PES 2017 PlayStation & Xbox Discussion Thread

Please explain:
I would say that PES-players go to FIFA if PES stops developing PES.
And even if PES-players will not go to FIFA, then why would EA loose sales? In the worst scenario EA would buy equally much FIFA-copies.

Peoplr can't compare a product if it doesn't have alternative. So they show less interest to buy it. Having a competitor influenceces tge price of product, quality of product and yada yada. This is just my thought only. I'm no business expert. So you maybe right.

They are getting the licenses to complete their game. They don't give a fuck about what PES is doing. They know they are bigger and can afford to splash the cash so they will. If they cared about killing off PES then they would just buy all the licenses and lets face it, they could.

sorry i didn't increase my font size or change the colour to emphasise my opinion.

That would have made sense, if FIFA 16 lacked licensees, getting J-League is clearly a knock at the competition, getting the Spanish league which they already had anyways is also another dig on PES. They didn't need those things licensed yet they did, because they know that PES is getting better reviews than them.

couple of questions for whoever has played pes 2017 at either pes day event or e3.

1. does the ai attempt long range shots (25m+) at goal?
2. are there acrobatic attempts at goal/defensive clearance in every match? (pes 2016 it happens every 2 minutes)

everyone keeps forgetting these points.
1. Konami has lots of money too.
2. Japanese are best developers in world.
3. UEFA is biggest and best license of all.
4. EA isn't good at game development.

5. We have hundreads of Countries konami can able to licenced without worry about fifa. :)
No English league, let's put Liechenstein or San Marino instead.
For me it's fine, more licences for the game more beautifull the game will be.
I still have FIFA 11 Patch it contains all Europe Leagues. (Don´t ask me!)

Last edited:
My top 10 from worst to best:

1- PES 2008/2016
2- PES 2009
3- PES 2010/2012
4- PES 2011
5- PES 4
6- PES 2015
7- PES 2013
8- PES 6
9- PES 3
10 PES 5

Yep, PES 2016 is that bad to me.

1- PES 2008/2016
2- PES 2009
3- PES 2010/2012
4- PES 2011
5- PES 4
6- PES 2015
7- PES 2013
8- PES 6
9- PES 3
10 PES 5

Nothing is worse than PES 2014. You can have fun praising the animations all you want but everything else just sucked, and killed the series for a lot of people.

1- PES 2008/2016
2- PES 2009
3- PES 2010/2012
4- PES 2011
5- PES 4
6- PES 2015
7- PES 2013
8- PES 6
9- PES 3
10 PES 5

635515964280865297-8886480_michaelscott10.gif

I sustain my argument that WE10 is the best PES/WE ever, as it combines every good aspect of PES 5 and 6. So many game modes that were scrapped in future games...

I just hope they make the camera more like FIFA's this time. The TV broadcast in PES 2016 could have been way better done. Look at that and make it like FIFA's camera movements.

Nothing is worse than PES 2014. You can have fun praising the animations all you want but everything else just sucked, and killed the series for a lot of people.

:LOL:

Your opinion but I liked it. It just needed quicker response time.

Anyway, we're only ~2 months away :)

:LOL:

Your opinion but I liked it. It just needed quicker response time.

Anyway, we're only ~2 months away :)

That was my problem with it, it wasn't responsive enough, it felt like it was broken or not finished in a lot of ways.

Yes, 2 more months. Or a month for the demo. ML is what I'm excited about the most.

Lol

I confess I just said that because of how bad the game plays online, due to how fast gameplay is and how accurate everything is (passing, through pass, long balls, shooting, tackling etc).

Its just frustrating how Konami went into that direction, making the game online as dumb, pick up and play as possible, and on top of that, a minor lag, a 0.5sec of delay is enough to make too hard to deal with pressure abuse, as if it was not enough the super accurate tackling and non existent ref to call fouls.

But then after some matchs online I play euro quarter finals offline and I enjoy it, and suddently the game become good again.

The game offline can be very fun. I dont know if its just me, but I find euro mode, specially when you advance from group stage, very fun, to a point that it makes me think the Euro mode have a more refined gameplay code, I don't know.

If you overlook unacceptable flaws like lack of fouls, this game offline can be fun. But online is just trash, theres no merit on scoring/winning, thats why I choose playing on manual against assisted players on quick match mode where theres no points/reputation (yep, Im a masochist lol).

Last edited:
I love PES player models. They have a weight about them compared to FIFA's slick ones. It's probably the only thing I've constantly liked about PES over the years.

Lol

I confess I just said that because of how bad the game plays online, due to how fast gameplay is and how accurate everything is (passing, through pass, long balls, shooting, tackling etc).

Its just frustrating how Konami went into that direction, making the game online as dumb, pick up and play as possible, and on top of that, a minor lag, a 0.5sec of delay is enough to make too hard to deal with pressure abuse, as if it was not enough the super accurate tackling and non existent ref to call fouls.

But then after some matchs online I play euro quarter finals offline and I enjoy it, and suddently the game become good again.

The game offline can be very fun. I dont know if its just me, but I find euro mode, specially when you advance from group stage, very fun, to a point that it makes me think the Euro mode have a more refined gameplay code, I don't know.

If you overlook unacceptable flaws like lack of fouls, this game offline can be fun. But online is just trash, theres no merit on scoring/winning, thats why I choose playing on manual against assisted players on quick match mode where theres no points/reputation (yep, Im a masochist lol).

Have u tried Online Divisions on manual passing? Just set the filter to "similar settings" and people u play will have manual passing as well, it can sometimes take a couple of minutes to find someone but it is totally worth it. :)

They are getting the licenses to complete their game. They don't give a fuck about what PES is doing. They know they are bigger and can afford to splash the cash so they will. If they cared about killing off PES then they would just buy all the licenses and lets face it, they could.

sorry i didn't increase my font size or change the colour to emphasise my opinion.

how exclusiveness is related to complete their game??!!!

if it was just licence, you would be right !
but exclusive means prevent others to get this licence!
this aspect isn't about their game !

Yeah, Pes 14 gameplay sucked. You know why? Cause the response time of players werea nightmare.

Pes 17 pc has a lot of possibility to be a Ps4 port. But it just will be a port. With 60fps locked and no support for ultrawide/ 16:10 and probably the input lag will still persist. But they need to fix the ball shooting system. Why they kick the ball out of goal when not holding sprint. .

I haven't really kept up with this thread at all, how did it become 55 pages already? Can we have a "Best of Pes 2017 News & Discussion Thread-Thread"? :D

how exclusiveness is related to complete their game??!!!

if it was just licence, you would be right !
but exclusive means prevent others to get this licence!
this aspect isn't about their game !

makes business sense to spend a lot of money to get a license and then still let someone else get it too? Of course if you pay for something like that you want it for you and no-one else. I still maintain EA isn't all that bothered about PES in its strategy as a brand. It doesn't need to be.

Cheers for the bold again it really clears stuff up.

everyone keeps forgetting these points.

1. Konami has lots of money too.

2. Japanese are best developers in world.

3. UEFA is biggest and best license of all.

4. EA isn't good at game development.

The EPL license is worth more than the UEFA license. That and online stability/FUT move major units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pes 17 pc has a lot of possibility to be a Ps4 port.

To be a PS4 it's a no.
It's a xbox360 port we need to wait when Microsoft stop provide xbox360 Copies and consoles.
Or maybe sony or konami force the ps3 port to xbox360 to pc... that can be so much laughable for my stomach.
Just sayin'...

It's so interesting how everyone views this game differently. Although a lot hated it, I still think Pes2014, despite the response time, is the closest to sim that Konami has ever got. When I say "despite the response time", I actually think this adds to the simulation factor. You can't just react/move in real life like you can in pes16 and fifa16. Of course they could have tweaked the response time a little more to make the game a little more enjoyable.. or even better (I reckon) they could have increased the response time for only the special players to set apart the individuality, and being able to control players like messi easier. I agree there was a lot of that "unfinished feeling" to pes14, but despite this, just playing the demo versions the other day, I still got that sense of realism I don't with pes16/fifa16, with player animations, player movement, ball physics etc.

On which pes/we was the best. Well in terms of most complete game, id actually go past we9LE pc(which ive been playing heap of lately due to the new euro 16 patching, increased resolution, memory fix - can now use pes6 stadiums, ball physics patch) as its just a bit too fast, and speeder just doesn't work on my pc. I reckon that the ps2 versions where the most complete, and played the most sim like. My choice was WE2009JL or CC.. or whatever it was called. Basically the most advanced pes6 you could get, with polished gameplay, more animations, including the fact you could actually out header the keeper on a sky ball dropping in the box, which you couldn't do on any previous version. Btw, the reason I didn't go we2010jl/cc was because this game was pretty much the same as we2009jl, but we2009 didn't have any slowdown whatsoever, particularly when too many men were in the box.

May get the ps2 out in the next day or two to relive some of those moments. We really need some pes2017 videos...

Back
Top Bottom