PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

sorry aftwer this seems that there are just 3 color, (rm starts on red but not have an absurd scheme like 3-2-5 ) i've not tried the demo, someone could explain me if there again 5 different attack level? anyone has tried the ultra att /def?

I think one of the problem of post PS2 pes games is that the pitch started becoming bigger and bigger. These days it is so huge players are all so far away from each other that there are no midfield battle.

Arcade defending and game on autopilot even on 0 assistance are the other 2 issues.

I just can't enjoy this game anymore.
yes, and Adam was bragging about the pitch being bigger this year, like it's a good thing.:CONF:

but I think it's totally opposite ... I think the great idea that the game developers of football (Konami and EA sports) have not yet had is to increase the field and create more loose balls and total reliance on defensive tactics to make the game more realistic

obs: usually in PES with 5 passes (in running) the player is already in the big area which becomes totally unreal to my point of view.

a4e5c583fc58d3e6eb38b4d6e24064f6.png

"Potential", "few month",... hm...
Months...

Well at least I know they've finally acknowledged the issue after many years and hopefully looks promising for pes 2019 having fouls on release day (probably the demo too). Guess I'll just wait for that game instead.

Edit: Oops, forgot to say, Next Year™.

Last edited:
On the fouls issue..Most of us have seen the mechanics are in place and the variation on fouls,including collisions.

It's not a great scenario and in a ideal world I would like it day one.

That said,I also want balance not something that can be abused and used to people's advantage out of the context of realism and how in reality set plays can be a enjoyable tatical layer..ie looking for take downs in the box or outside and inviting it..

There's no real black or white here and it's a huge grey area in pes currently that has to be just right.

I would hate it if we were are in a scenario where the games stopping every time players collide .Its such a huge thing that can alter the way the game plays.

Just my two cense.
"play on the ref says"
this is a completely broken foul system, i'll be amazed if they fix it to the standard of there old games and Fifa's.

3 things in this world are guaranteed. Death, taxes and no pleasing evo-web members.

People are clamming for more transparency and more fouls. So Konami are being transparent about trying to add more fouls and we complain about the time frame.:LMAO:
probably because it's supposed to be done before release, don't you think?

"play on the ref says"
this is a completely broken foul system, i'll be amazed if they fix it to the standard of there old games and Fifa's.

Lol..First you start complaining about the pitch.Which is imo excellent and more realistic then anything we have ever had in a footie game.The scale is perfect,as is the way space can now be used.We see much more of the action and it ties in with how we now can use angles better and micro manage with the cursor.Its like being in a stadium now and it's pretty clever coding the way the ai uses it,teammate and cpu.

Seen enough called fouls,they are in there.But there isn't the frequency or volume.Thats been heavily discussed and agreed on.

I don't know where you coming from because I have extensive experience with a similar product made by another company.I feel like I'm gaining so many things this year in pes that I'm only going to need one game,wink..Its a world away already for me.

Really chuffed,and I've been playing lots of the Xboxone demo tonight that's visually sharper,has less controller lag and looks and plays more akin to what I think the pc version will albeit at a lower res.Bit more of a refined product.At times the PS4 demo and Xboxone feel like different games,although the PS4 version is also very good.

You quoted me so I've dually obliged..I'm in dreamland!

Ive demonstrated defence and that the game isn't all offence via a capture,that also supports my opinion and findings with passing stats.It also demonstrates how you can still keep clean sheets and stop the opposition from getting in behind you,even with locked tactics.This game isn't a dribble past everyone game.The ai is just to good,especially when you play the game how it should be played on pa0 imo.The capture is aslo top player and I have almost a 90 percent passing accuracy rate,the same as the cpu,using pa0.

If people have negatives then express them.Dont quote me,I'm not that interested in discussing your negative experiences.Or why you think I'm wrong.Express it and move on!..You don't need me for that.

Live the life you love and love the life you live.

Im not negating technical or visual aspects I don't like on the other thread(it causes argument and hostility).Not my style.What you choose to do or say is your opinion.Please leave me out of it!

To answer your question,yes I would take this game as it is in a heartbeat(it's that good and bettter then anything I've ever played,Aswell as being up there with some of the best games I've played.High praise indeed),rather then a rush patch job that is detramental to the gameplay,others are entitled to feel different.

Last edited:
probably because it's supposed to be done before release, don't you think?

Nothing is suppose to be done bro. We as fans can hope things get done and get fixed. But to fix something that isn't going to crash the game isn't a necessity.

a game doesn't have to fix its flaws. Back in the days of PES on PS3 nothing got fixed. All the issues in FIFA don't get fixed either.

Small things get tweaked, but serious issues don't get addressed until the next entry of a game.
If PES increase fouls in a patch in November. It s a big deal. Because they are addressing something that could easily be left.

yes, and Adam was bragging about the pitch being bigger this year, like it's a good thing.:CONF:
Are you drunk? That's the one of the best parts of PES2018

"play on the ref says"
How this guy is still here but curdstar is banned is amazing. Fifa needs to be released already so he can be gone.

How this guy is still here but curdstar is banned is amazing. Fifa needs to be released already so he can be gone.

what's up with you? You are the issue here, if i show video proof of a broken foul system you say ban me. Why are you so fickle and personal with me? If you post something and i disagree with it, i don't say ban zeemeister.
I never once said anything shity to you! If i have show it. You can be a cool dude at times but others, well.
Again i don't play Fifa sir!
curdstar is here just trying like hell to avoid his normal self... He will slip up again, it's inevitable.

Last edited:
woow last years super star was so easy for me but noooooooooooow legend is so hard ...wooooooooooooow thanks konami i lose my first game 4 -0 so nice

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    379.8 KB · Views: 24
https://www.facebook.com/steven.warren.3914/posts/10209860070195523

Top player..pa0..basic shooting.

Stats tell there own story..Capture uploaded hd..More a demo of good cursor management and player management to trigger a deliberate offside trap..I deliberately give two balls to the opposition to demonstrate defensive shape and not allowing the cpu in behind me..Keeper caught my weak chip that would of been the money shot.

As your probably notice I'm powering the bar and thinking about first time passes before I've even received..

No green zoning or player freezing.Must admit I do prefer the Xboxone version.

At least you had the balls to try a chip shot. . ..I like that. . . too many people take the safe option.

I love walls of text ;)

So Adam/Konami are admitting an issue with shooting,passing,catch up bug and fouls after 3 or 4 years of abusing anyone who brings these things up?

I hope it's not a case of too little too late and they're not just making empty promises before release.
now they remember to look into it? since pes 2015 they ignore every post made about shooting and refs now? they respond?

what's up with you? You are the issue here, if i show video proof of a broken foul system you say ban me. Why are you so fickle and personal with me? If you post something and i disagree with it, i don't say ban zeemeister.
I never once said anything shity to you! If i have show it. You can be a cool dude at times but others, well.
Again i don't play Fifa sir!
curdstar is here just trying like hell to avoid his normal self... He will slip up again, it's inevitable.
Even I have an issue with the foul system.

Nobody here is claiming it is non existent then to put the cherry on the top you say it must be as good as Fifa's when they have issues with it?

Stop your trolling.

i will say what is different to with new gen pes, or at least since pes 2016.
since playing pes 3 and 4 on pc back in 2004 i barely scored any goal from distance or outside the area, the main difference since pes 2016 is that its too easy to hit the target with long shots, making it feel too assisted to make a successful shot, in the previous PES s u needed to find the perfect opportunity, to make a long ranger and score and or hit the target, this is what worries me in the new gen games, u had to work much harder in previous PES to score or score a header or a long range effort
many times in pes 5 and 6 i would look for the pass inside the area or try to score from inside the box rather than attempting a long range shot because it was really hard to score from long range on superstar difficulty, i had to always try to walk the ball into the net if i might say because it was for safer, guarantees more success of converting your chance into a goal.
many times in ML on pes 5 and 6 i would find the excitement of playing copa del rey with many injured players that i had to change for bench warmers, and it was the excitment of not knowing how u will score and when and in which deflection or scuffed shot,because these deflections, scuffed shots, shots wrong footing the keeper would happen, unlike the new games. for me it felt much better playing the older games because of the random situations u might encounter and because of the balanced foul system and collisions
this is my summery of how the new games are different than previous pes
i miss scoring goals like this, btw this is pes 2015 superstar vs cpu.
randomness is key.

Last edited:
now they remember to look into it? since pes 2015 they ignore every post made about shooting and refs now? they respond?

These were the responses usually

Shooting and passing= user should play manual (no proof) bla bla
Catch up bug = never existed until Adam brought it up as removing it is a new feature apparently
Fouls= In 10 mins of real lifematches there are no fouls, User should play in a certain way to draw fouls lol

And of course you get the people who just go around forums posting generic stuff like, GAME IS WONDERFUL CANT WAIT FOR RELEASE, I HAVE SO MANY FOULS SHOOTING IS AMAZING WOW, ML IS SO GREAT AI IS AMAZING then show us a screen shot with no fouls or shots all half haha

Then next week when the truth is out, we'll be asked to chill out it's just a game. Or be constructive as it may hurt some feelings....

Very entertaining :)

i will say what is different to with new gen pes, or at least since pes 2016.
since playing pes 3 and 4 on pc back in 2004 i barely scored any goal from distance or outside the area, the main difference since pes 2016 is that its too easy to hit the target with long shots, making it feel too assisted to make a successful shot, in the previous PES s u needed to find the perfect opportunity, to make a long ranger and score and or hit the target, this is what worries me in the new gen games, u had to work much harder in previous PES to score or score a header or a long range effort
many times in pes 5 and 6 i would look for the pass inside the area or try to score from inside the box rather than attempting a long range shot because it was really hard to score from long range on superstar difficulty, i had to always try to walk the ball into the net if i might say because it was for safer, guarantees more success of converting your chance into a goal.
many times in ML on pes 5 and 6 i would find the excitement of playing copa del rey with many injured players that i had to change for bench warmers, and it was the excitment of not knowing how u will score and when and in which deflection or scuffed shot,because these deflections, scuffed shots, shots wrong footing the keeper would happen, unlike the new games. for me it felt much better playing the older games because of the random situations u might encounter and because of the balanced foul system and collisions
this is my summery of how the new games are different than previous pes
i miss scoring goals like this, btw this is pes 2015 superstar vs cpu.
randomness is key.

Not so long ago ramgamer a lot of people were asking for the long range shots with the Pes5/6 feeling to be brought back. . .and Pes 15 came along to satisfy their needs. . even though passing the ball to the center of the box guaranteed you would score 9 out of 10 times. . .Pes 2016 gave the possiblity to score spectacular goals which became too easy as you have said and what happens then? The lads wanted long shots that just went over the bar or just wide .. they got that in Pes 2017 but no they said every goal feels the same .. well I must have played a different version, I've scored hundreds of different types of goals on Pes 17 from long range to scrambles. . .if you're scoring similar goals you're playing a similar way. . .this old romantic myth of scoring in Pes 5/6 felt better has eluded me. . .I have a lot of hope for Pes 2018 with a few tweaks and I hope the spins, dips swerves or whatever are there for everybody when shooting.

Catch up bug = never existed until Adam brought it up as removing it is a new feature apparently
Fouls= In 10 mins of real lifematches there are no fouls, User should play in a certain way to draw fouls lol

And of course you get the people who just go around forums posting generic stuff like, GAME IS WONDERFUL CANT WAIT FOR RELEASE, I HAVE SO MANY FOULS SHOOTING IS AMAZING WOW, ML IS SO GREAT AI IS AMAZING then show us a screen shot with no fouls or shots all half haha

Then next week when the truth is out, we'll be asked to chill out it's just a game. Or be constructive as it may hurt some feelings....

very true

its always the same old way of trying to hide the imperfections in the game by ignoring or giving any kind of excuse for the community who sees that things need to be adjusted if i may say and not fixed because the base game is great it really is and ahead of its competitor.

Not so long ago ramgamer a lot of people were asking for the long range shots with the Pes5/6 feeling to be brought back. . .and Pes 15 came along to satisfy their needs. . even though passing the ball to the center of the box guaranteed you would score 9 out of 10 times. . .Pes 2016 gave the possiblity to score spectacular goals which became too easy as you have said and what happens then? The lads wanted long shots that just went over the bar or just wide .. they got that in Pes 2017 but no they said every goal feels the same .. well I must have played a different version, I've scored hundreds of different types of goals on Pes 17 from long range to scrambles. . .if you're scoring similar goals you're playing a similar way. . .this old romantic myth of scoring in Pes 5/6 felt better has eluded me. . .I have a lot of hope for Pes 2018 with a few tweaks and I hope the spins, dips swerves or whatever are there for everybody when shooting.
i'll just say this much, scoring goals in PES 5, 3, WE9LE is more rewarding than 2018. I just played last week and shouted "yah" when i got my goal. Notice i said one goal.

but have to admit they did a bit of hype for me with this day one patch. als the fact that ive never played next gen pes so im waiting for the 14th. took 2 days off there :COOL:

Even I have an issue with the foul system.

Nobody here is claiming it is non existent then to put the cherry on the top you say it must be as good as Fifa's when they have issues with it?

Stop your trolling.
if i post how great the faces look 1000 times it's ok. i post a video on broken fouls and you say it's trolling.:DOH:
Just curious, when did you feel you had the right to say what's ok and not ok?:SIL:

stop your personal attacks.:TD:

Back
Top Bottom