PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

WENB review was a good read too, I'm definately giving this years pes a miss and I know it will piss me off if I buy it and don't need that, hopefully PES19 will be the game we all hope for.

WENB review was a good read too, I'm definately giving this years pes a miss and I know it will piss me off if I buy it and don't need that, hopefully PES19 will be the game we all hope for.

Honestly surprised by their review and them highlighting the same issues we all see, latest year it has always been a bit too easy on the game faults:

The changes made in the day 1 patch have saved PES2018 from being the ultimate waste of potential. Overall the game is very good but still needs changes to shooting, fouls, atmosphere and finding some individuality in the teams.

Adam is very near to Nico, will this be the year they (KONAMI) will finally see people are tired of the same old issues holding back a potentially superb game?

thnks for exaustive review.. just we need more info about ML mode
I don't care about wrong rosters i mean the AI behaviors and new features, transfers, contracts , challenge requests and so on. Every year no one speak about this mode... IMO is the first choice for a hardcore PES gamer and usually the gameplay change a lot from exhibition to ML/tournaments mode (due scripting) , so mostly the gameplay review doesn't reflect the gameplay on ML
Thanks for the feedback as a big fan and mostly for the forum guys like yourself it's no different (ML) than last year and I was struggling to be engrossed or care about my team. Didn't go into detail as I didn't think there was much to tell. But do appreciate you reading my friend thanks

Sorry to go offtopic a bit, but is there a way to remove the stumble/catch-up bug? That's the only issue I have with that game.

i could swear that i saw Nani overunning defenders and reach the ball, even if he was before
He doesn't ask which one has better gameplay. He asks which one looks more like real soccer. PES 2011 looks like kids with special needs trying to play football.

And that was Seabass.

matter of taste. current pes 15,16,17,18 look to me like sliding puppets with with ball launching mechanism. especially 15, 16, 17 the ball travelled in perfect straight lines like bowling. inertia is absent in favor of responsive controls. the players have no gravity, limps, body posture.
shooting was so generic that i remember myself avoiding shooting.
graphics was ok, but no something exceptional.

i m not saying pes 11 was perfect, none is.
and will never be. i choose what resembles more the actual sport.

Pes 2011 was a great game and I'm glad somebody is giving it love, since usually people forget how great it was under certain aspects, like the state of art shooting. Only problem was that some animations were really clunky to no end, other than that it's probably the Pes I enjoyed the most after We9/Pes5.

That said, Pes 2018 looks really good to me..

Here's our review have a read. We enjoyed the game but it's not without fault.

Thanks

Chris

https://www.thecontextualworld.com/single-post/PES2018Review

i have just played 4 seasons of ML pes 2017.. this is how search player in master league.. shortlist based on position then the overall rating and take a look his preferred foot.. Look at the price.. then try to negotiate.. i barely touch the other options.. sometime it was rejected.. sometime the player i got does not meet my expectation
.. Just as simple as that enough for me.. fit for purpose..

The first thing I noticed when watching that PES 2011 video posted in the previous page, is players and pitch size. It made me realize that, probably, having smaller players and a bigger pitch size sensation (since PES 2013 onwards) has made the game look slightly unrealisti as opposed to what I would have thought.

i have just played 4 seasons of ML pes 2017.. this is how search player in master league.. shortlist based on position then the overall rating and take a look his preferred foot.. Look at the price.. then try to negotiate.. i barely touch the other options.. sometime it was rejected.. sometime the player i got does not meet my expectation
.. Just as simple as that enough for me.. fit for purpose..

Yeah vey true. In Pes2011 MLO I loved searching for specific players by foot type etc I just don't feel it in the ML this year and your correct it will do the job no doubt just what I thought . Thanks Chris

The last negative gameplay element in my opinion is that the promise of auto shielding has shown minimal results. In the earlier builds I was lucky enough to play it was prevalent, however now I see it only a few times in the game and very rarely from the AI.

From the WENB review.

That sounds disconcerting? I wonder if that's actually the case. That was one of the best additions to the game.

From the WENB review.

That sounds disconcertinig? I wonder if that's actually the case. That was one of the best additions to the game.
It depends on the player from what I've seen - watched a stream for a little while this morning and Diego Costa was pretty much shielding and holding the ball up every time he received it into feet, same with Lukaku. Otherwise it's pretty much a reflection of the players strength - hopefully that's the stat that influences it.

Concerning fouls imo they are a great issue, watching a lot of matches from patched ps4 release ( will it be the final one?) and the fouls missing again ... but the issue is that they missing because there aren't collisions, tackles or pressing not cuz the ref doesn't whistle them. So i think a lot of changes are required to fix this, Bhatti in his tweet about patch probably was speaking about that.
Really something is missing from all those builds, they have removed catch up bug, but that seems have simplified the game and changed too much the opposite's combativeness , i hope to be wrong an that changing pressing to frontline pressure and aggressive (like i've do this year to the most of the teams) could fix that... at least a little.

Last edited:
It depends on the player from what I've seen - watched a stream for a little while this morning and Diego Costa was pretty much shielding and holding the ball up every time he received it into feet, same with Lukaku. Otherwise it's pretty much a reflection of the players strength - hopefully that's the stat that influences it.

Because only high strength target men shield the ball in real life? :BORED:

The way it worked on beta was perfect, players like Iniesta and Hazard are just as good at shielding the ball.

It's such a shame they didn't take the beta and run with it, instead they went back to some kind of safe formula that appeals to the masses

Because only high strength target men shield the ball in real life? :BORED:

The way it worked on beta was perfect, players like Iniesta and Hazard are just as good at shielding the ball.

It's such a shame they didn't take the beta and run with it, instead they went back to some kind of safe formula that appeals to the masses
You haven't played it have you? Just basing this off a sentence from a review of someone who has probably played less than 10 hours of the game?

To be fair, I'm only basing this off a 25 minute stream I watched this morning.

Until we've all played for at least 2 weeks or so of consistent playing then we won't know anything. The current trend of people getting reviews and "thoughts" out as soon as possible is such a massive detriment to games and series (hell, it spills over to books and film as well). We can see in a few weeks time how the shielding works and whether it becomes a key part of the game or whether it's something that is a "user skill" and takes time to learn how to use to the best of it's ability.

Concerning fouls imo they are a great issue, watching a lot of matches from patched ps4 release ( will it be the final one?)
Nope, there's a release day patch (either tomorrow or on the 14th) that will also handle all transfers etc. and potentially any other minor gameplay changes. The aggression / tackles won't be patched until later on, I can imagine it'll be around the DP1 updates.

Until we've all played for at least 2 weeks or so of consistent playing then we won't know anything. The current trend of people getting reviews and "thoughts" out as soon as possible is such a massive detriment to games and series (hell, it spills over to books and film as well)..

Indeed.

The thing is, for an annual series like Pro Evo, the reviewer really has to elaborate on the seemingly trivial details. Delving deep into the minutiae is crucial for getting a better understanding of how the game has evolved or regressed (or both). A casual observer might completely miss the subtle changes in a mechanic, but to us, it could be game changing. Often times, it's the litany of minuscule changes that shapes the game each year.

Again, I can see how that sort of approach to a review would be lost on the masses and not in a big publication's (like IGN) best interest. Granted, we can all just play the game for ourselves like you said.

Oh really? The patch is out already for transfers etc.? Fair enough - from their official Twitter it was all alluding to a Thursday release for it. As long as they're up to date on transfers then the other areas can be tweaked afterwards I guess.
no, not for transfer (usually they add them via Live Update), but I guess that also the player and teams DB will be different
Probably they will add the DLC 1 in the day one patch, but i think that the build (i mean the exe) will be this one, but in the first DLC they could also add some gameplay tweaks via dt18 so are just hypothesis.. we have to wait, anyway bhatti words are not reassuring about that (few months) so i don't expect too many changes at day one

Anybody knows if there is a global release time? I mean in Hong Kong and New Zealand the 12th of September will begin in a little more than 3 1/2 hours. So theoretically we could access via VPN and preload the game earlier?
I want to know this too!

please tell me that i've misundertood something

https://twitter.com/Adam_Bhatti/status/906931371653976064

what about that? Really there aren't preseason friendlies in the first season???????
I'm a little confused

Anyway we can change night/day as we like during an ML

http://forums.operationsports.com/f.../915353-pes-2018-full-game-impressions-4.html

I'm sure with a bit of modding it can be maybe unlocked at start? 'qualify" for pre season to me sounds like certain few top clubs will play it when you start ML, like when you start a new ML in PES 2017 with Barca/Real/etc and you get into Spanish Supercup, but if you start with Eibar or Bilbao etc, you don't in 1st but maybe in 2nd season if you win league/cup aka "qualify" for it. But im just guessing i don't have the game.

Day/Night is a cool add-on, but can we also select the weather? If not, well, i'm sure that can be unlocked for ML matches too via our great PC modders.:P

I'm in America. Want to get it at midnight tonight, but want to get it with those cd key prices, not the steam prices. Anyone know how to go about that?

Back
Top Bottom