PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

I am not disappointed because ı didn't have any hopes for this..Looks like Pes 16 which is the worst football game ever exist imo. Unnaturel movement , glued ball, still one button sprinting etc. etc. you know the rest. Pes needs a total revamp otherwise sales will keep going down every year.

To each its own. To me PES 2016 is the best PES in a long time. I'll admit that I bought it at launch, but played fifa 16 instead, until about 3 months ago, when I started playing PES 2016, but I've been enjoying it a lot even with all its flaws.

The videos look OK. Its kinda hard to judge without actually playing and "feeling it", demo will def help. Thankfully this year I kept my expectations at bay, even when I read "This is the best game ever!" and early reviewers said it was back to the golden days (which is what we usually hear around this time of the year.

It looks exactly what I thought it would be like. The movements seem OK, the physics seem good, keepers a bit better, hopefully more fouls (which I hope to see vs AI)and not a lot of ping pong. Improvements over 2016 . A bunch of old problems still remain and will remain in the DNA of PES who knows till when.

It'll keep me entertained. Is this the best soccer game from what I've seen? No. Does it look like an improvement over '16? How could it not.

Believe me guys, in one year the improvements will not be game-changing either.

Im here asking myself when konami is really starting to make current gen football games. This day will ever come?
Im not comparing PES with fifa, but with all other games of many different categories ie, Nba 2k, Dark Souls, Batman, The Last of Us and etc.
Why they can make a game with some proper and authentic animations? Why?
Why they are so affraid of changes? PES 2014 was is the right way imo. Im not play games just for the animations but PES 5 have better (not more) animations than this.
New consoles are coming, Gtx 1070 its a speed demon for a low price, I cant be a fanboy no more. The game looks dated. The more I watch these videos, the more sad I became.

Last edited:
That athletic vs barca video just filled me with so much more hope. Lots of fouls. A decent amount of AI pass error. I wish Torres hadn't scored in the damn bottom corner but I would aim for that was well.

Feel so much better now there was plenty of good in that video.

To each its own. To me PES 2016 is the best PES in a long time. I'll admit that I bought it at launch, but played fifa 16 instead, until about 3 months ago, when I started playing PES 2016, but I've been enjoying it a lot even with all its flaws.
Same here,but I have played 2 seasons on ML,the past 2-3 weeks and I enjoy it a great deal.
We're still a few guys playing and posting in the ML thread mate

Amen to that brother,nice to see in here again, haven't talked to you in a while,since slider fixing in FIFA 16
(Ettnollbajen)
Always good to have your sharp eyes on board :)

Of course, Ettno - great to see you too, bud. Sorry I didn't recognize the SN :)

I'll have my video analysis of course, after the initial dust settles a bit, but something out for the weekend for sure.

Of course, Ettno - great to see you too, bud. Sorry I didn't recognize the SN :)

I'll have my video analysis of course, after the initial dust settles a bit, but something out for the weekend for sure.
Ha ha,sounds great pal.
You've got the perseverance we need both here and on OS,sounds good man,will be looking out for that,and your other stuff on the sliders settings ( which I still follow and obey)
Doing a good job man

Pretty much what I expected... PES 2016 without broken refs, replays and GKs (from what I've seen so far). If this justifies a 60$ purchase is up to you.

Overall, the game is still designed for 13 years old FUT pack buyers. Arcady as hell, lazer guided passing and shooting that encourages ping pong.

I can see why some people are disappointed due to hype. But at this point, if you believe Bhatti's PR empty statements, it's your own fault.

Pretty much what I expected... PES 2016 without broken refs, replays and GKs (from what I've seen so far). If this justifies a 60$ purchase is up to you.

Overall, the game is still designed for 13 years old FUT pack buyers. Arcady as hell, lazer guided passing and shooting that encourages ping pong.

I can see why some people are disappointed due to hype. But at this point, if you believe Bhatti's PR empty statements, it's your own fault.

if there is a better alternative out there you'll let me know right?
:SMUG:

I'm kind of with you in terms of what I expected. Watching archived RL matches now, side by side to PES 17 videos, and it just doesn't look right. A big thing that stands out is how PES doesn't seem to accomplish the tightness of the pitch, and defensive pressure. A very small, but big thing, is the visual of midfielders with their back to goal. You just don't see that often enough in PES. When the pressure is built there, it should be more difficult to get off a laser accurate pass, but PES does it so perfectly.

Just little things like that. I have to remember that the expectations could not have been a complete transformation in what we see IRL, but I expected it to be further away from PES16 at least.

2016 with minor improvements would be enough for me to be fair. Fix the broken things, along with option files and hopefully an improved Master League and I'll be happy for the year.

2016 with minor improvements would be enough for me to be fair. Fix the broken things, along with option files and hopefully an improved Master League and I'll be happy for the year.

Yes, agreed. Satisfied for it to be PES, but is it football? Not the kind we see IRL, but that pursuit has been ongoing forever now.

I personally have to accept that reality, and just continue to promote what it should be.

Nothing "wowed" me, but I saw some improvements. Unfortunately, I saw just as many potential faults. All I can say is I need a demo. No point getting fussed over footage. I just don't have it in me anymore.

Nothing "wowed" me, but I saw some improvements. Unfortunately, I saw just as many potential faults. All I can say is I need a demo. No point getting fussed over footage. I just don't have it in me anymore.
yup, i am to old for all this(watching and analyzing all videos)
my time is very valuable especially free time.
just need a game that gives me that feeling of playing my favorite sport.

pes does that better then any other football game.

presentation goes to the other giant but the gameplay, and that is what i need in the end has always been PES.
Unless some big miracle happens it doesn't seem like it will be different this year.

I'm kind of with you in terms of what I expected. Watching archived RL matches now, side by side to PES 17 videos, and it just doesn't look right. A big thing that stands out is how PES doesn't seem to accomplish the tightness of the pitch, and defensive pressure. A very small, but big thing, is the visual of midfielders with their back to goal. You just don't see that often enough in PES. When the pressure is built there, it should be more difficult to get off a laser accurate pass, but PES does it so perfectly.

Just little things like that. I have to remember that the expectations could not have been a complete transformation in what we see IRL, but I expected it to be further away from PES16 at least.

It is. How far did you think it will get. They have fixed what needed to be fixed. Passing, Crossing, better defending, better GK, real ball physics, battles are more natural, player are more physical, shooting is more varied, more fouls, better AI, adaptive AI, advanced instructions to adjust and eliminate scripting, amazing visually, more animations, etc. that's what I expected. The scores were pretty much low and realistic from all the players that played the game, so far so good. They won't be able to do much more than that. Players movement and animations do not click at all times, but that's not what I all care about.

Wait until you actually play the game. No point judging of videos recorded at 720p/30fps.

i skipped on pes16 so this looks good, with full manual passing and an edited gameplay option file it could finally be the time to say goodbye to pes6

sigh*

one of the biggest part of a footy game, shooting still looks really one dimensional. :/ 90% of the shots are strong, accurate...they are very well hit shot where stronger foot, body position, player skill dont matter.

PES needs shooting technique back badly until then scoring wont feel rewarding, no matter how good are the keepers and the defence

I remember back in the days where i rather shoot with Roberto Carlos/Adriano from distance than Ronaldinho/Kaka yet...if the latter two scored from distance those were special goals because their shooting technique. Nowdays there are no Kaka/Ronaldinho players...only 22 R. Carlos/Adriano on the pitch.

Shooting technique or sliders. Whatever since FIFA doesnt have s. technique either yet u can tweak shooting error at least.

its all the cons i have so far. but it may cause for me not to buy the game

Last edited:
I'm very impressed with the goalkeepers,active and seems hard to break down,also like the animations of the GKs,making both nice and "weird" saves.
And looking at highlights from different videos so does the rest of the players

I just watched alot of vids and this is not true. I saw plenty go high and wide. Not sure why you see differently.

Me too and i saw a plenty go straight in the net or straight at the keeper. A few went high and wide.

Also i really wanted to see a 70 rated keeper in the goal just for one game.

The demo will tell the story in the end but for me everything is looking amazing besides shooting. I dont want another arcade shooter footy game.

For me Rocket League feels the most rewarding when it comes to scoring on a virtual pitch nowdays.

These videos show two main issues: assisted passing and (to a lower extent) assisted shooting.

Those will not affect the game offline, but online it could be another arcade like game with people spamming overpowered passes and through balls.

Will see the full picture after the demo is out
Really hard to judge until you play it on your own
Sad for losing Bayern but good move to sub it with Dortmund
Anyway I'm buying it for sure for the lovely Cantonese commentary
Fxxk evil EA

But while u can adjust the passing assistance this year (again as i heard) what can u do about shooting? Tweak Scoring attribute for EVERY player in the game?

But while u can adjust the passing assistance this year (again as i heard) what can u do about shooting? Tweak Scoring attribute for EVERY player in the game?

You can "adjust" by turning everything manual, the same as the last 2 years. It's applying a band aid for a tumor.

When I play ML on 16, i still get around 2 FK a game,way to little,but passing % being broken?
I usually have around 65-75% and CPU the same.
So how is that broken?
I play on manual on superstar,they way the game,I think is made.
Had 4 seasons on FIFA 16,lowest pass % by CPU was 86% that's broken pal.
So broken,gimme a break

I haven't played pes since last year, I remember the passing percentage for both you and opponent is around 80%-90% all the time. It's probably been fixed by Konami.

Also I didn't mentioned that passing % is broken.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom