PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

yes im on Nvidia. installed and now i have black screen then white then ctd :D
also the game doesnt even appear in the game list in nvidia, no matter if i add the exact location of the exe for scanning. dunno if that matters.

Mine is missing both the download and the backup folders, also does not appear in geforce experience game list.

I made a new install, didn't solve the problem.

@gabe.paul.logan - try adding the PES folder to your exclusion list in your anti-virus.

To find out what folder your PES is in, right-click on PES 2018 in Steam, go to properties, click the local files tab, browse local files, it'll open windows explorer and you can see the path. Add the folder to your exclusions list on your anti-virus

After you've done that, right click PES 2018 in Steam again, properties, local files tab, then click "verify integrity of game files" and allow it to check, then try running the game afterwards, hopefully that'll fix it?

The only thing I can think of is that your AV is giving a false positive and has deleted some file that PES needs to run, and that's why you are crashing to desktop, I might be barking up the wrong tree but what I've suggested above is worth a shout.

had the same with PESJP back then. i try this. altough i already uninstalled the game, turned off AV and installed it without it. but well see eh. spending my day off well :D ill clean my flat meanwhile at least. thanks for the tip

edit: nope. i think its something beyond the users can solve.

FIFA runs smoothly on ultra thats the real problem

Last edited:
On a single Asus 970GTX everything maxed, I use Nvidia Inspector, adding these settings to the PES2018 profile eliminated any aliasing for me ( it was especially noticeable on the far touchline white line ) :

ANTIA_zpsnqfjeswp.png

You can mess around with these settings to find the best performance depending on your card, I haven't had time to try anything in depth yet. Obviously this is for Nvidia cards, If you are on AMD, then I don't know if the Radeon Pro software is still going, if so you could try and use that to get comparable results.

I am unable to get DSR working at all yet through drivers, Nvidia Inspector or Geforce Experience.

Game runs smooth as silk for me though, can't wait to mod the hell out of it!

Appreciate your time! Yes, seems I have to play around with some 3rd party solutions. The game indeed is wonderful, if I manage to fix this only issue for me, I'll give my eyes an orgasm :LOL:

This may be helpful to others.

My monitor supports 144 hz. When I first started the game, it was choppy as hell. Then, I changed my refresh rate to 60 hz, and it played perfectly.

At first I thought that my PC couldn't handle the game, haha.

Make sure vsync is on in your graphics card driver, 144hz works perfectly for me.

I can also confirm that triple screen works for those that have them.

Exactly. There's no need to set your GTX CARD to 60hz just to play PES.
I created a profile for PES 2018 in Nvidia's Control Panel and with the right settings (I don't have them here with me, sorry) the game behaved as it's supposed to, without changing anything else before or after running it.

Good good :)

Nice to see this place is as lively as ever, Jimmy still around and the south african dude beginning with z (I think?), klashman too ? :D

Jimmy hasn't posted for a few months...South African chap = no idea mate & yeah Klash is still active.

South African dude beginning with Z, being Zeeimeister =)

WdgJNiU.png

The error code is due to "servers' maintenance", it seems. Although when I log into the game, I get to see the "online inbox". Strange. Almost 1h passed since that tweet.

Just hope to god they hurry up with the server maintenance, it doesnt help they havent updated the list of notes when you load the game, there's nothing on there about the Error code yet... They should add something in-game instead of people harassing Adam or officialpes's twitter

i mean i know how it works. as we had to update the DB till the end of may. then that updated PES 2017 database without transfers were saved and submitted. and probably of that the retail game has been made. then after every transfer, stat update comes with live update

I need help, i will have to play with low settings since i have a poor pc, i downloaded the demo to try but i cant change the render settings, so i would like to know if the demo render is set to high or medium, is there a way to change it, otherwise i will have to buy it on steam and request for a refund

Only problem is we still can't login to the servers. And no word at all from Konami. Still incompetent with online, but what's new.

@gabe.paul.logan Hey... I would like to know something: Are you trying to install PES on the same drive that you have your Windows installed?. If so, I would like you to uninstall the game, and tell Steam to install it on a different drive.

Thanks to all the guys for the impressions. I've got a quick question I'm not too clear with. For kits and teams, does the PC version now have the same edit mode as PS4. A simple image import can change the kits? Or do we have to wait for those huge option files.
I hope it's the same as ps4, and if so, can't we use the same bin files as the ps4? Thanks

Sorry mate, just venting.

I understand, mate. Can be frustrating. But if anything, Konami have shown to be far from incompetent with this game. So have a little patience. You got the game, you can play it, you can enjoy. Just not online right now, no reason to go overboard.

Thanks to all the guys for the impressions. I've got a quick question I'm not too clear with. For kits and teams, does the PC version now have the same edit mode as PS4. A simple image import can change the kits? Or do we have to wait for those huge option files.
I hope it's the same as ps4, and if so, can't we use the same bin files as the ps4? Thanks

Haven't tried it myself, but I seems like it: https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/wehk-option-file-for-pes2018-ps4-pc.77863/

Anyone playing the game on an ultrawide monitor? How does it look / feel? Been considering one for ages now so might be the time I finally decide to invest. Worth going ultradewide 1440p or keeping it to a standard size and going 4k?

I do. Playing on an Asus PG348Q (3440x1440) and it's a blast. Football games obviously really profit from 21:9.

llre1aq.jpg

I was about to buy an ultra-wide monitor myself, but since I do web-design, it wasn't gonna work it for me. Wasn't willing to spend that kind of money just for gaming. So I bought this 27'' G-Sync 144hz Dell monitor that is great for both gaming and designing.

On another note: I feel PES 2018 is that game that will make you go into the Trainning mode to really figure things out and discover new moves and things. I haven't had to go to trainning mode since PES 2014 I think.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 at 4K is something I can't describe with any words. Absolutely amazing, I've never seen anything like that in my gaming experience.

Played couple of games already and the game gives the impression like in some matches user's input is less responsive and it reminds me Pro 2014 where..Yeah, you know how it looked when it came to user input issue. Did you notice that? Or is it just me? It's still not that responsive as it should be :)

What about Nvidia Arsel? It doesn't appear in my game at all, even though I've downloaded Nvidia Experience. Do you know how to run it? This feature + 4K quality must be a blast.

God damn, that's beautiful. Alright, that's sort of made the decision for me! Cheers.

It really is. Once you've experienced the beauty of 21:9 PC gaming on a good display, you cannot go back. You'd need a beefy rig if you're planning on upgrading to that resolution, too, though.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 at 4K is something I can't describe with any words. Absolutely amazing, I've never seen anything like that in my gaming experience.

Played couple of games already and the game gives the impression like in some matches user's input is less responsive and it reminds me Pro 2014 where..Yeah, you know how it looked when it came to user input issue. Did you notice that? Or is it just me? It's still not that responsive as it should be :)

What about Nvidia Arsel? It doesn't appear in my game at all, even though I've downloaded Nvidia Experience. Do you know how to run it? This feature + 4K quality must be a blast.

you should be in replay mode (inside the game) thne press alt + f2, i've done the same mistakes before

I´ve been playing the Demo in 2560x1080 and it´s really beautiful/smooth in 21:9. A real "must buy" for me now

No issues here with Freesync 75hz (I think game is locked to 60hz?), controls are responsive in wireless X360 gpad here.

Machine is :
MSI Gaming B85 G43, i5 4590, 16gb RAM DDR3, sata 1tb
RX470 4gb Powercolor v2(Single fan) with latest drivers, LG 29um68-P Displayport
DAC Fiio k1 to headset, Win10 x64 Creators Ed.

DSR is indeed not working.

Also there are some transparency issues on my game. Instead of smooth transition in some shadows, I can see dot matrix like shadow !

Back
Top Bottom