PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

What are these player models? All players look so small or is it that the pitch size is huge?
It is really putting me off from this game. So much space that it is unreal.
Finally good pc port and then this.

Nobody else find it strange?
I found it same when i played the demo in PS4. But i changed the camera angle to something els which i forgot, mostly little closer. Then it all looked fine. Try messing around with the camera maybe it will help.

0e7575bd-166d-4ad2-b759-bc346eaf7322
DIMNN0p.jpg

Am i missing something? My antivirus has deleted some files thats why the ctd at start up? Someone could check the folders?
Mine is slightly different gabe...no backup folder & a Download folder
Untitled-1.png
Are you on Nvidia..if so are you using the Pes 2018 game ready driver -> https://forums.geforce.com/default/...lay-driver-feedback-thread-released-8-24-17-/ .. probably not that but maybe worth a try.

Just had to buy the ps4 version because I had to send my gpu off for a replacement. Hopefully there will be a ton of mods out when I upgrade to this version in a few weeks :)

are you aware that the transfer window closes at the end of August? :D
ship the game in whatever form then update it with dlc/live update. thats the only way. EA does the same. thats the price of the early release

Thanks but I don't have a nvidia gpu :D
Enable AMD VSR. But I don't know how much compatible VSR is.
This may be helpful to others.

My monitor supports 144 hz. When I first started the game, it was choppy as hell. Then, I changed my refresh rate to 60 hz, and it played perfectly.

At first I thought that my PC couldn't handle the game, haha.

That's why I always hate 144Hz monitor. It's made for cinema standards like 24 FPS, 48 FPS instead of video game's standard framerate 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, 240.

This may be helpful to others.

My monitor supports 144 hz. When I first started the game, it was choppy as hell. Then, I changed my refresh rate to 60 hz, and it played perfectly.

At first I thought that my PC couldn't handle the game, haha.

Thanks for that little tip, had the same problem, running at a steady 144 FPS but was choppy as hell. Just wish they put a setting in there to lock it at 30, 60, 90 or 144. Oh well.

Mine is slightly different gabe...no backup folder & a Download folder
View attachment 1180
Are you on Nvidia..if so are you using the Pes 2018 game ready driver -> https://forums.geforce.com/default/...lay-driver-feedback-thread-released-8-24-17-/ .. probably not that but maybe worth a try.

yes im on Nvidia. installed and now i have black screen then white then ctd :D
also the game doesnt even appear in the game list in nvidia, no matter if i add the exact location of the exe for scanning. dunno if that matters.

Thanks for that little tip, had the same problem, running at a steady 144 FPS but was choppy as hell. Just wish they put a setting in there to lock it at 30, 60, 90 or 144. Oh well.
Make sure vsync is on in your graphics card driver, 144hz works perfectly for me.

I can also confirm that triple screen works for those that have them.

Thanks Tom. Hell knows then. I saw on the net that it was a problem for 2017 for some peeps too which i wasnt experiencing back then.

hiya Gabe, I recommend adding the PES folder to your exclusions list in your anti-virus, and then verify your game files for PES on steam, it'll check to make sure you have everything you need and download it again if its missing.

Hope someone can put my mind at ease and say that they bought directly from steam (not a cd key site) and they are still getting the same error codes when trying to log in to online?

It would be very konami-esque to do something like block online for people who bought the game outside of Steam/a "proper" retailer >.<

yes im on Nvidia. installed and now i have black screen then white then ctd :D
also the game doesnt even appear in the game list in nvidia, no matter if i add the exact location of the exe for scanning. dunno if that matters.
Mmm sorry mate I don't know if the game list would effect it..but mine does show in the games list...some people over at the steam forums are saying that a clean install of the driver sorted it for them.

Hope someone can put my mind at ease and say that they bought directly from steam (not a cd key site) and they are still getting the same error codes when trying to log in to online?

It would be very konami-esque to do something like block online for people who bought the game outside of Steam/a "proper" retailer >.<
Yeah I bought through steam mate...same errors.

Can anyone help me improve AA? Really not happy with the in-game setting (everything maxed out btw)

On a single Asus 970GTX everything maxed, I use Nvidia Inspector, adding these settings to the PES2018 profile eliminated any aliasing for me ( it was especially noticeable on the far touchline white line ) :

ANTIA_zpsnqfjeswp.png

You can mess around with these settings to find the best performance depending on your card, I haven't had time to try anything in depth yet. Obviously this is for Nvidia cards, If you are on AMD, then I don't know if the Radeon Pro software is still going, if so you could try and use that to get comparable results.

I am unable to get DSR working at all yet through drivers, Nvidia Inspector or Geforce Experience.

Game runs smooth as silk for me though, can't wait to mod the hell out of it!

Good good :)

Nice to see this place is as lively as ever, Jimmy still around and the south african dude beginning with z (I think?), klashman too ? :D
Jimmy hasn't posted for a few months...South African chap = no idea mate & yeah Klash is still active.

Anyone playing the game on an ultrawide monitor? How does it look / feel? Been considering one for ages now so might be the time I finally decide to invest. Worth going ultradewide 1440p or keeping it to a standard size and going 4k?

@gabe.paul.logan - try adding the PES folder to your exclusion list in your anti-virus.

To find out what folder your PES is in, right-click on PES 2018 in Steam, go to properties, click the local files tab, browse local files, it'll open windows explorer and you can see the path. Add the folder to your exclusions list on your anti-virus

After you've done that, right click PES 2018 in Steam again, properties, local files tab, then click "verify integrity of game files" and allow it to check, then try running the game afterwards, hopefully that'll fix it?

The only thing I can think of is that your AV is giving a false positive and has deleted some file that PES needs to run, and that's why you are crashing to desktop, I might be barking up the wrong tree but what I've suggested above is worth a shout.

Back
Top Bottom