PES 2018 PC Discussion Thread

I have an i5 750 cpu, a 760 gtx 2gb gpu and 8gb of ram. Do you think that would be enough to play at 60fps at 1080p until I upgrade to a ryzen rig?

I have an i5 750 cpu, a 760 gtx 2gb gpu and 8gb of ram. Do you think that would be enough to play at 60fps at 1080p until I upgrade to a ryzen rig?
Your GPU is fine. Don't know about CPU.

You might get some stutters at 1080p but I'm pretty sure that wont be the case at 900p. But, it will probably run just fine. But I havent tested the game yet, so who kows.

Hi Guys

Just finished our review bar some tweaking. All the reviews go live tomorrow at 9am and ours is no different.
But as I mentioned we could only access offline so will add online scores once we have had some proper game time with it. We both agree transparency is key and hope this is reflected in the review.
Thanks for all the messages and listening to the podcast. Were excited for the first publish review.
We have Episode 9 going live tomorrow of the podcast as well around midday to accompany the review and put our points across why we came up with the scores we have. Our review is Xbox One not PC unfortunately.

Cheers

Chris

I also preordered the Premium edition (which is the Barcelona-edition, right?) on CD-Keys. I hope they really send the keys out on the 13th since i have to work on 14-16th :((.

DGEsYwgU0AE2u-N.jpg:large

Why the PES 2018 thread are locked ??

Some new legends in commentary
https://twitter.com/leothug20

- Gerrard
- Van Der Sar
- Eto'o
- Bebeto
- Hierro
- Del Piero
- Djorkaeff
- Guardiola
- Dugarry
- Bastituta
- Overmars
- Redondo
- Van Basten
- Van Nistelrooy
- Eusebio
- Ronaldo
- Ronaldinho
- Romario
- Roberto Baggio
- Laudrup
- Bergkamp
- Stankovic
- Shevchenko
- Zidane
- Taffarel
- Seedorf
- Saviola
- Djalminha
- Ademir da Guia
- Henry
- De La Pena
- Owen
- Reiziger
- Van Bommel
- Berger
- Bergomi
- Shearer
- Savicevic
- Scholes
- Schuster
- Deco
- Adriano
- Zambrotta
- Zamorano
- Zola
- Zorc
- Zubizarreta

Last edited:
Adding manager faces + cut scenes to the game would up the immersion. Even so if partner teams could have licenced managers and also we could edit all the manager heads ingame. But in the same time it would take a lot of resources to update the edit mode with new skins, hairstyles etc for a few cut scenes.

Didn't the older games have a system of setting home and away support?
1-5 stars or something
Yeah, it was there in the PS2 era. I don't remember if 1-5 stars or 1-3 but that is exactly how it used to work.
It was there along with snow (PES 5 and PES 6), with the chance to use alternate shorts/socks (PES 5, although that feature was very limited without kitserver), with the chance to have the commentator root for the home team instead of being neutral, with sunset games (PES 2011 to 2013 if I recall correctly but I might be wrong... PS3 era anyway).
Also the chance to select different kind of chants for teams coming from different countries was a nice feature (I don't know if it's still in though, I believe not).

Watch the above videos and compare them with pes 18.
Which looks more like real soccer?

Definitely PES 2011.

I tried it again and the passing system (omg this passing system. The perfection of semi-assisted and freedom), shooting (variation, wrong foot, body potision), variation in controls. If Takatuka had fox engine back to then, maybe we had a fantastic game.

Today everything seemed easy. Only animations are better, but the football core is very basic.

Anyway ready to test PES 2018 full game now.

Definitely PES 2011.

I tried it again and the passing system (omg this passing system. The perfection of semi-assisted and freedom), shooting (variation, wrong foot, body position), variation in controls. If Takatuka had fox engine back to then, maybe we had a fantastic game.

Today everything seemed easy. Only animations are better, but the football core is very basic.

Anyway ready to test PES 2018 full game now.

He doesn't ask which one has better gameplay. He asks which one looks more like real soccer. PES 2011 looks like kids with special needs trying to play football.

And that was Seabass.

He doesn't ask which one has better gameplay. He asks which one looks more like real soccer. PES 2011 looks like kids with special needs trying to play football.

And that was Seabass.

Yeah i know what he asked. PES used to be a title that looking for realism and maybe PES 2011 was the last one. Yes it has many problems with the collision system and animations but had fantastic passing, shooting system and the stats was evident.
It's not the nostalgia mode. Its the reality. Still can't dedicate many hours in this game. Just acknowledge the elements that todays titles totally ignore.
Think a PES 2018 with passing and shooting system of PES 2011. Plus the controls variations.

I stop it here cause it's not a PES 2011 vs PES newer titles thread.

Anybody knows if there is a global release time? I mean in Hong Kong and New Zealand the 12th of September will begin in a little more than 3 1/2 hours. So theoretically we could access via VPN and preload the game earlier?

Here's our review have a read. We enjoyed the game but it's not without fault.

Thanks

Chris

https://www.thecontextualworld.com/single-post/PES2018Review

thnks for exaustive review.. just we need more info about ML mode
I don't care about wrong rosters i mean the AI behaviors and new features, transfers, contracts , challenge requests and so on. Every year no one speak about this mode... IMO is the first choice for a hardcore PES gamer and usually the gameplay change a lot from exhibition to ML/tournaments mode (due scripting) , so mostly the gameplay review doesn't reflect the gameplay on ML

Back
Top Bottom