PES 2018 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

whats up dudes! This looks awesome. Looking forward to many late nights with this, by late i mean 10 pm. When is the demo out? whenever i google that, it comes up with the beta.

This Fulham deal will be pointless if they don't have the stadium, which I think they don't because there was no mention of it and normally they'd be singing about the stadium.

This Fulham deal will be pointless if they don't have the stadium, which I think they don't because there was no mention of it and normally they'd be singing about the stadium.
I get that minor teams don't have the same appeal bigger ones have, but I really think that the more, the merrier. :)
They should really fight fire with fire and try to make exclusive deals with a couple of Italian teams though, seeing that EA likely won't have the league licensed (at least in FIFA 17 it isn't)...
Imagine if EA couldn't insert, say, Sampdoria or Napoli in their game anymore (and mind you, FIFA 17 isn't editable so I doubt FIFA 18 will be). If Konami managed to have them with a proper deal which also includes the stadium, it would really be a hit for EA (not much in terms of revenue, but in terms of image). Konami should really try and concentrate on the leagues EA don't have a deal with, trying to sign deals with as much teams from those leagues as possible.

I get that minor teams don't have the same appeal bigger ones have, but I really think that the more, the merrier. :)
They should really fight fire with fire and try to make exclusive deals with a couple of Italian teams though, seeing that EA likely won't have the league licensed (at least in FIFA 17 it isn't)...
Imagine if EA couldn't insert, say, Sampdoria or Napoli in their game anymore (and mind you, FIFA 17 isn't editable so I doubt FIFA 18 will be). If Konami managed to have them with a proper deal which also includes the stadium, it would really be a hit for EA (not much in terms of revenue, but in terms of image). Konami should really try and concentrate on the leagues EA don't have a deal with, trying to sign deals with as much teams from those leagues as possible.

Don't get me wrong I agree the more the merrier, but the lack of the stadium takes away from it a bit imo.
Kits would be a little better than what the community can provide, and yes the faces would be nice but these can also be edited. The stadium is the big deal.

I think an image hit due to lack of licenses could poke the EA bear a little bit, and could hurt konami in the long run, with EA flexing their spending muscles and getting licenses back and exclusive.
Of course I know konami should go for as many licenses as possible but EA's budget is huge and they could blow them out the water if "provoked".

Chris, if what you write is true, then i can see your point. But how was it last year with English clubs. Were both licensed clubs Man Utd and Liverpool? If so i can see your point.

But what if they have separate partnerships with, let's say 5 English clubs ?
Or perhaps there was no EPL club apart from Liverpool who wanted a deal with Konami?

The Argentinian league is fully licensed, yet Konami have partnerships with teams.

I'm not so sure that you are right about this.

Kits would be a little better definitely worse than what the community can provide, and yes the faces would be nice but these can also be edited. The stadium is the big deal.
Kits, meh. The PES community has always released better kits than the ones that came with the game so I see it being no different this year.
I do believe though that a team's stadium is a big part of the deal if we talk about authenticity. Imagine PES having exclusive deals with Napoli, Fiorentina, Sampdoria... And being able to add their stadiums in the game. Wouldn't it be great?

I think an image hit due to lack of licenses could poke the EA bear a little bit, and could hurt konami in the long run, with EA flexing their spending muscles and getting licenses back and exclusive.
Well, EA could wake up tomorrow morning and basically start buying every single licence PES still has at 3x, 4x the price as soon as it goes up for renewal... It's a scenario we should consider. I'm ready for that: if PES can survive (and improve, and grow) without the Bundesliga and having just two licenced teams from England and two from Spain (meaning that FIFA basically has the three most important leagues in the world in an exclusive fashion), it could do so also with no licence at all.

Craven cottage would be a brilliant smaller stadium for them to recreate in the game.... Yet it doesn't seem to be announced as part of the deal
I agree! Craven Cottage is one of my favourite grounds to visit, had many a drunken away day there watching Brighton!!. Would absolutely love to see it in the game, it's just a really good old fashioned English stadium.

If anyone has been to Craven Cottage then they'll know that the wooden seats are really uncomfortable. I want to see supporters getting up in the middle of the game to check their arses haven't fallen off.

At least that's my experience there... I do really like the ground to be fair, great noise when they get going as well.

Hey Matt, i was moved by your last post.
Totally changed my opinion about you. I sincerely hope the health problems of your kid can be solved. I'm a father too, i know it's hard when your kids have problems.
Good luck man.
Same here Matt, best of luck. hope your kid gets healthy soon.

Wow...Fulham. Logically, it throws me off. However, I'm a Fulham fan. Got my 17/18 kits ordered and they're on their way to my doorstep (unfortunately not in time for tomorrow, but still). I doubt Craven Cottage gets in the game, but that would be amazing if it did.

In terms of why they've chosen Fulham, well who knows really. My thinking is that the recent promotion of Tony Khan, who stated that things would change for the better through some new practices. Whether this is part of his doing or not, I welcome it. Last year, Fulham was known in the Championship to play some pretty sexy football. Slick passing, dominating possession. With the likes of Tom Cairney, Floyd Ayite and teenage sensation Ryan Sessegnon, they'd be a good Championship club as any. I'm heavily biased though, but this choice has thrown me off - not necessarily a bad thing though.

shouldn't there be a new PES cover since Neymar went to PSG? still seeing him on the PES cover on trailers.
FIFA responds much better to new developments.

Hey Matt, i was moved by your last post.
Totally changed my opinion about you. I sincerely hope the health problems of your kid can be solved. I'm a father too, i know it's hard when your kids have problems.
Good luck man.

Thanks, Gerd. Yeah, it is pretty tough. You'd give anything for them. Time and Love are the things that matter at this point.

if ur gonna mention what u do, then id better say what i want here, football kingdom net behavior if u know what i mean xd

matt very sorry to hear that about your new born, hope he/she gets well soon enough

Haha, Football Kingdom nets were amazing. Thanks, he is getting better, just a bit of a puzzle for the doctors, go figure :) .

I'm very sorry to hear that your child is unwell Matt ...it puts things into perspective. . hopefully everything works out for you and your family. I understand everything in your post Matt. ....I admire your honesty and wish you well buddy.

Thanks, Deco. You are a Pesholic too. I've seen your videos - they're brilliant. I can't wait for more in 18.

@Matt10
Same from me...all the best.
I´m a dad of three....PES is one of my medias of distraction.

After the beta it´s hard to enjoy PES 2017.
Been continuing my ML yesterday...
It´s a good game but I really miss the slow pace and the fluid animations and all that.

Demo comes after gamescom yeah? Damn, that´s a long wait :P

Thanks, man. I can't stand to watch or play PES 17 now. It's just...ugh. Can't do it. Yes, demo is a long wait, goodness.

Matt, sorry to hear this about your newborn. I really, really wish you and your newborn all the best from the bottom of my heart.

About the criticism, I see your point as it's pretty clear.
Trying to analyze things and to report them back to Konami in time for them to address them, knowing already that you'll get a door slammed in front of your face because "first you try it yourself then you can sugest a fix" (but then it would already be too late) isn't exactly a nice position to be in.

Luckily enough I'm also pretty optimistic about the game: I know it's not the right way things should be done, but I believe that the "too much space" issue could be solved by tweaking the teams' tactics (much like the FIFA gameplay could be vastly improved by fiddling with sliders).
There's a downside in that though: I fear that if you changed the "compactness" settings for all the teams (and added gegenpress tactic to some of them, the ones that in real life press harder than the others) you'd lose some variation, as many teams would play the same at least when defending.
Unfortunately, it looks like it's the only thing we could do if Konami refused to listen to you and to the other people pointing out the things that need to be fixed without having played the World Tour code.

I've always been a loner too so I kinda get what you mean.
I used to play PES 4 and 5 with coursemates at the uni (and that period struck the perfect balance between my will of staying alone and the need of having some good people around) but I've always enjoyed playing alone more than playing against someone else.
Also, I would usually spend more time editing the game (texture guy here, so maybe what I previously said about gameplay won't make any sense to you) than the one I would spend playing it (so, again, I see your point in trying to make the game better because basically it's what I used to do by adding textures to missing teams and such).

So very true. Yes, it's all about the approach. In PES 17 I dedicated so much time to analyzing the trailer, demo, full game, hoping that it was enough time before PES 18 - although silently "hoping" that the 17 fixes still had a chance to be considered. This year I just reconfigured, re-wired, myself to take a different approach. It's not a one-and-done either, it's just how it's going to be moving forward...because PES 19 isn't too far away :P

Textures, well that's a perfect example then. That engrossed you, I'm sure, while I would just hope the gameplay was adequate. Not to say you wouldn't, but just in that regard. My big thing with textures was turf/pitch, especially when playing Premier League/CHampionship teams. The pitch is much different in those leagues compared to JLeague, etc.

Matt, I never got back to you a while back via PM, but it turns out I didn't have to.

Superb post, so eloquently put.

Thanks, man. I'd love to hear about your journey as well :)

Same here Matt, best of luck. hope your kid gets healthy soon.

Thanks, man!

*** Thanks everyone for the positive thoughts for my son. That wasn't the original post idea, but in typical Evo-Web fashion, you are all class lads and why I call this place home. Thanks again. ***

They won't have to. As far as I know EA signed a deal with the EFL so it means they could have any EFL team licenced:
“We are excited to be extending our relationship with the EFL by becoming an official partner and we look forward to working closely with them and their 72 clubs,” said Dan Holman, Director, EA SPORTS FIFA Partnerships. “Our aim is to deliver personalised and authentic season-long content and build a closer connection to both the clubs and their fanbases.”
https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2017/august/03082017-ea-sports-ifollow-latics/

Anyway, should this even happen, I expect them to just use the name of the city like they do for Serie B currently.

Chuny that was a personal question to Matt and he replied with a very honest moving post.. .I wasn't snapping at you ok buddy.

But perhaps you fail to understand that your posts in here are public. If you want your message to be seen and replied only by Matt then you should contact him via Private Messages. Otherwise I'm free to jump in and answer what I want, as long as it's respectful. Which it was.

I can quote several messages from you in which you only address one particular person (Lami, Chris Davies, Matt) but you do it here, publicly. So unfortunately "buddy", you are exposed to people like me who can comment if they want to.

You pissed me off because you talked to me in a way I don't liked being talked to, when I wasn't doing anything wrong.
So next time... send private messages.

Sorry for off topic. No more of this from me.

P.S: @Matt10 Really sorry about your kid. I'm positive things will straighten up. Wish you the best of luck!

But perhaps you fail to understand that your posts in here are public. If you want your message to be seen and replied only by Matt then you should contact him via Private Messages. Otherwise I'm free to jump in and answer what I want, as long as it's respectful. Which it was.

I can quote several messages from you in which you only address one particular person (Lami, Chris Davies, Matt) but you do it here, publicly. So unfortunately "buddy", you are exposed to people like me who can comment if they want to.

You pissed me off because you talked to me in a way I don't liked being talked to, when I wasn't doing anything wrong.
So next time... send private messages.

Sorry for off topic. No more of this from me.

P.S: @Matt10 Really sorry about your kid. I'm positive things will straighten up. Wish you the best of luck!

Don't be telling me what to do.

Konami does business at the end.. every opportunity to promote their game will be taken. Probably fulham is their best effort this year.
When big teams play at fullham, there should be running ads showing pes logo. Watched by millions of people from their tv box which is their potential costumer.. :D

Fulham add nothing to the game, They have no redeeming features as a football club (Sorry Matt) and their heritage is having a Michael Jackson statue and a little outdated ground that we'll probably not see it or anything similar in the game, Are they gonna add legends like Malbranque and Dempsey to the MyClub mode?

Their kit looks like the default unlicensed ML one anyways

new-fulham-kit%2B%25281%2529.JPG

Going for a club like Villa or Leeds would've been be a more exciting alternative. But if this means that we'll get a full EFL license then so be it and it'd make a big difference for our ML ambitions!

I'd prefer 4 generic English style stadiums and more customization options for the ML.

I don't see why getting any team license is a bad move.
So... they can't get another 1st class team licensed? But they can get a 2nd division one? That's OK. There's no harm.
Something is better than nothing.

And who knows, perhaps this whole Liverpool partnership and now Fulham can get Konami slowly into the EPL.
Two years ago nobody would have thought Konami could take Camp Nou away from FIFA and make it their own exclusively. Nobody could have said Liverpool and Dortmund would become so tight with Konami and so well represented. This year we might get Atletico Madrid and maybe even some other surprise.

I wouldn't underestimate Konami so much.

Konami has registered several brands in Japan and Brazil related to eSports (for example Konami eSports Stadium), according to Nocturno (twitter.com/nocturno). They got something under the sleeve.

From the way they are dodging the question about Craven Cottage online, I'd bet money that they haven't got it. Makes the Fulham deal rather pointless tbh, they could of made the players faces without the deal, and the editors will make the kits.

* when I say online, I mean on twitter

Last edited:
Ok,yeah it's the same one that's always been around,that really zooms in,kinda like a second camera,annoying as hell right?
The broadcast I'm referring to is the one that EA has.
To bad,I know you can edit the medium sideline camera to look like a broadcast camera with angles etc,but it's not the same.
Hope they give us more freedom on the final release
yeah, option to turn zoom off would be nice.

yeah, option to turn zoom off would be nice.

Turning the auto zoom off and giving us sliders for the broadcast camera is something so easy to fix and was requested for 5 years now. Which shows that the whole feedback thing is just a scam and all the people claiming to have connections with KONAMI are actually self promoting only and can't effect zilch

Back
Top Bottom