PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I played in a band myself years ago Rock.. . guitar. . we'll have a jam someday buddy and let Back in Black rip.
Cool,guitar as well mate,fun story,watching track and field right now,and playing guitar.
Just finished playing high voltage,love those old Ac dc albums.
Half my living room is a guitar store right now since we're moving to another rehearsal room.
The missus not being to impressed...

Great post Curdstar . .btw I'm nearly 54 but look in my thirties .. that's what the birds tell me anyway . .you're only a baby man. . .I only discovered the playstation through my nephew in the late 90's and have played Pes since the International Superstar series and then every title since that. . I used to play with a mate from a computer maintenance course in 1999 as his gaff was on the way home. . this guy had a few quid and had his attic converted into a games room, the type of attic where you walk straight into it from the stairs. . .. wide screen tv. . the works. . .used to play for hours for a few years after that up until Pes 4 until he became a copper .. he wouldn't mix with the riff raff anymore ha ha. . but have played it by myself ever since. . Curdstar the feckin stone roses? No way. . never liked them. . I was a huge smiths fan for years and still love ac/dc .. (c'mon they're Scottish really). . saw them a few times in Dublin . . and I didn't balloon that shot over on a blue arrow on purpose. Like yourself I thought that Pes 3 stood out as different at the time. . now . . where's me slippers? . .

Y'see, this is why I love football games and I think it goes unnoticed - they can lure in all folks of all ages just like the real sport when they are done right.

54? Man, that gives me encouragement, mate. I have said it before but I think the best football game will be one that is so streamlined in control, so relatable, yet so deep, more people will get on board with these games, again from all walks of life and all ages. I mean, surely that is what we all want, right? More players, more styles. There is dude called pesmunki who frequents WENB and who again is older than I, but has this love of the sport that I find so relatable. When I watch some of his vids I can see a player likely not too different than either of us, Deco. Someone who has all that experience of the game at hand and the real sport that sees them just take pleasure in being able to craft. We might not be the best, in fact absolutely certainly not, but at least this series has allowed us to express oursleves and dip into our memory bank to as far back as the 80's. Not sure if I have said this before but I love playing international matches at the Burg Stadion in daytime in PES2017 as there is this Mexico 86 vibe to it all. FIFA has never done that. FIFA doesn't want my nostalgia, my desire to escape the real sport and to take a journey into the pretendo-verse that is PES' ML. It wants to remind me that my club in real life, Partick Thistle, are rock bottom of the league before I even kick a virtual ball. I play to escape the reality of the sport, but I want it to feel like and play out like football on the pitch. PES allows that, in spite of its issues.

Yep, the Stone Roses. Their first album is the most important album of my life and it came at just the right time in my life. I love The Smiths too, along with Joy Division. Manchester is a city I love, and the music, born of the working class getting fucked off and fed-up is relatable to a deep thinking hedonist like I. I wish the pre-match settings and gameplan screen for PES was either "Incubation" or "No Love Lost" by Joy Division. Proper "Alright! Let's be having you!" tunes

Don't worry. Deco always bounced back in my ML in PES3. Just a little less of the blue arrow nonsense, ok?

Y'see, this is why I love football games and I think it goes unnoticed - they can lure in all folks of all ages just like the real sport when they are done right.

54? Man, that gives me encouragement, mate. I have said it before but I think the best football game will be one that is so streamlined in control, so relatable, yet so deep, more people will get on board with these games, again from all walks of life and all ages. I mean, surely that is what we all want, right? More players, more styles. There is dude called pesmunki who frequents WENB and who again is older than I, but has this love of the sport that I find so relatable. When I watch some of his vids I can see a player likely not too different than either of us, Deco. Someone who has all that experience of the game at hand and the real sport that sees them just take pleasure in being able to craft. We might not be the best, in fact absolutely certainly not, but at least this series has allowed us to express oursleves and dip into our memory bank to as far back as the 80's. Not sure if I have said this before but I love playing international matches at the Burg Stadion in daytime in PES2017 as there is this Mexico 86 vibe to it all. FIFA has never done that. FIFA doesn't want my nostalgia, my desire to escape the real sport and to take a journey into the pretendo-verse that is PES' ML. It wants to remind me that my club in real life, Partick Thistle, are rock bottom of the league before I even kick a virtual ball. I play to escape the reality of the sport, but I want it to feel like and play out like football on the pitch. PES allows that, in spite of its issues.

Yep, the Stone Roses. Their first album is the most album of my life and it came at just the time in my life. I love The Smiths too, along with Joy Division. Manchester is a city I love, and the music, born of the working class getting fucked off and fed-up is relatable to a deep thinking hedonist like I. I wish the pre-match settings and gameplan screen for PES was either "Incubation" or "No Love Lost" by Joy Division. Proper "Alright! Let's be having you!" tunes

Don't worry. Deco always bounced back in my ML in PES3. Just a little less of the blue arrow nonsense, ok?

I had a few chats with Pesmunki on Youtube curdstar to tell him that he's the only one on wenb with any balls .. love the way that guy stands up to Vital and all the other psuedo -intellectuals . .he's a good player I subscribed to his channel ..a good bloke ..I like his vids . . you do know that the Smiths are half Dublin . .Morrissey's parents came from a mile away from where I live now. . .actually Manchester and Liverpool are well connected to Dublin. .you seem relieved Curdstar to find that you're not that old in relation to others on the site ha ha. Strange thing is that I find the night games in Pes have more of an atmosphere than day matches I absolutely hate day matches . .cloudy evening matches usually play great.

great post curdstar, i always loved my AMIGA experience, somewhere i have also a Zx spectrum (a cousin heritage).
I totally agree about feelings that football games move over the mass, i had hundred of discussions about FM and TT&F with people from everywhere, people that without a pc football game i never would have met..
I'm 36 and i can quietly celebrate a quarter of century of football games played :)
Probably for me the peak was SWOS

Last edited:
Cool,guitar as well mate,fun story,watching track and field right now,and playing guitar.
Just finished playing high voltage,love those old Ac dc albums.
Half my living room is a guitar store right now since we're moving to another rehearsal room.
The missus not being to impressed...

How good are you rock at playing?. .it takes an awful lot of time and work to become a decent player

great post curdstar, i always loved my AMIGA experience, somewhere i have also a Zx spectrum (a cousin heritage).
I totally agree about feelings that football games move over the mass, i had hundred of discussions about FM and TT&F with people from everywhere, people that without a pc football game i never would have met..
I'm 37 and i can quietly celebrate a quarter of century of football games played :)
Probably for me the peak was SWOS

kilay what country are you from? . .I used a lot of your tactics in Pes 2017. . good stuff

How good are you rock at playing?. .it takes an awful lot of time and work to become a decent player
Good question mate,I'm ok,I've played for 25 years,but the last 2-3 years I've really started to "study" and go on deep to alot of different styles, mainly blues,since that's the starting point for all music I listen to,doesn't matter if it's bands like stiff little fingers/Metallica/AC DC/joy Division,the blues is always the foundation with how you change chords etc.
I play guitar at least 2-3 hours a day,watching TV/cooking/Doing the bills,the guitar is always there:)

Italy mate, really close to Turin
about tactics tnks mate, i hope that 2018 allow me to do a better work
maybe the new wingback advanced tactics and defend feature could solve the basical issues with the fullbacks
Then you must be Torino mate,not the other team...
Please not the other team...
Love Buffon though

Italy mate, really close to Turin
about tactics tnks mate, i hope that 2018 allow me to do a better work
maybe the new wingback advanced tactics and defend feature could solve the basical issues with the fullbacks

I love the Italian style of football kilay. . that's why I usually pick Serie B for ML . .look forward to you tactics.

Good question mate,I'm ok,I've played for 25 years,but the last 2-3 years I've really started to "study" and go on deep to alot of different styles, mainly blues,since that's the starting point for all music I listen to,doesn't matter if it's bands like stiff little fingers/Metallica/AC DC/joy Division,the blues is always the foundation with how you change chords etc.
I play guitar at least 2-3 hours a day,watching TV/cooking/Doing the bills,the guitar is always there:)

I only mess around with it these days . .it's hard work . .I'm good at thinking up riffs ..I usually practice on the acoustic with 13 gauge to strengthen up the hands.. . have to put more time in to it. . a friend who I grew up with Rock was the most gifted guitarists i have ever came across ..he couldn't compose but he could play anything perfectly . .he had huge strong hands .

I only mess around with it these days . .it's hard work . .I'm good at thinking up riffs ..I usually practice on the acoustic with 13 gauge to strengthen up the hands.. . have to put more time in to it. . a friend who I grew up with Rock was the most gifted guitarists i have ever came across ..he couldn't compose but he could play anything perfectly . .he had huge strong hands .
Look at Jimi Hendrix hands....
Yeah it takes a shitload of practice,but the main focuse is having fun,that's always been my attitude,once you get good ok,still have that attitude,neither one of us will become the next Rory G or G Moore.
Only acoustic nowadays?
Great thing with all new technology,I have a killer studio in my iPad now,wish we had those opportunities when younger.
I strictly play the electric guitar,got three babies a Les Paul,a SG and V

Look at Jimi Hendrix hands....
Yeah it takes a shitload of practice,but the main focuse is having fun,that's always been my attitude,once you get good ok,still have that attitude,neither one of us will become the next Rory G or G Moore.
Only acoustic nowadays?
Great thing with all new technology,I have a killer studio in my iPad now,wish we had those opportunities when younger.
I strictly play the electric guitar,got three babies a Les Paul,a SG and V

But what I mean is I play electric rock guitar with the acoustic .. .it's harder but makes playing on the electric easier when you switch over. . .vibrato is very hard though.

But what I mean is I play electric rock guitar with the acoustic .. .it's harder but makes playing on the electric easier when you switch over. . .vibrato is very hard though.
Aha,yeah makes sense,I always practice with my guitars unplugged,the I move on to really nailing it on the amp,the tricky part is getting it sounding great when playing very loud (live) since every little mistake gets noticed.
Yeah vibrato is tricky,having a good guitar helps,since it responds better.
Learning very easy blues scales helps vibrato/bending a lot.
Like a simple pentatonic scale

Aha,yeah makes sense,I always practice with my guitars unplugged,the I move on to really nailing it on the amp,the tricky part is getting it sounding great when playing very loud (live) since every little mistake gets noticed.
Yeah vibrato is tricky,having a good guitar helps,since it responds better.
Learning very easy blues scales helps vibrato/bending a lot.
Like a simple pentatonic scale

I'd say you're pretty advanced rock . .I'm only a part timer. . love to hear you jam sometime bud.

Then you must be Torino mate,not the other team...
Please not the other team...
Love Buffon though

Sincerely i don't have a favourites team, usually i goes to stadium just to see some rock band (really loved and love Angus and Bryan), but lastly i'm a little close at home :P so i'm missing a little from this scenario.
Anyway i sympatize for Juventus but i'm more centered over foreign leagues then the italian one, but this years with the Asian charmains the things seem changed. Probably will be more quality and a more balanced competition..
I really loved the years before calciopoli , of course i'm not agree with the system, but there was a lot of quality players in italian league and a lot of little club could be outsiders ( Parma of Nevio Scala , Sampdoria of Gullit or the Lazio of Cragnotti just some example). Now i prefer the Premier League, but i always loved the Scottish Division, on FM i won anything with my Hearts of Midlothian.
Anyway i've a lot of friends of the Granata side and (some of them also play PES) and sometime we try to recreate some derby and always some player is :R1

Last edited:
Same here mate,if I'm in Dublin,or if you're in the south of Sweden,shits getting down.
YouTube is a massive help when it comes to learn new stuff mate,and learning new stuff drives us fw

Sincerely i don't have a favourites team, usually i goes to stadium just to see some rock band (really loved and love Angus and Bryan), but lastly i'm a little close at home :P so i'm missing a little from this scenario.
Anyway i sympatize for Juventus but i'm more centered over foreign leagues then the italian one, but this years with the Asian charmain the things seem changed. Probably will be more quality and a more balanced competition..
I really loved the years before calciopoli , of course i'm not agree with the system, but there was a lot of quality players in italian league and a lot of little club could be outsiders ( Parma of Nevio Scala , Sampdoria of Gullit or the Lazio of Cragnotti just some example). Now i prefer the Premier League, but i always loved the Scottish Division, on FM i won anything with my Hearts of Midlothian.
Anyway i've a lot of friends of the Granata side and (some of them also play PES) and sometime we try to recreate some derby and always some player is :R1
I hear you mate,being Swedish I've always had a lot of love for Serie A both from a supporter standpoint,we pretty much imported the ultras culture here in the late 70s.
And being Swedish,we've had a few massive players back in the day there,with The Gre-no-Li trio of Milan,think Nordahls goal record stood until the other year when Totti broke it.
So big Serie A fan.
Love the atmosphere,and the smartness in defending in Italy

Wow, didn't know that you were that involved with the game and the community.

Yeah, from late 2009 through to June 2013 I was pretty active on WENB. I think I said I was getting fed-up with community involvement and wasn't because of WENB. Actually, it was more that it wasn't WENB at all, but just me. I felt like I should be growing out of it and with my private life a wee bit all over the shop (I'll touch on this in my proper follow up to my previous lengthy posts) that feeling gathered more and more steam.

Okay, so what I say now is not aimed directly at anyone. Is just something I want to get off my chest.

There are a good few folk throughout the communities who give Adam stick and have given me stick for defending him; as if the only reason I was doing so was because he was getting me access, or that he or Konami had brainwashed me when I forgot to put the community endorsed tin-foil hat on, or something. As I have said prior, I have a large, good circle of lifelong friends up where I live, but during that difficult time that ran from 2011 through 2012 and even into 2013, Adam was like a brother to me, especially after my break-up with my girlfriend. Dude would phone me every night just to make sure I was keeping my chin up. Dude would pay money out of his own pocket to ensure I got down to see the game and got out and about, away from all that was familiar. He wasn't trying to buy praise for the game, as he was at WENB at the time, not Konami. He just wanted me to play it asap. Romagnoli was invited to his house to play PES2012 early code as well, if I recall, but he was part of another group. All this done at his family home. Dude, when I flew into Manchester, alone, following my mates wedding week in Greece 2012 came and picked me up and he and his wife put me up for the night. I wasn't booked to fly into Glasgow along with the others in the wedding party due to all the uncertainty surrounding arrangements, so when I left them I was a pretty vulnerable soul, filled with emotion. Adam made sure my journey home wasn't a long and very lonely feeling one. He didn't know what I was feeling and as I didn't share it, but that journey home, sitting in the airport with just my thoughts and emotions, was a difficult one. Adam's gesture was a tiny thing in the grand scheme of things but it was welcome and he had no obligation to do that. Adam is very much a friend. I think it was post-PES2016 transfer update news that someone from here, whom I thankfully don't remember, replied "good" when someone posted that he was getting racist and threatening PM's on facebook. I replied to that guy asking him to post his real name and not hide behind his username. I asked them to put their name, in full, on it. I'm glad they didn't, because that was crossing a personal line.

I have started speaking to Adam on the phone again recently, but I will get into why that is "again" when I come back to this. We didn't fall out, but I did fall out with just about everything else about me and my life, which is what the next part will cover.

I'll say this though: Adam is no fraud when it comes to PES. People will not embrace that for numerous reasons, but the fact is the guy's passion for the series is beyond question. I'll also say this: if a time came when someone from here or elsewhere among the various communities were to land a role working on the game and I didn't know them personally, perhaps didn't get along with them in discussions, I would give them my full support, along with feeling relieved that representation for us guys was to continue. I don't think we truly appreciate how good we have got it in that regard. Nobody is perfect, and we will not always see eye to eye with others, but we do have a true fan representing the game globally. I hope that continues for years to come, whoever is in the role.

I hear you mate,being Swedish I've always had a lot of love for Serie A both from a supporter standpoint,we pretty much imported the ultras culture here in the late 70s.
And being Swedish,we've had a few massive players back in the day there,with The Gre-no-Li trio of Milan,think Nordahls goal record stood until the other year when Totti broke it.
So big Serie A fan.
Love the atmosphere,and the smartness in defending in Italy

I really liked the 1994 swedish NT, i remember well that World Cup i was thirteen and i was been really impressed to see how the swedish football come back to a good level. Unfortunately i've missed the Gre-No-Li trio (too young to remember) :(

Yeah, from late 2009 through to June 2013 I was pretty active on WENB. I think I said I was getting fed-up with community involvement and wasn't because of WENB. Actually, it was more that it wasn't WENB at all, but just me. I felt like I should be growing out of it and with my private life a wee bit all over the shop (I'll touch on this in my proper follow up to my previous lengthy posts) that feeling gathered more and more steam.

Okay, so what I say now is not aimed directly at anyone. Is just something I want to get off my chest.

There are a good few folk throughout the communities who give Adam stick and have given me stick for defending him; as if the only reason I was doing so was because he was getting me access, or that he or Konami had brainwashed me when I forgot to put the community endorsed tin-foil hat on, or something. As I have said prior, I have a large, good circle of lifelong friends up where I live, but during that difficult time that ran from 2011 through 2012 and even into 2013, Adam was like a brother to me, especially after my break-up with my girlfriend. Dude would phone me every night just to make sure I was keeping my chin up. Dude would pay money out of his own pocket to ensure I got down to see the game and got out and about, away from all that was familiar. He wasn't trying to buy praise for the game, as he was at WENB at the time, not Konami. He just wanted me to play it asap. Romagnoli was invited to his house to play PES2012 early code as well, if I recall, but he was part of another group. All this done at his family home. Dude, when I flew into Manchester, alone, following my mates wedding week in Greece 2012 came and picked me up and he and his wife put me up for the night. I wasn't booked to fly into Glasgow along with the others in the wedding party due to all the uncertainty surrounding arrangements, so when I left them I was a pretty vulnerable soul, filled with emotion. Adam made sure my journey home wasn't a long and very lonely feeling one. He didn't know what I was feeling and as I didn't share it, but that journey home, sitting in the airport with just my thoughts and emotions, was a difficult one. Adam's gesture was a tiny thing in the grand scheme of things but it was welcome and he had no obligation to do that. Adam is very much a friend. I think it was post-PES2016 transfer update news that someone from here, whom I thankfully don't remember, replied "good" when someone posted that he was getting racist and threatening PM's on facebook. I replied to that guy asking him to post his real name and not hide behind his username. I asked them to put their name, in full, on it. I'm glad they didn't, because that was crossing a personal line.

I have started speaking to Adam on the phone again recently, but I will get into why that is "again" when I come back to this. We didn't fall out, but I did fall out with just about everything else about me and my life, which is what the next part will cover.

I'll say this though: Adam is no fraud when it comes to PES. People will not embrace that for numerous reasons, but the fact is the guy's passion for the series is beyond question. I'll also say this: if a time came when someone from here or elsewhere among the various communities were to land a role working on the game and I didn't know them personally, perhaps didn't get along with them in discussions, I would give them my full support, along with feeling relieved that representation for us guys was to continue. I don't think we truly appreciate how good we have got it in that regard. Nobody is perfect, and we will not always see eye to eye with others, but we do have a true fan representing the game globally. I hope that continues for years to come, whoever is in the role.

Personally curdstar I never had a problem with Adam . . and after listening to him on the Podcast with B-man and Matt and co. I've become more understanding of his stance.. he sounded genuine on the podcast and explained the difficulties he faces.. any critiscism I have is directed towards konami themselves although I don't shake my my fist at the sky damning them that much. .where are you coming from with this? There's not many attacking him here is there?

Ok can I ask a question of evoweb members .. when I play from left to right as you look at the screen my defender on the left wing when trying to progress up the wing becomes cornered by the opposition and runs into a corral where he either has to get rid of the ball or loses it.. .when I'm playing from right to left this doesn't happen. .you have more freedom to run down the right wing when you are playing from right to left... anybody notice this?

Happy to know that Adam is a good person, (i never thought was bad) but some of our critic are totally understandable.. I don't think who no one has never said.. 'Is really a crap, i will never buy that cuz .... bla bla bla' but really there are some issue that should be fixed from years ( over all stop the forced update for the menthal health of any modder and users) and that don't require a great effort

Personally curdstar I never had a problem with Adam . . and after listening to him on the Podcast with B-man and Matt and co. I've become more understanding of his stance.. he sounded genuine on the podcast and explained the difficulties he faces.. any critiscism I have is directed towards konami themselves although I don't shake my my fist at the sky damning them that much. .where are you coming from with this? There's not many attacking him here is there?

You are right that attacks on him have most certainly reduced over the past year, but I guess I just wanted to share my experiences of the man, and how he isn't some opportunist laughing down at us in these communities. My most recent conversation with him last week suggests that not only does he value all the community feedback, even the most barbed, but Konami do as well. Yes, there is a global approach to feedback, but they absolutely know where to look when it comes to in-depth discussion and critique of the game. Surveys are very useful, yes, but greater dissection and discussion helps massively too. We now have a situation that could benefit the series massively moving forward. No, it isn't that the game is becoming more "westernised" but there is now an eagerness to combine the Japanese craft and experience of the developers with the fans of the series and sport in general who are more local to the game at the highest level. Everybody is learning in the new development environment in place, but the goals they are all looking to achieve are very similar. There is massive potential there.

Ok can I ask a question of evoweb members .. when I play from left to right as you look at the screen my defender on the left wing when trying to progress up the wing becomes cornered by the opposition and runs into a corral where he either has to get rid of the ball or loses it.. .when I'm playing from right to left this doesn't happen. .you have more freedom to run down the right wing when you are playing from right to left... anybody notice this?

randomly something like that happen also to me, but is the inverse, which camera are you using?
could it be a prospective issue? or maybe different tactics of the opposite?
Remember also that the dynamic IA should adopt itself to your style of play, so there is a lot of variable that could change that during a match

I really liked the 1994 swedish NT, i remember well that World Cup i was thirteen and i was been really impressed to see how the swedish football come back to a good level. Unfortunately i've missed the Gre-No-Li trio (too young to remember) :(
Same here mate,back in the 50's
Yeah we've had a good side for a while ,and with the new generation it looks good,beating France in the latest qf for The world cuo

randomly something like that happen also to me, but is the inverse, which camera are you using?
Remember also that the dynamic IA should adopt itself to your style of play, so there is a lot of variable that could change that during a match

kilay it's just something that I have noticed for a long time and I use one of the wide cameras not sure which one .. you have just said that you noticed it too so I'm not imagining it. .. .if you move the ball with a defender from the left to right perspective he will reach a dead end. .but not from right to left. . it's puzzling me lately.

Haven't thought of that,or hasn't happened to me.
Usually attack on my right wing when playing L-R.
I'll take a look at it in the morning

Back
Top Bottom