PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

The metaphor is that you paid for the whole movie so you wanna see the whole movie, i paid for the whole game, so i want to experience the whole game. The game is officially out and all other platforms are online. 27 hours and counting, they are fudging themselves over so hard, just read the steam discussions. This is a disaster for KONAMI. I am just angry because i really like KONAMI and don't want to see them have bad press you know.
agree , totally agree

The metaphor is that you paid for the whole movie so you wanna see the whole movie, i paid for the whole game, so i want to experience the whole game. The game is officially out and all other platforms are online. 27 hours and counting, they are fudging themselves over so hard, just read the steam discussions. This is a disaster for KONAMI. I am just angry because i really like KONAMI and don't want to see them have bad press you know.

So... let me try to get in your shoes for a moment.
Do you think Konami is doing this on purpose? Just to the PC fans?.
Do you think they want this? Do you think this is good publicity for them? After all the advertising they've done regarding PC version (being the best version, etc) this year?. They must feel as frustrated and angry as you are.

You wanna play online. They wanna make more money and put a better product to keep gaining new fans and get closer to FIFA. It's a loss-loss for all parties.

Do you think they want this? Do you think this is good publicity for them? After all the advertising they've done regarding PC version (being the best version, etc) this year?. They must feel as frustrated and angry as you are.

You wanna play online. They wanna make more money and put a better product to keep gaining new fans and get closer to FIFA. It's a loss-loss for all parties.

Sorry chuny, but this is not what the customers want, no one care about Konami way, they just wanna play, we are talking about that is a big mess for all (and is not the first time, last year i've uninstalled pes from steam right about that, fuck online) they should wear our shoes (tell that to adam please, please tell him to test a ML for 10 years so he can be scared about what happen)

Last edited:

They didn't intentionally do this to PC gamers but their lack of care about PC led to it happening. People aren't exactly mad about the fact that we can't access online modes only, they are mad because for Konami PC always comes last. Also all the "advertising" they've done was just to make them look good, the game is just a port from console versions, they didn't create a PC game from scratch. If you think they did anything special for the PC gamers then they definitely fooled you with their smart marketing.

As I mentioned before, the game is awesome but people who are praising Konami so much fail to realize that we should've had the next gen version of PES games years ago.....

EDIT: For God's sake, I can connect to EA servers on the FIFA 18 demo even tho it's just a demo and there's still like two weeks until the full game releases. While on the other hand, we can't connect to Konami servers even tho the full game is out for $60.

Cameras still suck. Wide is fine but too close, Fan view is too far away. Can't they make something in the middle?

Cameras are horrible, I'm praying for a community camera patch.

The replay angles are useless as well, Too low and can't get it to go higher like the old PES6,Fifa or any respectable football game in the past 15 years!

By the way we're praising the good things in the game relating to fixing some issues in gameplay only, There has been nothing new or significant in all other features like menus,visuals,ML/BAL or even improving editing capabilities.

If the PC patches don't cut it and the online is still a farce,Then the game will be dead and buried by mid october.

Cameras still suck. Wide is fine but too close, Fan view is too far away. Can't they make something in the middle?

Cameras are horrible, I'm praying for a community camera patch.

The replay angles are useless as well, Too low and can't get it to go higher like the old PES6,Fifa or any respectable football game in the past 15 years!

By the way we're praising the good things in the game relating to fixing some issues in gameplay only, There has been nothing new or significant in all other features like menus,visuals,ML/BAL or even improving editing capabilities.

If the PC patches don't cut it and the online is still a farce,Then the game will be dead and buried by mid october.

I can definetely agree with this.
Need better cameras.

Live Broadcast camera without the close-cuts would be wonderful, but... the community didn't seem to mind when we had the chance to do something about it.

I agree. You are all entitled to be angry. Just be patient.
Play offline while you wait Online is fixed. That's it.

Try to look at the bigger picture...
ofc I want to play offline but with squads update
and I have been patient for almost 24 hrs....
do you think we ask too much or not long enough to wait....

RzAgi8k.jpg

Is anyone else having an issue where there is no grass? It's a flat texture. The game is on high settings. O.o

FIFA is good implementing 3d grass near the player or our view.. probably that's how pes 2018.. if i remember correctly even if modded 3d grass in pes 2017 pc is better than what next gen offer.. only 2017 misses/not implemented in many area replay etc

you have to fire all your merchandising guys
Not marketing's fault, not this time at least.
They should've tested the servers (I agree they could've released a PC beta to stress test them though) and it's not maketing's duty.
They should be fixing the servers, and it's (again) not marketing's duty...

If the marketing people are told "just buy time, we don't have a clue and we're rebuilding the servers from scratch, no ETA" by their techs, it's honest of them to say "no ETA" instead of "don't worry it will be done by tomorrow!".

I tried the full version yesterday. Visually it looks splendid, even on lower settings its so much better than its poor predecessors on PC. About gameplay I'm not yet convinced, reminds PES 2017 sometimes too much and too often. But need to play more.

Now I'm kind of torn, as FIFA18 demo showed some glimpses of beauty as well.

Hey Guys! is there any way to overcome the limited amount of leagues in this game yet? like having 2 leagues in asia besides only one?
and secondly how do you open TED and CED files and stuff? so you can edit and create teams??

How much I play more I see PES 2017 in PES 2018, but with slower, heavier and less responsive.
I play it exactly the same way, the feel becomes the same, the difference is again, response time and heavier animation.
If I have to be honest, I'm not surprised, I expected it. I bought the game only because of the op-op modes and it turns out that there are no servers.

I have a GeForce 840 and run many games very smooth, this one however I can't get smooth. Visual options are limited in settings. I can only change the resolution and FPS. Even on the lowest resolution it's still stuttering :(

Any advice on making it run more smooth on a medium system are more then welcome :)

Where can I change this settings? I can't find it anywhere (demo)

DJhRf-IXUAA8wD7.jpg

Silly question may be. I wonder if anybody can help me. I have a windows 7 pc 32 bit and played with Pes 2017 without any trouble. Seems like Pes 2018 does not work on 32 bit pc but only on 64 bit; does anybody knows if there is a possibility to bypass the problem?

I have a GeForce 840 and run many games very smooth, this one however I can't get smooth. Visual options are limited in settings. I can only change the resolution and FPS. Even on the lowest resolution it's still stuttering :(

Any advice on making it run more smooth on a medium system are more then welcome :)

DJhRf-IXUAA8wD7.jpg

Definitely take Motion Blur off as that's a resource hog, and you could maybe live without bloom & Depth of field and still have great visuals.

after playing a number of games I feel that player switching needs to be addressed, too often the wrong player is switched to which makes it really difficult to defend :/

I understand but read below:

THIS is what I called them spoiled brats.
I just ONE DAY. None other than LAUNCH DAY. Bad things can happen. Shit happens.
I know it can bother some of you, and that's alright. I AM NOT SAYING YOU SHOULDN'T BE BOTHERED.
But... can't you wait for a day? CAN'T YOU WAIT ONE DAY?.

It's not like they con you and they gave you PES 6 instead of PES 2018. Or like you can't even run the game. You can play all you want, just not online YET.

There are some very unlucky people right here who can't even run the game because it crashes for them. Now I fully understand them. They must be hating Konami, Adam and the whole world right now. Probably thinking about asking for a refund tomorrow (if they haven't done so already). But just because you couldn't play online the first day, you get so mad? Try to see what you sound like, with a cold view of yourself. You sound like 10 year old child who just walked by a Toys Shop and your mum couldn't buy you that thing you wanted so bad.

Just be patient, that's all I ask for. No need to insult Konami or throw gasoline to the fire.

Or because I can't play a heavily advertised game mode in MyClub or because the game has massively outdated rosters. Call me a brat all you want, I don't give a fuck. PC Players once again shafted.

DJhRf-IXUAA8wD7.jpg
It can be found in System Settings right before you start a match. You need to turn off Motion Blur as it's completely broken.

Back
Top Bottom