the last min of a big match is often the common choice in the real football, they should fix that to increase a bit the realism

Yes, it needs a lot of work. Opponent strength should be considered. I'm not against scripting, it is an extra layer of necessary logic. But it has to be tested a lot better. It can't throw off gameplay balance and it has to make sense.

I think konami is trying to inject "excitement" with these choices, but it doesn't work like that. Have faith in your representation of the game, you're very very good at base game mechanics. Exciting moments will occur naturally, that's the nature of the game.

Last edited:

Ah so stadio nazionale is the old look of Olimpico, probably will be used as Roma home field, and Olimpico for Lazio, like they do with Meaza/San Siro for Inter/Milan lol.
PES League stadium is also reskin of Konami stadium.

Almost zero effort...
At least Wanda and Sao Januario look stunning!

Last edited:

Look how assisted everything is :BORED:

Million miles away from the beta

Look how assisted everything is :BORED:

Million miles away from the beta
iDK if this game was yet patched and i don't know if the patch that's out is the last one or if Konami will make further change to gameplay. I wanna test by myself with the opportune tweaks, Konami as implemented a good tactical planning yet in 2017, but they never tested it in the proper way (just a personal thought) and i think the same about COM styles (mostly only dangerous) .. Really i've played to any pes from 2005 i never used the vanilla game without tweaks... for me is just unplayable, but i really loved the last 2017 version with a lot of stuffs added , trust me is another game.

Spot on rom..The pa0 setting gives you as much flexibility/accuracy as the cpu if you master it,you can't expect to be able to do that in a week(there's no secret sauce or super boosting just for the cpu ai)..Longevity and having ai that's still challenging when youve mastered the game.If your already hammering the cpu on superstar with pa0,then there's something wrong..

If anyone has prove it..I'd love to see that!..against a evenly matched team of course,not Barca against flamengo.

another thing I have noticed but maybe it's not true but when I go up in pass assist to lets say level 2.. the computer passing gets faster and more accurate as well. I have played on PA0 PA1 and PA2 and for me it goes up in speed of the match when you do this. if you want slower pace use PA0. the computer does not go near as fast with their passing when you do that. I am just testing PA2 because I hear that's what many of the pros online are using in PES. I just thought wanted to see what it's like since I'm mainly coming from FIFA. I'm use to that online though as everyone uses assisted controls in fifa online as well.

Stadio Oreone has been my favourite for years.
To bad we can't use the South American ones for ML in Europe and the other way around,Morumbi is stunning as well

Best tip I'd say is to turn the difficulty down, play possession play so you get your pass count way up, and don't ever switch the controls back otherwise you'll never tune into it. Use L2 and the arrow a lot too to start with, just for the visual aid.

Yeah when I first started manual I dropped the game down a difficulty level and played it safe. Hell, I still do play it safe for the most part and I still do use the visual aid from time-to-time.

Assuming you're the home team?

Genuine question to PA0 guys - I get the thrill of being given full control and doing great things that the AI has given you no assistance with, but say that Adam turned around tomorrow and said that it was truly full-manual and passing/shooting attributes didn't have any effect.

How many of you would feel no differently, because you play that way so that you know it was 100% your input and therefore you deserved the completed pass/goal - and how many would feel disappointed because all players are essentially the same in terms of technical ability, and therefore in something like the Master League, you'd only buy/sell players based on positioning/physical stats?

I honestly see and understand both sides of the fence, even though I know I'm firmly a PA1 man.

TBH, I don't think passing stats have a huge affect on manual apart from the ball bouncing more so it wouldn't really bug me. Besides, I think the camera angle most people (including myself) contribute to the game being unrealistic as you can see EVERY pass and best option.

Slightly off-topic but it pertains somewhat. There was some Barca fan that watched an entire match just focusing on Xavi and how many times he checked away from the ball to scan the field. It was some absurd # and a testament to how great a player he was when it comes to positional awareness. I feel like the angle we play on makes us all Xavi's when the reality is that he's super rare.

A couple of things from my perspective on the passing and shooting.

Firstly shooting is too powerful and there aren't enough scuffed shots. That's undeniable imo. However, I do feel like some of the judgements passed are a little lazy. Whilst shots are often powerful, the accuracy and relative (to the overpowered shots) power does vary quite significantly and I don't think enough has been said about that. It's VERY easy to miss the target, it's also very easy to hit an easily saveable shot.

Whilst I agree it needs work, I also think the negativity is overdone. Obviously that's just because my enjoyment is impacted less by the lack of variation in power.

On passing, i honestly don't think it's far away. I'm seeing plenty of misplaced passes by the CPU and the CPU AI is much better at cutting mine out. Not only that but through balls especially arent at all easy to get right. Lofted passes are arguably too easy, though. Is it perfect? No, of course not but it's definitely not terrible. I've seen could hit balls out of play, overhit passes, pass into my players etc. It's actually pretty good.

The game isn't at all perfect but I seriously worry that we've entered a time where nostalgia mixed with unrealistic expectations given the vidence we have in FIFA and PES. We talk about how far they are away in comparison to older PES titles but our standard were so much lower then. We had NBA live, NFL and terrible rugby games to compare to. Yes we see the 2k games as the ultimate but have any of you read their forum? People MOAN! also, the sport is totally TOTALLY different.

We can want a better game, of course, and we can accept other games are further ahead but it seems to make us incapable of enjoying what we have.

I have to accept some people prefer the restricted but balanced gameplay of past games. I simply can't enjoy that as much. I won't go into why I think it's harder to achieve that balance now because if already done it but I just think a lot of people will be waiting a hell of a long time to be happy.

Apologies for the long post

My problem, and I agree with a lot of what you're saying, is that the only missed passes by the CPU that aren't interceptions are balls played off the ground. Now I knew these guys are the cream of the crop when it comes to footballers but not even the best get every pass right when it comes to placement (perfectly at the feet) or weight. I'd rather see the error in those two areas than a guy like Ozil just missing the target completely.

Yes, it needs a lot of work. Opponent strength should be considered. I'm not against scripting, it is an extra layer of necessary logic. But it has to be tested a lot better. It can't throw off gameplay balance and it has to make sense.

I think konami is trying to inject "excitement" with these choices, but it doesn't work like that. Have faith in your representation of the game, you're very very good at base game mechanics. Exciting moments will occur naturally, that's the nature of the game.

This. It has to take into account a lot of variables.

Match Type (knockout competition, last day of the season and you need the result, etc...)
Strength of squad(s)
Match scenario (down a man, down a goal, etc...)

It would be cool if they implemented time-wasting in more ways than FIFA's take it to the corner flag.

Back
Top Bottom