PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

But it isn't about resources or being able to edit them if they didn't have the license. It is about how the marketing and promotion of the game is being approached.

With the partnership deals Konami are rather obviously trying to sell an idea. They are getting more of these partnerships so it seems to be working, albeit slowly.

Not aiming this at you, mate, but I find it bewildering how folk lose their shit about Neymar going for 200 million, how the sport has gone money-mad and is killing the romance as a result, yet some of those very same people will celebrate the money one video game publisher has over another, to the point they will shit on whatever the "David" in the situation does. Even a soft announcement of a partnership with a lower league club, a club among those which are the apparent lifeblood of the game that is under threat by all this money, gets completely and utterly shat on.

A few clubs having mega-money in the sport, leaving so many others behind = BAD!

One videgames publisher having a shit-ton of money that simply buys exclusivity on a league by league basis, on a fucking global scale, while its only competitor in the genre has to work with whatever it can, on a club by club basis, due to a financial gap similar to that which exists in the real sport = THE BEST

Definitely not me mate, I may not like or agree with Konami's approach fully, but I absolutely HATE the road EA have chosen to go down with their game. I wish the tables would turn and Konami had EA budgets!

Definitely not me mate, I may not like or agree with Konami's approach fully, but I absolutely HATE the road EA have chosen to go down with their game. I wish the tables would turn and Konami had EA budgets!

Yep Konami even with their lack of EA employee count/budget is making a better game due to the direction they are taking. EA is doing almost nothing to improve FIFA except add more ways to make money. I don't think I have ever seen this long in the FIFA series where there were no major features/tech added. The last one was FIFA 12.

It's like what was said on the latest footy United podcast (which is great btw), PES is a football game, FIFA is a FIFA game.

PES is the only game for me that has the look and flow of a real game.
If konami can get more licenses, with stadiums being a priority for me, it would give PES a greater level of immersion (the one thing that FIFA has over it).

I suggest removing all teams and keeping only France and Brazil.

Will save Konami licensing money
It will always feel like the beta which was very encouraging
We got so used to playing the teams and designing their tactics for the past week or so

:D

Yep Konami even with their lack of EA employee count/budget is making a better game due to the direction they are taking. EA is doing almost nothing to improve FIFA except add more ways to make money. I don't think I have ever seen this long in the FIFA series where there were no major features/tech added. The last one was FIFA 12.
yeah, how long though till the kids get board with all the extras that mean nothing to the actual game? Journey, FUT etc. etc. Polishing the turd. EAs specialty...

I'm torn on the whole "if only Konami had EA's budget" thing.

On one hand and in an ideal world, Konami having that kind of scratch would mean a more authentic, less "disrespectful" product, while still trying to create something that can reward the deeper thinking player, and it sells ridiculous amounts.

What I think would actually happen is a dumbing down, as that is what happens with absolutely EVERYTHING in media, if it is about getting the biggest numbers. Music, film, TV, you name it; all gets dumbed down and the all the natural edginess smoothed over so as it becomes more palatable for a wider audience. There are exceptions, but seldom few, especially when it comes to videogames that sell tens of millions.

I'm torn on the whole "if only Konami had EA's budget" thing.

On one hand and in an ideal world, Konami having that kind of scratch would mean a more authentic, less "disrespectful" product, while still trying to create something that can reward the deeper thinking player, and it sells ridiculous amounts.

What I think would actually happen is a dumbing down, as that is what happens with absolutely EVERYTHING in media, if it is about getting the biggest numbers. Music, film, TV, you name it; all gets dumbed down and the all the natural edginess smoothed over so as it becomes more palatable for a wider audience. There are exceptions, but seldom few, especially when it comes to videogames that sell tens of millions.

This is along the lines of what I said on the podcast. KONAMI is not just up against EA, it's up against the culture of gaming and the pop culture as a whole. How do you conform to the norm if your goal is to stand out? It's a fine balance.

playing with PSG this year will be a joy, with neymar's superb skills on the ball, its a great line up
wishful thinking we get stade velodrome to make a comeback since pes 2009. and stade municipal de monaco to make it a more authentic experience.

Hi, Deco, my friend. I can completely understand how this would be the thinking. It's such a tough, tough, balance. I have been vocal, the way you describe, for the better part of 10 years (give or take), and that really has helped me solidify credibility...for myself...within my niche. However, is it actually helping the game? That's the real question. What's the point of making all these attempts to be heard, when the manner in which they are presented is off-putting...for those that are intended.

What struck me as a need to "calibrate" my approach is that I needed to start to really focus on the perspective of the game devs, and marketing guys. I had to take time to understand where they are coming from, what they're up against, and how can it be best presented to where I am heard, which in turn allows the community to be heard. You know me, and my approach is much more heavy analysis than most. I'm a problem solver by nature, and my mind is always moving. It's probably why I'm a tech engineer as a day job. My opinion is just one...in the respect of a different opinion, or approach, and that is a fact that doesn't change, until more of those out of this niche are in agreement.

I will be honest, when I heard that the most consideration to be heard would be if I watch and play, that just turned me to focus in that route. If I spend all this time analyzing a game that isn't in my hands, and I've been clearly told I won't be heard, then what am I to do? It's a pride swallowing position to be put in. It's why I haven't been able to come up with content (well, part of it, anyway) recently. I posted way when the teaser appeared that I would be just optimistic this year. I'm still honestly cautiously optimistic, but optimistic nonetheless. I've stuck to that, much like Chuny has stuck to not watching videos (?), and it's been a lot easier for me.

Personally, PES is a very welcomed distraction for me right now. My newborn has health issues that is taking over my life, and it puts into perspective that if I am going to represent this hardcore community that I call home, I need to accept that it's going to take far less criticism to even remotely be heard. I'm still the same in respect to analysis, and I still watch every single video posted. I've got about 30 recordings of all my beta matches, and have been steadily going through them...even though I know it's old code.

My biggest concern right now is the unknown of whether or not PES 18 will calibrate itself based on the match length chosen. I do not want to play a 30 minute match, and have to experience it as if I was choosing a 10 minute match. This is what FIFA does, and I'm very afraid it is what PES will do. It's one of those areas that is often not part of the thinking, and if it is, noone ever says anything.

Lastly...PES 2017...I was right about most. I hated that. I desperately do not want to be right about PES 2018. I also do not want to spend 6-8 months trying to fix it.

Lastly, lastly, I will say that getting to know the FootyU guys has been great for me. I'm a loner by nature, I find myself very boring and I don't play many games. I am a goofball at work, because I have to be such a dad at home. I get those moments to relive nostalgia with the FootyU guys. I never played PES with anyone when I was younger. I was always playing on my own and analyzing how it could be better. Every single time. Experiencing the series alone like that was just how it was. I know 1000% I'm not the only one on this forum who felt the same way. Before I truly met the FootyU guys, I thought I was on my own, and part of these forums (Evo has been my PES home). Little did I realize that these guys also felt the same way I did, they experienced PES the same way I did. They went through the most hardcore adjustments to get the game playing the way I did. I had no idea.

You know I won't change, I'm just calibrating so we can be heard. I don't want to be frustrated from not being heard any longer. Getting all the "likes" on my posts and YouTube videos is so humbling, but I think it's now time to make a true impact - at least I hope that is what comes through.
God speed man. And I wish your kid all the best and pray for him (or her).

This is along the lines of what I said on the podcast. KONAMI is not just up against EA, it's up against the culture of gaming and the pop culture as a whole. How do you conform to the norm if your goal is to stand out? It's a fine balance.
IMO, You can stand out being niche. There's always room for that. You just need to decide who you're targeting.

I'm really hoping they get at least all the big teams in Brazil licensed this time around (the real players that is). I love to use those teams, skilled players, nice kits (yep I'm a nerd ;)) and online everyone always thinks they are gonna kick your ass easy when they see that you have one of those teams. :)

I missed Gremio and Atlético Mineiro last year.

Does FIFA have Mexicans teams tied up? And the NT? Was hoping for something since they are going there to show the game off as well.

Exclusive Global Partner means something big business relationship, this kind relation without stadium of the team should call it "Partner" nothing more.

Says who? You? I don't see your name on the board of Konami or Fulham FC.

Okay, maybe you read it in a business or contractual bible somewhere. Can you link us up, dude? Dude?

also the trophy list says

Legendary Streak
Awarded for winning 2 in a row in myClub VS COM with Match Level set to Legend

im guessing there is a new difficulty above superstar? i hope its not myclub exclusive

Okay, maybe you read it in a business or contractual bible somewhere. Can you link us up, dude? Dude?

For everybody who thinking logic. Look for EA and how they use exclusive for they games.

Back
Top Bottom