PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

I was about to buy an ultra-wide monitor myself, but since I do web-design, it wasn't gonna work it for me. Wasn't willing to spend that kind of money just for gaming. So I bought this 27'' G-Sync 144hz Dell monitor that is great for both gaming and designing.
This one? Or was it the 4K one you ended up getting? I really do love the thin bezels on the Dell monitors.

To set DSR resolution:

You must set desktop resolution to the desired DSR resolution. Then settings.exe recognizes the resolution.

Looks like we will need a resolution changer if we wanna use DSR conveniently.

It really is. Once you've experienced the beauty of 21:9 PC gaming on a good display, you cannot go back. You'd need a beefy rig if you're planning on upgrading to that resolution, too, though.
Yeah, need to consider what I'd do for the PC / laptop as well in order to make sure it worked with no issues. I know that PS4 doesn't scale to ultra wide too so that'd be set with the black bars either side but potentially worth it considering how nice it'd look for PC.

Cheers for the help, lotta things to consider!

Reactions: Tom
Anybody else is getting the two errors related to communicating with servers? It's been like that since last night.

Edit: Apparently everybody is having the same issue :/

I'm having some trouble with FreeSync. Frame rate hovers between 110 and 130 during games (my display is 144Hz), but it's very choppy. Turning FreeSync off and VSync off, or even both off, doesn't seem to help much.

I have an RX 480, which really should be enough to run rings around this game. Anyone have any ideas what could be up?

UPDATE: it seems the revolutionary "turn PC off, turn PC on" technique worked wonders here! Just completed my first game in glorious 144fps, and it literally gave me a hard-on :')

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom
had the same with PESJP back then. i try this. altough i already uninstalled the game, turned off AV and installed it without it. but well see eh. spending my day off well :D ill clean my flat meanwhile at least. thanks for the tip

edit: nope. i think its something beyond the users can solve.

FIFA runs smoothly on ultra thats the real problem
have you cheked if steam overlay is active during the game? maybe it clash with nvdia experience or something else

Latest tweet for Officialpes ... No ETA for server fix (or end of maintenance if that is what this is, if it was maintenance surely they would know when they would be done)

This one? Or was it the 4K one you ended up getting? I really do love the thin bezels on the Dell monitors.

Exactly that one.
I gave up the 4K monitor because there are no 4K @ 144hz with G-Sync yet (I think later on this year or in 2018).
I love it so far.
Big up to @Cesc Fabregas for recommending me that monitor.

I'm having some trouble with FreeSync. Frame rate hovers between 110 and 130 during games (my display is 144Hz), but it's very choppy. Turning FreeSync off and VSync off, or even both off, doesn't seem to help much.

I have an RX 480, which really should be enough to run rings around this game. Anyone have any ideas what could be up?

UPDATE: it seems the revolutionary "turn PC off, turn PC on" technique worked wonders here! Just completed my first game in glorious 144fps, and it literally gave me a hard-on :')

144fps? How come? PES is locked at either 60fps or 30fps.

To use DSR without changing desktop resolution everytime:
1. First set to max DSR resolution in desktop.
2. Then open settings.exe and then set your desired resolution and close settings.exe
3. Now revert desktop resolution back to normal.

The game will now run at whatever resolution you've set.

But the game WILL give flickering black screen if the Resolution has weird aspect ratio. I can set 2880x1800 and 2160x1350. But 2494x1559 wont work.

Possible supported aspect ratio:

16:9
16:10

2494x1559 isn't 21:9/4:3/16:9/16:10.

At 1440x900, there are some transparency issues.

I had drops to 55 FPS with 2880x1800 maxed out unlike FiFA 18. But looks like 1440p is just fine for 980 Ti.

Also, personally I feel the dribbling is laggy on PES 18 compared to FiFA 18. But I have been enjoying both demos now.

+Lighting is excellent.
+Faces are great.
+Great LODs during ganeplay camera.

+Great Night lighting.

-Horrible mow pattern and grass in Signal Iduna Park in day time. The mow pattern is downright painful to watch.
-Dribbling is unresponsive compared to PES 17.
-Dribbling animations still look kinda slippery despite the added lag.
-So far no AI fouls at all.
-Lack of atmosphere.

-Cloth physics are almost non existent compared to FiFA 18. Only the creases move and its not seen that fluid like FiFA. No cloth physics on Referee.
+When players run and jump, the lower part of the shirt does bump better compared to FiFA.

This year, both games are definitely worth buying. Good thing I didn't waste my money on other games.

60fps option means 60 and above (whatever your refresh rate is set at)

I don't think so, no.
I could be wrong, but it's my understanding that 60FPS means LOCKED at 60fps (between 59 and 61 maybe). And 30fps means LOCKED at 30.
No dynamic FPS.

Awesome. Thanks
BTW, in case any of you want to join me in this little PLEAD FOR COMMON SENSE: https://twitter.com/FDBmusic/status/908352014236692480

There I asked Adam to PLEASE add an "OK TO ALL" button to get rid of having to manually be pressing OK a hundred times. It's the year 2017 people!

We have I think. I just selected all pressing X on my Xbox ONE controller and then "detailed options", select the "overwrite with same name" and then just wait.

We have I think. I just selected all pressing X on my Xbox ONE controller and then "detailed options", select the "overwrite with same name" and then just wait.

I haven't tried that myself yet, but in that video it looks like he had to set the video's speed twice as fast to skip all the annoying messages.

I haven't tried that myself yet, but in that video it looks like he had to set the video's speed twice as fast to skip all the annoying messages.

Yeah I thought the same but then I tried to import only La Liga and it was automatic, so I imported everything!

No mate you can select all with X deselect all with Y ..but they take a long time to import.

Back
Top Bottom