PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Last year and I think most years, there are teams that cant be edited. Names (off the top of my head) like Myhtxolgyani, Eggybourogh City, Netchamalsk... stupid things like that anyway.

They would not appear anywhere until you played Master League and then all of a sudden, you would draw one of them in the Champions League etc.

I appreciate the game needs teams to pad it out, especially to fill the European quota and I dont mind that they are fake. However all I ask is that we can edit them (even more so with Option Files), as then if you dont want to have to pretend you are playing an 'Armenian' team who have managed to sign say Tyler Blackett, then you can always edit them to something real!

Its probably something we will never know until the game drops, but still, I hope its sorted.

Totally agree. All this "listen to the fans" bullshit only shows the complete lack of direction and self confidence from the series. Also the majority of people have no idea of what they really want, just take Brexil as example... :P

Less trolling thanks.

Less trolling thanks.
If people get so sensitive about Brexil jokes maybe the "no political jokes" should be included in the forum rules. However, imo, that would go completely against the traditional British sense of humor, something that i really respect them for.

Last year and I think most years, there are teams that cant be edited. Names (off the top of my head) like Myhtxolgyani, Eggybourogh City, Netchamalsk... stupid things like that anyway.

They would not appear anywhere until you played Master League and then all of a sudden, you would draw one of them in the Champions League etc.

I appreciate the game needs teams to pad it out, especially to fill the European quota and I dont mind that they are fake. However all I ask is that we can edit them (even more so with Option Files), as then if you dont want to have to pretend you are playing an 'Armenian' team who have managed to sign say Tyler Blackett, then you can always edit them to something real!

Its probably something we will never know until the game drops, but still, I hope its sorted.

pretty sure it's already been confirmed by Adam they are editable

If people get so sensitive about Brexil jokes maybe the "no political jokes" should be included in the forum rules. However, imo, that would go completely against the traditional British sense of humor, something that i really respect them for.

Then dont take thread off topic, smartarse.

Slap him superleeds :p

I feel I had a slap in the face by that poll

As much as we complain, bicker, moan, groan and pull each others hair we are but a tiny piddle in a massive ocean and the AVERAGE gamer out there doesn't share our sentiment so good luck hardcore players. We are as fucked as Brexit.... Ducks for cover

Guys, do us all a favor and keep politics out of here. One small thing might snow ball into a bigger issue and we don't want that.

And that poll, I voted for the 2nd option.

Well, sure they will release at least a few pics before Gamescom, won't they ?

It'd be embarassing if they just "released" more and more words coming from big gaming media websites that are not trustful.

I've neve seen such absence of marketing.

Slap him superleeds :p

[bold]I feel I had a slap in the face by that poll [/bold]

As much as we complain, bicker, moan, groan and pull each others hair we are but a tiny piddle in a massive ocean and the AVERAGE gamer out there doesn't share our sentiment so good luck hardcore players. We are as fucked as Brexit.... Ducks for cover

Well, you shouldn´t zee. Honestly, how people still thinks konami is making PES targeting us, evowebbers?

This pool is only another prove of which audience they will (and must) listen. Either Konami or EA are always, from now on, listen first the MyClub and FUT users... always. All we´re getting is the rest.

I don´t blame them and none of us should if we use some logic. We spend $50 or $60 in the game while the MyClub and FUT users spend the same ammount plus a lot more buying cards and points. From an economic point of view it would be stupid to make the game targeting who spends less money on their games, correct?

Well, you shouldn´t zee. Honestly, how people still thinks konami is making PES targeting us, evowebbers?

This pool is only another prove of which audience they will (and must) listen. Either Konami or EA are always, from now on, listen first the MyClub and FUT users... always. All we´re getting is the rest.

I don´t blame them and none of us should if we use some logic. We spend $50 or $60 in the game while the MyClub and FUT users spend the same ammount plus a lot more buying cards and points. From an economic point of view it would be stupid to make the game targeting who spends less money on their games, correct?

Shouldnt they release a game that takes into account real world natural laws, or just a "football" game that satisfies the masses ?

Its gone the days that each new PES/WE forced us to spend a week playing it until we start succidind and scoring some goals.

People dont want to be challenged anymore. I think this may be part of the narcisistic mindset of this new but deluded generation. They need to feel so smart and good at somthing without any real practice and dedication, and the execuse people give to justify that "pick up and play" approach is the supposed lack of time, wich is bullshit.

I'd bet we, during ps2 golden era of PES franchise, didnt spend as much time as kids these day do playing MyClub and Ultimate Team.

Imo, challenging is part of the fun. Every virtual sport game must have some learning curve, every sport game needs to take into account factors/variances that increase error/unaccuracy for the sake of fun itself. I dont know how it would be fun a game that you know you cant hardly misplace pass even whene its done in the hardest circunstances.

Every game should punish bad user decisions, otherwise you have nothing to learn from it, no point trying to play more logically and rationally (and by consequence, more realitically).

Last edited:
This my friends is why I have taken to learning the guitar instead no shortcuts you need to play it and learn it before you can master it.

PES used to be like this now it's all about bragging rights. My team has CR7, Messi and Ibrahimovic so I win all my games for more points and players that are meaningless to my life.

Pssst.... Are we getting too old?

Shouldnt they release a game that takes into account real world natural laws, or just a "football" game that satisfies the masses ?

Its gone the days that each new PES/WE forced us to spend a week playing it until we start succidind and scoring some goals.

People dont want to be challenged anymore. I think this may be part of the narcisistic mindset of this new but deluded generation. They need to feel so smart and good at somthing without any real practice and dedication, and the execuse people give to justify that "pick up and play" approach is the supposed lack of time, wich is bullshit.

I'd bet we, during ps2 golden era of PES franchise, didnt spend as much time as kids these day do playing MyClub and Ultimate Team.

Imo, challenging is part of the fun. Every virtual sport game must have some learning curve, every sport game needs to take into account factors/variances that increase error/unaccuracy for the sake of fun itself. I dont know how it would be fun a game that you know you cant hardly misplace pass even whene its done in the hardest circunstances.

Every game should punish bad user decisions, otherwise you have nothing to learn from it, no point trying to play more logically and rationally (and by consequence, more realitically).

I agree with everything you say, i share the same feeling about the challeging being a big part of the gameplay. The problem is that we are from a past generation, we are many is true, however we´re not the majority anymore. What we seek in gameplay, i believe, we´ll never find in another AAA game of football anymore.

Our only hope is an indie football game targeting our gameplay taste, but will everyone accept the technical sacrifice of an indie football game only for a good gameplay? A game with low budget won´t be able to have real time physics, realistic animations, millionaire licenses etc, will people buy it even without those things?

That´s the real intimidating challenge for anyone that wants to start producing a new football game targeting ps2 era audience.

That pool is absurd. 51% saying id runs out to quick? Do this people even see football. Did they watched the Euro, to see how most of the teams end the game?

They just want to run, run, run, and that is why PES is becoming like Fifa in thinks that does not matter.

Why don´t Mr Batthi make a pool asking

What presentation do you prefer ( Sfx, commentary, menus, Game entrances, replays etc):
1 - Fifa
2 - PES

What online do you prefer ( in terms of functionality ):
1 - Fifa
2 - PES

And what is disgusting its that PES team does this just to be abble to tell people who care about the game that they listen to the fans. We forum and PES old timers will never be listened.

I bet if they make a pool asking what matters the most in the differentiation of players gameplaywise they will make the answers like:

Faces -
Hair -
Stats -

I bet faces and hair will win by a large margin :RANT::RANT: :COAT:

The stamina did drain way too quickly regardless of how you moved the players, needs to make more sense

Make more sense its good, but saying it drains to fast it´s a lie. It should be tied to the stamina stat, and to the abuse of running button.

As it is now almost every player gets stamina depleted between 70-80 m, independently of its been abused or not.

The R1 abusers should get the stamina depleted by half-time. You don´t see a player running down the wing in real life at the same speed for 7 or 8 times in a row like it´s possible in PES.

Its a difficult thing to implement because of the balance it needs, but i prefer it to drain quickly than not drain at all and be just a gimmick thing to fool people.

Oh and great post @Honome and @DuduBR9, i feel the same way as you exactly. And i would prefer an indie that brought us back the ps2 fundamentals, than this overrated AAA product calling themselves football/sport games we have nowadays where what it matters its to post on YouTube and facebook that you are the best, that you have a 100 consecutive wins in a row, that your game scores are like 5-2, 7-3, 10-1, and that you have in a week your myclub team with Ibra Ronaldo Messi, Neymar Bale, robben etc etc.

This kids should be forced to play PES on PS2 against skilled players so they went crying to their mommy saying they get bullyed by some guys that outplayed them in a proper football game.

Thats the reason why these shallow games from this generation stay longer on the shelves than on our "old guys" ( or anyone that care for a challenge or proper footbal game ) consoles.

I agree with everything you say, i share the same feeling about the challeging being a big part of the gameplay. The problem is that we are from a past generation, we are many is true, however we´re not the majority anymore. What we seek in gameplay, i believe, we´ll never find in another AAA game of football anymore.

Our only hope is an indie football game targeting our gameplay taste, but will everyone accept the technical sacrifice of an indie football game only for a good gameplay? A game with low budget won´t be able to have real time physics, realistic animations, millionaire licenses etc, will people buy it even without those things?

That´s the real intimidating challenge for anyone that wants to start producing a new football game targeting ps2 era audience.

That could turn out to be great if there was a company with some good resource behind it, like star citizen for pc.

This my friends is why I have taken to learning the guitar instead no shortcuts you need to play it and learn it before you can master it.

PES used to be like this now it's all about bragging rights. My team has CR7, Messi and Ibrahimovic so I win all my games for more points and players that are meaningless to my life.

Pssst.... Are we getting too old?

Yo zee, I hear ya man. I think we once took pride in being football purists, small teams, inventive gameplay.

I can't see the fun in bashing ping pong passes and generic attacks...

Is it PES 2016 or PES 2017 news/discussion thread?

Here is PES 2017! But have guys talking about PES 2016

CnGlgEGXgAEdZQN.jpg:large

I've always said that Konami listen too much to the fans.
Take as an example this thread.

What would you conclude from this thread?

Only one thing: avoid fan feedback.

95% of the posts in this thread are unreasonably (including mine).

Take out the 5% reasonable and you find people who say the GK are dreadfull, others will say that they are good (only an example).

The only valid conclusion is that there aren't enough fouls, but Adam and his colleagues already knew this....

Once again: i admire Bhatti more and more...

best post of the year:WORSHIP:

Fans were the ones that brought Winning Eleven to where it is in the PS1 and PS2 era...and now Fans are the ones that are destroying the PES PS3 and PS4 era....

When you try to please everyone, you please no one....just go back to what you wanted to do/make...and stick to it...people will appreciate for what it is as before...

I'm hearing great things here.

Many positives like how the defending is great, how the AI are adaptive to situations, and glad to hear about the great referees and goal keepers. I'm also really happy to hear that FIFA guy struggling with 1 bar passing, and the existence of first touch errors.

Some negatives I caught is how the animations are still generally bad and the collision system as well, and goal keeper slow motion diving still exists. Sounds promising so far

Back
Top Bottom