PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Talk is cheap.
EA Excell at marketing.(talk, promote, market)
EA suck at gameplay (what it is in the end)
KONAMI suck at marketing
KONAMI EXCELL at gameplay.

Talk is all the marketing,all the videos and all the promises for a better gameplay. EA sucker me in every year in believing the hype and buying the game. To be disappointed in the end.
KONAMI don't promise as much. They are making an effort because even they see that the Marketing is needed to hype up the game, to increase the sales.
But it's just not them.
Still, when I buy Pes I am reasonably satisfied with what I've paid for.

C'mon man. Even ISS PRo 98 with Carlos Valderrama on the cover have much more stats influence in gameplay than PES 2016. Good gameplay dont mean ultra fast responsive input and pin pon passing with any team or any player. I believe everyone here are long time PES players so, lets be realistic

Last edited:
C'mon man. Even ISS PRo 98 with Carlos Valderrama on the cover have much more stats influence in gameplay than PES 2016. Good gameplay dont mean ultra fast responsive input and pin pon passing with any team or any player. I believe everyone here are long time PES players so, lets be realistic
:))that wasn't my point.
my point was that EA always do much more talking(promoting,videos,promises) then KONAMI.
To say that, that proves their game is better is nonsense.
Like you said, the stat influence is not what we were used to in older Pes/We games, response is exaggerated and players feel floaty(not as bad as Fifa). I liked the heavier feel of players also.
Still some stats are there, you feel it. In FIFA it doesn't exist. all teams and players feel almost identical and still every year they claim that its there!!!
I also like how you compared PES 16 to another KONAMI game. Cause all the marketing aside, i would play a classic KONAMI football game any time of day instead of a EA football game.
even the classic ones have more football in them then the modern all licensed crap of EA.
so my point just was: why all the fuss about EA talking much more then KONAMI?
its always been like that:COOL:

So according to Adam shorts will stay the same, wide and plastic bag looking. I don't see how it's hard to just at least get rid of the huge gap, and make them fit.

So according to Adam shorts will stay the same, wide and plastic bag looking. I don't see how it's hard to just at least get rid of the huge gap, and make them fit.

I think that there are much more important things than this.
Another reason why Konami should ignore the fans: completely wrong priorities.

When you play the game, you hardly see the shirts...

That's your a main concern?
Not referees? or GK's? Or better import possibilities? Or more stadiums?
Shorts?
Go play Pokemon mate

Think they should listen to fans,but from focus groups,from various platforms and modes.
But when it comes to the above...you're absolutely right

Shorts?
Go play Pokemon mate

Seriously you're still going that routine. People already made sure to comment about those things and they all seem satisfied and even more than that. Listen to the podcast. Edit sharing exist now for importing stuff. Adam already said there would be more stadiums.

Seriously you're still going that routine. People already made sure to comment about those things and they all seem satisfied and even more than that. Listen to the podcast. Edit sharing exist now for importing stuff. Adam already said there would be more stadiums.
Just heard the podcast mate.
Still don't think shorts are an issue,and the things above haven't been confirmed yet right?,and have he confirmed sharing on xb1?
Bet those things are more relative to this community than shorts...
But hey that's just me...

And when did I say gameplay is not important? Plz grow some brain, if they are done with the gameplay they have to look at other details, this is a next gen game. If it didn't matter then PC fans shouldn't be complaining about the graphics, all the damn time.

Just heard the podcast mate.
Still don't think shorts are an issue,and the things above haven't been confirmed yet right?,and have he confirmed sharing on xb1?
Bet those things are more relative to this community than shorts...
But hey that's just me...

I think it's time for football games to look like a next gen game, why not look at those details when the competition clearly is better at that. It won't work for Xbox, they have system limitations. But on ps4/PC it won't be a problem, it's confirmed.

Shorts?
Go play Pokemon mate

Thiefs like to catch pokemon childrens in real life.
I'm serious.

If konami don´t licenced Libertadores i have the hope for the first time saw CAF Champions League on the Game. Maybe change country will give a big cold fresh to konami. :)

And when did I say gameplay is not important? Plz grow some brain, if they are done with the gameplay they have to look at other details, this is a next gen game. If it didn't matter then PC fans shouldn't be complaining about the graphics, all the damn time.

I'm with Gerd, I have never paid much attention to the kits so there are more important things to consider than those cosmetics IMO. For the record I don't think he was being rude it was just his opinion so please try and be a bit less defensive if you can matey.

Shorts?
Go play Pokemon mate

That was what I thought as soon as I read his post.

I mean there are so manh things that need fixing to have a more realistic and balanced gameplay.

What about making factors like stats, body balance, angle, wrong foot, pressue etc having an impact on power and direction of the passes ?

What about building a more active defending AI that can read opportunities of pass interceptions and also properlly cover 1-2s runs etc ?

What about a more organic and free ball physics, as currently the ball seems almost glued to the ground ?

What about proper refs with higher and much more realistic fouls rate per game, wich actually punish agressiveness and blind pressure abuse ?

After they fix all these stuff, then they can move to the next pripority wich is part of the visiual aspect of the game = animations. Normal passing animations for ex. are ridiculously bad. Basic movement on the ball is also akward, too much gliding when dribbling in tight spaces, and that little jump animation avoid tackles must go.

After they improve significantly alll these stuff then they can put all the efforts and resources they have to fix visuals that dont have a direct impact on gameplay, like shirts size

I'm with Gerd, I have never paid much attention to the kits so there are more important things to consider than those cosmetics IMO. For the record I don't think he was being rude it was just his opinion so please try and be a bit less defensive if you can matey.
I think it's simple,if EA has tons of strange animations every year,and the makers of NBA2k,wHo has the slickest game on the market,lets certain things go,then a understaffed(I think) Konami has to let things pass.

I'm just lucky to play a game that doesn't focus on FUT/HUT/vc kids.
I'm sure that Konami has realised that this year,and next and so on is a crossroad?

Started my ML career again,and I was so happy that I can customise rules in PES,ever try to play a career on FIFA?
They don't even have real rules.

I'm sure this game will fix last years problems (confirmed) and hopefully take this to the next level

I think it's simple,if EA has tons of strange animations every year,and the makers of NBA2k,wHo has the slickest game on the market,lets certain things go,then a understaffed(I think) Konami has to let things pass.

I'm just lucky to play a game that doesn't focus on FUT/HUT/vc kids.
I'm sure that Konami has realised that this year,and next and so on is a crossroad?

Started my ML career again,and I was so happy that I can customise rules in PES,ever try to play a career on FIFA?
They don't even have real rules.

I'm sure this game will fix last years problems (confirmed) and hopefully take this to the next level

Agreed, good post :))

I mean there are so manh things that need fixing to have a more realistic and balanced gameplay.

What about making factors like stats, body balance, angle, wrong foot, pressue etc having an impact on power and direction of the passes ?

What about building a more active defending AI that can read opportunities of pass interceptions and also properlly cover 1-2s runs etc ?

What about a more organic and free ball physics, as currently the ball seems almost glued to the ground ?

What about proper refs with higher and much more realistic fouls rate per game, wich actually punish agressiveness and blind pressure abuse ?

After they fix all these stuff, then they can move to the next pripority wich is part of the visiual aspect of the game = animations. Normal passing animations for ex. are ridiculously bad. Basic movement on the ball is also akward, too much gliding when dribbling in tight spaces, and that little jump animation avoid tackles must go.

After they improve significantly alll these stuff then they can put all the efforts and resources they have to fix visuals that dont have a direct impact on gameplay, like shirts size

Couldn't agree more mate,those things are so important to create a realistic and great game.
And that's what everyone wants? even the boring crap games,where nothing happends.

In real football,you build from the back,and after listening to the podcast,that's what they're doing.
Good solid defence.
And when it comes to the things you mentioned,I'm a bit spoiled from playing 2k16 between Nov and now,stopped playing PES since I switched consoles,and my pre installed from FIFA was not an option.
Horrible game

:TU::APPLAUD:

I think someone mentioned here before that it's not the shorts that is too big but the player's feet. In PES 2016 try editing their thigh and calf size to -3 or -5 and you'll see them much better, it also makes the running animation a bit better.

Thanks, for coming up for me.
It was certainly not my intention to be rude.

It's not all about gameplay either.
Konami is only using it as pretext to neglect all other things.

Yes ... I don't care a lot about kits movement etc
but it's not just about shorts ...
it's about how every player look like Roberto.Carlos !! by super huge thigh !!
I only want they make shorts atleast in reasonable and belivable size !!
again I don't care a lot about kits ... But if they were super huge size that would make players look like a 120kg man! then I would care surely !
that's why I and he care bout shorts ...
it's about minimums that a footy game should have visually ... we do not care to kits (shorts in this case) over gameplay ...

What happened to the old stats like PES 4/11 had. We don't see a lot of them anymore. Stats like Aggression, Tenacity, Shot technique, Team Work, etc. I found it strange when I got back to PES, it had non of that. Still I don't understand why they took those off. I thought it made a huge impact to the games back then and maybe that's why they were so great, players individuality is what been missing on PES games recently.

Yes ... I don't care a lot about kits movement etc
but it's not just about shorts ...
it's about how every player look like Roberto.Carlos !! by super huge thigh !!
I only want they make shorts atleast in reasonable and belivable size !!
again I don't care a lot about kits ... But if they were super huge size that would make players look like a 120kg man! then I would care surely !
that's why I and he care bout shorts ...
it's about minimums that a footy game should have visually ... we do not care to kits (shorts in this case) over gameplay ...

Exactly.

It's true you don't see shorts when you play the game...but you don't see faces either during gameplay and Konami make a huge deal about how many faces they've worked on and how they're always improving them. That always rubs me up the wrong way because it's just a bragging game, comparing PES to FIFA or this PES to another version of PES. Take away all those resources from making a face look 10% better and put it towards gameplay.

It's true you don't see shorts when you play the game...but you don't see faces either during gameplay and Konami make a huge deal about how many faces they've worked on and how they're always improving them. That always rubs me up the wrong way because it's just a bragging game, comparing PES to FIFA or this PES to another version of PES. Take away all those resources from making a face look 10% better and put it towards gameplay.

That's a great post Calcio sir. I agree wholeheartedly with your point there, it is a bit of a face competition.

And the minute they don't do any faces, but have a very good gameplay, 10.000 people are moaning about the faces.

PES has come to a point were there will always be very negative reactions. One could argue that this is Konami's own doing, but it doesn't help the franchise the least...

The moaners are slowly killing PES.

Complaining about shorts is (with all due respect) very stupid...

And the minute they don't do any faces, but have a very good gameplay, 10.000 people are moaning about the faces.

PES has come to a point were there will always be very negative reactions. One could argue that this is Konami's own doing, but it doesn't help the franchise the least...

The moaners are slowly killing PES.

Complaining about shorts is (with all due respect) very stupid...
I think it is something about games in general. People are moaning about all sorts of games. Just read the EA-sport forums about FIFA.
It's not only Konami or PES, although I agree that Konami is just a bit more 'under fire' than other games. Evo-Web is a bit more moaning than - for example - PES Fan. That has probably to do with the fact that PES Fan works together with Konami.

Back
Top Bottom