PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Amen:))

That is a good idea to simply download a patch to try and cater for feedback as the game progresses, however it's not a good business model from a retained profit point of view.

Good idea though.
Hear ya!
Think most game developers nowadays,even if they don't admit it,releases games not really "ready", so updates/DLC/Tuner sets could do the trick.

Wouldn't mind a bit more freedom with "sliders" either

Hear ya!
Think most game developers nowadays,even if they don't admit it,releases games not really "ready", so updates/DLC/Tuner sets could do the trick.

Wouldn't mind a bit more freedom with "sliders" either

Yes I like the idea of sliders, it gives us a bit more freedom to create our perfect PES! FIFA does that well, but I would imagine adding in to the code now is a lot of work!

Yes I like the idea of sliders, it gives us a bit more freedom to create our perfect PES! FIFA does that well, but I would imagine adding in to the code now is a lot of work!
Yeah think you're spot on there,maybe it's just me reminiscing about my PC days with PES 5-6,patching the daylight out of those games,now on console.

Yeah,FIFA does that well,I was involved on operation sports community sliders,but there's something about FIFA that,I don't know,doesn't sit right?
No matter how you tweak that game,passing/shooting,player movement etc feels "light"

My mate works for gaming company and was invited to E3 in USA. He is a PES fan from way back but after playing both pes and Fifa he feels Fifa just edges it. He did say both are good this year.

Why isn't there any gameplay trailers for PES? That's just stupid marketing. FIFA already have put 5 videos, showing new gameplay features while PES showed none. Konami are just clueless.

Last edited:
My mate works for gaming company and was invited to E3 in USA. He is a PES fan from way back but after playing both pes and Fifa he feels Fifa just edges it. He did say both are good this year.

Just that FIFA feels like the complete package where as Evo still feels half finished.

Well I've heard the same thing every year.

Honestly guys, the best way to vote is with your pockets. You have a free demo you can abuse til your hearts' content. Then it's all in your hands.

Just that FIFA feels like the complete package where as Evo still feels half finished.

I mean yeah. Its so cool for him he got to play it and thx for the tiny info but i dont even trust my opinion after 7-8 hours with any of the demos. Every flaw comes out after weeks and after trying all the modes as i experienced. I still remember PES 2014 leaked demo looked very decent, aswwell 2015's demo didnt have overpowered R2 shooting but the retail had so its also upto the changes from the demo prior the retail release. Also dunno what your mates prefer in footy games in the past 20 yrs. Too many aspects. :D :)

So i learnt not to control my hype meter based on opinions "its good/better/nothing like last year/new PES/king is back/more simulator". I dont even trust the detailed footy united podcast because this situation and they even all agree on this.

Personaly im still waiting for a PES like PES 4-5-6 but not that quick pace where everything is balanced or should i say defence - midfield overpowers the attack, also shooting and passing isnt laser guieded and cpu is just as good enough as 10 yrs before by varying its attack and finishing, style of play.

Last edited:
Have to remember we were all hooked on last years demo. .the only way to judge the game is to buy it and play it for 6 weeks but then again some of us got a great buzz from the Euro 2016 when that came out even though it still had all the faults . . the longevity of it is the problem.

Have to remember we were all hooked on last years demo. .the only way to judge the game is to buy it and play it for 6 weeks but then again some of us got a great buzz from the Euro 2016 when that came out even though it still had all the faults . . the longevity of it is the problem.
Why not just keep playing the demo for 6 weeks before you're positive you want to give them your money?

Were we? I don't rememberevo web being particularly excited by demo. i liked it at first, but more i played it more glaring issues became evident.

Why not just keep playing the demo for 6 weeks before you're positive you want to give them your money?

The point is when you play the game for more than a month then you will be able to try out the AI in different modes. Like in PES 2016 where gameplay for me is better in tournament modes than in master league. Playing the demo for 6 weeks won't be any different from playing it for a week because you can't judge the overall game from the demo.

Last edited:

I also thought the demo was magnificent.
Occasionally i play exhibition games and IMO they are also much better than ML, league and other modes.

It also seems the demo is not quite the same as the full game.

The demo is made (finished? polished?) by an other team than the one that makes the Retail version (full game) and it often occurs that those teams take liberties in order to a job that is as good as possible... that seem to be the reason why the demo is different from the retail version. How do i know this? I heard Adam Bhatti say this on a podcast...

So basically, the demo is no demo...

The glaring issues like the goalies, refs etc were also in the demo. These things as usual hardly change even how many times they tell us it's 70 or 80% etc. It's best we learn from it so if we see issues in the demo we don't like it's best we keep playing to confirm them and make better decisions.

Well the full game is normally different to the demo and you could miss out on a great game or get stuck with a worse game than the demo. Ah who am I fooling? I'll buy it anyway . .always do.

Last edited:
I also thought the demo was magnificent.
Occasionally i play exhibition games and IMO they are also much better than ML, league and other modes.

It also seems the demo is not quite the same as the full game.

The demo is made (finished? polished?) by an other team than the one that makes the Retail version (full game) and it often occurs that those teams take liberties in order to a job that is as good as possible... that seem to be the reason why the demo is different from the retail version. How do i know this? I heard Adam Bhatti say this on a podcast...

So basically, the demo is no demo...

That's interesting Gerd, I didn't know that. So I was kinda on the right track in what I was saying.

Seems the demo is usually what the developers have in mind, then there is ton of feedback that is taken into consideration... and usually only the feedback from the casuals... So the final product ends up being worse. I've said it before and I'll say it again, developers of football games need to stop having the general public tell them how to make games, just make your game and stick by the product you made.

Seems the demo is usually what the developers have in mind, then there is ton of feedback that is taken into consideration... and usually only the feedback from the casuals... So the final product ends up being worse. I've said it before and I'll say it again, developers of football games need to stop having the general public tell them how to make games, just make your game and stick by the product you made.

This, so much this.

I remember PES 2011 demo was so good back then, but people started compaining about refs calling too much fouls, and in the final version refs became a lot more lenient, and the final product felt a bit more on rails in terms of movement/passing.

Yeah, fifa 16 demo was much better too. Same with Fifa 14, 13. Didn't knew that Pes was on the same track aswell.

last year the full game came out on september 17th and the demo came out on august 13th, right after gamescom wich was held from august 5 to 9

this year the game comes out on september 13th. altough gamescom will be held during the 18th and 21st of august. so take a guess

i still think it will come out right after gamescom, nothing before that

last year the full game came out on september 17th and the demo came out on august 13th, right after gamescom wich was held from august 5 to 9

this year the game comes out on september 13th. altough gamescom will be held during the 18th and 21st of august. so take a guess

i still think it will come out right after gamescom, nothing before that

If that's the case the demo should be in mid August. The demo being close to the release date makes no sense to me. Maybe the first day of Gamescom then.

Back
Top Bottom