PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

At the Konami page they say somewhere in lines "never a football game looked so real". Well, if the kits are still the same, I don't think that's even possible. Hopefully they change it up, and surprise us with the new trailer. Gameplay is very important but things like realistic grass, crowd noises, commentary, kits, etc. are very important and is what been missing since moving to fox engine.

That they haven't released a trailer just yet is hopefully good news, based on what Adam said about still making new engine additions. I'd be more worried if they showed us something now as you'd expect there was not much improvement to come. Fingers crossed they will improve shooting variety once they've worked out how to balance it out with the new keeper animations.

That they haven't released a trailer just yet is hopefully good news, based on what Adam said about still making new engine additions. I'd be more worried if they showed us something now as you'd expect there was not much improvement to come. Fingers crossed they will improve shooting variety once they've worked out how to balance it out with the new keeper animations.

I think they want to get it right this year and are deliberately delaying it. We need shooting variety for the a.i. . . it killed the last game.

I doubt if u pick up PES 4-5-6 right know or any ISS game u can score a screamer in an hour. Could be...but very unlikely.

+

and this:

In my hour with PES 2017 there must have been around 20 goals scored

Remember the time going to the new game from PES 3 onwards up until PES 6, it felt similar but different and the adaption was huge to even get chances, now this guy plays the new game for only one hour (and all the circumstances surely) and scores 20 goals?

If that number is just him or all goals put together (AI) I don't know, still let it be 10 goals, still would be way too much imho.

And no words about the foul AMOUNT, just talk about the strictness (yellow), but that for me never was an issue with the new games, the amount of fouls was the issue.

Last edited:
if he played 10 mins games then its appr 3 goals / per game, yet he doesnt mention difficulty levels, is he played only against cpu or real player aswell?

yes the same thoughts about the fouls from me aswell

most of these reviews sucks, literally they just dont know what to look out for, they are so generic, if you read ALL then you can put together a review that touches 70-80% of the gameplay

I mean if these impressions would start with WHAT THE TESTER LIKES ABOUT FOOTY GAMES and wich ones are his favs then i can understand his point of view and where he is coming from. BC lets be honest i have no time to follow all the guys, LELLY was the only one who started off what he liked about 2016 and what he didnt. He gave the most professional playtest impression of them all...including IGN and every testers.

+

and this:

Remember the time going to the new game from PES 3 onwards up until PES 6, it felt similar but different and the adaption was huge to even get chances, now this guy plays the new game for only one hour (and all the circumstances surely) and scores 20 goals?

If that number is just him or all goals put together (AI) I don't know, still let it be 10 goals, still would be way too much imho.

And no words about the foul AMOUNT, just talk about the strictness (yellow), but that for me never was an issue with the new games, the amount of fouls was the issue.

He says he scored about 15 goals on his podcast, played the matches and ranched from 2-1 to 4-1 and against AI in regular didn't mention the score. He says every score he scored felt different and didn't feel repetitive or the same.

Site has been updated.
https://www.konami.com/wepes/2017/eu/en/

not much info, XO will run at 1360x1080p

btw gamescom last year was held during the first week of august, now its the 2nd/3rd only 3 weeks prior release. so last year it was obvious they announce the demo date at gamescom but now..."the demo will hit next week" i guess will be that?

Last edited:
They lost the Copa Libertadores and (Re)Copa Sudamericana licenses.

Awesome!

So this year they lost:

La Liga license
Copa Libertadores
Recopa
Japanese League

and got no new licenses

Is it just me, or anyone else thinks they are investing less and less money in Pes development?

btw if Atletico is licenced in the final game, the coverstar should be Griezmann, its his tournament

its official

Pro Evolution SoccerVerified account
‏@officialpes
Big news! #PES2017 will be released on September 13 (Americas) & September 15 (EU). Prepare to #ControlReality!

Last edited:
At the last info given by Adam Bhatty he said that news about new modes will come later.
If THIS is that news, then where are the new modes?? I see the old modes, from which some are improvements but I expected completely new modes.
But maybe that was a bit naive from me :D

Awesome!

So this year they lost:

La Liga license
Copa Libertadores
Recopa
Japanese League

and got no new licenses

Is it just me, or anyone else thinks they are investing less and less money in Pes development?

License money isn't really development money, but I understand what you mean.

At the last info given by Adam Bhatty he said that news about new modes will come later.
If THIS is that news, then where are the new modes?? I see the old modes, from which some are improvements but I expected completely new modes.
But maybe that was a bit naive from me :D

there was a youtube video from e3 where Adam said there would not be new modes, they were just improving the current modes

The game is going gold next month, negotiations should have been completed a long time ago.

Actually about 2 months. Adam Bhatti commented on it said "licensing news as a whole we cannot comment on, you'll get more information on that soon " so maybe they secure it, who knows.

There is talk here in Hong Kong that the local version here will have Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) commentators!!!

It may not matter to others, but to us here, it is huge as the first game with Chinese commentators...will help in its sales here.

I remember in PS1 days, some people would make patches with Cantonese commentators for the game and they are very popular too...haha

Hasnt a playtester already said that cloth physics are so good in PES 2017 that when a player jump high we can see his bely ?

Lets wait and see.

The problem is that we've been waiting far too long already. That teaser video sucked.

but the shorts looks plastic pipe yet, they don't even look textile :BORED::(

I can tolerate lack of cloths movement, but if they're fit size at least !
not like shorts very very big and wide ...
when it's very big, so lack of movement will be more obvious.

Hong Kong PES gamers are excited today....

PES Asia official Facebook page announced today that Cantonese commentary is included first time in the PES series, along with Japanese, English and Mandarin commentary in the Asia version.

there was a youtube video from e3 where Adam said there would not be new modes, they were just improving the current modes

Thanks for clearing that up :)
I wonder if the improvements are enough to make this a new game, rather than an improved version of PES 2016.

^
They didn't lose the Japanese league, it's not even that big of a deal. They still have the AFC champions league which means they have every top team that qualified in Asia. In my opinion that's more important.

They lost the Copa Libertadores and (Re)Copa Sudamericana licenses.

Cm2DoiwXgAAIF0O.jpg

Back
Top Bottom