PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

So if we'd like to play 2 player games on different consoles online in co op mode against either CPU or humans, not possible already? Does pes have any like FIFA's co op seasons?

PES 17 vs FIFA: Konami Focusing on What They Are Good At

“Gameplay is key, you buy a game to play it.”

“We are focusing on what we’re good at, at the moment,” Steve Merrett, who works at Voltage PR, the firm handling PR for Konami in the UK, said to GamingBolt in an exclusive interview. “We’ve got My Club which has got a wealth of new additions, and Master League has had its biggest ever revamp. People love Master League. It’s an incredibly engrossing game, it’s one of the things that makes PES popular in the first place because it gives it a huge depth that you wouldn’t expect from a football game.

“And now that they’ve added various things, like proper transfer deadlines and training and stuff like that, it’s going to make it more engrossing. We’re just going to continue to refine what’s in there. I think that we are always up for coming up with new ideas but they’ve got to be bolstering the PES experience. Because gameplay is key, you buy a game to play it and that’s where we want it to be.”

Read more at http://gamingbolt.com/pes-17-vs-fifa-konami-focusing-on-what-they-are-good-at#YaVzOuRXb3ppG1QU.99

PES 17 vs FIFA: Konami Focusing on What They Are Good At

“Gameplay is key, you buy a game to play it.”

“We are focusing on what we’re good at, at the moment,” Steve Merrett, who works at Voltage PR, the firm handling PR for Konami in the UK, said to GamingBolt in an exclusive interview. “We’ve got My Club which has got a wealth of new additions, and Master League has had its biggest ever revamp. People love Master League. It’s an incredibly engrossing game, it’s one of the things that makes PES popular in the first place because it gives it a huge depth that you wouldn’t expect from a football game.

“And now that they’ve added various things, like proper transfer deadlines and training and stuff like that, it’s going to make it more engrossing. We’re just going to continue to refine what’s in there. I think that we are always up for coming up with new ideas but they’ve got to be bolstering the PES experience. Because gameplay is key, you buy a game to play it and that’s where we want it to be.”

Read more at http://gamingbolt.com/pes-17-vs-fifa-konami-focusing-on-what-they-are-good-at#YaVzOuRXb3ppG1QU.99

in regards to master league, they said the exact same thing for pes 16 and there gonna keep saying it every year, konami for a while now is too much talk and actions are very basic.

Congratz Zee, Luckily, I have 2 months to play before my family grows..

As for the 2P league thing, I'm very happy cause my friends still come over to play games. I still prefer it than the online gaming, so its great for me and I can continue to play leagues with my friends when they are over (rather than start a new one or play small tournaments/exhibition matches)

we need this ball in PES 2017
2016-17-premier-league-ball-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesssssssss so that date gives me about 2 weeks before a new member joins my now not so small family :D
Congrats Zee!

Its good that AI in both games are dumb. There's a reason not to improve AI.

What if AI becomes self aware and terminates all humans?
Imagine if that became the excuse. "We can't allow you to mix kits due to licenses, blame the big sportswear companies, not us, and by the way, for those who keep moaning about the AI, do you REALLY want our game to start monitoring your conversations and trying to kill you? It is what it is!"

IMO there needs to be a lot of work done on the atmosphere. Both games are poor at this imo.

Crowd noise, etc. Needs to get you feeling like its an organic experience.
I was playing FIFA the other day and scored a winning goal to advance out of the "European Cup" (Champions League) group stages. I started shouting, and immediately stopped when I realised that my reaction - i.e. "OHMYGODYEARGHHHHHH" - was entirely different from the crowd's - i.e. "yeahhh woo".

Instead of having a different set of cheers for high-pressure, high-stakes situations, it seemed like there was only one set of standard cheers, and it really spoilt the moment.

It was the equivalent of scoring a World Cup winner and then seeing this:

200.gif

There's a PC thread now folks.
Let's give it a trial run so that we can try and focus the discussion(s) in each thread.

EDIT: I've also moved all the PC-related posts from the last week or so over into the thread to prevent replies appearing in here...

I appreciate that it's difficult to avoid repeating points when there's very little news at the moment...

Speaking of which, has the delayed "new website" that Adam announced been revealed yet?

Last edited:
Comedy time:

350jo88.jpg

Ps: thats not mine, its coming from the guy who accused Adam of supporting ISIS.

Konami fault there's no news. People are kept in this secrecy like if they got the 8 wonder of the world and cannot unveil nothing. A teaser for nothing, a site that's not a site because incompetence is a requirement at Konami office.

Konami fault there's no news. People are kept in this secrecy like if they got the 8 wonder of the world and cannot unveil nothing. A teaser for nothing, a site that's not a site because incompetence is a requirement at Konami office.

Believe it or not, I suspect the guys writing code, graphic designers, sound engineers, stats guys and Uncle Tom Cobley n all are actually doing their best and working very hard. Konami can never win, because even if they do show something, it will no doubt be ripped to shreds!

Konami owe me nothing, I play the demo and decide to buy it, all this tripe in between is just waffle! There are a handful of people on these forums that make sense, have balanced views and interesting ideas, but the rest ( that is not a dig at you) add no value to the topic, just moaning and groaning, having a dig at individuals or the company, it makes no sense.

Believe it or not, I suspect the guys writing code, graphic designers, sound engineers, stats guys and Uncle Tom Cobley n all are actually doing their best and working very hard. Konami can never win, because even if they do show something, it will no doubt be ripped to shreds!

Konami owe me nothing, I play the demo and decide to buy it, all this tripe in between is just waffle! There are a handful of people on these forums that make sense, have balanced views and interesting ideas, but the rest ( that is not a dig at you) add no value to the topic, just moaning and groaning, having a dig at individuals or the company, it makes no sense.

You're right. The amount of vultures waiting to pick the bones of Pes 2017 is laughable. Try the demo and either buy the game or don't. When the demo comes out it will be like defending rourkes drift here with the amount of ex Pes or fake Pes fans who want 'both games to be good this year bullshit' going over every detail to find faults and putting up their videos of everything that's wrong with it.

The way I see it is if you like Fifa play Fifa and if you prefer Pes play Pes. I'm a Pes fan .. . do you really think I'd be arsed to go onto the Fifa site to pick holes in their sacred game . .not a chance.

I hated Pes 2015 but had the decency not to come on to the site to slag it off. . .why should I ruin it for the people who were enjoying it.

This mad childlike anticipation for news is crazy it will be out when it's out .. Santa's coming.. . relax guys.

You're right. The amount of vultures waiting to pick the bones of Pes 2017 is laughable. Try the demo and either buy the game or don't. When the demo comes out it will be like defending rourkes drift here with the amount of ex Pes or fake Pes fans who want 'both games to be good this year bullshit' going over every detail to find faults and putting up their videos of everything that's wrong with it.

The way I see it is if you like Fifa play Fifa and if you prefer Pes play Pes. I'm a Pes fan .. . do you really think I'd be arsed to go onto the Fifa site to pick holes in their sacred game . .not a chance.

I hated Pes 2015 but had the decency not to come on to the site to slag it off. . .why should I ruin it for the people who were enjoying it.

This mad childlike anticipation for news is crazy it will be out when it's out .. Santa's coming.. . relax guys.

:WORSHIP:

I just watched the new FIFA 17 video, the graphics look like an old version of FIFA 12 lol. But one thing to notice are the kits, they look amazing, the way it moves and stretches, looks absolutely real. I don't understand why it's so difficult for PES to do so, the graphics look very nice but the kits have been so bad since they moved to fox engine, they look so bad not in details but in terms of how it looks, doesn't look like its a piece of clothing, more like plastic bags, doesn't move and stretch realistically. Those little details are very important and as always FIFA has great cameras. I want those two things because that's the only thing that I thought FIFA were always better at.

I just watched the new FIFA 17 video, the graphics look like an old version of FIFA 12 lol. But one thing to notice are the kits, they look amazing, the way it moves and stretches, looks absolutely real. I don't understand why it's so difficult for PES to do so, the graphics look very nice but the kits have been so bad since they moved to fox engine, they look so bad not in details but in terms of how it looks, doesn't look like its a piece of clothing, more like plastic bags, doesn't move and stretch realistically. Those little details are very important and as always FIFA has great cameras. I want those two things because that's the only thing that I thought FIFA were always better at.

They're all raving about the lighting and freekicks in Fifa 2017 and we have plastic bags for clothes....long way to go yet.

and the fact that cloths were at fifa 17 level in pes 14 !!! (and in last generation!)
and now that cloth physic is gone in current generation!! wierd thing from Konami as always ...

and the fact that cloths were at fifa 17 level in pes 14 !!! (and in last generation!)
and now that cloth physic is gone in current generation!! wierd thing from Konami as always ...

Hasnt a playtester already said that cloth physics are so good in PES 2017 that when a player jump high we can see his bely ?

Lets wait and see.

The problem is that we've been waiting far too long already. That teaser video sucked.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom