PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

PES2018 is revolutionary this year. Leaving gameplay aside, it is the first pes game to use full pc cpu and graphics hardware, I never thought come the day pes runs at 144fps or 165fps and really load the GPU actually (on 165fps it uses my 7700k like 40% to 50% and gpu up to 90% at times!).
Man and I was planning to 4K DSR the game, AND on top of my 1440k gsync display! lol

But I have an issue that game minimizes by its own every few minutes to desktop, and I have to maximize it manually. On my gtx1080 and Asus 1440p 165fps using last nvidia driver.

Still exploring gameplay, did not play enough to judge. Needless to say, the need for a good patch or at least good option file is a huge thing.

What I'm trying to say is,it can be frustrating. I get that. But it's only the first day. It's not like it has been going on for a week. I'm sure it will be back up and running very soon. So no need to throw a fit like that. You can still have fun playing offline until then.
It's still annoying that we can't play online or have up to date squads when consoles have the servers working fine tho. I played like 20 exhibition matches, what now? I am waiting for them to fix the servers. The game isn't really that enjoyable without playing ML or myClub. You say it's only one day but how do you know we're not gonna wait a full week? People are tweeting them and they blandly responded with "There's no ETA but keep an eye.". Konami is a huge company, these things shouldn't be happening.

Either way I am not really that concerned, I can wait, however some people can't. You don't have to be so offensive and call them spoiled brats, they paid for something expecting it to instantly work. If you dislike people complaining just ignore them, you complaining about them complaining just makes things worse. Nothing against you at all, but the environment here is so peaceful, let's all be nice lol.

My big concern is the lack of fouls, Unbelievable that all the reviewers turned a blind eye on this for the 3rd year in a row probably, It makes the game tasteless really to me and It takes away from the player a very powerful weapon...PLZ DO SOMETHING SOON!

I played with superstar difficulty and the AI committed a lot of fouls against me, I guess it depends on what difficulty you use.

It was peaceful indeed until the "online doesn't work 24h after launch KONAMI go to hell" happened.

I remember when we (I think?) had to wait 1 month until they updated squads, because they would update it through DLC. So, well, I can wait 1 day. We have a Option File from PS4 working on PC, we can play a "PES 2017" Master League with HD graphics :P.

Did you verify files from Steam? Run the game through the Steam launcher and not the .exe? I can't think of anything that could solve the issue... :/ Sorry.

Yeah, tried all of those. Thanks for the help anyways.

Not sure what to do. Enjoyed the game while I could anyways.

It was peaceful indeed until the "online doesn't work 24h after launch KONAMI go to hell" happened.

I remember when we (I think?) had to wait 1 month until they updated squads, because they would update it through DLC. So, well, I can wait 1 day. We have a Option File from PS4 working on PC, we can play a "PES 2017" Master League with HD graphics :P.

I want to start ML but the squads are outdated. If Konami does update them in the future they won't apply to ML as far as I know. I don't want to start a ML with Neymar in Barca lol. (I know I can manually transfer him but there's lots of players who transferred too.)

I have a weird? problem. The game runs at a constant 60fps, i see that with the steam FPS-tracker in the corner.
BUT it still doesn't seem to run really fluid. It has micro stutters. Has anyone experienced something like that? My monitor is at 60hz, so that's not the problem.

has anyone some sweet reshade ? cant find one. in PES 2017 reshade make a big difference

PES 17 graphically was a piece of shit (PC version) and it was a must to pump its graphic up with some ReShade/SweetFX files. In this year the game looks beautiful and basically none of ReShades is needed IMO. Adding some contrast in-game option makes the job as well in some point. But I'm sure some of SweetFX mods will be released soon :-)

I have a weird? problem. The game runs at a constant 60fps, i see that with the steam FPS-tracker in the corner.
BUT it still doesn't seem to run really fluid. It has micro stutters. Has anyone experienced something like that? My monitor is at 60hz, so that's not the problem.

Vsync and trippelbuffer on in settings? Try Set Monitor on 59hz in Nvidia Control Center

What I'm trying to say is,it can be frustrating. I get that. But it's only the first day. It's not like it has been going on for a week. I'm sure it will be back up and running very soon. So no need to throw a fit like that. You can still have fun playing offline until then.

They want to be competitive with FIFA, yet they can't get the basic things right. Fucking over PC Users yet again. I'm giving them until 12pm tomorrow (about 12 hours or so), if the servers aren't on I'm gonna get a refund through steam. The fact the servers are working fine everywhere else, except PC is simply laughable.

As a PC player only, I must say this Pes 2018 is indeed a thing of beauty, even better than I thought it was while watching videos. Animations, graphics, everything is so smooth/on point.. and boy, most of all this light effects are OUTERWORDLY.

Never been happier to have bought a game on first day.

A few hours of online being offline I can deal with, but this is becoming a joke. Also the fact that their website still says the PC servers are online >.<

I'm going to approach the elephant in the room and say if they had beta tested PC maybe we wouldn't have had this launch problem.

Surely all they had to do was wipe all other teams from the option file except the demo teams...

Last edited:
It's still annoying that we can't play online or have up to date squads when consoles have the servers working fine tho. I played like 20 exhibition matches, what now? I am waiting for them to fix the servers. The game isn't really that enjoyable without playing ML or myClub. You say it's only one day but how do you know we're not gonna wait a full week? People are tweeting them and they blandly responded with "There's no ETA but keep an eye.". Konami is a huge company, these things shouldn't be happening.

Either way I am not really that concerned, I can wait, however some people can't. You don't have to be so offensive and call them spoiled brats, they paid for something expecting it to instantly work. If you dislike people complaining just ignore them, you complaining about them complaining just makes things worse. Nothing against you at all, but the environment here is so peaceful, let's all be nice lol.
Great words, sorry Konami you broke your business , you should be able to do that, if i have a company (i wanna buy all of you) i should care about my customers, all of you are not able to do a good job, you have to fire all your merchandising guys, that isn't opinable thought, but really you have mess it up. AND PLEASE STOP LYING

Not arsed about online, it being offline doesn't effect me, not played pes online since pes6....

Bit annoyed though they haven't done a day one roster update though, this is very unprofessional of them....

That being said i am enjoying the game, tried my first game at -1 setting, Ajax v Feyernoord i won 3-2 on professional level its was a good game, they had more shots and possession, but i took a 3-0 lead, and the CPU hit back instantly with 2 goals and had chances to get to 3-3, but didn't, i had chances to make it 4-2 too, best game of pes2018 i have so far, and probably the best game of football i have had in a good few years.

Not arsed about online, it being offline doesn't effect me, not played pes online since pes6....

Bit annoyed though they haven't done a day one roster update though, this is very unprofessional of them....

That being said i am enjoying the game, tried my first game at -1 setting, Ajax v Feyernoord i won 3-2 on professional level its was a good game, they had more shots and possession, but i took a 3-0 lead, and the CPU hit back instantly with 2 goals and had chances to get to 3-3, but didn't, i had chances to make it 4-2 too, best game of pes2018 i have so far, and probably the best game of football i have had in a good few years.
really guys i wanna play on a good server versus good logic players (ONLINE) before starts to mod what i can do, but really they don't have any excuse

See that 2nd player with the "hollow" icon above his head, oh they are going to cause so much pain in ML. I started a ML (Top Player), CB in box about 4 yards out slight back from front post. Cpu player put in a cross past the player I had under control, no problem, my CB near front post will clear this ... 1 - 2 - 3 presses of L1 the feckers icon stayed "empty" CF moves in front of him as he stands like a statue and the CF flicked the ball into the back of the net for 1-0 - well that's unfair in the replay my CB is not standing like a statue , he's kind of twisting from side to side on the spot.

This delay when pressing L1 from the time the player you had under control has either had the ball knock away from him, or he's tackled a cpu player and knocked the ball loose and your "Empty icon" player becomes active is so fecking annoying. Bad enough elsewhere but in your own box is going to cause heartache.

See that 2nd player with the "hollow" icon above his head, oh they are going to cause so much pain in ML. I started a ML (Top Player), CB in box about 4 yards out slight back from front post. Cpu player put in a cross past the player I had under control, no problem, my CB near front post will clear this ... 1 - 2 - 3 presses of L1 the feckers icon stayed "empty" CF moves in front of him as he stands like a statue and the CF flicked the ball into the back of the net for 1-0 - well that's unfair in the replay my CB is not standing like a statue , he's kind of twisting from side to side on the spot.

This delay when pressing L1 from the time the player you had under control has either had the ball knock away from him, or he's tackled a cpu player and knocked the ball loose and your "Empty icon" player becomes active is so fecking annoying. Bad enough elsewhere but in your own box is going to cause heartache.

agree about placements ,but make sure that all about fps is good,just linking a TV make difference

I understand but read below:

They want to be competitive with FIFA, yet they can't get the basic things right. Fucking over PC Users yet again. I'm giving them until 12pm tomorrow (about 12 hours or so), if the servers aren't on I'm gonna get a refund through steam. The fact the servers are working fine everywhere else, except PC is simply laughable.

THIS is what I called them spoiled brats.
I just ONE DAY. None other than LAUNCH DAY. Bad things can happen. Shit happens.
I know it can bother some of you, and that's alright. I AM NOT SAYING YOU SHOULDN'T BE BOTHERED.
But... can't you wait for a day? CAN'T YOU WAIT ONE DAY?.

It's not like they con you and they gave you PES 6 instead of PES 2018. Or like you can't even run the game. You can play all you want, just not online YET.

There are some very unlucky people right here who can't even run the game because it crashes for them. Now I fully understand them. They must be hating Konami, Adam and the whole world right now. Probably thinking about asking for a refund tomorrow (if they haven't done so already). But just because you couldn't play online the first day, you get so mad? Try to see what you sound like, with a cold view of yourself. You sound like 10 year old child who just walked by a Toys Shop and your mum couldn't buy you that thing you wanted so bad.

Just be patient, that's all I ask for. No need to insult Konami or throw gasoline to the fire.

Imagine looking forward to a new movie for 3 months and then you get kicked out before the finale. I mean, you can watch the movie rill the end tomorrow or next week, right? Doesn't matter if you don't see the finale right away. :WHISTLE:

Awful example, mate.
Movie only lasts those (hypothetical) 2 hours. And that's it.
But... you will still have the game today, tonight, tomorrow, the day after that, and the day after, and the day after, and the day after, and...... you see where this is going?.

I understand but read below:

THIS is what I called them spoiled brats.
I just ONE DAY. None other than LAUNCH DAY. Bad things can happen. Shit happens.
I know it can bother some of you, and that's alright. I AM NOT SAYING YOU SHOULDN'T BE BOTHERED.
But... can't you wait for a day? CAN'T YOU WAIT ONE DAY?.

It's not like they con you and they gave you PES 6 instead of PES 2018. Or like you can't even run the game. You can play all you want, just not online YET.

There are some very unlucky people right here who can't even run the game because it crashes for them. Now I fully understand them. They must be hating Konami, Adam and the whole world right now. Probably thinking about asking for a refund tomorrow (if they haven't done so already). But just because you couldn't play online the first day, you get so mad? Try to see what you sound like, with a cold view of yourself. You sound like 10 year old child who just walked by a Toys Shop and your mum couldn't buy you that thing you wanted so bad.

Just be patient, that's all I ask for. No need to insult Konami or throw gasoline to the fire.

Agree, but not at all , sorry mate, but shooting false words doesn't make happy no one, they have did a big mess on the start up, that's is a shame whithout reply

Agree, but not at all , sorry mate, but shooting false words doesn't make happy no one, they have did a big mess on the start up, that's is a shame whithout reply

I agree. You are all entitled to be angry. Just be patient.
Play offline while you wait Online is fixed. That's it.

Try to look at the bigger picture...

Awful example, mate.
Movie only lasts those (hypothetical) 2 hours. And that's it.
But... you will still have the game today, tonight, tomorrow, the day after that, and the day after, and the day after, and the day after, and...... you see where this is going?.

The metaphor is that you paid for the whole movie so you wanna see the whole movie, i paid for the whole game, so i want to experience the whole game. The game is officially out and all other platforms are online. 27 hours and counting, they are fudging themselves over so hard, just read the steam discussions. This is a disaster for KONAMI. I am just angry because i really like KONAMI and don't want to see them have bad press you know.

I agree. You are all entitled to be angry. Just be patient.
Play offline while you wait Online is fixed. That's it.

Try to look at the bigger picture...

i wanna play online for the first time in my country vs you and all the amazing people that i meet evoweb who could play on PC. Trust me , is the only time to make that, then i just mod all that i can ( when the real wizards may cast the spell ), but now for all the users that's iocked, after 24 hours after the launch is really incomprehensible have payed for that

Back
Top Bottom