PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

kilay it's just something that I have noticed for a long time and I use one of the wide cameras not sure which one .. you have just said that you noticed it too so I'm not imagining it. .. .if you move the ball with a defender from the left to right perspective he will reach a dead end. .but not from right to left. . it's puzzling me lately.

changing camera totally change the game ,IMO also about we feel the speed of the game...
I've passed week simulating CPU vs CPU match and changing from this camera (i'm on PC so thnks to Nesa for that camera unlock)

to this one

totally change my feelings

changing camera totally change the game ,IMO also about we feel the speed of the game...
I've passed week simulating CPU vs CPU match and changing from this camera (i'm on PC so thnks to Nesa for that camera unlock)

to this one

to this one

Kilay I probably explained it wrong .. when you are looking at the screen from left to right attacking you will become cornered on the left side of the pitch when you are running up the wing from left to right
on the right wing in the second half running from right to left( the far side of your screen )you have more freedom to move .

Last edited:
Did anyone ever go "balls deep" with vs. COM friendlies in myClub, in which you face off against users cloud match sides in PES2017?

I have went up a few skill levels and have to say I love playing against the AI in this mode. Even some games on Regular were giving me issues but the AI hasn't felt as predictable as it sometimes can in any other vs. com match. Weird, but kinda cool.

Camera angles changes the game so much,last time, before restarting my ML I played on a camera that was pretty much a broadcast camera,now I play a few clicks higher up,the pace changes,and also the difficulty,i think my top player difficulty was much harder on a low cam than my SS on a slightly higher one

sorry mate, i''m not well explained these are just two screen to explain the camera prospective don't look where is the action. I'm talking about everything

Oh, and watching SIM matches played by my myClub side prove incredibly entertaining as my side seem to be trying to replicate my playing style. Yes, maybe with a bit more tendency to do AI-y-type things, but they do kinda play like I do. Maybe I will give this, as well as the vs. COM modes a bit more attention in myClub in PES2018.

Camera angles changes the game so much,last time, before restarting my ML I played on a camera that was pretty much a broadcast camera,now I play a few clicks higher up,the pace changes,and also the difficulty,i think my top player difficulty was much harder on a low cam than my SS on a slightly higher one

i've seen a loot of people playng with player 2 camera, i think is totally a different game

sorry mate, i''m not well explained these are just two screen to explain the camera prospective don't look where is the action. I'm talking about everything

Both your screens are playing from right to left . .one half of your match your team plays from left to right at kickoff . .the far side of the pitch at kick off for the team starting the match is running on the far left side. . you switch sides and then play from right to left in the second half . .do you not get that?

Oh, and watching SIM matches played by my myClub side prove incredibly entertaining as my side seem to be trying to replicate my playing style. Yes, maybe with a bit more tendency to do AI-y-type things, but they do kinda play like I do. Maybe I will give this, as well as the vs. COM modes a bit more attention in myClub in PES2018.

i've tried that on 2016, also for me was funny... IA respond correctly to a lot of input and IMO is not easy play versus the CPU (in 2016 was more simple) , but there are some bad behaviors that should be removed or at least assigned to a better logic (switching to red slider or purple slider in tournaments ML BAL mode is really a crap).
Playing the World Cup final and see Germany that move on the all of attack scheme for 50 minutes ( Extra Time included) with Hummels placed as Second Striker bring to death the realism

Kilay i'm fuckin confused meself now .. .If a team kicks off a match it's from left to right ok. . .if a defender runs up the pitch on the far side of the camera the left side he will get cornered . ..in the second half they are playing from right to left . .on the right side of the pitch the far side in the second half they don't get cornered as much ok.

Last edited:
Both your screens are playing from right to left . .one half of your match your team plays from left to right at kickoff . .the far side of the pitch at kick off for the team starting the match is running on the far left side. . you switch sides and then play from right to left in the second half . .do you not get that?

i understood your point and i repeat that was just to explain the different camera feelings not about your previous question . BTW my previous answer about my feeling of different side space is the same :)
are just two random screen with different camera

i understood your point and i repeat that was just to explain the different camera feelings not about your previous question . BTW my previous answer about my feeling of different side space is the same :)
are just two random screen with different camera

Ok but do you know what I mean and have you experienced the cutoff for your defender on the far side of the pitch?

yes, i know what you mean .. sometime happen to me but sometime they're corner me also to the close side, i think is sometime about tactics behavior assigned to the team ,like the advanced tactics that are enabled without any settings via edit mode. (movement, forced overlap, closing the center, high-less pressing and so on)
dt 18 (the gameplay in few words) is a file on pc that contains a lot of this info but another part of that is written over the exe itself
over the console system i think is pretty the same, like @Matt10 has explained some time ago about ATT/DEF behavior .
IMO real madrid has different hidden info inside his tactics compared with the Arsenal one , so also if you have the same disposal and players with the same overall/role/ability the two teams play in a different way.

P.s. Matt all the better things for your son and your family

Last edited:
yes, i know what you mean .. sometime happen to me but sometime they're corner me also to the close side, i think is sometime about tactics behavior assigned to the team ,like the advanced tactics that are enabled without any settings via edit mode. (movement, forced overlap, closing the center, high-less pressing and so on)
dt 18 (the gameplay in few words) is a file on pc that contains a lot of this info but another part of that is written over the exe itself
over the console system i think is pretty the same, like @Matt10 has explained some time ago about ATT/DEF behavior .
IMO real madrid has different hidden info inside his tactics compared with the Arsenal one , so also if you have the same disposal and players with the same overall/role/ability the two teams play in a different way.

I don't think it's down to tactics it happens all the time . .watch it the next time you play a match.. .I should have learned Italian in school then I could have explained it better. . .that was so funny trying to explain it, I was rolling on the floor laughing.

It's been really good to read some of the stuff you guys have been posting. It's really enlightening for us, and no doubt as Alan said, it must be cathartic to be able to get some of this stuff out in the open. Matt, I hope all goes well with the little one mate. As you say, perspective comes to the fore when something like this crops up in your life. All the best to you and the family.

Alan - to answer the question you'd wanted to ask - sometimes, round a mate's house with a few guys. By and large it was just over tinnies with my housemates at uni, pre and post pub, pre and post hangover. I had to roomshare in the first year at uni and mine was the PES room, so I'd often wake up to 5 or 6 grotty students perched on the end of my bed playing PES 1, or eating toast smeared with anything runnier than toast. And the number of lectures I missed because of PES 3... If I could have done a module on trying to nail the triple shot fake whilst in your dressing gown trying to hold down last night's mix of Fosters, red aftershock and kebab meat & chips, or an essay on the merits of buying Roberto Baggio from Brescia to spearhead your original ML team's attack, then I'd be a PhD with published papers coming out of my arse.

I'll probably go into more detail at some point, but it's way too late now and I'm more interested in the very honest and personal stuff Curd, Matt and others have been writing anyway. I'm sure most of us can relate to much of what's been said in our own ways. Top communitying, gents.

Last edited:
Bloody Hell guys I'm 32 and you manage to make me feel like a toddler. And I thought I was old compared to the average gamer guy... :PP

By the way, my videogame history dates back to Nintendo World Cup (the first footie game I remember having played, on my GameBoy), then Super Sidekicks 2 (the one where you could slap the referee after being booked, yay!) and some Sensible Soccer on a friend's Amiga.
Once I discovered ISS Deluxe on the SNES (it was the SNES, wasn't it?) I fell in love with the 'scenarios'... And then I spent years and years playing ISS 64 and ISS 98 on the Nintendo 64.
From there on, it was PES 3 till 6 on PC (with PES 4 and 5, basically 2005, being one of the best periods of my life... And not only because I joined here), then (I admit it) I've been doing some back and forth from FIFA...
But still it's absolutely great to see what PES has meant for many of us. :BEER:

Last edited:
Kilay I probably explained it wrong .. when you are looking at the screen from left to right attacking you will become cornered on the left side of the pitch when you are running up the wing from left to right
on the right wing in the second half running from right to left( the far side of your screen )you have more freedom to move .

For what i am understanding you are saying that your LM is being cornered when attacking L to R, so its normal that on the second half, you have more freedom on the far side of the screen as that is your RM who had more freedom to in the first half. Its like you saying that Ronaldo in the first half when you are attacking L to R, is being cornered, and in second half Bale has more freedom While Ronaldo keeps getting cornered...

Am i thinking right Deco?

For what i am understanding you are saying that your LM is being cornered when attacking L to R, so its normal that on the second half, you have more freedom on the far side of the screen as that is your RM who had more freedom to in the first half. Its like you saying that Ronaldo in the first half when you are attacking L to R, is being cornered, and in second half Bale has more freedom While Ronaldo keeps getting cornered...

Am i thinking right Deco?

Kind of. .I go up the left flank from left to right I get cornered a lot . . .in the second half if I go up the right flank playing from right to left it doesn't seem to happen much and I have more freedom to get up the right flank . .. . .happens to me a lot unless its just the way that I play . . .the left flank playing from left to right is blocked much more than the right.

What's holding Konami back from freeing up the camera angles?

For example, in the replays there is a gorgeous Broadcast Camera, and it runs at full speed.

But the gameplay Broadcast Camera is too zoomed in, lags behind the ball, and has that daft cut to the sidelines.

had a kondogbia moment in 2017 I was using my ML team save to play friendly games vs classic teams I had downloaded and had a great game with Baggios Brescia 2-2 last couple of minutes i was trying different things I went to play a 1-2 with a fk and then launch it forward to see if i could send it over the top as their back line pushed up to run on to but because my player took a touch instead of hitting it first time like i asked it registered the power input but was too late to change direction and well...

had a kondogbia moment in 2017 I was using my ML team save to play friendly games vs classic teams I had downloaded and had a great game with Baggios Brescia 2-2 last couple of minutes i was trying different things I went to play a 1-2 with a fk and then launch it forward to see if i could send it over the top as their back line pushed up to run on to but because my player took a touch instead of hitting it first time like i asked it registered the power input but was too late to change direction and well...

Lol! C'mon you've been practising that move for a while.

What's holding Konami back from freeing up the camera angles?

For example, in the replays there is a gorgeous Broadcast Camera, and it runs at full speed.

But the gameplay Broadcast Camera is too zoomed in, lags behind the ball, and has that daft cut to the sidelines.

THIS!

wish konami had a "kick your clown ass player in the butt for making a shitty decision and ruining your afternoon and probably get sent to a three day training camp and having the coach yell 24/7" animation

Back
Top Bottom