PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

it's funny how in this video ball speed looks good, but in previous videos it looks to slow.

One of the main positive points of the new game is that it plays slower. .I thought the last video was quite quick . but in saying that when I played the beta it felt slow but when I played the recording back it looked quicker.. . .Mr Bonnndddd!

i wonder if turning the game speed to +1 would help.
I play on zero with 17,and I wouldn't say it differs from -1 when it comes to gk diving in slo mo,but all other aspects of movement looks and feels sharper.
I can hardly beat a slow defender on -1,but on zero I can.
Game is to fast on zero,but,players act more real on that speed

I used Brazil for seven days straight in the beta and Allison came off his line many times for me, when I would want him to, before I had to do it myself.

I like that video because it is Barcelona v. Barcelona, yet the pace is nice. Even what I think (I'm still not sure what people mean) is what people refer to as ping-pong passing is believable, because of the pace and because fast one-touch football is an actual thing in the sport, at all levels. It was ever so slightly present in PES2017, but in PES2018 it looks like doing so will decrease accuracy and overall momentum like it should if it is a more range-y one-touch game being utilized. That, combined with a new approach demanded when defending, that does work, along with simply the feeling of having more time on the ball, has me very hopeful about how the tempo of matches will organically be lowered by users, which could make online play in particular far more appealing.

Whatever code I played, whatever the quality of connection experienced over the beta, it has made PES2017 online play almost completely insufferable since returning to it. Even matches against the AI are feeling dull, but I take that as a big plus looking ahead to PES2018, as I was enjoying online play in PES2017, and got tons out of the offline play too. I can't wait until the demo, but even more so the full game itself now, as I am getting progressively more optimistic that it could be the most feature complete PES game, maybe ever. Certainly in the online gaming age anyway.

I don't think I could detail how utterly horrid returning to PES2017 online play is since the PES2018. The difference is huge

I did enjoy PES 17, mostly offline multiplayer but after playing for long periods I became bored of the basic nature of the shooting and lack of variety. Shots from long range almost always ended up with a keeper parry, and short range were nearly always dead in the bottom corner when a goal was scored.

I haven't played the beta so am wondering is shooting improved? I can remark some improvements, but it still lacks that variety that the competitor has

There is still something fundamentally off with shooting to my eyes. Look at the Messi goal in the video above at 3:04, it's almost like the ball picks up speed as it moves towards goal. :CONFUSE: I can't put my finger on it and it really bugs me, anyone knows physics here and can maybe explain it? You see the same problem on long shots too.

I wouldn't judge anything positioning wise on these guys though, they are terrible at the game. :LOL:

I think, that so far as online play goes, I might initially see what gives with stat balancing mode. Done right, that could work quite well in my opinion.

Does it really matter if the keeper is floating? Does it do its job? If yes then it's good enough for me.

What?

Of course it matters. Show me one YouTube clip of a real match where the keeper literally floats in mid-air when diving. This problem has been there for years now - how does it keep getting past the testers? It takes you completely out of the game. One of the pleasures of scoring (and narrowly missing) goals is lifelike keeper reactions. PES 5/6 had them, FIFA 16 has them, PES doesn't anymore. That's why scoring/shooting feels so dull.

What?

Of course it matters. Show me one YouTube clip of a real match where the keeper literally floats in mid-air when diving. This problem has been there for years now - how does it keep getting past the testers? It takes you completely out of the game. One of the pleasures of scoring (and narrowly missing) goals is lifelike keeper reactions. PES 5/6 had them, FIFA 16 has them, PES doesn't anymore. That's why scoring/shooting feels so dull.
agree totally with what u said, the goal scoring has no satisfaction like the ones i had in pes 5 and 6

Don't get me wrong, I am very much an oldie myself.

I'm absolutely writing a chapter of that book.

I would write a chapter which entitled Apocalypse Tweaks about how editing the game sent me into a downward spiral of insanity one winter. I changed every single player in the game and tested every team to make sure they felt just right and I was happy with the game play and then konami brought out a patch which kind of did what my changes has done and so ruined my stat changes.

I fixed this and then they patched the game again. My wife and mother both told me separately I needed to stop as it was leaving me unhinged

I would write a chapter which entitled Apocalypse Tweaks about how editing the game sent me into a downward spiral of insanity one winter. I changed every single player in the game and tested every team to make sure they felt just right and I was happy with the game play and then konami brought out a patch which kind of did what my changes has done and so ruined my stat changes.

I fixed this and then they patched the game again. My wife and mother both told me separately I needed to stop as it was leaving me unhinged

Or just pull the Ethernet cable out the back of your console.

TBH if there aren't sliders then I feel like editing down to the level of individual players (save for one or two extreme cases per team, perhaps) is the sort of thing that leads to The Magic Roundabout theme playing in your head forever. Without some sort of editing tool to make the whole thing a million times faster it's just not worth the permanent damage it'll do to your sanity.

Come on now, it was only after you killed that prostitute, carved "KONAMI STOP RESETTING MY EDITS" into her back and flew to Japan to throw her body into Konami HQ's reception, whistling the theme to The Magic Roundabout as you made your escape, that they said maybe (MAYBE) you were unhinged.

Or just pull the Ethernet cable out the back of your console.

TBH if there aren't sliders then I feel like editing down to the level of individual players (save for one or two extreme cases per team, perhaps) is the sort of thing that leads to The Magic Roundabout theme playing in your head forever. Without some sort of editing tool to make the whole thing a million times faster it's just not worth the permanent damage it'll do to your sanity.

At the time quite a lot of people used to download my files of game play tweaks. People were downloading the changes with my name on and then the patch and it was playing crap. A couple of years earlier one of my tweaks had something like 50k downloads and then konami getting into a cycle of changing game play with every patch basically shut down editing game play in this way

Sliders really are the way to go forward. Everyone has different tastes from the speed of the game, to how fast you want teams to go from defense to attack and shooting accuracy. Konami could do themselves a great deal of good by putting them in as there is no way they will come up with some magical setting that everyone likes the most

Come on now, it was only after you killed that prostitute, carved "KONAMI STOP RESETTING MY EDITS" into her back and flew to Japan to throw her body into Konami HQ's reception, whistling the theme to The Magic Roundabout as you made your escape, that they said maybe (MAYBE) you were unhinged.

She knew what they was getting into when she talked me down from that library tower and took the gun

Bloody Hell guys I'm 32 and you manage to make me feel like a toddler. And I thought I was old compared to the average gamer guy... :PP
Evo web is such a long time around and I think the average age is going up.
Maybe I can say about myself that I am older than the average player. You consider yourself as old with 32 year? I am exactly twice as old as you! :BOUNCE:I still like playing PES and that is the most important thing.

Back
Top Bottom