PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Do you know if there are any videos in full manual? More inaccuracy in passes may lead to more fouls. It will be hard though if all that can be found is amateurish gameplay with tiki taka play and lousy AI difficulty

I swear some people just play for animations. PES was never about animations and foot planting even back then. But clearly it's much improved over last year's. So I don't know what people expected to be done in one year, the only argument you can have is PES 2014 and we all know how that all turned out for them. They focused so much on animations and foot planting yet it seems like they forgot, gameplay is the most important thing.

Still moves in a rigid un-organic way and the animation transitions look clunky and obvious..

In static shots it looks stunning but it doesn't flow in a realistic way..

The stumbling animations and collisions still look stiff and awkward.

Looks to me that the breif was better graphics and lifelike faces with not to much work applied to where it's really needed..I want to be optimistic but nothing really impressed me..

More of the same with minor tweaks.Looks even more arcade like and watered down.

Definitely we have to play this game, but from what i've seen, i'm not impressed at all. It's very close to PES 2016 and many parts that need fixing, looks the same. For example ball physics. Also the passing and shooting lacks again of variation and diversity. Too accurate for my likings.

Defending AI looks better than last year game, but again too much space in the midfiled and the players are all over the pitch.

What i like from these videos, are GK, crossing and referees.

If I was konami I would just port pes5 over and add hd textures,it would still play like and feel like a more simulated version of footie..

it looks a bit different than last year, what i don't like are all the little fast touches when players dribble, in that video messi changes direction, dribbles back and touches the ball about 7 times in 2 seconds, 4 times with his right foot, i've also seen defenders dribble like that, ball glued to their feet like in a futsal match + all those perfect first touches

but i'm gonna wait for the demo, maybe it feels better than it looks

This place never change, no surprise why developers don't give a shit about evoweb pessimism.

We are getting left behind a bit here at times, i just posed a whole load of videos and the game really does look impressive but i think this place has been so depressed for so long, many people are back to their old habits in directly looking for negatives only. :LOL:

I dunno if people were expecting to see 'noobs' struggle when they just changed a few settings to suit them. I almost think some peoples idea of realism is for every match to be a sunday league slog at times

You will be able to see theres quite a lot of differences between the styles of play depending on where the video is from. some people have deliberately made the game easier and more fun, some have stuck to its original settings for a more PES 2015/PES 5 experience.

Again, i've posted a lot of PES Universe content which shows the new game really looking in a nice place.

it looks a bit different than last year, what i don't like are all the little fast touches when players dribble, in that video messi changes direction, dribbles back and touches the ball about 7 times in 2 seconds, 4 times with his right foot, i've also seen defenders dribble like that, ball glued to their feet like in a futsal match + all those perfect first touches

but i'm gonna wait for the demo, maybe it feels better than it looks

I dont like the dribbling at all since its still inferior to PES 2013's system. They seem to have an issue with getting players to only use their strong foot while dribbling.

But i've given up waiting for the perfect game, i'm just highly impressed with what i've seen, really looks solid and a game with depth.

I applaud the conmunities efforts i know they work hard but it doesnt matter who plays the game the passing and shooting animations dont change. Passing on the floor is perfect everytime and always in a straight line.

Last edited:
I think the game is the same chaotic click & Point adventures as was PES 2016. The game has no density. Players act like drugged, their movements are disoriented. Everything seems too chaotic and monotonous.

#NextYear

:COAT:

Why are you harping on an old pic? The image was from PES 2016. I see its all getting a bit silly in here today. Fifa lads waiting with knives out....pal grow the fuck up
Whoa whoa whoa... It was just a joke (as I spotted it in an old PES 2014 video and I posted it way back).
I was just surprised to see how the same exact glitch happened in two different games (PES 2014, and PES 2016 or 2017) and I was making a little fun at Konami, nothing serious in it. I mean, it's not like I don't blame/make fun of EA when it's the case.

And even if I played FIFA 16 more than PES 2016 (I have both) it doesn't automatically make me a FIFA fanboy or such... To be honest, I'd love to see PES get back where it deserves as ISS/PES are the games I played the most when I was a teenager (ISS 64 then ISS 98 for N64 especially) and I hold wonderful memories of them.

Last edited:
Pes Universe vids look really good, but damn, no zero pass support vids? There is even a mention that someone doesn't like pass support 2 and 3, no shit, they should never even be used in a sentence, let alone actually used.

It's good that people can play on pass support but I find it absolutely impossible.

Pes Universe vids look really good, but damn, no zero pass support vids? There is even a mention that someone doesn't like pass support 2 and 3, no shit, they should never even be used in a sentence, let alone actually used.

It's good that people can play on pass support but I find it absolutely impossible.

PES Universe guys all played on pass support 1, i dunno about the NGB or other videos, maybe on level 3.

I'm looking forward to no support passing since i'm so used to it from PES 2016.

Definitely we have to play this game, but from what i've seen, i'm not impressed at all. It's very close to PES 2016 and many parts that need fixing, looks the same. For example ball physics. Also the passing and shooting lacks again of variation and diversity. Too accurate for my likings.

Defending AI looks better than last year game, but again too much space in the midfiled and the players are all over the pitch.

What i like from these videos, are GK, crossing and referees.

I know what you mean, this is why i was talking about Football Players and us making our own game in the next coming years, we cant wait for that perfect game anymore, its up to us to try and get talented people together to make it.

Crosses and long passes still look one dimensional and like homing missiles..areas that have needed massive amounts of variation and refinement for to long..

It's the stop start nature of animations also and the way visually the graphics looks to over developed for the animations(just doesn't sit right).

I miss the foot planting and play testers are stating its really accessible and easy to score.While I never put to much stock in videos,you can't deny it does again seem to easy to ping pong one two passes in the box,bypassing the defence even if there in the right position.

Been on this boat since 2008 and it seems on the surface that a it's more of the same..lots of bold marketing talk and buzzwords with very little in the way of delivery.

I've seen that one vid of the guy playing a very low-level AI and thumping it 7-1.

Is there any other vid, anywhere, of anyone at all playing against Professional/Top Player/Superstar AI?

We are getting left behind a bit here at times, i just posed a whole load of videos and the game really does look impressive but i think this place has been so depressed for so long, many people are back to their old habits in directly looking for negatives only. :LOL:

I dunno if people were expecting to see 'noobs' struggle when they just changed a few settings to suit them. I almost think some peoples idea of realism is for every match to be a sunday league slog at times

You will be able to see theres quite a lot of differences between the styles of play depending on where the video is from. some people have deliberately made the game easier and more fun, some have stuck to its original settings for a more PES 2015/PES 5 experience.

Again, i've posted a lot of PES Universe content which shows the new game really looking in a nice place.

I agree. I bet they only care about animations in football games. Lets anylaze. Passing looks much better, I have seen videos where they miss pass and over place it and it's not as fast as last year, I mean people here are bitching at great passers having accurate passing. LOL. The ball looks beautiful by the way. The video clearly makes the game look faster, from what I read. Crossing is a lot better, people are bitching that players that are good, cross more accurately. Yeah let them have shitty crosses at random times, it will be so fun. Again LOL. Shooting is a lot better, you lose balance and your shot is not as accurate, skills seems to be more responsive but at the same time can be intercepted, GK are fantastic, Refs are much better, animations clearly doubled over last year. AI is clearly more responsive, I mean you have instructions like tight marking, Gegenpressing, etc. for defense. Yet you still think the game will be scripted! This clearly helps. You might have issues with foot planting and players movement, if that's all you care about then plz go play FIFA.

I've seen that one vid of the guy playing a very low-level AI and thumping it 7-1.

Is there any other vid, anywhere, of anyone at all playing against Professional/Top Player/Superstar AI?

Not sure man, most of the vids i saw where human vs human. I heard good things about the AI vs the CPU although if you have 3-4 hours to play the game you would want to focus on playing against people rather than the AI.

I think the potential is there to play good, thoughtful and hopefully inventive football but the majority chosen to play the game don't do a good job of showcasing this.

Thanks for the tactics video Klashman.

The animations are a default area of improvement now.

i'm going to have to stop watching these videos because they are just disappointing me, on the defensive side of things (which is supposed to be very strong this year) all I can see are wide open spaces on the wings and acres of room for shots to be taken.

need demo now!

I agree. I bet they only care about animations in football games. Lets anylaze. Passing looks much better, I have seen videos where they miss pass and over place it and it's not as fast as last year, I mean people here are bitching at great passers having accurate passing. LOL. The ball looks beautiful by the way. The video clearly makes the game look faster, from what I read. Crossing is a lot better, people are bitching that players that are good, cross more accurately. Yeah let them have shitty crosses at random times, it will be so fun. Again LOL. Shooting is a lot better, you lose balance and your shot is not as accurate, skills seems to be more responsive but at the same time can be intercepted, GK are fantastic, Refs are much better, animations clearly doubled over last year. AI is clearly more responsive, I mean you have instructions like tight marking, Gegenpressing, etc. for defense. Yet you still think the game will be scripted! This clearly helps. You might have issues with foot planting and players movement, if that's all you care about then plz go play FIFA.

Yeah, i like your positivity, i mean i'm actually baffled people cant see the PES 5 comparisons because its like PES 5 without the heavy rails and 8 direction movement.

With all the freedom you get in PES for passing especially, for the game to look this solid is very promising. I said before it will not be better than sex but it will be a worthy PES game.

I haven't played it obviously but i don't see any difference to PES16.

every pass is perfect

no fouls

skating

too many tricks and flicks - that Neymar goal (1st vid above) is horrible.

no midfield - whats worrying in that first pes universe video is that he says Madrid are playing deep and and have a compact middle - but there's no one in the middle. So many gaps.

Does anyone here who played a ton of PES16 see any difference?

Ill wait for demo before I give my proper opinion but the above is what I see.
However, the game does look visually stunning.

Last edited:
i'm going to have to stop watching these videos because they are just disappointing me, on the defensive side of things (which is supposed to be very strong this year) all I can see are wide open spaces on the wings and acres of room for shots to be taken.

need demo now!

If the defense is so shit then why are the scores so reasonable? Last year demo we were seeing huge/laughable scores, yet this year the highest score is 4-1 but often from what I saw scores are low and realistic. If you have a problem with space use the advanced instructions meaning use your brain.

*with my not so good english, sorry

Ground passes don't bobble and also don't spin towards left or right.
- This causes the related complaints about first touch. Most of the time players doesn't struggle to control the ball, because ball follows the perfect straight line.
- This causes players' related player sats aren't taken into consideration so the game feels overall flat and ping pongy.
- As I see, that's why the game feels more realistic when the ball is in the air. Because the ball moves differently not like ground passes. First touch, ball spin, player stats are there.
- But naturally, ground passes are the the most used ones both in reality and in a computer game.

So what I am saying is, as long as Konami does't work on ground pass ball physics, we are doomed that kind of flat, not so deep gameplay.

If the defense is so shit then why are the scores so reasonable? Last year demo we were seeing huge/laughable scores, yet this year the highest score is 4-1 but often from what I saw scores are low and realistic. If you have a problem with space use the advanced instructions meaning use your brain.

i'm not saying the defence is shit at all, how could i possibly know when I haven't played it? i'm just saying there are situations in the videos where there seems to be acres of space for the attacking team to utilise and it's worrying me slightly considering the feedback given by those who've played it says otherwise

hopefully i'll play the game and all will be fine, it's impossible to know what setups and tactics people are using in the videos and if they are even responding to it by changing things in game. i'm guessing that they aren't as well as two player games tending to be a bit more frantic than hose against the AI.

i'm looking forward to trying out the game myself that's for sure

I haven't played it obviously but i don't see any difference to PES16.

every pass is perfect

no fouls

skating

too many tricks and flicks - that Neymar goal (1st vid above) is horrible.

Wait, wait, these are all human vs human videos and yourcomplaining there is too many tricks?

:CONFUSE:

I see the issue here now, its like some people expect to see people play THEIR way rather than just watch what is there and understand te general consensus regarding the settings used.

Still, complaining about tricks, really? wtf! Its up to the player what he wants to do surely.

i'm not saying the defence is shit at all, how could i possibly know when I haven't played it? i'm just saying there are situations in the videos where there seems to be acres of space for the attacking team to utilise and it's worrying me slightly considering the feedback given by those who've played it says otherwise

hopefully i'll play the game and all will be fine, it's impossible to know what setups and tactics people are using in the videos and if they are even responding to it by changing things in game. i'm guessing that they aren't as well as two player games tending to be a bit more frantic than hose against the AI.

i'm looking forward to trying out the game myself that's for sure

I'd recommend if you watch the video again to notice the new tactical instructions and see how in certain situations, players are going too far by putting too many of them on, causing the formation to become imbalanced and allowing space for the opposition.

One of the most important things about tactics is holistic understanding, don't do too many things at once which contradict eachover. I'm not criticising you here at all. Its just one of those things when you look for so many things in a short video.

Then again its 3-4 hour playtest so you would expect most matches for players to be experimenting.

Last edited:
For me game looks like an advanced version of pes 2016. I cant`t judge the game by the videos but one thing bothers me a lot, in the videos vs AI the same thing happened when the ai is trying to keep the ball, they do very fast animation that kills momentum and inability for ai to make mistake. all in all game looks promising, not perfect but gives you possibilities to play your style from what i saw, very good runs on the wings, inside the box, great tempo and pace. would like to see if someone played with manual passing and shooting...

Klashman,

Just calling it as I see and know one more then me wants to see konami nail it again.

That said it hasn't stopped me buying pes each year and even pes16 has its merits.

This isn't about cosmetics or animations,it's about delivering a product that's robust and polished and after to many false dawns and half baked games,I wanted to be impressed by the finer detail s(passing,ai,movement,situational awareness and all the tiny little details that make for just a better and more refined gaming experience).

Being objective not being negative..but come on three years or more they have had with the fox engine and the fruits of that are just better player faces and the superficial.Because on the surface not much else has changed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom